Anita : 01 - Mock Kidnapping/Beauty Contest for Charity (MMM/F)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Anita : 01 - Mock Kidnapping/Beauty Contest for Charity (MMM/F)

Post by Canuck100 »

Anita's stories
01 - Mock Kidnapping/Beauty Contest for Charity
Story index at the bottom

By Anita

Saturday, December 10th 2005 - 03:33:43 AM

Mock Kidnapping/Beauty Contest for Charity

This happened a couple of years ago. I was attending college and also competing in beauty contests. In fact, I won a scholarship by winning a Statewide Miss beauty pageant in my home state and went on to the national finals.

Anyway, our college was putting on a Miss _college beauty contest and everyone who knew me wanted me to enter based on my background. There would be two hitches;

1) It would be a fundraiser for a local children's hospital
2) The winner would agree to be part of a mock kidnapping that would be open to the public.

I had no problem with doing something for charity but didn't understand the mock kidnapping. What was that for?

So I was told that the promoters would charge two admissions, one for the pageant and a second one for the mock kidnapping then there would be a auction of sorts to release the winner, sort of like a slave auction.

Apparently the promoter got the idea from a couple of places. One, one of the other would be contestants had jokingly said that she would hire somebody to kidnap me to keep me out of the competition. And the promoter's daughter had seen a tv show (I believe it was Angel) where the star, very beautiful was part of a slave auction.

A bit unusual but I thought what the heck it is for charity and it was only a mock kidnapping. I could hell the local childrens hospital that needed the money and raise my ego for what I figured would be an easy win.

The day came. This wasn't Miss America but it was a decent competition. First we came out in evening gowns walked across the stage for the judges one by one and walked off.

Then there was the question and answer interview. I smoked this one as I was by far the most experienced.

Then there was the talent competition. I chose playing the piano and came in first in this event as well.

Finally there was the bathing suit and this is my forte if I do say so myself. I am stacked, if you know what I mean.

The judges called out the winners

5th runnerup
4th runnerup
3rd runnerup
2nd runnerup
1st runnerup
1st place Miss _College for 19__ ME!

Okay nor surprise. But to my surprise all of the girls were great sports. Some felt I shouldn't have competed since I was overqualified. Others were happy to see me win because the pageant was open to other local colleges as well.

So the contest over, everybody congratulates me. The local paper takes my picture. The reporter from the college paper takes my picture. Local tv stations cover it and interview me asking me tons of questions and then the promoter comes over and says it time to go on with the program and get into the kidnapping scenario before people start leaving.

This was a part that we didn't rehearse and the promoter didn't even go over the details with me. All he said was that I would play a kidnapped victim and then there would be a auction where I would be sold to the highest bidder.

So as I walked across the stage, Bob the promoter takes my trophy and tiera and places it down and says to be ready for anything, it probably would be a surprise.

About that time two, maybe three guys grab me from behind. One starts tying my hands behind my back while one of the others throws a red bandana over my mouth tightly and ties it behind my head. The other guy binds my feet while somebody throws a hood over my head and two of them carry me off.

The audience is watching all of this and starts clapping. My heart was pumping. Event though this was a mock kidnapping, it all happened so fast that it seemed almost real.

I was taken outside, placed into a vehicle which I couldn't see but was apparently a car. They drove around a circle several times to simulate being taken away and then the car stopped and I was brought back to the college auditorium where the audience waited.

The emcee of the beauty pageant handled this part as well. He shouts out: "How much will you pay for this beautiful woman? Do I hear $10?"

"$10 I thought. I am worth more t han $10 but then this was a charity auction."

Somebody yells

$10!

Then another person yells $15!

Another person says he wouldn't bid until he could see my face. So now the hood comes off and cameras are flashing on me recording this event.

I look out and see a audience of about 1,000 people or more in the auditorium. It looked like most if not all of the audience stayed for this part.

$20 shouted a caller.

$40, $65, $80

The emcee said you guys have to be kidding. $80 for this beautiful woman?

$250!

$500!

$1000!

WOW! I was thinking of having another mock kidnapping and pocketing the money myself.

$2,500!

HOLY SH__ I Thought!

$5,000!

The emcee now said that this was a fundraiser for the Childrens Hospital. What will $5,000 buy?

$10,000!

$12,000!

The emcee wanted to spurr the sellers on and he did.

$12,500!

Now the bidding stopped.

The emcee says:

Is that all? $12,500 for this beauty pageant winner and for the local childrens hospital? C'mon!"

$13,000 and that is final said a man who turned out to be a major businessman in the community.

But he was outdone by another local businessman who pushed the bid up to $13,500.

$14,000 said the first businessman.

$14,500 said the other businessman.

Now I felt like I was watching a tennis match as I watched these two guys who were seated in opposite rows in the auditorium

$15,000!

$17,000!

$20,000!

$25,000!

$30,000!

And the other bidder sat down.

The emcee says $30,000 going once, going twice,

$35,000 yelled another person from the back.

$40,000 retorted the first bidder.

$50,000 was the reply.

$75,000 came back.

$100,000!!!

And the bidding once again stopped. The bidder who yelled out $100,000 also said that he wanted me to do a promotion for his business. The emcee looked at me. I nodded okay. I figured the childrens hospital needed this money and I was tired of being tied and gagged and wanted to get loose.

The promoter says he has to check the businessman and make sure he has the funds. The businessman did. Believe it or not this businessman paid the $100,000 with a credit cards which cleared immediately. The promoter and the treasurer of the college checked and double checked the transaction.

So finally I was untied, the businessman came over and kissed me on the forehead and the entire audience gave me a standing ovation for my support and for being a good sport about the whole thing.

Meanwhile I stood there on stage and the emcee kiddingly says that he needs more money to untie me. I look over and mmmppphhhed. He looked back, smiled and said "Only kidding." At which point I was untied and left after mixing with some of the audience, the promoter and the college officials.

Although I have been in many pageants, this was the first one like this. I'll never forget it. In fact, every time I see or hear about the pageant, I immediately think of this event. Overall, it was fun though and the Childrens Hospital got some necessary funds.

Anita