Rules and Guidelines ***UPDATED: August 4th, 2021***

This section contains the introductions thread as well as the forum rules and tips for story writing!
Warning: All users are responsible for reading the site rules. Failure to read the rules does NOT exclude you or your posts from disciplinary actions.
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

@RaincoatFan1999 this post right here might be helpful for you. PM privileges are unlocked once you've made 10 posts on the site.
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

I have tried to send an e-mail link.
If it doesn't work, I regret that you will have to send me your e-mail here.

I hope @BoundJana' reply helps.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
RaincoatFan1999
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by RaincoatFan1999 »

BoundJana wrote: 5 months ago @RaincoatFan1999 this post right here might be helpful for you. PM privileges are unlocked once you've made 10 posts on the site.
Thanks. I knew that from the outset, and while I agree with the reasoning behind it - minimising spam - , perhaps some exception can be made for contacting mods/admins?
RaincoatFan1999
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by RaincoatFan1999 »

Xtc wrote: 5 months ago I have tried to send an e-mail link.
If it doesn't work, I regret that you will have to send me your e-mail here.

I hope @BoundJana' reply helps.
No worries. I sent you an e-mail with my issue.
StringTheorist
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by StringTheorist »

I got a chuckle from a posting by @bondagefreak: "A child's online activity should be monitored by his or her parent(s). That's what parents are for."

I am somewhat irritated by the large banners especially when they are oft repeated on the same page. I don't know how to follow any link embedded in them.

Is there any way to suppress all but the first occurrence of a large banner on a page?

Is there a page that tells me how to do various things? I try to follow the convention @<user name> but I don't think that works for me.

I'd also like to know how to edit a post I have made.

Thanks

ST
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

StringTheorist wrote: 4 months ago 1. Is there any way to suppress all but the first occurrence of a large banner on a page?
2. Is there a page that tells me how to do various things? I try to follow the convention @<user name> but I don't think that works for me.
3. I'd also like to know how to edit a post I have made.
1. No.
2. No. Yes, it works for you. It works for everyone and is an age-old function of this forum and every other forum of this genre. Type @ and immediately start typing the username of the person you want to tag. When a pop-up appears with a list of matching usernames, select the one you want to tag. Eg: if I type @strin I immediately get a pop up suggesting your username. I just need to click on it and voilà: @StringTheorist
3. A crayon icon is on the upper-right of all your posts. It's the Edit feature.

Using forums like these is very much a self-taught process. Those who don't know how to use the features generally take no time to actually look and check out the different buttons to see what they are and what they do. Don't be afraid to experiment. That's how the forum-savvy folks learned to use these forums in the first place. Self taught ;)
StringTheorist
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by StringTheorist »

Thanks @bondagefreak
ExcessivelyCurious
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ExcessivelyCurious »

Do you mean the large banners in some people's signatures? You can't selectively turn those off, but you can get rid off them by disabling signatures all-together: Click your username in the top right, then "user control panel". From there choose "board preferences" and within that "edit display options". One of the options there is display signatures, and if you switch that to no you won't see any signatures on posts.
StringTheorist
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by StringTheorist »

Thanks @ExcessivelyCurious

I just found some new mentions I hadn't noticed before, so sorry for the delay.
I'm still trying to find my way around the features of the board.

ST
Sablesword
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sablesword »

I have two questions:
1. Are images with "implied nudity" considered "nudity" for the purpose of being strictly forbidden here? (E.g. a photo where the model is topless but her arm blocks most of her breast, including the areola.)

2. My DeviantArt account (and my personal website) include both non-nude and nude images. If I link to a non-nude, fully clothed photo or drawing in my DA gallery, does this count as a prohibited link to a website that contains nude images? By a strict reading of the rule, any link to DA is prohibited, but it sounds like the intent is to prohibit links to a webPAGE that displays nude images directly, rather than to a non-nude page on a website that has nudity somewhere on other pages. Clarify please?
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

There have been links to DA posts here, including some of mine before I was banned!

I suggest you try it and see who objects. If someone does, it will have to be taken down. We have had people pushing the envelope too far. If the link leads very quickly to nude pics, it would be inadvisable to use it. Mixed message , I'm afraid but use your discretion.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Sablesword wrote: 3 months ago If I link to a non-nude, fully clothed photo or drawing in my DA gallery...
You don't. I've never seen anyone "link" to a photo.
The image may be hosted on your or someone else's DA, but you don't link to it. You simply right-click on the photo, copy the image link (added emphasis to the word "image") and then paste the URL link here, using the "Insert Image" function when you're writing a post.

There's no link to DA. The image hosted on DA will simply appear here.
Hope this helps.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Sablesword
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sablesword »

bondagefreak wrote: 3 months ago
Sablesword wrote: 3 months ago If I link to a non-nude, fully clothed photo or drawing in my DA gallery...
You don't. I've never seen anyone "link" to a photo.
The image may be hosted on your or someone else's DA, but you don't link to it. You simply right-click on the photo, copy the image link (added emphasis to the word "image") and then paste the URL link here, using the "Insert Image" function when you're writing a post.

There's no link to DA. The image hosted on DA will simply appear here.
Hope this helps.
I consider image links to be links. The image is still on the other website, and if you right-click "view image" you get taken to that other website.

If they're not considered links for the purpose of The Rules (despite actually being links), then yes, that helps.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic