Jennifer : 10 - My New Friend (m/f)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Jennifer : 10 - My New Friend (m/f)

Post by Soraka »

Jennifer's stories
10 - My New Friend
Story index at the bottom

By Jennifer

Hello everyone, I guess it's time that I get back to posting some of the stories from when I was younger. I hope that everyone has enjoyed the ones from when I was older. I need to take a step back to the year when I was nine again and pick up where I left off. I need to reform the time line a little bit. This story takes place on a Saturday in April a few weeks after my shopping experience with my mother over spring break. It isn't the most memorable of my stories, but it gives a good piece of the background that I need to provide. So, without further explanation, here we go.

It was a warm Saturday afternoon in early April the year I was nine. The weather outside was warm and inviting to see. It was probably in the upper 60's or lower 70's though I don't remember the exact temperature at the moment. I was sitting on a plastic resin chair that sat facing outwards on my front porch watching the world go by my front yard. There was a comfortable breeze blowing gently through my hair and the warmth of the sun slipped below the shade of my front porch lightly onto my face. It was a pleasant day to spend playing outside. I was wearing a floral dress that came down to around my ankles and had long sleeves. It had a V-neck collar and a short sash that tied loosely around my waist to snug it up a little. I was also wearing a pair of white socks and a set of mary jane shoes with a single strap and a flat bottom. Finally, there was a lightweight pair of fleece mittens keeping my hands slightly warm against the wind. However, their primary purpose wasn't to keep me warm. All in all, it was a nice day to sit out on my front porch all tied up.

My situation wasn't anything elaborate, but it was a comfortable tie and I was enjoying the feeling of ropes around my wrists and ankles. My mitten hands were crossed and tied both horizontally and vertically where my arms had been tucked and crossed together around the back of the chair. The mittens served as insulation against the ropes and made it more difficult to attempt working the knots that prevent my freedom. My legs were also bound together. They were tied and cinched parrellel at the ankles. The ropes weren't incredibly tight, but they were snug and didn't offer an easy escape, not that I was looking for one. I was sitting alone on the front porch bound hand and foot staring forward out at the passing cars and the rest of the neighbor hood. The chair back and the railing from my front porch kept my ropes hidden from my sight of anyone who would pass by. If I sat still you couldn't tell I was tied unless you got close which no one really had reason to do anyway.

My brother Sean had done the honor of binding me and I had been sitting here for about half an hour or so now without any offer of help in the near future. Still, I was content to sit and just enjoy my perdicament without complaint. My brother Sean was sitting in our living room reading a book. He checked up on me every 15 minutes or so just to make sure that I was okay. My mother was in the kitchen as well and both of them were in earshot if something did happen, but nothing ever did when I was tied up like this. This was one of my favorite spots to be tied up. Unfortunately, I could only do this in the fall or spring, beacuse it would quickly become unfomfortable if the weather was very hot or rather cold. Yes, it was a fun day just to sit and be tied on the front porch without a care in the world. So, I just sat back and looked out at the world as it passed me by.

Our neighborhood was relatively quiet at the moment. Occasionally, a car would drive through, but there really wasn't anything or anyone around. I was out on the porch having the whole world in front of me. I sat and stared out at the large tree in our front yard where there was a squirl bus running up and down it. In my state it didn't seem to notice me as I watched it from my perch. It was making runs back and fourth from the hole it lived within the tree to a bird feeder that my mother had attached to one of the outlying branches on the large oak. The squirl always seemed to get more of the seed from it than the birds did, but my mother continued to fill it anyway. At least something got to eat from her efforts. I moved my gaze from the tree to the road and back to the roof that sat overtop of the porch taking every thing in the best that I could. Then, my attention shifted to something that was coming down the street towards my house on the sidewalk.

There was a young girl coming down the street from a short distance on the opposite side of the road. I watched as she approached the opposite side of the street from where I was sitting with a slow ands steady step. She didn't look much older than I was, though she was a little taller. The girl was dressed in a set of blue jeans and a hooded sweatshirt. She had the hood down and allowed her long black hair to flow out in a small pony tail behind her head as she walked in the spring breeze down the street. I was intrigued by her presence here. She was a little young to be out this far on her own. I knew everyone in the immediate area and I hadn't seen her before now. It was a curious matter that drew my attention forward from the other things that I was currently watching. I kept my eyes fixed on the girl as she continued forward towards her destination. I was taken by surprise that she ended her trip just across the street from where I was sitting and turned to face my house. I squirmed a bit in my chair and straightened up a little trying to catch her next move.

The girl gave a moments pause and turned to face the street changing her gaze toward my house and she seemed to fix it on me. Without a word, she took a step towards the street and paused for a minute to check the traffic. The girl looked left then right and back and fourth a couple of time more before beginning her crossing. The way was certainly clear and she casually crossed the street slowly without any hesitation. It took her a minute or two to complete the short journey across the road where she came to a halt at the end of the side walk leading up towards my house. The girl then paused again taking in a deep breath and looked up at me confirming her decision before she finally spoke. "Are you Jennifer?" The girl asked directing the question toward me without any formal introductions. I took the matter with a great deal of surprise, not because of my situation, but from the unexpected knowledge of my name and residence from a complete stranger. I took a moment and adjusted myself to hide the fact that I was bound before I gathered the courage to offer a response to her question. I sat up straighter and made sure that the front of the porch hid my ankles from sight as I tucked them upwards to allow my dress to better hide the ropes.

I looked down at the girl from my perch and took a moment before I responded. "Who are you? My mother doesn't like me talking to strangers." I replied truthfully. Under the circumstances, I could have really been in trouble here. The girl stopped and looked up at me as if she hadn't expected the question. Then she cleared her throat and gave me the direct response that I sought. "Ohh, sorry I thought your mom would have told you about me already. I met her yesterday when she came by to welcome us to the neighborhood. My name is Shelly, Shelly _______(not going to give her last name) . We just moved into the house that was for sale down the street and your mother came over yesterday to meet us. Your mom and mine talked for a while and she mentioned that she had a daughter about my age and I thought I should come over and meet you myself." I allowed her adequate time to finished her explanation before I reacted at all. Once she finished speaking, She looked up at me waiting for a response. My fear were put a little more at ease with the explanation she provided and I decided to peruse the matter a little further.

I knew the house she was talking about that had been for sale. It had been on the market for a couple of months now and my mom had mentioned that someone had bought it to me. She had also gone over the day before the welcome the new neighbors to the area. However, she hadn't told me anything about them having a little girl. There were other children besides my family's in the neighborhood, but they were all older than me. It would be great to have someone my own age to play with, my closest friend from school live almost 4 blocks away so it wasn't often that I had someone my own age. I lowered my guard a little and decide to reply. "Yeah, I am Jennifer, it's nice to meet you welcome to the neighborhood. My mom forgot to mention that your parents had kids but it's good to meet you anyway." Shelly smiled for a moment before taking my comment as an invitation to advance towards the porch. As she did, I watched her approach without much concern on the matter. She crossed my front lawn and came up the steps to the porch pretty boldly and rounded the corner to where I was sitting in the chair.

"Can I sit down?" She asked eyeing the empty lawn chair next to me. I nodded and told her that was fine with me. Shelly seated herself and took a moment to collect her thoughts before the conversation proceeded forward. "It really is nice to meet you Jennifer, I just moved here from Toledo and I don't have any friends here yet. So, when I heard about you from your mother I just wanted to come over an introduce myself. I asked my mother if I could and she told me I could come over. We used to live in an apartment and this is my first time living in a house and I even get my own room rather than having to share one with my brother. Which, is great how about you what's it like living here?" Shelly asked. I took a few minutes and replied to her questions giving out the same sort of information about my family. I told her about my brothers, Mary and my parents. I got into some things about school and how we went camping all the time and some of the things that I liked to do. We talked for a good 20 minutes or so going back and fourth about our lives filling in the details as we went. I relaxed a little bit about the situation and slumped back a little in my chair. However, Shelly interrupted me with a comment that I wasn't prepared for.

"Sorry to interrupt you, but why are you feet tied together?" Shelly asked. I had forgotten that I was still bound at the moment and I had mistakenly allowed my bound ankles to slip from underneath my dress. Shelly hadn't realized that I had been tied up to this point, but now it was quickly becoming the focus of her attention. She risked a quick look behind the chair and spotted my bound wrists as well. Before I had a chance to answer her, she rephrased the initial question. "Boy, your hands are tied up too. Why are you tied up are you being punished for doing something by your parents?" Shelly asked drawing the only explanation that seemed rational to her under the circumstances. I squirmed a bit in my ropes trying to decide how to respond to the question. There wasn't much chance of hiding it now so, I decide to respond. It was a difficult topic to explain to anyone outside my family but I gave it my best shot.

"No, I am not being punished for anything, my older brother tied me up not my parents. They won't usually do it." Shelly took in my explanation slowly and offered another question. "Why would he tie you up? It sounds like he is being mean. My older brother is mean to me sometimes, but he never tied me up before." I giggled lightly at the question, Sean was hardly ever mean towards me and usually not towards this matter. However, Shelly didn't know how to respond to the laughter I provided as she cringed back in her chair. I decided that I had better come out and explain this in full or I was going to lose any chance of making a new friend from her. "No, Sean isn't being mean to me it's just a game we play with each other. It's kind of fun to be tied up and see if I can escape from it." Shelly looked at me as if I was crazy, I could tell that the whole subject was a foreign idea to her. I took a few moments and began to explain the background of how the games started and shared a few anecdotes about some of my past experiences with her. I explained that I sometimes just like the way being tied up felt and that it was just a game between us and nothing more than that.

Shelly took everything I said in. I finished my explanation and tried to gauge her reaction. Her look told me she still thought I was a little weird, but she had been attentive to my story. Finally, Shelly spoke after a long pause and her face turned from a look of surprise to bear a warm smile. "Well, I never really heard of anything like that. Anyway, I came over to meet you and see if you wanted to come over and play with me this afternoon. I am kind of lonely and I my mother said it was okay if I invited you to come over and play. But, it doesn't look like you can go anywhere at the moment so I guess we'll have to do it some other time." I responded hastily without worrying about being tied up at the moment. "Wait, I would love to go over and play with you. But, I have to ask my mom first, do you think you could untie me? I am having a little trouble escaping from this at the moment." Shelly smiled back at me and began to circle around where I was sitting and looked down at the coils of rope around my hands. They were tied criss cross and secured with a simple square not out of the reach of my fingers.

"I think I can undo this is you want me to. I didn't want to end your game if you were having a really good time." I nodded. "Go ahead and undo it if you can. Don't worry, I would rather play with you anyway, there are not any kids my age around here and it is always nice to make a new friend. Besides, I can play tie up any time." Shelly accepted my explanation and began to work at the knot binding my hands. It took her a few minutes before she managed to work it loose and began uncoiling the mass of ropes binding my hands behind me. After about 10 minutes I was finally free. I took a moment and rubbed some circulation back into my hands before I set to work freeing my feet. I did it quicker than she had on my hands. I was more experienced than she was at this and within 2 minutes I was completely free. "Wait here, I need to go ask my mother if it's okay if I go with you. It shouldn't be a problem, but she likes to know where I am." With that said, I left Shelly standing on the porch and headed into the house to find my mother.

It didn't take long, she was in the kitchen reading a magazine at the table. I approached her and gave her the short version of my story and my request to go with Shelly. She replied that it was fine and told me that she had forgotten to tell me about her trip to the neighbors. My mother asked me to wait a minute so that she could go with me. It turned out that she wanted another chance to talk with Shelly's mother and this was the perfect excuse. After she got ready, the two of us rejoined our young guest on the porch and headed down the street toward Shelly's home. When we arrived her mother greeted us and our parents talked while Shelly gave me the grand tour of the house. We retreated to a basement family room where the two of us spent the afternoon playing together. My mother left an hour or so later to start on dinner but she said that I could hang out a little longer and she would call when dinner was ready. I spent the afternoon at Shelly's home and the two of us had a great time. I was almost sorry when my mother called and put the whole affair to an end. I said good by to my new friend and headed home.

Okay, that concludes this story. Shelly and I became fast friends. We were the same age and went to the same school. It was a good day and I gained a new friend out of it as a whole. I had a good time being all tied up, but I was happier to meet Shelly than spend the whole day tied up on the front porch. Besides, Sean would have come out and let me go in another half hour to an hour anyway. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to play tie up with Shelly that afternoon. We talked about it a little more, but she was still quite reserved on the subject. It would be almost another two months before I finally talked her in to agreeing to the subject. Still, this was a fun story from my past and it give the background of how I met my friend. I am going to be writing in chronological order for a little while, so it will be a few more stories before I get to that one. But, be assured that it is coming down the pipe. I hope everyone enjoyed the story. Comments are appreciated at always. Take care everyone.

Jennifer