Character Cards

Have a request for a story that's suitable for adults 18 and older? Then post it here!
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Character Cards

Post by wataru14 »

I'm working on a new long-form story that is going to have a fairly large cast. I've noticed that some others I've seen have profile cards made for the characters (photos, stats, descriptions, etc) and I am looking for some assistance in making them for mine. Anyone skilled in such things able to help me out?
MountainMan_91
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by MountainMan_91 »

Hey Wataru...

I actually just started reading ur story Men at work...

Loving it :)

Here are ones I have made for my story...

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=96323#p96323

If you like them I can whip some up for you, you can decide what stats to be displayed depending on what's important for your story.

cool lemme know
Learning new things each day...

A list of my work...
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]wataru14[/mention]
With the exception of [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention]'s cards, I'm the one who's created all the cards you've been seeing across the M/M board. Unfortunately, the template is non-exportable and cannot be transferred over to someone not using the same graphic design program I use and pay for (yearly subscription).

As such, I can offer you the same services that [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] has offered.
The cards are somewhat customisable (ex: foot odour stat can be changed for something else) and I require characters photos, stats and all other related info in order to do the cards.

[mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] has created some lovely ones for his own story.
So I won't blame you for currying his services.

I will, however, show you some of the cards I've created and let you make your decision from there.

BOUND & GAGGED IN A SLEEPING BAG

EASY PREY IIII

SUCKING UP TO THE BOSS

AND A FULL SIZED EXAMPLE:

FROM VOLOBOND'S "KNIGHTS OF THE BOUND TABLE"

Notice that for [mention]Volobond[/mention]'s tale, the "Foot Odour" category has been changed to display the character's main kink.
In addition, I've also provided the cards for [mention]squirrel[/mention] and [mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention]'s stories.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]wataru14[/mention]
In addition to characters cards and the like, you may also want to pursue the idea of a story header (or banner) displaying the face and names of all the "Men At Work" guys. In the case of stories that feature only a handful of characters, it isn't so necessary. But for a saga that features many different characters, the visual aid becomes invaluable.

An example of a header would be the one you see at the start of every EASY PREY III chapter (in which you see Andrew sitting on the floor with his soles facing the camera). Headers are also used in all of B&G's more recent chapters.

It could be something like this (first photo) or a chart with names instead (second photo).

MountainMan_91
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by MountainMan_91 »

Haha!

Yeah

[mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] is the original mastermind...

Mine are just cheap knockoffs :P

JOKES!

I did get the idea from him so credit where it is due...

Either of us will be happy to assist you!

Awesome that the cards are getting some attention.
Learning new things each day...

A list of my work...
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Don't be cheeky [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention]
The cards you've made are beautiful and aesthetically pleasing.
You know I like them very much. Additionally, the smaller photo slot allows for smaller (low res) pics to be used, whereas the cards I've made feature a larger avatar slot which tends to stretch out the character's face if the photo source is small.

See the "Andrew" card from EASY PREY III for an idea of what I mean.
His face is heavily pixelated.

For those who aren't going to click on [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention]'s link:

FROM MOUNTAINMAN_91's "BECOMING VINNY'S BOY"

Image Image
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

Thanks, guys. I messaged [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] earlier. I might try my own hand at a banner for my new story. Men at Work is wrapped up now, so I'm concentrating on new things.
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

I'm of two minds on character cards. I appreciate them (especially the taste of some here in men😍), but I also like to use my imagination in picturing a character, especially after a writer describes him. For example, my favorite saga here is [mention]Charmides[/mention] ' Shadow of the Mountain." As I read it, I pictured each character as he was described. Yes, it's great to see a character personified in a card, but imagination can picture him differently for each of us.

Just my two cents.
Last edited by KidnappedCowboy 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] Fair point. That's precisely why if character photos are going to be used, said photos need to be placed in-story as soon as the character(s) is/are introduced.

There's nothing worse than following a story and cementing a mental image of the characters in your mind (based on in-story description) only for the author to suddenly decide to use photos and post pics that don't match the mental images you'd cemented in your head.

I've been turned off from countless stories precisely because of that.

Every time an author has approached me with questions about wanting to add characters pics to an already ongoing story, I've always advised great caution and retenue. Several authors on here will be able to attest to that.

In the case of [mention]wataru14[/mention]'s "Men At Work", the characters are already illustrated. So the cards would be pretty cool.
But I strongly discourage the addition of such cards in stories where the characters are not illustrated/shown in photo.

If one wants to use character photos, one needs to start with them right off the bat.
Hope this makes sense.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic