Published recommendations?

Have a link to other website featuring like minded stories? Post them here. Be sure to follow board rules when posting links.

Moderator: Archiver

cuffed247
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Published recommendations?

Post by cuffed247 »

Hi, I'm sorry if this has been posted about before, but I was wondering if anyone can recommend novels that prominently feature M/M-type scenarios? I'm talking crime/kidnapping stories and the like, such as The Hardy Boys.

It's difficult to search for online. Most of the results for "novels where guys get tied up a lot" are erotic and romance stories, which I'm not looking for.

Like in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, there's a chapter where the witch has Edmund tied up - I'm just looking for that kind of stuff.

So yeah, any recommendations on published works featuring tied-up/arrested/etc males would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Try "The Travels of Jaimie McPheeters," by Robert Louis Taylor. There's a chapter where Jaimie (12 years old) is captured by Indians.

Also along the western theme, look for "Children of the Covered Wagon," by Mary Jane Carr. The Disney movie "Westward Ho, the Wagons" was based on this book.

Another, is "White Captive of the Sioux," by Mark Miller

Drawscore
Charmides
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Charmides »

I think I can rattle off a few... It's not precisely a crime story, but there's a pretty extended scene 'Salem's Lot. I can't remember how old he is, maybe middle school-ish, but this character named Mark is captured by a vampire's thrall and tied up. There's actually a whole subplot about how Mark is a Houdini fanatic, which culminates in this remarkably detailed tie-up scene, where he internally monologues about every knot as it's being tied, and how he might be able to escape. I read it around 7th or 8th grade myself, and it totally captured me.

If you don't mind children's literature, there's a scene in a book called How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found, by Sara Nickerson; very much a mystery for kids. Another child captive; this one is kidnapped by bullies and stowed away on a boat, and has to be rescued later. (This one had a bandana stuffing gag, which was a super nice surprise for me, reading it when I was younger.) Or, if you really want to stray from the crime fiction path, Charlie Bone and the Time Twister has a nice bondage/tape gag scene, and one of the books in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle features the male protagonist strung up in a dungeon with a stuffing gag. (Very sorry, I can't quite remember which of the four books has the scene -- I'm pretty sure it's in one of the latter two. Don't feel too pressured, they're definitely note the best fantasy books ever.)

Of course, all of these except for Inheritance Cycle feature minors getting tied up -- it's not something I gravitate toward now, but they excited me back when I was the same age as the folks getting roped up in the books. And apologies, I know you're probably thinking more along the lines of kidnapped detectives, or police officers, or snooping journalists, but I'm afraid I haven't read enough crime fiction to be too helpful there. It seems that I can remember more tie-ups in children's stories than in anything I read now -- I guess it's because rope is a much less messy plot device than, say, a gun. If I think of anything else I'll let you know!
cuffed247
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by cuffed247 »

Thank you! :D
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

cuffed247 wrote: 3 years ago Thank you! :D
Thanks for favouriting Easy Prey on Deviant Art, my friend!

Welcome on board, btw!
Glad to see [mention]drawscore[/mention] and [mention]Charmides[/mention] were able to supply you with some helpful recommendations.

Hope to see you posting on here more often from now on.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

cuffed247
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by cuffed247 »

Charmides wrote: 3 years ago I think I can rattle off a few... It's not precisely a crime story, but there's a pretty extended scene 'Salem's Lot. I can't remember how old he is, maybe middle school-ish, but this character named Mark is captured by a vampire's thrall and tied up. There's actually a whole subplot about how Mark is a Houdini fanatic, which culminates in this remarkably detailed tie-up scene, where he internally monologues about every knot as it's being tied, and how he might be able to escape. I read it around 7th or 8th grade myself, and it totally captured me.

If you don't mind children's literature, there's a scene in a book called How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found, by Sara Nickerson; very much a mystery for kids. Another child captive; this one is kidnapped by bullies and stowed away on a boat, and has to be rescued later. (This one had a bandana stuffing gag, which was a super nice surprise for me, reading it when I was younger.) Or, if you really want to stray from the crime fiction path, Charlie Bone and the Time Twister has a nice bondage/tape gag scene, and one of the books in Christopher Paolini's Inheritance Cycle features the male protagonist strung up in a dungeon with a stuffing gag. (Very sorry, I can't quite remember which of the four books has the scene -- I'm pretty sure it's in one of the latter two. Don't feel too pressured, they're definitely note the best fantasy books ever.)

Of course, all of these except for Inheritance Cycle feature minors getting tied up -- it's not something I gravitate toward now, but they excited me back when I was the same age as the folks getting roped up in the books. And apologies, I know you're probably thinking more along the lines of kidnapped detectives, or police officers, or snooping journalists, but I'm afraid I haven't read enough crime fiction to be too helpful there. It seems that I can remember more tie-ups in children's stories than in anything I read now -- I guess it's because rope is a much less messy plot device than, say, a gun. If I think of anything else I'll let you know!
Thanks for those recommendations! Yes, I remember the scene with Mark from Salem's Lot! I read it as a teenager.

In regard to your final paragraph, the books you recommended are the kind I missed out on when I was younger but yes it's the crime/adult fiction I'm into now. Sorry, I should have made that clearer. But anyway yeah, thank you for those. :)
Last edited by cuffed247 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
cuffed247
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by cuffed247 »

bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago
cuffed247 wrote: 3 years ago Thank you! :D
Thanks for favouriting Easy Prey on Deviant Art, my friend!

Welcome on board, btw!
Glad to see @drawscore and @Charmides were able to supply you with some helpful recommendations.

Hope to see you posting on here more often from now on.
Thanks!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic