Tom Ford : 27 - The Treasure Hunt (m+/m+)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Tom Ford : 27 - The Treasure Hunt (m+/m+)

Post by Canuck100 »

Tom Ford's stories
27 - The Treasure Hunt
Story index at the bottom

By Tom Ford

Monday, August 5th 2002 - 01:40:40 AM

Summer - 1966
The Treasure Hunt

We played on the first Tuesday morning of our first week in Vermont a game by which Andrew and David introduced our friends Robert and Jerry to our group without us knowing about it in order to win a game. And they managed to pull it off without a hitch, thus ensuring another win for them.

It was about 2 o'clock when we were ready to go to the mountain. As I said, it was only within walking distance from the house. Before we went, we prepared our supplies. Our supplies, consist of coils of rope, some water guns, duct tape, a compass, binoculars, telescope, lengths of string, torn strips of cloth, a pocket knife and scissors, handkerchiefs, bandanas, spare socks and other miscellaneous supplies. I packed three five-foot-piece of white cotton rope, three handkerchiefs, a bandana, scissors and a rolled sock into my wide pockets. I packed the rest into my backpack. The others did the same. All of us except Andrew and Frank were wearing T-shirts, shorts and socks and shoes. My brother wore gray slacks (for some reason, he does not want to wear shorts, except when swimming) and dark blue sweatshirt. He also wore shoes and socks. Frank wore jeans and a long-sleeved shirt. It's summer, warm enough for swimming and other activities but not too hot. In fact, it's cool enough, especially in the shady woods in the mountain, to wear the clothes I mentioned above. That's the beauty of spending summer at great-grandfather's place. The weather is perfect.
We had a meeting at the house before we left to determine what we would do. All seven of us boys will go to the mountain, while we decided not to invite Angela or any girl for that matter or any of our younger brothers. They will just get in the way. Andrew then took a quarter from his pocket.

"First, we will divide ourselves into two groups. One will have three members, the other will have four." Andrew explained.

"What's on your mind?" Robert asked.

"You'll see!" my brother replied.

"Now, let's flip the coin so we can determine who are teammates are."

The results of the coin flip are as follows.

Andrew - tails
Donald - heads
Jerry - heads
Tom - tails
Robert - tails
David - heads
Frank - heads

Therefore, Andrew, Robert and I are part of one team, and Donald, David, Jerry and Frank are part of the opposing team. But we still do not know what the game is. We soon find out.

"Now, what we are going to play is treasure hunt. You remember the chest with my marbles in it? That is the treasure. We are going to hide the chest somewhere in the mountains, and your job is to find it." Andrew explained, pointing to Frank, Donald, Jerry and David. He then took a piece of paper from his pocket.

"Now, I have here a map of this house. There are two x marks I have marked in red. The first one is a duplicate key to the chest; the second one is the treasure map, which will tell you where I have hidden the treasure. Now, we will be guarding the mountain, so watch out. You can capture us or we can capture you either by overpowering the ones you intend to capture, by hitting with water from the water gun, or when the one you want to capture will surrender. You win when you find the treasure, opened it up and capture at least one of us, while we win when we capture all of you. Now, we will go first to the mountain to prepare, so you've got to wait 30 minutes before you come in and follow us, even if you already found the key and the map. Is that clear?" Andrew explained then asked.

All of us nodded.

"Now, when you capture a prisoner, you can torture him any way you like. Remember, there are no rules in torture so you can pretty much do what you want. Just no physical injuries, and no punching, okay?" Andrew continued.

We again nodded.

"Anybody want to back out?" my brother asked.

Nobody did.

So we began our game. We each took backpacks filled with supplies I already mentioned, and started the trek to our playground. It took as about twenty minutes to reach the base of the mountain, and we began our ascent. We at first followed the paved road, but we then followed a footpath that is just wide enough for one man to pass through. We then climbed a cliff, with the help of the ropes and the fact that it is not that steep. We then passed through a long winding path, which on both sides is lined by bushes, thorns, and other plants you would not want to touch your skin. At other times, the path becomes so steep it would seem it is a cliff, not a path. And in other cases, the soil in the cliff we climbed is so loose that you would not avoid slipping but protruding roots of trees helped us. And if you're not really careful, you could fall down the cliff at times. Yet it did not bother us a bit. We already trekked this path scores of times last summer, and the tall trees provided us with shade that protected us from the sun, and the cool breeze from the lake further makes it a pleasant experience. We were careful kids, who know exactly where to step in and where not to go to, what stunt to do and what not to do. We already had explored every inch of the mountain during the last summer, so everything is just familiar to us. And it was fun, especially today. And our games added an extra element to our exploring.

We finally reached our destination after thirty minutes of mountain climbing. My hands were dirty with soil, and my legs also dirty. Andrew's slacks were covered with dust; I guess that's one advantage of wearing it instead of shorts. We were on a plain at the edge of the mountain. From the edge of the plain, one can see the lake, the house, and the farm. It has also almost level ground all around, although not totally level. One could say that there are many inclined places, but generally flat, with many foxholes, tall bushes, trees, and mounds. There are also five sheds on the plain. Each of the sheds has a chair, a table and a water tap, making it possible to refill the water guns and the sheds are also a great, though obvious, place to keep prisoners. We called the entire place "The Plateau". The plain is generally a small plateau on the side of the mountain. And it is an ideal playground. It is flat enough for us to carelessly run around, it has water, it is large, it has enough hiding places, it is walking distance from the house, it has sheds, and it has several trails leading to it. The one we took is just one of the trails, and we don't know which ones the treasure hunters will take. Andrew then took the "treasure" chest full of marbles and hid it on a hole beside a rotten tree trunk in the middle of the plateau. He then covered it with leaves.

It was now three p.m. By our reckoning, the treasure hunters should already be at the foot of the mountain and climbing toward the plateau. As I said, there are several pathways to it, and since we are only three, we cannot guard all of it. So we decided to guard the path they are more likely to take. I watched the pathway at one end of plateau, while Andrew watched the next nearest pathway. We were within sight of each other. Robert is in the opposite side of the plateau, guarding another pathway there. The plan is, when one of us spots them, we would warn each other and then jointly attacked them. So there I was, hiding behind the bushes, awaiting their arrival. I waited long. Finally, at around three-thirty p.m., I saw them coming up the path I was watching. I was nervous. I clutched my water gun, and readied to quietly alert my brother. But when I was about to crawl out to go to Andrew, I stepped on a twig and broke it, and the resulting crack alerted the four. Realizing they discovered my presence, I jumped out of the bushes, and aimlessly fired my gun. They were too far to hit however, and I wasted valuable time I might have used instead to escape and warn the others. Soon, I emptied my water gun, and they charged. I began to run and shouted warnings. Before I had taken a few steps, however, I was hit in the back by water, and according to the rules, I had to surrender.

"Looks like we caught ourselves a pirate!" David remarked with a sinister grin.

"Yea! Good thing he had the sense to fire while we were still out of range!!" Frank added, then all of them laughed.

"Hey Thomas, what's wrong… Uh oh!" my brother apparently heard my shouts and came to investigate. He then saw Frank, David, Jerry and Donald guarding me.

"Uh oh's right. Now prepare to be captured!" Jerry shouted to Andrew. He and Frank then boldly charged at my brother, who fired, but he fired too quickly, for they are still out of range, and when they are in range, he missed. He soon was out of ammo. He then turned around and ran. Jerry and Frank, who had held their fire while slowly advancing, ran after him.

"You can run, but you can't hide!" I heard Jerry say as they pursued my brother. Both he and Frank soon disappeared into the forest. David then pulled my arms behind my back, and Donald took a rope, and starting wrapping it around my crossed wrists.

"Now what?" I asked the obvious.

"You know. Where's the treasure chest?" David asked.

"Use the treasure map! Why I should make it easier for you?!" I defiantly said.

"Defiant, aren't we?" David remarked with an evil grin. "We'll see how strong you are when we begin the torture!" Both of them then laughed. In the meantime, Donald cinched the rope on my wrists, then knotted it off making sure the knots were beyond were beyond my flexing fingers. I tested the ropes, and they were snug.

"You wouldn't get anything out fmmmmpphhhhh!" Donald took a rolled sock from his pocket, gave it to David, who inserted it in my mouth while I was talking. Now that was dumb. How could you extract any information from your captive if he was gagged and thus unable to talk? Anyway, David took a long piece of torn cloth, folded it, and tied it over my mouth, cleave-gagging me. He then took scarf from his backpack and tied it over my mouth and the cleave gag.

"Now, where's the nearest shed from here? We need an appropriate place to do the torture!" David asked Donald.

"I think it's over there." Donald said while pointing his finger to his right.

"Then let's go!" David replied.

"Do you think Jerry and Frank knows the place?" Donald asked.

"They'll figure it out!" David responded.

With that, they walked me until we reached one of the sheds. Donald opened the door, and they led me in. They made me sit on the floor leaning to a post in the middle of the shed, untied my hands, and then retied it behind the post. Donald then took a long rope and wound it around my body, around my chest and working his way down to my waist, where he knotted it at front, pinning me to the post. David took shorter pieces of rope and used it to tie my knees and ankles. He then removed my shoes and socks.

"Now, where is the treasure chest?!" David demanded.

I just mmmmpphhhh. Hey, even if I want to talk, I was gagged, remember?

"How rude of us. Would you remove the gag, Donald?" David asked his fellow treasure hunter. Donald then removed my gag.

"Now, where is it?" David interrogated.

"I thought you knew. You're the one who has the map, not me!" I defiantly replied.

Donald took a piece of paper from his pocket. He then showed it to me.

"This is where we are now, and this is where the supposed treasure is!" my cousin complained. I can see why. My brother's map, where the x mark for treasure is, is too broad. The X mark covers nearly half the plateau. In fact, the map only leads to the plateau. So they have to find the chest on a broad area as our playground. And there are many hiding places, as I already told you, on the plateau. So finding it would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

"So?" I said.

"Where is the treasure?" my cousin repeated.

"Find it yourself!" I answered.

"Do you know where it is?" my cousin asked.

"NO! I do not know where the treasure is!" I lied.

"Liar!!" David shouted.

"You won't get it from me!!" I angrily replied.

"We'll see. We'll see!" David replied with a sinister voice.

"Are you talking, or are you not!" my cousin interrogated.

"I'm not talking!!" I defiantly answered back.

"Are you going to tell us where it is or do we have to force it out of you?" Donald said.

"I'm so scared!" I sarcastically shot back.

"Talk, or else!" David threatened.

"Or else what!" I answered.

"Or else this!" David shouted. He then tickled my feet. I laughed and laughed. Remember, I was extremely ticklish at all places. I laughed my head off. I laughed and laughed. I could not control it. I just jerked, struggled, tried in vain to avoid the fingers doing the tickling. Suddenly, when things could not possibly get worst, it did. Donald joined in the tickling. Soon, there was simultaneous tickling on my feet, my stomach, my ribs, sides and armpits. I was too much. I was near breaking point.

"Are you going to talk?" David again asked.

"Ha, ha, ha, fat chance, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, okay, okay, I'm ha, ha, ha, ha going, ha, ha, talk, just, ha, ha, stop, ha, ha, ha, stop, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha the tickling!!!" I frantically replied.

They stopped.

"Now, are you going to talk?" my cousin Donald asked.

"Yes!"

"Then talk!" David demanded.

"Okay! (gasp) Here goes. (gasp) Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth upon this continent ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, hey I was talking, ha, ha, ha, wasn't I?, ha!" They resumed their tickling when they heard me talk.

"Be serious! You know what were asking for! No speeches this time." David said. Then they stooped their tickling.

"Okay guys, (gasp) no more speeches.(gasp) I'll just talk. My name is Thomas Ford, I'm a pirate who guards the treasure, I am 9 years old. My serial number is 01364681439 (number made up), I have 4 brothers and 1 sister, have 4 cousins and ha, ha, ha, ha!" They resumed their tickling after hearing my answer (or non-answer).

"Do that once more and you'll die of tickling!!" David threatened. He could actually do that, for you can do any kind of torture you want, just no tickling.

Fortunately, before they could resume their interrogation, Jerry arrived - alone.

"Where's Frank?" David asked.

"Captured!" Jerry replied.

"What! How could that be?" Donald asked.

"Well, if you remembered, Frank and I chased Andrew into the woods. Well, Frank ran well ahead of me and nearly caught up with Andrew. However, we wasted our ammo, firing the water gun as we run, and hitting no one. He soon stopped, got another gun from his pocket, and fired. It hit Frank in the face, and was his prisoner as a result. I however, was far behind, and since my gun was empty, and has no spare, I just turned around and run. And Andrew, burdened with a prisoner, didn't bother to give chase. I figured you went to this shed, so here I am." Jerry narrated. He then refilled his gun at the tap, got his extra guns and refilled it to, and tucked it into his pockets. He put all his rope and handkerchiefs in his backpack.

"Damn it!" David cursed, shaking his fist in the air. "I knew this would happen."

"That Frank! He's too careless!" Donald exclaimed. "Now what?!"

"How about worming out from Tom where the treasure is?" Jerry suggested. "When we get the treasure, we win no matter how many of us are captured!"

I'm smiling when I heard the turn of events. I might have laughed and gloated but kept my mouth shut instead. I don't want to be gagged again.

"Are you going to tell us where the treasure is or do we have to..." David threatened.

"Okay! I'll tell you!" I answered before David finished his threat. "It is in the north edge of the plateau, under some rotten trees. You can easily find it there, it's in plain sight!" I lied. Remember, the treasure was hidden in the middle of the plateau, not in any edge. Donald showed me the map.
"It is here?" my cousin asked, pointing to a place in the north side. I said no, and he changed the place, finally, I said yes after several tries. I didn't matter. They'll going on a wild goose chase.

"Okay, we'll go out and find it. But if it isn't anywhere near where you told us it is, you better watch out!" David said. "Donald, you guard to make sure he doesn't make any funny moves. Just keep you water gun full in case Andrew and Robert attacked."

"Aye, aye, captain!" Donald cheerfully replied. He then took the sock I was gagged with before, and forced it in my mouth. He then cleaved-gagged me with a bandana, then covered it with a scarf, all tightly knotted, kinda like before. I just mmmmppphhhhh, groaned and squirmed.

David and Jerry left, leaving me alone with Donald. I was hoping for relief from tickling from Donald, but I was disappointed. He started tickling me in the feet and stomach, and I just absolutely went berserk. He tickled and tickled. Finally, after 2 minutes, he stopped and went outside. Then I noticed he forgot to take his 2 water guns with him. They were foolishly left at the table. I waited for a few minutes, then it happened.

"Got you, you nosy treasure hunter!" I heard Robert's voice shout.

A few moments later, Donald entered the house with his hands behind his back and with a thick cloth tied tightly over his mouth for a gag. His shirt is wet at the front, indicating where he had been hit.

"Hi, Tom!" Andrew greeted. "Now why did you let yourself be captured?"

I just mmmpphhh. Andrew then removed my gag while Robert guarded Donald.

"What kept you so long?" I exclaimed after being ungagged.

"Well, I have to find Robert, then we had to hide Frank in one of the sheds, then we had to find where they kept you, then we had to wait until some of those treasure hunters leave!" my brother replied with candor.

"Do you know where they went?" Robert asked.

"Yep! But where is the shed where you hid Frank!" I anxiously asked.

"In the south edge of the plateau!" Robert replied. "Why?"

"Whew! I told them the treasure was in the northern edge, and if you kept Frank in one of the sheds of that part of the plateau, they undoubtedly would discover and free him and we would have to catch all of them once more!" I said with relief.

"What happened?" Robert asked. I narrated to them the interrogation they did, and how I fooled them. Both of them congratulated me, then untied me. We then tied Donald to the post the way they tied me. I then put on my socks and shoes.

We then decided to catch them. We filled our water guns using the tap, and we formulated a plan of action. We would rush to the north side to try to head them off before they arrived. Then, when they arrived, Andrew and Robert would fight them head on, while I would hide in the bushes, sneak up behind them, then strike before they had any time to react. Then Robert and Andrew would join me and secure the two prisoners. Or, if they arrived there first, Andrew and Robert would attack head on, while I would sneak in and attack either their rear or on their right flank.

Basically, the plan is the same as if we arrived first.

We packed all our needed supplies for the upcoming battle. We packed rope, handkerchiefs and extra water guns. (We had all the water guns of Frank and Donald, plus they forgot to take my guns as well, so we had more guns and ammo than they have. And we outnumber them 3 to 2, now that Donald and Frank is out of the picture.) So we began our movements. We ran toward our destination, determined to arrive before them. And we did. We took up our positions and waited for them to arrive.

The plan was pulled off without a hitch - except for some episodes near the end. I hid behind some bushes when they arrived a few minutes later. Andrew and Robert quickly confronted them. David and Jerry were clearly surprised, and a battle resulted. Each side hid behind some bushes and trees and fired at each other, they were close enough, but the fight there ended in stalemate. Our superiority in guns and ammo were nullified when I realized that the treasure hunters had brought extra guns all filled with ammo. Each side was paralyzed to their position, for each of them is a good shot at water guns, and any venture outside the protection of the trees and bushes would immediately get them hit. They shouted each other and urged the other side to surrender, but each side was stubborn.

At least Andrew and Robert had reason to be stubborn. They knew something that David and Jerry did not know - myself. To David and Jerry, I was still at the other shed bound and gagged to the post guarded by Donald. They hadn't the faintest idea that I was free and Donald caught. So I began my flanking movement. To ensure that I wouldn't be heard, I wrapped my shoes with torn cloth, then silently approached them first from the right then from the rear. Finally, when I was satisfied I was close enough; I dashed from my bushes and fired at the confused David and Jerry. This time, my aim was better. I was able to hit David in the chest. Jerry, however, recovered from the initial shock of my sudden appearance from their rear and was able to dodge the water. He then fired as I was six feet away from him, and hit me in the forehead. I immediately dropped my gun and raised my hands, for when I was hit, that was it. I was a prisoner.

But my sacrifice had not been in vain. My charge had distracted their attention from Andrew and Robert, and within a few moments after my capitulation, Andrew sneaked forward and shot Jerry at the back of the head. The frustrated and wet Jerry turned away from me and saw Andrew and Robert pointing their guns at him from a very, very close range - a poor shot could have hit Jerry point-blank. Jerry then threw away his gun and raised his hands in surrender.

With that, we practically won the game, though technically, we still had not won because of the possibility of escape of Donald or Frank. But without a doubt, we had won. Andrew then took a three-foot piece of white cotton rope, and wrapped David's wrists with it. It was quite a sight, for not since our first cops and robbers game did Andrew tie up his best friend. Andrew soon cinched it and knotted it off. Robert and I took care of Jerry. I took a short piece of rope while Robert pulled his little brother's arms behind him and crossed his wrists. I then tied it vertically then horizontally a couple of times before cinching it and knotting it off, placing of course, beyond the reach of his fingers.

"How'd you get free?" Jerry asked me.

"Donald didn't guard me well enough!!" I answered.

"What happened to Donald?" David asked.

"Oh, let's just say your treasure hunter friend is all tied up." Andrew replied.

"Damn!" David cursed. "I was hoping he'd still be free, so you wouldn't all be gloating!"

"Shut up, you two!" Robert shouted.

"You haven't won yet! Frank and Donald might have escaped, and if they do ymmmppphhhh!" I was irritated by all their yapping and their refusal to admit defeat, so I took a white handkerchief and inserted it to Jerry's mouth while he was talking. I then cleaved gagged him with a bandana and tied a scarf around his mouth and head. Andrew did the same thing to David, except he used duct tape to hold the sock he shoved in David's mouth.
Having secured the prisoners, we proceeded to the shed where they kept Frank. When we saw Frank, he was tied securely to the chair, hands behind the backrests, gagged with duct tape and mouth stuffed. He is still wearing his shoes, though each of his ankles are tied to a chair leg. Miles of rope further pin his body to the backrest of the chair. Frank looked and saw his bound fellow treasure hunters, and both he and David and Jerry lost some hope. We then untied him from the chair but kept his wrists tied and mouth gagged, and marched them to the shed where Donald was trussed up. We walked with each of us carrying a prisoner - Andrew holding David, Robert holding Jerry and I holding Frank. We arrived, and saw that Donald was pretty much the same as we left him - he was still pinned to the post.

We then proceeded to secure the other three. We hog-tied Frank, we tied David to the chair, and we tied Jerry to the post opposite Donald, but standing up. all of them were mmmppphhhhing, groaning. We just laughed at them and even tickled them. We tickled them non-stop for about 2 minutes. Finally, when we finished, they continued to mmmppphhh and squirm.

"What is it, the treasure?" Andrew remarked. Then they began nodding and mmmppphhhh which sounded like yes.

"So you want the treasure, do you, then wait for us, for we will get. Guard them, Robert." my brother replied.

Robert agreed. After all, he can tickle our prisoners all he like while we were gone. So we left and went to get the treasure, we had virtually been forgotten. We deliberately took our time, and it took us nearly one hour until we got back with the treasure chest filled with marbles. When we got back, all of them are red, having been subjected to Robert's tickle torture, in fact, Frank and David have tears in their eyes, while Donald and Jerry barely held them back. Andrew then bent over and took from Donald's pocket the treasure map.

"Who has the key?" my brother asked. "if you have it just nod." Nobody nodded.

"Okay, perhaps a little torture would convince you to tell me who has the key!" Robert threatened.

That seemed to do the trick, for Jerry nodded his head vigorously. I guess they don't want to be tickled. I then took the key from his pocket, which I gave to my brother. Andrew then opened the chest, and showed the "treasure" to our frustrated treasure hunters.

"This is the treasure you have been looking for, and you have failed!" Andrew gloated. We all laughed, then left them. We returned after 15 minutes, and untied them. Like all games, we congratulated each other for playing a good game. They said they would get us back, but chances are, they won't. Team members change at the flip of a coin, and in one game you might be his teammate, but the next game, you might be enemies. So unless the coin toss is exactly the same, and there is more probability of being hit by lightning, there would be no chance for revenge.

That was the best game we played yet. And it won't be the last game that we play that is as much fun as this. There are many more that summer that is as much fun or even more fun than this. We started to go home at 5:00 p.m., but we took our time that it took us two hours until we finally reached home. We laughed and told jokes along the way about our game and previous games, and poor Frank became the butt of our jokes. But Frank was able to take all of it good-naturedly, and was able to tease the others. And Andrew sat high on a pedestal on a record of unbroken success in our games. His last defeat occurred in Spring, when Angela was not even part of our regular games. Oh, how I and the others would love to bring him down from his pedestal and show him that he was just a mere mortal? Andrew himself was not that boastful and did not gloat much so that was not an overwhelming sentiment among us. We all like him for his fairness, honesty and respected him for the skill he showed at our tie-up games, he is cool among us, but we also envied him. Then there was the Taylor brothers, Robert and Jerry. They are too new to our games to show much at all, and they were apparently excited and showed enthusiasm for our games. Donald, for his part, complained of his "small" role in the previous game, but took it good-naturedly. David for the second time ever was thrashed by his best friend, but joked about it. Besides, David was Andrew's ally 90% of the time, so it did not bother him much. And I was satisfied to win at last, even if this was not a regular game, and I gloated about how I did in the last game. Still, I wanted very much a win in our regular games, and to defeat my older brother.

Did I win the next game? Read the next part and find out!

Tom Ford