Jennifer : 11 - The Bike Trip (m/f)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Jennifer : 11 - The Bike Trip (m/f)

Post by Soraka »

Jennifer's stories
11 - The Bike Trip
Story index at the bottom

By Jennifer

Hello everyone, I thought I would add another story to my growing collection. This story happened a few weeks after I met Shelly. It occurred during the second weekend of May that same spring. However, there are a few things I need to comment on before I get started just so that I can keep all the events straight. The first matter I need to discuss is the one that involves Shelly. After I met her that day and the two of spent the afternoon at her house. She started school the following Monday and it turned out she was in a different class than me at the elementary school. However, we met during lunch and recess and played together. It was nice for her to have a friendly face in a new school and I introduced her to most of my friends. I also spent a few days over at Shelly's house again after school and she came over to hang out with me over the course of the next weekend. I didn't get a chance to introduce her to playing tie up yet. She asked me a few questions about it during one of the afternoons, but it never went anywhere. It wouldn't be until summer that she got tied up for the first time at a gathering we planned to have. I will be sharing that story after this one.

As for the matter of tugs myself, over that period I was probably tied up at least half a dozen times. It would be a rare occasion if a week went by without me getting tied up for at least an hour here or there in my house. However, I don't have the memory or the time to get into all those little stories. Mostly because, they are all the same to begin with, there are only so many times it is interesting to hear about me tied up on the sofa watching cartoons. Also, I don't remember all the details that well, so it wouldn't make a good story. It is mostly the stories that have a connection with something special from my growing up that I remember well enough to tell. Or the ones that my brother and sister remember well enough to give me the details to share. I need to make a second comment, my mother brought me some important news towards the end of April that year, but I don't really have a story to share about it on the normal topic so I am just going to mention it here. She had been putting on a little bit of weight over the course of the previous weeks. Finally, she pulled all of us into the kitchen one morning and sat the 3 of us kids down to give us the news that she was pregnant. She had been for a couple of months already, but she wanted to be absolutely certain and now she was.

It was that morning that she shared the news concerning Amy was due to be born in early to mid October. Although she hadn't picked out name at that point. As you can imagine, I was really happy about the idea of having a younger brother or sister to add to the family. I had been the youngest child for quite a few years now and it would be nice to have another addition. My parents were almost 40 at this point, so Amy was unexpected, but they were happy to have another child non the less. My mother had Mary when she was 19 and just married to my father. I know this has nothing to do with the story I am about to share, but it was an important milestone in our lives and I thought I would share it for the future. Anyway, with all that out of the way I think it is time for me to move onwards to the main story now. So, without further ado, here we go.

It was a warm and pleasant May morning as I sat by the side of the parked van waiting for the go ahead from my older brother and sister. Mary was back in town with college being done for the year. For some reason, it they got done with school almost a month before the rest of us did. She had just come back home a week before the matter began. I sat and stared with my sleepy eyes as my sister continued working on the hitch she was affixing to the back of her bicycle. The three of us had been up since 3:30 that morning because of the long drive out to the location of the outing. We were in an rather rural area of Ohio an hour and a half drive from our house. It had taken the extra time to get everyone up and check all of our gear for the trip and half breakfast not to mention the drive out here. The planned trip was a bike outing that my parents had started from the year they had married. It was a tradition for the two of them to come down here every year sometime in late spring when the weather was warm enough and take a fairly long bike ride across the area. It had begun as a chance for the two of them to get away from the kids together for a weekend once in a while.

Usually, they left the kids with my aunt for the weekend, but as Sean and Mary had gotten older, they had wanted a chance to come along for the ride and my parents had started to bring Mary first and then Sean had begun 2 years earlier. The round trip of the ride was over 20 miles and it would just be too much for the younger ones of us to do on our bikes at the time. So, unfortunately, we usually had to stay home when they went. This year was a little different however, it would be the first time that neither of my parents would be coming on the trip. My father had to work and my mother being almost 3 months pregnant was in no shape for that level of physical activity. Still, Sean had wanted to go and Mary had spoken with my mother about the matter at length. After some long discussion on the matter, my parents finally gave their consent for the trip to move forward without them. The plan was that Mary and Sean were going as they had the previous year, and Scott and I would be staying home with my mother for the weekend.

The normal flow of things was that the people going on this trip would leave before sunrise on the Saturday of the trip and drive down to the park that served at the starting and concluding point for the trip. Then they would camp there over night and come home early afternoon the following Sunday. I overheard the trip's preparations over dinner one night and asked Sean about it with a great deal of curiosity on the matter. What I got was a detailed explanation of a wonderfully scenic trip filled with great fun and a campout to conclude it. I loved camping when I was younger. It was one of my favorite activities as a child, and I told him that I wanted to go along at least to go camping part. I left the dinner table and went out to the garage to get my bicycle out to make sure it would be in good shape. However, my father joined me a few minutes later to inform me that I wouldn't be going with them. He told me about the length of the trip and patiently explained that there was no way that I could ride my bike that far at my age. I insisted that I could, but he made his point clear and explained just how far 20 miles was. When I heard the that it was twice the distance from my house to the school I went to, my heart sunk because I knew he was right.

So, I asked if I could just go along for the camping part of the trip and he told me that was also out of the question. I was much too young to spend the day alone at the campsite while Mary and Sean made the bike circuit. He explained that was the whole point of the trip and that I could go when I was a few years older. I made a fuss over the matter, but it soon became clear to me that I was fighting a loosing battle and I gave up on the matter all together. I had completely abandoned hope of coming, yet here I was waiting to get started. Growing up, I had my share of fights with my siblings, kids always do, but they did come through for me when I really wanted them to. I stared across the way at the trailer that Mary was attaching to the back of her bike. I had told her I wanted to go badly and asked if she would not go biking just so that I could come with them. However, the whole purpose of the trip was the scenic ride and Sean and her weren't willing to skip it just to spend a weekend camping. However, when I got home from school on Friday, Mary told me to pack for the trip and then to get to bed early. When she told me when I would be waking up, I almost didn't want to go. But, none the less here we were almost ready to depart and it would prove to be an interesting day.

"He Jen, you should start gearing up were getting ready to go now." Mary commented as she finished attaching the hitch to the back of her bike. Mary had come up with the idea with a flare of ingenuity that never ceased to amaze me. I rose from where I was seated and look at the large yellow bike trailer that Mary had just finished attaching to the rear of her bike. It was one of those enclosed pull behind types that was usually used by parents to shuttle little kids around the back of their bicycles. It was my mothers and I used to ride in it all the time when I was a few years younger. It still came out of the garage now and again when I was been 7 and 8 for a short trip into town when she didn't want to take the car and wanted to take me with her. But, it’s use had become less and less frequent as I had gotten older. I could ride my own bike with her for a mile or two now and I usually preferred that over being in the back. Mary knew that I had wanted to come and she had come up with the idea of bringing it along to give me a way to make the trip with her and Sean.

The trailer was designed for two smaller children or it could hold an older one up to about 80 pounds or so. I was getting to the point of almost being too big for it, but I was small for my age and I was still well under the weight limit to use it alone. It was nothing more than a fancy stroller on two wheels really. The compartment I would be riding in had a floor and a seat. I also had a yellow nylon roof with a canopy that covered it. The area I would be riding was enclosed by a screen and opened and closed with a zipper much like a miniature tent. It would be a rough ride for my sister with the added weight in tow, but she was willing to shoulder it so that I could be there with them. When she first approached me I thought it wasn't what I had envisioned originally, but I wanted to go and if this was the only way that I could, so be it. Mary had finished attaching the trailer and was in the process of gathering our other belonging for the riding part of the trip.

Sean was standing off to the side of the car checking his own bike and going through the small back pack that he planned to bring with him. I stood up from where I was sitting on the ground and headed over towards the bag I had packed the night before so that I could get ready for the trip. "Sean and Jennifer, I am going to go and check in with the camp site owner and pay him for the site tonight. Be ready to go when I get back." With that statement, Mary departed our current position and headed off towards the main offices, which sat near the edge of the parking lot. While she was gone I started making the final preparations for the trip on my own. It was a comfortably warm morning to be out for this kind of ride and I had dress appropriately. I was wearing a long sleeved light blue tee shirt and a set of pink overalls overtop of it. They were the bib kind that had the double shoulder straps that connected the front to the back like suspenders. I was also wearing a pair of white socks and a set of fisherman style white leather sandals. I still have a picture from this trip in my collection so I am sure about the outfit.

Anyway, I opened the bag and began to take out the safety gear that I had brought along for the trip. Mary had insisted on helmets, but I had brought a little more than that. The bag contained the pads that I usually used for roller skating. With thing planned the way they were, I wasn't going to take any chances on safety this morning. I started gearing up while Sean did the same thing. He was wearing a white t-shirt and a pair of cotton knit shorts. I started with the knee pads, they had the webbing behind them that slid up the leg. Then, they secured in place with a upper and lower strap. They were well constructed and covered the joint with a hard plastic shell. Next, I added the elbow pads, which were like a miniature version of the knee pads for the middle of the arms. Once they were in place, I slid the wrist guards on over my hands and strapped them into place securely. The final set of pads that I added to the mix was a new idea to me, but I had started wearing them when I skated earlier that year. It was a set of shin guards much like the kind that would be used if your playing soccer. They attached to my lower legs with a strap on the top and the bottom. They wouldn't fit well with regular skates, but they fit fine under the toy plastic ones that I wore over my shoes. I liked them because if I fell forward they would take the shock of the fall out of my lower legs.

With my pads on securely, I shifted gears and fished my helmet out of the bag. I had given up on the full face one I wore when I was younger. I had outgrown it a while ago and my mother had me pick out another one at the time mostly because I she wanted me to have one for sledding. It was still a fairly solidly build one with an open face. It covered my ears and had a fairly secure chin strap on it. I will try to find a picture. I slipped the helmet over my head and fastened it securely in place. I gave it a quick tap with my hand and noted its hardness, there now I was ready for anything, and that was exactly what Sean had in mind for me. Sean came around the side of the van and looked down at me as I looked back up at him. It was like looking into a mirror almost. Sean was as padded up as I was other than the shin pads and that his helmet was more of a normal bike helmet than mine. "Well, Jen you look all ready to go. Shall we get you situated?" He offered bowing with his left arm point over at the trailer that was hooked to the back of Mary's trailer.

I followed him over to where the trailer was parked on behind Mary's bike and began to open the zipper that held the door shut. I pulled it open and lifted the flap revealing the inside of the trailer which had been cleaned out and well situated for me. I was about to climb in when Sean suddenly took hold of my left arm and stopped me. I turned to face my older brother and saw his hand that wasn't place on my arm and it's contents. "Not just yet Jen, I think we should get you a little better situated first." He said looking down at the coil of white clothesline that was sitting in his clenched fist. I looked up at him and smiled. Without a word, I turned around and brought my wrists together in an x pattern in the lower center of my back. Sean returned my silence and started at work almost immediately. My older brother made 7 or 8 horizontal turns around my wrist pulling each twist tight. Then he made a couple of vertical loops around my crossed wrists to cinch the tie down securely. Finally, he knotted it off securely on top of the tie out of the reach of my fingers.

I gave the ropes a few good tugs to test their security. They held pretty tight and I doubted that I would be able to free my hands without bringing them to the front or some outside assistance. Sean had done the ropes a little tighter than he normally dared, but the wrist guards prevented them from digging into my skin so it wasn't uncomfortable by any means. "There we go, that should keep you busy for a while." My brother commented. He gave me another moment or two to test the ropes before he began the process of helping me into the trailer. I would have proved difficult with all the gear I was wearing, especially with my hands tied, but Sean more or less just lifted me up and deposited me on the seat. The cab was a little smaller than I remembered it, but I shifted about and got as comfortable as I could under the circumstances. My legs were a little long for the space provided , but it wasn't all that bad. I slid back and fourth a little until I came into my final resting place and Sean set to work securing me further.

The trailer's seat was equipped with a five point harness similar to what you would find in a stroller. Just the normal webbing style seat belts like the straps on the end of back pack or duffle bag that fastened with a fatex belt. They were about an inch a half in thickness and buckled securely with a fatex connecter. The harness was divided into two parts, a set of shoulder straps that connected to a strap between the legs and a normal lap seat belt. Sean buckled me in the best that he could. He had to expand the straps to accommodate me and the fact that my hands were tied behind me. He expanded it all the way and buckled it. Then he snugged it back down quite securely. "There we go Jennifer nice and tight, don't want you to get jostled around too much back there." I was old enough that the harness wasn't a necessity, but given the fact that I was tied up it wasn't a bad idea. And besides, it held me in place very securely making it much more difficult to move around or attempt an escape. I pulled against the straps a little bit, but they were tight and I wasn't going anywhere without help. Sean stepped back and took hold of the zipper getting ready to seal me in for the ride of a life time. However, I still had one request for him before we would depart.

"Sean, hang on. Could you tie my feet together also. After all you don't want me to escape do you?" I said with a quick smile. "No, I guess we don't little sister, what was I thinking." Sean departed his current position and retrieved another two pieces of rope from his pack and retuned to where I was sitting. Sean took hold of my left leg and slowly guided it upwards and followed with my right. He aided me into guiding them into a sitting position where I was sitting cross legged on the seat or indian style for those of you more familiar with that term. He tied my right ankle to my left leg just below the knee and the same with the opposite side. Sean made about five laps around them and cinched the tie off twice before knotting it. "There we go, that should keep you secure for the ride, besides your legs are too long anyway for the normal floor." I gave the ropes a few good tugs and began struggling pretty hard. I wasn't going anywhere like this. I really liked this position because it completely took the use of my legs away from me. Finally, Sean reached into his pocket and pulled out a small plastic mouth guard. The type worn to protect your teeth in the case of an impact and asked me to open my mouth. I complied and he put it in place.

It was just one final added precaution that I usually used when I did anything with skating or biking. It was just a piece of plastic that covered your top teeth to provide a cushion in the case of a fall. Sean reached into his pocket and brought out a second one which he slipped over my lower set of teeth as one final precaution. He wasn't taking any chances with me being tied up like this as far as safety was concerned on the matter. With that, he gave everything a final once over and zipped the door shut sealing me in for what would be one of the most interesting rides of my life. Once he was sure that I was secured, Sean returned to the process of checking his own gear. The two of us waited for Mary to return. I looked around at the park surrounding me and tested the ropes a little bit. There wasn't much else I could do under the circum stances. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait long before Mary returned from paying for the campsite.

My sister looked down at me and then over at my older brother who was sitting on the seat of his bicycle as if nothing was out of the ordinary. "Well, Jen it looks like that should insure than you behave today." Mary commented with a quick giggle as she strapped her own bike helmet on over her head. My brother and sister mounted up and Mary threw back the kick stand on her bike. Another moment later, she pushed downwards on the pedals and we were off for what would turn out to be a really pleasant trip for the three of us. I am going to stop the story here for now. This is getting to be longer than I thought it would, but I am content with the length. I'll continue this one soon.

It turned out to be one of the funnest days I had all year with my brother and sister. I always loved getting into this kind of safety gear when I was younger. It always made me fell like I was a professional athlete or something to that effect. Getting tied up like this was a real treat for me as a kid. I had discussed the idea on the way down with Sean and Mary in the car. Sean said we could give it a try if I wanted and Mary offered a less enthusiastic "We'll see". So, Sean tied me while she was gone so that she wouldn't mount an opposition to the idea. Stay tuned for part two which, will be soon to come.

Jennifer

Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Soraka »

Well, the first part of my story went over pretty well. So, it's time that I move onto part two of the story. Here we go,

Sean lead the way with a short head start as he pushed his foot down on the pedal for the first time. Mary followed matching his pace as best she could a few feet back and on the left. I of course followed in the trailer not so much under my own power. The day was warm and pleasant for the time of year and my two siblings seemed to be having a good time. The two of them pedaled down the first part of the paved trail that ran as far into the distance as I could see. Sean slowed from his initial pace so that Mary could comfortably keep the distance between them even with me in tow behind her. She was at a slight disadvantage to my brother, but she kept up with it well. The two of them talked back and forth as the trip began about the spring greenery and the plans they had made for the summer. I sat in the back of the trailer helpless and just watched as the view passed by. It really was an amazing experience.

For the first few minutes, I fiddled with my ropes trying to see if I could manage to free myself, but the confines of the trailer made it difficult without much room to move around. Also, the straps and pads didn't help my cause either. After a few minutes, it became clear that I was staying tied like I was until either Sean or Mary decided it time to release me from captivity. Their conversation was pretty much geared towards the two of them and it seemed to me like I was just part of the baggage towing behind my sister. I was with them, but their focus was on the path ahead and the landscape. I seemed almost forgotten amongst the best parts of the world around us. I decided to let them be. This was their trip and I had just wanted to come along for the ride anyways. I shifted my attention and looked from side to side outside the windows of trailers’ sides.

The path we followed was a paved bike trail specifically designed for this sort of trip. However, it was a hidden treasure it seemed at least at this early hour of the morning as I didn't see another single person around for the first hour and half of our trip. Both side to the trail were surrounded by nature in every way that it could present it's beauty to the human eye. As I glanced from side to side, I saw the wooded edge where for many of the bushes the first flowers of spring had opened brightly and glowed in the suns light. The trees all around were fresh with new leaves after what finally had proven the last frost of the season. As we whizzed pasted I caught a glance of a dear out in the distance and several birds as they nested quietly in the trees surrounding us. The day was warmly calm with a gentle breeze and a open sky except for a few white fluffy clouds that dotted the horizon on and off. It didn't take long for me to get lost in the gorgeousness of the world around me. I forgot that I was in a bike trailer. I forgot that I was with my siblings. I forgot that I was tied up and all strapped in. It was one of the most amazing views I ever undertook as a child and I was so happy that I had decided to come along on this trip. Then I got a wake up call.

(I should note, that I don't remember the scenery all that vividly, but I have been through the area recently and it is still one of the most gorgeous.) Up to this point in the ride, the path had been pretty straight and level being paved and all, suddenly, we came to the top of a really large hill. It was about 120 feet from the top to the bottom at a fairly steep incline. Mary pedaled forward over the edge without warning and the dissension began without any chance to brace my self. As the trailer followed my sister's bike closely behind I was pushed forward by the downward pull of gravity. It was at this point that I realized the way I was tied had a real problem. I couldn't move my hands or feet into any sort of a position to brace myself against the forward pull. Luckily, I was strapped in pretty good, otherwise I would have flipped over completely and ended up in a tangled mess. As it was I was pushed forwards solidly into the stroller harness as we descended the hill. I stayed that way for a few seconds until we reached the bottom where I was jerked backwards slightly as the path releveled off.

As the tension left the straps, I wriggled backwards a little bit in the seat to where I had been positioned earlier. Mary looked back at me for a moment sensing my movement in the trailer. "Are you okay back there little sister?" She shouted backwards in my general direction. "I am ok, just caught a little off guard, keep going." With that reassurance, Mary turned her attention back to the ride and continued forward. The trip continued onwards for the better part of the morning as my two older siblings rode down the trail making the long loop that composed the trip. The scenery continued to be bright and colorful all around us. The trail was paved for most of the first leg of the trip, but after about an hour my brother and sister made a turn off onto a dirt path leading deeply into the woods. This leg of the ride was a little different, as the tree canopy thinned out the sunlight from above as we made our passage. Also, the path was not nearly as smooth as the paved one we had left earlier and it had more of a hilly terrain that the other one did as well. Sean moved up in front and Mary flowed in behind him in single file to accommodate the narrowing path.

As we turned each corner and went over the dusty road, I got jostled around quite a bit. I knew every time we hit a bump in the road or that the patch changed directions. I would get sloshed around a little bit and the seat belt shift to a new sitting position on my body. It was a new experience to me not being able to use my hands or feet to brace myself. It was an interesting experience to say the least. With my hands tied behind my back, there was nothing to hold onto and my legs were held folded against each other and I couldn't push them against anything else. I was stuck really good without many options on the matter. Still, the harness kept me snuggly in place against the seat and kept me from getting moved around too much. Also, I was glad to be padded up, because they took most of the risk away from any bumping and bouncing around. Still, even under these circumstances, I was having a really awesome time of the whole trip.

After a while I got used to the movements of the trailer along the trail and learned how to anticipate something so that it wouldn't be a big deal. Once again, my focus shifted from the ride onto the beautify scenery around me. The view was absolutely breath taking as the three of us pedaled through the forest towards the second leg of the trip. We had been riding for a little over three hours now and finally, Mary brought her bike to a steady halt behind Sean. She put on the brakes and then halted the two of us without much difficulty. I watched as my sister stepped off the side of her bike and steadied it in place using the kick stand to support it as she dismounted. Mary took her helmet off and hanged it from the handle bars by the chin strap and then she came back to where I was sitting in the trailer. "Having a good time Jen?" My sister asked as she began to unzip the door to the side of the trailer. I nodded and told her that it was a wonderful experience. I was glad that I could come. My sister reached down and popped the connecting strap on the shoulder and crotch belt on the harness I was wearing loose. Then she undid the lap seat belt freeing me from the seat.

"I am surprised that you are comfortable sitting with your legs tied like that for such a long time. Do you want me to untie you we are going to have lunch and it might do you good to get up and walk around a little." I nodded again and replied. "Yeah, that sounds good to me I am getting a little stiff like this anyway." Mary bent down and went to work on the two coils of rope that held my ankles to my legs just below the opposite knee. After a few minutes, my legs were finally free. I could sit cross legged for a long period of time as a kid so being tied like this wasn't that big of a deal for me. When my legs were free Mary helped me out of the trailer and helped me to stand on the ground. My legs were pretty stiff from the experience. I don't know whether the pads or the ropes contributed to it, but it was probably a combination of the two of them. I was a little unsteady on my feet at first, and Mary had to support me. But after a minute or two I regained my footing and was able to stand on my own.

Sean was standing a few feet away unpacking a number of things from his backpack and laying them on the ground. From what I could tell, it was probably our lunch and I was more than hungry at the moment. Mary walked around behind me and started to loosen the knot confining my hands behind my back. I thought to jerk away at first, but then I accepted her offer. It would be easier to eat with the use of my hands and I wanted to get my helmet off for a little while too. I stood patiently as Mary set about freeing my hands from the ropes. One advantage to the pads was that they kept the ropes from digging into my skin at all. A moment latter, I pulled my arms out and stretched them from the long morning of captivity. After a quick yawn, I reached up and unbuckled the chin strap on my helmet and placed it upside down on the seat of the bike trailer. Then, I took out the mouth guard and deposited it inside. With that done, I headed over to where Sean was unpacking lunch from his bag a few feet away.

Mary made a little side trip around the trailer and withdrew a blanket and a few cans of pop from a pocket on the back of it. She brought them over and spread the blanket out of the ground in front of us while Sean finished getting everything else settled. Once the blanket was spread the three of us sat down together without a long wait. My brother handed out each of us a couple of peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches. Surprisingly, they were not smashed up from the time spent in his pack. We also had a large plastic bag of ships that we shared. They however were a little more worn for the wear. Still, they tasted good as the three of us munched on the blanket under the shade of the trees in the area. I still had the rest of my pads on. Sean shed his wrist guard but left the rest of his as well. As the three of us ate, we talked mostly about the trip and what plans lay ahead for the rest of the day. At one point, Sean asked me how I liked riding along all tied up like I was. I responded that it made the ride much more interesting and went over my difficulties in bracing myself along the trail in greater detail.

"You should have let us know Jennifer. I would have stopped and at least untied your feet for the ride down." Mary comment surprised at my complaint about the situation. "I didn't want to interrupt the ride. You two seemed to be having a fun time and I didn't want to interfere. Besides, I was strapped in pretty good and I was really enjoying the ride the way that it was." Mary and Sean looked over at each other and smiled back at me. The look of concern left my sister's face and was replaced by one of relief and a warm smile. Finally, she spoke again. "Well at least your having a good time of it Jennifer. I am glad we brought you along it is nice to have the company." I shared in their sentiments and the three of us finished our meal. We took a little time afterwards to just sit and watch as the world moved around us. I was well rested from just sitting all morning, but I am sure that my siblings needed the break. After about another half hour of resting, the three of us got ready to get back on the road and finish the circuit.

We all made took a moment to use the bathroom in a nearby public set of bathrooms that were set along the trail about 200 feet ahead of where we stopped for lunch. Then we set about getting settled to go forward. The three of us returned to where we had left the bikes alongside the trail. Mary and Sean packed up the blanket and the trash from the lunch we had just consumed in preparation for departure. Meanwhile I headed back over to the trailer where I had left my helmet and the ropes from earlier. I popped my helmet back on and did up the chin strap as Sean and Mary came over to where I was standing. "So Jennifer, are you ready to get going again?" Sean offered. The buckle on my chin strap snapped into place as I looked up at my brother. "Almost, just one more thing to do." I replied as I turned leaving my brother facing my back side. I crossed my wrists behind my back and waited for Sean to apply the ropes. To my surprise and dismay, he responded differently than I expected him to.

"It might be better if you weren't tied up for the rest of the trip Jen. It a lot more rugged through the second leg of the journeys’ and were heading through town after we come out of the forest. So, it might be better for your safety if you aren't tied up." I turned to face my brother and brought my arms back to my front. What followed was a quick argument between Sean and me on the matter. I wanted to be tied up for the rest of the trip and he didn't think it was a good idea. Still, after a few minutes of a heated debate, we came to a reasonable compromise on the matter. As Mary pushed her first foot down on the pedal, I found myself seated strapped into the trailer with my hands lashed together in front of me. Sean tied them together parrellel at the wrists and cinched them off nice and snug in the middle of the tie to tighten it down securely. With me harnessed back in and restrained a little bit we resumed the second half of our ride.

My brother was good to his word on about the trail and it's condition. The patch changed from a level trail to a much steeper set of hills. There was no paved road through here to follow. The whole experience was plagued with a great deal of unevenness in the trail and I soon found myself bouncing around in the back of the trailer once again. I was glad to have my legs free this time as I could brace them against the floor of the trailer to keep myself from bouncing around so much as earlier in the day. I probably would have been black and blue if I couldn't I held onto the side of the trailer with my bound hands for added stability. It was a really bump ride. But, it was one of the funnest that I had ever had. It was like being on an amusement park ride never quite knowing what the next jerk would bring next. Mary and Sean spared no speed along the trail and move at as quick a pace as my carriage would let them. I was strapped in tight and perfectly safe. All of us were having a good time of it.

The view as we passed was just amazing. There were trees and a bushes with flowers and fresh leaves as far as the eye could see as we rode underneath the canopy filtering the sunlight into a soft glimmer. I wished the whole experience would never end. However, nothing that fun lasts forever. Eventually, the path exited the wooded area and dropped back into the heart of the small town near where our campsite was. Mary and Sean moved onto the main roadways without much hesitation on the matter. The traffic was almost nonexistent and we only saw a few cars as we glided down the even road. The path they chose led down several side roads and past a couple of farms in an area that was a little more rural than what I was used to seeing. We glided past a meadow that must have had nearly a hundred cows grazing in it off the side of the road. It was quite a site to me not being from the country to begin with. As the terrain had evened out, I just sat back and relaxed enjoying the view as it slid past us on the sides of the road.

I looked down at my bound hands for a moment and gave the ropes a couple of solid tugs. I had almost forgotten they were tied together during the ride. My mind was spent elsewhere. I examined the ropes carefully. There was nothing special about the way they coiled around my wrists. Sean had secured them from below with a simple knot. I probably could free myself if I wanted to. But, I just left they alone, being tied up was part of the fun for the day and I was having a great time. It wasn't much longer before we made the final turn and pulled back into the parking lot from where we had departed. Sean led the way and Mary followed in tandem behind him. My siblings brought their bikes and my trailer to a halt behind the van. Sean and Mary dismounted their bikes and took a few minutes to rest before attending to me. I was more than content to wait. Sean came over and opened the side of the trailer. "Well, Jennifer it looks like we made the full circle, did you have a good time." I just nodded and gave my brother a wide smile as he worked my harness loose and helped me out of the trailer. He untied my hands and left me standing next to the side of the van.

My brother and sister began to unload the camping gear from the back of the van and placed it in the trailer that I had just climbed out of. The camp site was about a quarter mile from where we had parked. Once they had the first load settled, Mary mounted her bike and Sean and I took up a slow march next to her as she pedaled slowly towards the camp site. After a few minutes we arrived and Sean and Mary began to unload the first round of equipment. Once the unloading was complete, Mary left me and Sean and headed back to the van for what would be the second trip of roughly six to move all the gear down with the trailer. The two of us she our pads and helmets and began the work of setting up camp for the night. It had been a long day and I was better rested than Sean was. But, he still put forth a good effort and before long we were set up and ready to go.

The three of us had a fun time camping for the rest of the evening and until the next morning when we broke camp and went back home. It was an awesome trip for the three of us and I was grateful for the chance to go. Two years later I rejoined them for another run at it, this time with my own bike. Unfortunately, I didn't get tied up for the rest of the weekend, but it added some fun to the whole experience. I hope that everyone has enjoyed this little anecdote. I will have the next story posted over the next two weeks or so. Until then, take care.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic