Private Messaging Attatchments

Check out the latest TUG news here!
chadmc90
Site Admin
Site Admin

Private Messaging Attatchments

Post by chadmc90 »

Hi,

The administrators have decided to not allow private messages to have images attached to them. The reason is because, like public topics, attachments on private messages upload the file to the site's server. Therefore, any questionable content attached on the site, even in PMs, gets put on our servers and puts us at risk. The reason we allow it in public topics is because it can be moderated MUCH easier.

Sorry, but we must protect the integrity of the board, especially given the theme of the website.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

I presume linked embedded pictures are still fine as they don't end up on the site's server- just the link to them?
Thanks.
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

OK in my opimion, it remains a private matter.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

@Pup
Easiest way is to host your photos on Flickr or something and just paste the URL link into the "IMG" code.
I do that for PM photos as well as most of the photos I post on the public board here (and the ones I had posted on TieUpGames.net). Saves the forum from becoming too loaded down with heavy attachments.
Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

Yeah that's what I did on tieupgames as well, I was just clarifying.
Does mean I end up using higher quality images which means if you have a whole thread of them it can take a lil' while to load but still.
Locked Previous topicNext topic