Sarobah : 03 - The Obligatory Babysitter Story (mf/f)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Sarobah : 03 - The Obligatory Babysitter Story (mf/f)

Post by Canuck100 »

Sarobah's stories
03 - The Obligatory Babysitter Story
Story index at the bottom

By Sarobah

Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:08 pm

It’s not what you think.

I have read quite a few babysitter stories and I don’t get it. It isn’t that I disbelieve them. Heck, some of my own tales are pretty far-out, and I swear they’re all true. It’s just that on the many occasions that I’ve been a babysitter, there was no way I was going to get myself tied up, legal liability being what it is. And when I was being babysat, there was no way I and my brother were going to tie up anyone, except maybe each other. When you’re a little kid, a sixteen-year-old girl with orders to get you in bed by seven thirty and stand for no nonsense is... well... scary.

Nevertheless, the tying-up-the-babysitter motif has entered popular culture; which is where I come in. The occasion for this TUG was my parents’ annual workplace staff picnic. These family-friendly, mass events are a great opportunity for TUGgers of all ages. Just about anything can be turned into a game, and everyone is having too much fun or getting stuffed (with food and drink) to take anything too seriously.

A couple of years earlier, I saw my mother bound for the first and only time. It was one of those dumb games dreamt up for just this sort of event. It was a husband-and-wife contest. The ladies were taped to chairs, the men had to each fetch a big, gooey cake, navigate an obstacle course and feed it to their wives. The catch was that the men were blindfolded and they had to follow the guidance of their womenfolk, who called out directions. Much hilarity ensued. For me however, the joy was seeing my mother strapped helplessly into her seat, wrists taped to the armrests, as her face was smeared with glop and gunk. Since she regarded my peculiar proclivities with a whiff of disapproval, I thought this was poetic justice and afterwards teased her mercilessly.

Anyway, to my story... This day, one of the races was called the Babysitter, and it drew on the popular legend. The contestants were organized into teams each consisting of a teenage girl – the babysitter – and a couple of pre-teens – the brats. It fed the stereotype that all babysitters are teenage girls and all kids are brats, but what the heck? This was my field of dreams. Each of us babysitters had our knees taped together and was blindfolded. (Ever notice how many party and picnic games involve blindfolds? Very kinky, if you ask me.) Furthermore, each of the brats held a rope which ended in a noose – one around the girl’s waist, the other pinioning her arms. The idea was that we had to “run” the race disabled by our blindfolds and hobbled by our taped legs, but also by the brats. They were supposed to be guiding us with their ropes but, being brats, they tended to pull against each other. The race was across a course consisting of inflated rubber obstacles, so there was lots of tripping and tumbling, spills and thrills, with cheers and jeers aplenty.

Needless to say, my team won; though I must confess that I had an unfair advantage, being familiar with hobbles and blindfolds and ropes and stuff. However, this particular yarn is not yet done with.

My brats were the terrible twins, Andrew and Andrea (yeah, so imaginative). They were aged about ten and were the youngest of all those who have had the pleasure of tying me up over the years. When we received our prizes, I was still trussed (sans blindfold), and with the ceremony over, the twins led me to a nearby tree. There we sat for a while, and the kids tried out some bondage techniques of their own. There was nothing that I, a veteran of TUGs, couldn’t have slipped out of in seconds. However, I let them have their way with me. Little Andrea was much the more accomplished, and she approached the job with an earnest enthusiasm that bodes well for some future boyfriend (or girlfriend).

A final word about TUGs. All the while that Andrew and Andrea were tying me up, people would wander by and say things like “How cute.” Nobody thought it was weird or even out of the ordinary. It all depends on time, place and circumstances, I suppose.

Postscript: I was going to leave this out, but in the interests of full disclosure... The organizers of the babysitter race didn’t just pull the idea out of the clear blue sky. Guess who came up with it? No prizes for correct answers. The twins’ post-race initiative was, however, all their own. I am so proud of my little protégés.

Sarobah
Australia