Cupid's Mistake (M/m)

Contest ends 24:00 GMT Feb 28th 2019
heybro
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Cupid's Mistake (M/m)

Post by heybro »

I heard the arrow right before I felt it. The high pitched swoosh pierced the air. Next, I saw the blood gushing down my arm before I even registered the pain.

"What the -" I shouted.

I must have been in shock because all I could bring myself to do in that moment was admire the golden arrow with the words TY etched along the shaft. Had it hit a nerve? My head was in a state of fuzzy delirium. But the site of the rich red blood jolted me out of my blissful state as I pulled myself to the phone and dialed 911.

The EMTs who arrived at the scene looked at me really funny. I kept trying to explain the arrow but in all the commotion, somehow, it was no longer able to be seen. They bandaged up both my arms. None of this made sense to me.

And then, well, they pulled out this stretcher that had a mess of brown leather straps dotting it's length. I just assumed it was all to keep me from falling off. But these two guys dressed completely in white tumbled out from behind the stretcher and barreled towards me like two football line backers.

"Just relax," one soothed.

"We're going to get you all set up Max," the other said using my name.

Since he had called me by name, I instinctively tried to get THEIR names. The name tag on the first goon's perfect white shirt read "Shane" and the second goon's read, "Tyler."

And that's when I felt another poke in my arm. I jumped upwards despite the two guys holding me down on the stretcher. Looking down, I realized that Shane had poked me with a needle.

"What was that!" I desperately asked.

"Easy easy," Shane cooed.

"It's just a cocktail mix of Droperidol and Midazolam," Tyler explained, "...to help you relax."

And then I felt fuzzy again. While, I actually began to feel extremely calm.

As I melted back into the stretcher, Shane and Tyler began fitting me with all the buckles and straps. My waist was first. A heavy thick belt coiled around me before being pulled taunt. It felt comforting in a way. Next, they looped giant cuffs around my wrists which caused that deep dark red to penetrate outwards soaking against my pure white bandages. Yet, I didn't feel pain. I kind of started to feel lust. I looked up at Tyler right in to his eyes. And that is when it all made perfect sense.

Tyler was so dreamy. His skin was so milky soft. The touch of his hands manipulating the leather straps was so deft, comforting, and squishy.

"Swoosh swoosh swoosh," the leather restraints echoed just like my arrow.

That golden arrow.

Cupid's arrow.

A love filled arrow with the incomplete carving of the letters T and Y.

Stupid cupid -- Tyler is who I want and all you've done is get me TYed down!

"Cupid made a mistake!" I shouted!

"Whoa buddy - whoa," Shane attempted to deescalate.

"It's OK Shane," Tyler explained, "It just means the sedatives are about to take hold."

I felt straps coil around my ankles and then become snug and tight.

"He abbreviated your name," I pronounced looking directly at Tyler.

"Huh?" his eyebrows furrowed.

"T - Y - it's what the arrow said," I announced. "He must have abbreviated your name -- it should have been Tyler."

"This one's really funny," Shane whispered to Tyler.

"No no," Tyler contemplated, "It actually kind of makes sense. It is Valentine's Day after-all. I think he's trying to say someone hit him with a love arrow."

"What like cupid?" Shane laughed. "This job is too much," he continued.

At least Tyler understood. And if he understood me now, then he'd surely understand me later. Maybe he'd even grow to love me later. Maybe cupid's mistake would still allow us to be together.

My mind finally gave out as I realized my eyes were already closed. Dreams over-took me. I couldn't help but imagine a life with Tyler. Him...and I...and being TYed down all the time. What! Wait! That stupid arrow was ruining everything! My life with Tyler would become a life with TY! Ty down. Ty up. Ty in every way. Stupid Cupid!

Life in Medium Security isn't all bad. Everyone knows my story though. That's why Valentine's Day isn't celebrated on my ward. Medium security in this case is a bit of misnomer. Thick brown leather restraints still hold my once red bloody limbs securely to the bed frame. Instead of chocolate, I get that daily cocktail of Droperidol and Midazolam.

The day-room is stark without a decoration in site. Doctor Connor has had all mail - especially Valentine's cards - shredded upon delivery. They say it's all to help me remain calm and less agitated.

I keep trying to convince Tyler - every chance I get - that we were destined to be together. Doctor Connor has caught on though despite Tyler being more than chivalrous about it. Tyler has been long since moved to working Maximum Security.

Still, every Valentine's Day I can't help but hope that Cupid might return and fix his stupid mistake.

It's late on Valentine's Day now. I'm soundly sleeping in my bed despite not having any restraints or sedatives tonight. I've been on real good behavior lately.

I hear the faint click on the lock to my door. A familiar scent penetrates the air. Instinctively, I know it's Tyler. I keep my eyes closed for fear I'll break the magic.

"Buddy....buddy...." Tyler pants frantically.

I have no choice but to bolt upright in bed.

I see Tyler framed in golden light. Two similar guys in white flank his sides.

Tyler stumbles towards me. That's when I see it. Tyler's holding a bloody arrow in his hand. I desperately try to make out the words as the two goons behind Tyler expertly wheel in a leather lined stretcher. I peer and peer and peer and I finally make it out. The arrow says "MAXIMUM."

"Maximum!" I shout. "The arrow says MAXIMUM!"

"How did he know?" goon number one questions.

"These guys in here....don't try to make sense of any of it -- even a stopped clock is right twice a day," the second goon tries to rationalize.

"No, no, I get it," Tyler soothes.

"Cupid decided not to abbreviate this time, Max" Tyler smiles at me.

As Tyler swiftly swooshes me away towards MAXIMUM SECURITY, I realize that Maximum was intended to be me.

"Cupid!" I shout. "Why didn't you just hit him with the word MAX!"

Tyler smiles, "I guess you've found out that I'm in love with Maximum Security dude. And you won't be going anywhere soon!"
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Thanks for entering the Short Story Contest. We certainly had a variety of styles and I hope you will participate in the next contest too. We need the variety.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
LK3869
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LK3869 »

Yes, there can never be enough variety and, well, trying to tie Valentines and asylums, that's a bold move ! :D
I fall for good depictions of 'parallel' states of minds and this one is quite so, faulty logic that invents crazy stories and then tries to tie it to reality...
don't run ! I'm friendly ...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic