Memo : 03 - So...what to do now? (m/f)

Post stories from past authors here. Remember to give credit where credit is due!

Moderator: Archiver

Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Memo : 03 - So...what to do now? (m/f)

Post by Canuck100 »

Memo's stories
03 - So...what to do now?
Story index at the bottom

By Memo

Wednesday, April 2nd 2003 - 07:54:31 PM

So...what to do now?

There we were in our shed, Amber sitting cross legged, blindfolded with her hands tied behind her back and me wondering what my next move would be...

"They're gonna wonder where I am after awhile," Amber said with a sly smile. It was plain she was really enjoying her role and my predicament.

"Maybe I should let you go."

"NO!"

Amber sat upright and seemed to scoot back, as though trying to stay away from me. I was surprised at the intensity of her actions.

"But I don't wanna get in trouble!" I finally said.

"You won't," she said. "My Mom will think it's funny,"

"No she won't. They will probably have me arrested!"

"No,"Amber insisted, but I had made a decision. I crawled over to her and began to unfasten her hands.

Amber jerked away. "No! Don't untie me!" She almost sounded angry.

"But I have to."

"No you don't!" Her voice sounded almost like a plea.

I was puzzled and amazed all at the same time. Not only did she assist me in making sure she was tied and blindfolded, but now she didn't want to be let go. Life was just too strange...

It was about to get even stranger...

I heard a door slam nearby and I felt as though my heart had just leaped into my throat. I heard an all too familiar voice calling my name. How had my Mother known I was out in the shed?

Oh no...

As before...to be continued

Memo
USA

-----------------------------------------------

Thursday, April 3rd 2003 - 06:57:48 AM

Suspense?

Well, that's the idea. Admit it now; it makes things more interesting.

And speaking of being interesting, I was facing a REAL dilemna.

My Mother called me name again. I froze. Amber giggled. The little stinker knew what a fix I was in.

"What you gonna do now?" she mused, then giggled somemore.

Again my Mother called my name. Did I even have time to untie Amber? Would she even allow me to do that?

"Hurry up and hide me," she said suddenly. "I won't make any noise!"

Hide her???? WHERE???? I glanced about, then pulled Amber to her feet. More giggles. I steered her to a farther corner of the shed, then plopped her down, rather roughly I fear. She just giggled somemore.

"You stay quiet," I admonished her.

She beamed and nodded that she would. I turned to go.

"Wait!"

"Huh???" I was nearly in a panic by then.

"I think my hands are coming loose! Tie em tighter!"

For pity sakes!!! I squatted down behind my captive and quickly did as she asked. Amber smiled widely. I patted her on a bare knee.

"Be quiet."

Amber giggled yet again and I turned to face what lie ahead. I promised myself NEVER to kidnap anyone again!!!

TO BE CONTINUED

Memo
USA

--------------------------------------------

Friday, April 4th 2003 - 01:01:35 PM

The story comes to its conclusion

And the saga continues...

So I left Amber in the shed, securely tied and blindfolded and, apparently delighted to be so, and went out to meet my Mother. As you might suspect, she was not happy with her having to call my name two or three times.

"Where we you??" she demanded, hotly. My Mother if full blooded Italian and an alcholic to boot. Confrontations with her were no fun.

I shrugged my shoulders and pointed to the shed. "In there."

"Didn't you hear me?"

"Not at first." I prayed she would not ask what I was doing in there...

"Why? What were you doing?" I cringed. She did have to ask that, didn't she?

"Playing."

"With who?"

I instantly knew I had blundered.

"Me and Amber were playing cops and robbers," I told her, and found myself, again, praying she would not ask more questions. This time, the powers that be upstairs seemed to answer my pleas.

"Well, Amber's Mother just called and she wants her home."

I shrugged. "Okay." Dear Mother turned and stalked back into the house, leaving me both relieved and chagrined. Oh well...

I went back into the shed and found Amber where I had left her, still tied up and blindfolded. My captive beamed at me where she heard me come back in.

"You gotta go home," I said to her.

She frowned. "Who says?"

I squatted down and began to untie her hands. This time she did not complain or resist.

"Your Mom," I told her, then carefully removed her blindfold.

Amber blinked at the light, then grinned at me.

"That was fun!" she said, getting to her feet and brushing herself off. I helped brush her off. I guess I felt a twinge of guilt.

"I didn't hurt you did I?" I examined her wrists. They were reddenned a bit, but otherwise okay.

"No. I liked it. That was fun!"

"You better get going." My mood was suddenly somber and Amber could not help but notice. I don't know if it was a sudden onset of guilt (I was really fond of my "best bud") or if I was anguished about the abrupt end to our little caper. With kids, you never know. Being a kid can be such a complicated thing.

"You aren't mad are you?" she asked. She always asked things like that. Mother Amber...

"No."

Her smile came back. "I gotta go now. Can you kidnap me again tomorrow?"

"What?" Now that the newsness was off the experience, I guess it seemed strange to me.

"I want you to!"

"Maybe."

She grinned at me once again and then was off, leaving me with a wrinkled, black, bandana, and some strips of cloth, and the gruesome thoughts of what might have happened if my Mother had happened upon us. Not that I felt we had done anything wrong. But adults just don't always understand. That was how I felt then. And now that I am on the other "side" of the issue, I can sort of understand why they might feel that way, what with me having three of my own. Sometimes we adults take simple, innocent things, and blow them out of proportion.

Did Amber and I play out anymore kidnap scenarios? Oh yeah.

Memo
United States of America