"How Would..." Threads

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
SilverLinings
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

"How Would..." Threads

Post by SilverLinings »

What happened to all of the "How Would..." topics from before about 3 months ago? There is one from 4 years ago but then not another one until about 3 months. I know there were a few that really got me interested in posting one myself. I don't think a user can delete a topic, can they?
Bigballgag1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bigballgag1 »

I’ve always wondered that myself actually. Id imagine its some kind of auto delete function after a few months just for that part of the site. However it does seem strange as you say for one to be a few years without reply. :)
Guyoc22
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Guyoc22 »

i think if they hae had no post in 3 months it auto deletes
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

@chadmc90, can you clear this up?
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Xtc wrote: 1 month ago @chadmc90, can you clear this up?
I can answer this. Yes, the threads do auto-delete after a few months. RP requests also auto-delete after a set period of inactivity.
CGC Short Stories (F+f+/F+f+): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20527
Find my other CGC Stories in the same link above!

SilverLinings
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SilverLinings »

Thank you @AlexUSA3 !

That is quite disappointing though, any particular reason why it is that way for those two areas of the website but not the others?
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

I assume because they do not really add as much to the site. Stories have always been the main focus, and the community forums can be interesting, but roleplay/how would threads may not be of any real interest to anyone except the few users posting in them
SilverLinings
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SilverLinings »

Fewer people enjoy that segment of the website so items are automatically deleted after a few months? That just doesn't make sense. There's the whole group of short story contests where most of it hasn't been touched in 3 years but it is all still there.

Would love an Admin's feedback on this...

Love,
Getting more confused by the post
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

SilverLinings wrote: 1 month ago Thank you @AlexUSA3 !

That is quite disappointing though, any particular reason why it is that way for those two areas of the website but not the others?
They basically disappear because they add nothing to the site once the window has passed, and those and certain other forums don't even count toward a person's post total with regards to site permissions and such.
CGC Short Stories (F+f+/F+f+): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20527
Find my other CGC Stories in the same link above!

Bigballgag1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bigballgag1 »

I understand some of the reasoning behind this and there are some users who post multiple how would requests which would otherwise dominate ( 8-) ) the section.

However the current oldest post has been untouched for at least a year and is a privacy concern with pictures of allegedly real people. Is there a reason this one does not get deleted? Or is it just a system glitch or something?

The original poster doesn’t appear to have posted anything in 3 years so i’m assuming is no longer active on here?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic