HOW TO: NAVIGATE THE FORUM AND KEEP TRACK OF NEW STUFF!

This section contains the introductions thread as well as the forum rules and tips for story writing!
Warning: All users are responsible for reading the site rules. Failure to read the rules does NOT exclude you or your posts from disciplinary actions.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

It's come to my attention that A LOT of users are not navigating the forum the way phpbb forums were meant to be navigated. More often than not, I'm faced with fellow users who don't know how to find specific threads or who don't keep track/don't know HOW to keep track of forum activity and new topics of discussion.

This post is designed to help concerned members navigate the board the way it was initially meant to be navigated.

If you're part of those who ignore the forum Quick Links and simply visit forum sections at random, know that there is a much better and more effective way of browsing through the forum's content!

The absolute best tools to use when it comes to forum browsing, are all found in your Quick Links tab.

Opening the Quick Links tab will provide you with several options.
The main 3 are: ACTIVE TOPICS, UNREAD POSTS and YOUR POSTS.
UNREAD POSTS is self-explanatory, so we'll not delve into that right now.

ACTIVE TOPICS allows you to see what's going on on the forum.
You'll get a list of all the more recent posts and threads popping up, and you'll be able to see what's trending.

As you can see from the screenshot above, topics that receive a post/reply immediately get bumped to the top spot of this list.

Topics appearing in ACTIVE TOPICS are considered "active" because they've been posted on and commented in the last couple days.

Using this Quick Link option is arguably the best way to keep track of forum activity and stay up to date with new stuff. If you wanna join in on the fun instead of bumping into stuff that's already died out a while ago, then ACTIVE TOPICS is the right tool for you.

The second useful Quick Link tool is the YOUR POSTS option.

This option allows you to keep track of all topics you've previously commented/posted on.
If you've posted on something a while back, but can't seem to remember what section of the forum the topic is located in, just use your Quick Links and scroll through YOUR POSTS to find it again.

Topics that have unread posts on them will have a different icon than the ones that have no unread new posts.

For example; on my YOUR POSTS listing, [mention]The skeleton Beam[/mention]'s "Tug Clichés" is a topic I've previously commented on. Its topic icon is lit up "green" 'cause there are some new posts on there that I haven't read yet.

There you go, folks!
Now you can fully enjoy the activity and bustle this place has to offer. Using these tools will allow you to take part in surveys, discussions, story threads and polls while they're still abuzz with activity.
Last edited by bondagefreak 3 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

It's a great list of tips and tricks to make navigation around the forum more easy. Here are my tips as well. :D

Keeping track of new stuff is made more easy by:
  • hitting the wrench at the bottom of the page and subscribing to be notified of replies to a thread you like.
  • visiting the profile of authors you like and take a look at their most recent posts.
Sockgaggedman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockgaggedman »

Now I know this is a stupid question, but how and where do I go to post my stories?
Like, I have to first write them in a separate document and upload them, or what?
Please help me with this problem, I want to be an active membre of the comunity with my stories but I don't know how...
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention]
Hey buddy!
No, there's no uploading involved.

You just open up a new topic in the appropriate section, copy-paste your story in the text slot, add the title and gender-tag it (ex: MM/M) and then post it.
Last edited by bondagefreak 3 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention]
From looking at the activity board I can tell you're struggling.

Alright. Look at the forum Index. The main page/homepage.
Scroll down and look at all the forum sections.
Each section has a title and a descriptive line to explain what the section is about.

Whether the story you wanna post is mature, pg-rated, fictional or true, it'll need to be place in the correct forum section.
Once you decide where your story needs to go, you click on the section and find the "New Topic" tab.

All you'll need to do after that is proceed with the steps elaborated in my above post.

Hope this helps.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Sockgaggedman
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockgaggedman »

Thanks for the help, the first part of the story is out
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

*BUMPING THIS BACK INTO ACTIVE THREADS*