Viking : To become a Rover (and Rodney's revenge) (MM/MMfff)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Soraka
Archiver
Archiver

Viking : To become a Rover (and Rodney's revenge) (MM/MMfff)

Post by Soraka »

by viking » Fri May 30, 2014 9:59 pm
before you read this story i just want to say that the actual TUG is not really that special, but i still think it’s a fun story so i decided to share it anyway.
so here it goes.

to become a Rover (and Rodney's revenge)

it was a cloudy day in June when i stepped out of my car that i had parked next to the brown house in the middle of the woods. last time i was here i announced the patrol Rainbow Butterflies for the winners that would be attending the Norwegian scouting championship. usually this house was used for parties and similar events as it had a stage indoor and the possibilities for serving food and beverages. but it was cheap to rent and sometimes the scouts would use it for various occasions.
i was wearing cargopants and a t-shirt that said with huge letters «DOWNLOAD FESTIVAL» and a picture of the mascot playing an electric guitar while standing on a lot of skulls, the back of the t-shirt had the entire setlist and i was in a really good mood.
i had recently shaved so i didn’t have the full beard any longer, still had the goatee and sideburns but that’s about it. my hair was now in the awkward length that it started to get fluffy and sticking into my eyes, but still too short to do anything about it.

Rodney came out as well from the passenger side of my car and pulled out the backpacks from the trunk. he was wearing cargo pants as well, a black jacket and a baseball cap. and man was he excited as he had bragged about his huge plan for revenge toward Eire and Tanja after they painted his face, and today was the day.
O-B had been sitting in the back of my car and didn’t seem to be prepared for anything. he was wearing gray nike pants, a black bubble jacket and instead of a proper backpack he traveled with a filthy bag that appeared to have seen better days.

Tanja’s mom had given some of the scouts a ride while Eire’s dad had taken the rest of them in his station-wagon. this would be a special trip as we would give them several tasks to prove themselves worthy for being official Rovers. in order to do so you have to be on the rover team for a certain time and show up to most of the meetings as well as you have to complete the tasks that the other rovers have given you during a certain trip… which was now!

«so when are you done tomorrow?» Eire’s father asked me.
«about 2pm i guess»
«alright then, see yah tomorrow» he said as he waved good bye and got back in the car. Tanja’s mom got into her car as well and disappeared sooner than you can say scout trip.
i knew these woods to well, i had been here on several scout trips since i was 10. up on the hill our scout master Karen had her vacation house next to an old farm where we did a lot of wood chopping. usually we had our scout trips there, but today we would head deeper into the woods.
«alright guys, let’s get going» i said as we started to walk on the path going between the trees.
after some walking we reached a lake and i had decided to find a spot to camp near the creek that went into the lake.
not to far away from the lake we could also see the fjords, a beautiful view if you see it on a sunny day. now the sky was mostly gray and i could feel the moisture in the air, i expected it to start raining soon.

«alright, we camp by this creek. we are going to build shelter only by using our knifes, a little piece of rope and the things we find in nature» i said as i dumped my backpack and pulled out my black raincoat before it was to late «but first, you will do your first task to become official rovers».
i pulled out a handful of short ropes and held up.
«for the next hour all 5 of you will be tied together, this is a test of teamwork that should be a lot of fun».
i started with Tanja and Tom, Tanja was sceptic considering her knee that never seemed to get better. having her foot tied to another persons foot and walk around might be a problem which is why i started with her, then i could be sure that her damaged foot was free.
«don’t worry, you’ll be just fine» i said as i tied her ankle to Tom’s ankle, the rope went around their feet twice before i cinched it and finished with a reef knot.
«Caitlin, you are next» i said and held up another piece of rope. this one was a little tricky, i couldn’t tie the rope around their ankles this time because Caitlin was wearing rubber boots. so i had to go higher and tie it around the knees instead. meanwhile i had handed a rope to Rodney so he could tie Caitlin’s other foot toward Tony’s foot. Rodney did the same as me and tied the rope around their knees and finished with a reef knot.
finally i tied Eire’s foot to Tony’s free foot the same way as we had done with everyone else.
for those who are interested, all of them was wearing rain clothes.

i have to admit, it was fun to see all 5 of them tied together like that, even though this was the least complicated way i have ever tied up anyone. just tying their feet together is not much but still it was a fun TUG.
«so we are all stuck, now what?» Tom asked us.
«how about if you try to get on the top of that hill? when you come back we can untie you again» i said.
«yeah, and when that is done i have something planned for you two» Rodney said and pointed at Eire and Tanja. he was of course talking about his plans for revenge.
«oh my god, help» Tanja said as they started moving.
«this could be interesting» Rodney said as we sat down and opened a bottle of soda each.
«i’ll give them 1 hour» i said.
O-B was busy getting his fishing rod ready and went to the lake that was right next to us.
«so… what’s your plans for revenge?» i was curious.
«oh i got big plans, just wait and see» he said and added an evil laughter.
he didn't share much of of his plan so instead i started bragging about my trip to England
«holy s*** dude, you should have been at Download as well. i had the best f***ing time of my life»
«yeah i know, you haven’t talked about anything else the entire week» he said.
«hey by the way, how was Dragonforce?» O-B asked me while he threw out the fishing hook into the water.
«they… were… AWESOME!» i said «i was on the front of the stage, like seriously dude, ihadf***ingeyecontactwiththeentireband andafterwardsEuropecameonstageandtheyplayedseveraloftheirclassicsincluding…» i was really hyper at the moment, i told them about the entire festival non stop all the way from when i got there until the last concert, and i told everything in details.
i kept talking and talking and talking and i swear Rodney seemed like he wanted to kill me when i talked about how i was in the front of the stage when Volbeat played. he covered his ears and started singing «LALALALALA, i don’t want to hear this, LALALALALA».
«you know… Volbeat is going to play in Oslo later this year, and there are still tickets available. if you want to we can travel down there and see them, if we sleep over at my brothers place we don’t have to pay for a hotel or anything».
«i know… but i have to make certain priorities» he answered with an angry voice.

we looked up the hill to see how it went with the gang. they seemed a little tied up at the moment, but they had gotten halfway.
«let’s see… they have been climbing that hill now for twenty minutes…» i said looking at my clock.
«how’s it going up there?!» Rodney shouted.
«we’re fine» we heard Eire and Caitlin shout in choir to us.
«Tanja, how’s your knee?!» i shouted.
«no problem yet» she shouted back. i gave my thumb up and kept talking with Rodney.
«seriously though, it can’t be that hard to manage. i mean it’s only for a weekend, we take the plane to Oslo the friday before, the concert is on a saturday and we’ll head home on sunday».
«i know, but my parents are so sceptic about me going anywhere at all, they are worried about my epilepsy and all that».
«you are almost 20 years old… isn’t it about time that you made your own decisions?»

the conversation kept going for a long time until we heard someone shout at us. we looked up on the hill and the gang had finally made it on top, they waved their arms to us and shouted «we did it!»
i looked at the clock «40 minutes… alright, you can come back down»
looking at them climbing down with their feet tied together was interesting as well.
«i’m just hoping that none of them trips, it would be funny as hell to watch all of them roll down like a ball of course but bringing them to the hospital afterwards won’t be as much fun» i said jokingly.
«you and your imagination» O-B said as he finally caught a fish.
the 5 scouts managed to find a way down after a while and they started to untie their feet from each other.
«now, i got something very special for you girls» Rodney said with an evil grin.
«oh no… he is going to make his revenge for when we painted his face earlier» Tanja said.
«don’t be cruel» Eire said scared.
«oh, i got big plans for you two» Rodney said as he pulled out from his backpack some razors and a can of barber-gel.
«what are those for?» Tanja said, she started to seem really scared as well now.
«my revenge… since you painted my face… you will have to…» Rodney said with an angry voice and paused for a little, then started speaking again «shave my facial hair».

everyone stayed quiet for a little, the only sound was from the creek and a seagull that shouted «KHWA-KAH» a little further away… finally Eire broke the awkward silence and said «we have to do what?»
«you will have to shave my beard off».
Tanja looked at him as if he was some kind of alien or something as she said «that’s all? i expected that you would do something toward our hair or something».
«yeah… me too…» Eire followed up with.
«that is your idea for a revenge?» i said very disappointed «after the story you told me about how you emptied a bucket of snails in your fathers bed as a revenge for when he had superglue in your hair-wax i expected something bigger than this».
«what do you mean? they will find it very disgusting as they aren’t used to shave» he responded.
i just face palmed, meanwhile Eire said «uh, hello… we are girls… like, we shave our legs and stuff».
«crap… i didn’t think about that» Rodney responded.
«you suck» i said to him.

i stared at him and felt the shame as the girls was forced to shave Rodney’s facial hair off by the creek. seriously, that is the lamest revenge i ever witnessed considering what they did to him.
the remaining of the weekend went rather straight forward. they all completed the tasks we gave them and got the rover scarfs. but there weren’t any other TUGs that weekend.

i will take a short break from posting stories in the true story section for now, but i will be back and share the rest of my scout stories soon. the next one will be about a scout camp i attended in august last year.
so stay tuned.