Site Upgrade/Fixes Thread

Have an idea for a new feature? Want to see an extension or style added from the phpBB database? Tell us here and we will consider it.
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site Upgrade/Fixes Thread

Post by chadmc90 »

Please post any questions/comments/concerns in regards to the site upgrade here.  

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks @Chadmc90 .  Now let's await developments
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Do "mentions" work?
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

@Xtc they may not since the release of phpBB 3.3.   Will check on it.  It could also be this new editor....

MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

Hurrah! Thank you. Your work is much appreciated. 
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I've got centering (yuk!) to work and changed pitch size but can't figure out how the font colour change works.
ticklescare
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ticklescare »

Unfortunately I dont understand the update as it has caused a rather crippingling issue.  Me and one of my friends here have a long running RP, and chatting with a couple of other people I filled up the PM fold.

No fear I made an overflow folder and my settings dont release messages when the first folder is full.

But ever since this update was put in this morning I have messages that cant be released and whenever I try to move messages into a folder I get a "Invalid Form Submitted"  which I have no idea how to solve considering Im checking boxes to be moved into a folder.
Oh well Ill just delete some fluff messages.
Except even trying to DELETE messages leads to a "Invalid Form Submitted, please change form and try again etcetcetc"
Well okay, the oldest message isn't an important one.  Ill just press release messages that are on hold.

That does nothing it wants me to clear space.

So basically this upgrade (is there a way to go back to green and black this is an eyesore right now) means I can not access my PMs at all.  Which is rather annoying.  Though I can make a new account that seems like a pointless maneuver when everything was working until we suddenly got this weird update.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?  Maybe someone explained it and I just missed it
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Can't help with the technical stuff but to get the green theme:
User Control Panel
Board Preferences
Global . . .
It's on the page there.
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

ticklescare wrote: 4 years ago Unfortunately I dont understand the update as it has caused a rather crippingling issue.  Me and one of my friends here have a long running RP, and chatting with a couple of other people I filled up the PM fold.

No fear I made an overflow folder and my settings dont release messages when the first folder is full.

But ever since this update was put in this morning I have messages that cant be released and whenever I try to move messages into a folder I get a "Invalid Form Submitted"  which I have no idea how to solve considering Im checking boxes to be moved into a folder.
Except even trying to DELETE messages leads to a "Invalid Form Submitted, please change form and try again etcetcetc"
Well okay, the oldest message isn't an important one.  Ill just press release messages that are on hold.

So basically this upgrade (is there a way to go back to green and black this is an eyesore right now) means I can not access my PMs at all.  Which is rather annoying.  Though I can make a new account that seems like a pointless maneuver when everything was working until we suddenly got this weird update.  Anyone know how to fix this issue?  Maybe someone explained it and I just missed it

I also have the same message when trying to delete messages
View my latest story, Revelation, here;

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8719

To view it's prequel Devastation, please click below;
https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7458
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by chadmc90 »

wolfman wrote: 4 years ago
ticklescare wrote: 4 years ago Unfortunately I dont understand the update as it has caused a rather crippingling issue.  Me and one of my friends here have a long running RP, and chatting with a couple of other people I filled up the PM fold.

This is actually a problem in the update.   I can't fix this particular issue until phpBB devs release a hotfix.  I will keep an eye out on the forums, but until then, if you need to delete a message, you will have to manually "view" each message and click the "delete" button on each.

For more info on current bugs/issues, visit https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=661&t=2536701
Driverman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Driverman »

Just a quick comment, I have the opposite feelings on this color scheme from ticklescare! 

I always used the green/black, and was surprised to see this greyish-blue when I logged in today, but I LOVE it.  So by a happy coincidence, I am glad it reset the color schemes!

Thanks for all the work you do to keep the site running smoothly, and to give little happy surprises like this!
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

The view between editor and end result look weird and are not in sync. Even the preview is off. Example:Stuck again“You are not really good at escaping, are you?” Lucas asked the tightly taped female on the floor of the family room.“Hmmpppffffff.” Sally responded, not being able to do much else.She had heard how Tamara had been taken away and then all she heard was the boys playing on the game console. After a while, the boys stopped playing and she could hear them sitting down next to her.“Should we release you?” Jacob asked her.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

chadmc90 wrote: 4 years ago

This is actually a problem in the update.   I can't fix this particular issue until phpBB devs release a hotfix.  I will keep an eye out on the forums, but until then, if you need to delete a message, you will have to manually "view" each message and click the "delete" button on each.

For more info on current bugs/issues, visit https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=661&t=2536701

Absolutely spot on. I can delete using this method. 

on a side note, thank you for all your work on this awesome site

Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Thanks for the continued support to keep this site running!

Two minor questions: In the current theme the names of yellow/orange members (contest judges/centennial club) are very hard to read. Would it be possible to change this to something more readable?

The X of the notification on the top is black and invisible (the click this away button). Could you change it to white?

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

You could try changing the theme:
User Control Panel
Board Preferences
Global . . .
and the pick a different theme.
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Thanks for fixing the forum.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

A HUGE THANKS TO CHADMC90 AND THE REST OF THE STAFF!

Feels great to have this place back in working order.
Cheers!

FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Just tried posting an update to https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5764
Used a copy and post from a 'word' document.  Took all the paragraphs (double line returns) out.  HELP!
wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Xtc wrote: 4 years ago Just tried posting an update to https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5764
Used a copy and post from a 'word' document.  Took all the paragraphs (double line returns) out.  HELP!

I am having the same issue 

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Xtc wrote: 4 years ago Just tried posting an update to https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5764

I am having the same issue 

Ii appreciate that a lot is going on but is there any projected resolve on this, it makes uploading a real pain. 

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Wolfman, Chadmc90 has said that, if it is being a real pain, he will take the new editor out.

wolfman
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by wolfman »

Xtc wrote: 4 years ago Wolfman, Chadmc90 has said that, if it is being a real pain, he will take the new editor out.

It is not ideal as it is, but if need be I can work with it for the time being. 

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

More than I can!
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

At the moment I just go from Word to Notepad to the site, that seems to work for me. Little extra work, but not much (1 more Ctrl-V, one more Ctrl-A and one more CTRL-C)
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

Again, thanks to Chad for updating/fixing the site.  How do you mention someone on this new site?  I knew this at one point but for whatever reason, it is not working for me now.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic