How did you start out with BDSM very initially?

Post polls here.

By desiring to feel helpless / to submit
20%
By desiring to dominate
2%
Being immobile or tied up felt good
40%
Watching someone else tied up felt good
38%
Some other way
No votes

Total votes: 45

takeru
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by takeru »

I feel domination and submission is a bit overdepicted in mainstream media, compared to simple sensuality of being tied up or the aesthetics of seeing someone else be tied up. Which way are the people here leaning towards?

Now, yes, over the course of time, different desires mix into each other. But how did it all began? For instance, I probably did not care about domination or submission for the first 3-4 years of wanting to be tied up.
tiedinbluetights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by tiedinbluetights »

For me, desiring to be bound/tied-up/tied-down, has always been integral to who I am. It just felt and still feels good to be tied. I agree that the B in BDSM is the aspect of that microcosm that is the least depicted for its own sake and just for fun in modern media (at the expense of the others).
💙 Love to be tied-up 💙
I read and write stories for fun
Open to friendly PMs
(I don't do roleplays nor story requests)
copperfox
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by copperfox »

Like many, my interests in BDSM started as a kid watching cartoons involving characters getting captured and tied up. I was probably no older than four when I first started tying myself up (I have a vivid memory of doing this in the house we were in at the time). In fact, I’d absolutely say that watching TV shows wasn’t what caused my interest in bondage, but rather that’s just what I was naturally drawn to from a core perspective.

Unlike a lot of people in the kink community, I was never attracted to the dominant/submissive or sadomasochistic aspects of BDSM. Interesting, though, I’ve picked up a couple new/secondary kinks in the past couple years (I tried some new things, and my body was like, “yep, I guess I’m into this now). So, I’m certainly game for trying out other new types of play at some point. Who know, I might surprise myself yet again.
Janbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Janbound »

I saw cartoon characters, then real actors tied up on TV and wondered what it would be like.
BoundSuperhero17
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BoundSuperhero17 »

Janbound wrote: 2 weeks ago I saw cartoon characters, then real actors tied up on TV and wondered what it would be like.
Mine was the old Batman sitcom mostly so I get this
Janbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Janbound »

BoundSuperhero17 wrote: 2 weeks ago
Janbound wrote: 2 weeks ago I saw cartoon characters, then real actors tied up on TV and wondered what it would be like.
The 1960s live action or the cartoons?
BoundSuperhero17
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BoundSuperhero17 »

Janbound wrote: 2 weeks ago
BoundSuperhero17 wrote: 2 weeks ago
The 1960s live action or the cartoons?
The live action show! I might have bought it on blu ray lol
Janbound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Janbound »

For me, Penny Gadget was the first girl I wanted to be like.
drgoremd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drgoremd »

Janbound wrote: 2 weeks ago For me, Penny Gadget was the first girl I wanted to be like.
Penny was an ideal damsel, smart and courageous but also vulnerable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic