You Are Not Alone (M/m)

Start Date: October 1, 2018
End Date: October 31, 2018
heybro
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

You Are Not Alone (M/m)

Post by heybro »

Seven years ago, I sat straight up in bed. The night had been so peaceful and my sleep so sound. Pure instinct had jolted my body erect in that two bedroom farmhouse. And then I realized why. I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that I was not alone.

Our sleepy town of Sherwood held a legend. The story passed down from parents to teenagers to kids. I had always heard the stories of the unsolved kidnappings and the rumors that some strange unknown group had been carrying them out. I never dreamt I would come so close to being a victim. I was told I was the only one to survive the attempted assault. Still, I tried every day to bury the details of that horrible night in which my own personal dwelling had been so easily intruded.

When Deputy Jack, four years my senior, told me he wanted to use me as bait to catch the napper, I said no immediately. But he pushed, as he always did, and soon I was agreeing to be completely restrained and immobilized under a single lamp sitting in the middle of nowhere. Sure, police would be hidden nearby and the whole set-up was staged as a high school prank gone wrong. They figured whoever was doing this, wouldn't and couldn't resist snatching someone who had eluded their grasp years before.

I was most skeptical that the intruder would even show. That's when they told me something I had never known or at least seemed to have never realized. Each kidnapping, as well as the one attempted of me, had occurred on October 31st.

Deputy Jack used his handcuffs first. They were police standard issue. Cold hard steel cinched around my wrists.

"Are they too tight?" Jack half cocked at me.

"Yes," I answered.

He began working rope around my waist almost forgetting to answer: "Ah, you'll get used to them. It has to look real."

He secured the handcuffs behind my back with the rope and then took thicker rope to wind around my entire chest and stomach.

"This part's mostly for show," he explained.

I realized such a statement belied the previous claim he had made about the handcuffs. If the extensive rope is for show, what were the handcuffs for?

I let Deputy Jack continue to loop the rope around and around my chest. He easily manipulated its rough material in his large muscular hands. I knew his police training would have initiated him on various restraint techniques but no one had ever trained him at the rodeo.

"Ease up already," I squealed.

"Huh?" the Deputy seemed to half acknowledge as he scooted me backwards towards the wooden pole in the ground. It was part of a larger fence nearer the road. The farmhouse I used to live in sat a few yards down and to the side.

The moon shown above. It was full. I knew coyotes must be scavenging the fields along with other creatures including the one we hoped to catch. Six other police officers or detectives had already secured places around the area including behind bushes, trees, and inside the alcove atop the old barn to the west. A hidden camera was set up near me. I didn't trust it. I only trusted the hidden mic underneath my shirt, which, at this point, Jack didn't seem to be sensitive too. I was sure by this time it had been completely buried underneath all the rope.
Next Jack unloaded rolls of duct tape.

"Dude, we agreed to the cuffs and the rope - that's it," I matter of factly stated.

"I know - I know," Jack conceded while picking up the tape and loudly advancing it open, "I just really want to catch this guy."

Before I could decide my best argument, Jack pressed the grey duct tape over my lips and began wrapping the sticky thick encasing tape around my head. He must have done it three times before I realized that grunting loudly was my BEST argument.

"MMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPHHHHHHHHH," I shouted to no avail.

"Billy, start shouting AFTER I'm hidden," Jack reasoned.

And so, I began kicking. I hit him pretty square across his thighs before he secured a safe spot behind me. He just kept on wrapping the tape over and over across my mouth.

He had attached the rope securing my cuffs to a metal piece in the pole so I was pretty much stuck and unable to claw my way around to him. Still, I tried. All I ended up doing was digging myself in to the dirt. As soon as I calculated how much torque I'd need to muster in order to somehow actually kick Jack, he had finished taping my mouth and came back around to face me. He stepped back far enough to escape any blow.

He crouched down and pulled some more stuff out of his bag. It was a mass of padded leather. I realize now they were leg restraints. I never knew the police had stuff like that although I had seen something similar in death row movies. Soon, thick leather cuffs encircled my ankles and I could no longer kick. He had me pretty trussed up. I regretted that no other police officers really knew how RESTRAINED I was, although they'd surely know by night's end IF everything went according to plan.

Jack placed his hand on my roped chest and leaned in to my ear: "Do whatever you want. Shout. Don't shout. We'll get this guy either way. Hell, go crazy if you want too. The more believable the better."

With that, Deputy Jack was gone. He bee lined across my shoulder and I had no idea where he ended up.

Reality is a funny thing. Sometimes it takes awhile to realize the gravity of your situation. Other times, it all hits you like a ton of bricks. Seven years ago, I knew, in the darkness of my room, that I was not alone. Tonight, in the wide open dark country landscape, I could not have felt more alone.

I trusted the police enough. But, would they get to me in time? What nightmare would I experience before they did get to me? What if something went wrong?

An owl hooted. I think I saw a rabbit scurry in to the brush. The light of the post above me flickered. In between moments of calm and silence came moments of pure dread.

I realized I was sitting erect, just as I had done seven years ago. Back then, I could pounce to the door and sprint out of the room. Now, I could breathe heavy through my nose and hope my binds allowed the extra air inside my lungs.

Clouds began piling up on each other to block the moon. The light bulb above me finally gave out. Pure darkness overtook me.

I had given up 'mmmmphhhhh'ing long ago but now I felt as if doing so would actually be a bad idea. I felt the need to bury myself in to the earth below me. I soon became completely still and dared not to make a sound or any movement.

There were no rabbits now and no owls. The moon had given up long ago and was now completely content underneath its new blanket.

It was quiet. Completely quiet.

And then, just as before, I knew, without a shadow of a doubt that I had heard footsteps...from behind me...moving towards me.

I wished to God I could deny it. Flight or fight overtook me and my body instinctively tried to rise and run. The leather creaked against my legs. The rope scratched against my shirt. The metal dug in to my wrists. No amount of personal adrenaline could match my bondage and achieve safety. Still, my heart raced as if I was racing.

And then I felt the familiar hand of a family member. Skin to skin, I felt comfort. The clicking of a metal cutter released the rope holding my cuffed hands to the pole. Still bound, I was completely free to be picked up and flung over my brother's shoulder.

As he carried me through the night, he stated, "Time to come home Rusty. It's been too long."

Police sirens filled the night air as everything came flooding back to me. I had been kidnapped. Not seven years ago, but ten. My big brother, the legend, was finally able to take me back home.
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

Cool story! Like the twist at the ende and its general ambiguity. Reminded me of the old anthology serials
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

I like your ending, but a better "spooky ending" would consist of the following;

"As I stood there, the silence broke suddenly. A form, no two forms were moving towards me. the police, i'm saved!

Then I realized that something was wrong. Very wrong.

Their' faces were wrapped in duct tape, ankles hobbled, and their' wrists behind their' backs.

The form behind them pushed the two cops to the ground and said, "you really thought you could fool me?"
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic