Warning about meetups

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Warning about meetups

Post by Terry »

Not sure how to say this or if this is the right place to post but just a quick warning involving meetups. I met up with someone on here the other day but not before meeting someone else by mistake in a massive mix-up. I think he was meant to meet someone else as was I and turned out to be the same meetup place and for similar interests. (bondage stuff etc)

Only this person ended up being a cocaine addict and also wanted paid for his "services", which was never the arrangement. I soon realised my mistake and this person and his "bodyguard" left my flat when they saw I wasn't going to pay. He wanted to use my laptop also to go on the deep web to buy cocaine but I wouldn't allow it.

Felt really embarrassed and also betrayed. As a result I also lost my bank card and my phone what I am now in the process of replacing.

After they left, I messaged the actual person I was meant to meet who confirmed that was not him and we hadn't met yet. We did meet in the end which was more positive and this was only for a chat.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Sorry to be blunt, but you agreed to meet up with someone without first exchanging facepics and names (so that you'd recognise each other when you saw each other) and then you brought two strangers to your flat without realising that it wasn't the one guy you agreed to meetup with? Good lord.

Sounds like a terrible experience, but a totally avoidable one.
Why on earth would you allow a third person into your flat if the guy you agreed to meetup with never mentioned bringing someone else along? So many red flags, I don't even know what to say.

I feel bad for what you went through, but you should definitely be more cautious in the future.
I'm just sorry you had to learn this the hard way. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Rule of thumb, always exchange face pics (several if possible) and first names with whoever is it you plan on meeting.
That's pretty much the most basic thing.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Thank you, yeah I'll definetely be more careful in future.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic