Jon J : 04 - Fun Scout lesson (m/m)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Jon J : 04 - Fun Scout lesson (m/m)

Post by Canuck100 »

Jon J's stories
04 - Fun Scout lesson
Story index at the bottom

By Jon J

Wednesday, February 8th 2006 - 07:20:57 PM

Fun Scout lesson.

Hi everyone. Great stories, and no fussing lately. lol

This happened when I first joined Scouts last year.

At the first couple of meetings, they was finishing up with First Aid for the guys who wanted the merit badge. Then, at the third meeting we started on Pioneering and was learning more about knots and all the lashings for making things in the woods or at camp.

The assistant Scoutmaster was in charge of my patrol. He passed out some poles and stick, to tie together with the different lashings, for us to practice. There was lots of rope, but not enough of the sticks or poles to go around, and you had to wait for someone to finish

Well, I didn't want to miss out, so I got some ropes and sat down and decided to use my own legs like poles. So, I took off my shoes and socks to start with my feet. But my toes were too little for the ropes, so I tied my ankles first.

I crossed them and tied them in the "diagonal lashing" (like an X, and in between). Then I tied my legs with the "shear lashing" in two places (side by side, and in between again). I used long pieces of rope to go around my legs at the calves, and again on my thighs. When I took the rope in between the wraps, I pulled it pretty snug and tied it off with a double square knot.

I figured the 'shear' lashing would work around my arms and body too, cause you could use 3 sticks tied together with it to make stuff at camp, like tri-pods for stools.

continued next. Jon

Jon J.
jonj1993@yahoo.com

-------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, February 8th 2006 - 08:01:58 PM

Scout lesson (cont.)

So I took a long rope and went around my chest and arms 4 times, then went in between my arms and body on each side and tied it off in front with square knots again. I was tied up pretty good with all that, except my hands were still free.

Just then my friend, Connor, came by and thought what I had done looked cool and said I did it right and a good job.

Then he said, "let me do the 'square lashing' on your hands".

Well, that's the hardest one to learn and do, so I said "ok". Even with my arms already tied, I could put my hands out front, but Connor said, "No, put them behind the back."

So, I did, and he crossed my hands and began tying them in the "square lashing".

Connor was really good and knew the lashings already. I could feel the ropes going over and under and in between my wrists while he was tying the square lashing. He did it right too, and I couldn't even twist my hands in any direction when he finished. Like the square lashing is supposed to do. It felt weird, but sorta nice too, to be so helpless and tied up like I was. I knew I couldn't get out by myself, that was for sure.

Some of the other Scouts was watching us and seeing how Connor did it, and so was the assistant Scoutmaster, Steve. He came over and asked if the other kids could look at our knots and lashings. I said, "Sure, I guess so". Really, what else could I say? lol

Steve lifted me up and carried me to the work table we had up front, and sat me down on top of it.

Then he told everyone there, even the other patrols, that if they wanted to see how the lashings were done correctly, they could all come up and check them out on me. He even make a joke about how I wouldn't mind and wasn't going anywhere until somebody untied me.

The guys teased and made fun of how helpless I looked too, but they liked how good the lashings was done, and said I was a cool little dude and a good sport. So, it was ok, I didn't mind their jokes and poking fun.

I was left like that, tied up and on the table, for the whole meeting so they all could copy and see how to do all the knots and lashings. I actually enjoyed the attention, and felt good being tied up and wasn't embarrassed at all.

The best part though was me and Connor have been tying each other up a lot since then, and some of the others are boys I got to play tie up games and "dares" and stuff all last Summer. Still do with some of them.

Jon

Jon J.
jonj1993@yahoo.com