LARGER TEXT SIZE FOR STORIES: YAY OR NAY? (POLL!)

Post polls here.

WHAT'S YOUR OPINION ON THE SLIGHTLY LARGER TEXT FONT I NORMALLY USE?

IT'S GREAT! PUTS LESS STRAIN ON THE EYES AND MAKES THE READING PROCESS EASIER.
72%
IT DOESN'T CHANGE ANYTHING FOR ME. THE NORMAL FONT IS LARGE ENOUGH.
28%

Total votes: 53

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

LARGER TEXT SIZE FOR STORIES: YAY OR NAY? (POLL!)

Post by bondagefreak »

READER OPINION POLL
LARGER TEXT SIZE FOR STORIES

Over the past couple years, I've been using 115 sized font for all my stories and written works. With so much time spent online (banking, news, social media, reading, etc) the slight increase in text size is a welcomed change for me.

For those of you who don't regularly read my works, I'm writing in size 115 font right now.

This sentence right here is the standard size 100 font you see everywhere else on the forum.

I've seen a few other authors (all of which are regular readers of mine) follow in my steps and switch to larger fonts as well. So my question to you guys (and gals) is simple. Does the larger font help with your reading? Is it something you like as a reader or is it something you couldn't care less about?

VOTE ON THE POLL & SHARE YOUR COMMENTS WITH US IF YOU HAVE ANY!

FOR AN IDEA OF WHAT SIZE 115 TEXT FONT LOOKS LIKE IN A STORY, SEE HERE: STORY CHAPTER 115 SIZED FONT

[mention]chadmc90[/mention] [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]OrdinaryWorld[/mention] [mention]BlueZephyr[/mention] [mention]Msueta@2[/mention] [mention]sami200456boyfriend[/mention] [mention]GoBucks[/mention] [mention]Socksbound[/mention] [mention]The slave[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention] [mention]Sockbound1234[/mention] [mention]Tsuhaya[/mention] [mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]socjuc[/mention] [mention]jammer212[/mention] [mention]Wedgieboy69[/mention] [mention]DeeperThanRed[/mention] [mention]Jason07[/mention] [mention]smushboy[/mention] [mention]tugfan[/mention] [mention]luiggi87[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]blackbound[/mention] [mention]abcdefsmith3[/mention] [mention]puffalover[/mention] [mention]ravish[/mention] [mention]Jb99[/mention] [mention]sws91[/mention] [mention]harsim[/mention] [mention]Bondwriter[/mention] [mention]CorbD91[/mention] [mention]dallen108[/mention] [mention]Mummybag[/mention] [mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention] [mention]zzzz12333211[/mention] [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]Tsuhaya[/mention] [mention]user3434658[/mention] [mention]jammer212[/mention] [mention]Whitestorm[/mention] [mention]gag1195[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Straitjacketed[/mention] [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] [mention]FelixSH[/mention] [mention]Bondwriter[/mention] [mention]cj2125[/mention] [mention]privateandrews[/mention] [mention]Hojojutsutengu[/mention] [mention]Tiedinjordans[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Charmides[/mention] [mention]TightropesEU[/mention] [mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention] [mention]EJTied22[/mention] [mention]ohazut[/mention] [mention]Yaru[/mention] [mention]privateandrews[/mention] [mention]Veracity[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]LockedCheeseBird[/mention] [mention]DeanSummer24[/mention] [mention]gag1195[/mention] [mention]4toes[/mention] [mention]Mummybag[/mention] [mention]Whitestorm[/mention] [mention]Footsub[/mention] [mention]The slave[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]CrownedLoy76[/mention] [mention]Gagfan[/mention] [mention]Kratos[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention] [mention]EJTied22[/mention] [mention]Jason07[/mention] [mention]Red86[/mention] [mention]jammer212[/mention] [mention]Johnsnow[/mention][mention]LockedCheeseBird[/mention] [mention]Finnan[/mention] [mention]Killua[/mention] [mention]Jb99[/mention] [mention]Pup[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]BlueZephyr[/mention] [mention]Red86[/mention] [mention]Socksbound[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]OrdinaryWorld[/mention] [mention]gag1195[/mention] [mention]Wedgieboy69[/mention] [mention]Msueta@2[/mention] [mention]4toes[/mention] [mention]harveygasson[/mention] [mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]GoBucks[/mention] [mention]Sockbound1234[/mention] [mention]Ossassin[/mention] [mention]Pup Wingletang[/mention] [mention]Mummybag[/mention] [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] [mention]Footsub[/mention] [mention]Gagfan[/mention] [mention]Kratos[/mention] [mention]The slave[/mention] [mention]blackbound[/mention] [mention]ShadowHusky[/mention] [mention]cj2125[/mention] [mention]socjuc[/mention] [mention]DeanSummer24[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]CrownedLoy76[/mention] [mention]sami200456boyfriend[/mention] [mention]Batsox[/mention] [mention]JDT544[/mention] [mention]N9292[/mention] [mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention] [mention]Jason07[/mention] [mention]tugfan[/mention] [mention]CrownedLoy76[/mention] [mention]Gaybondage[/mention] [mention]Whitestorm[/mention] [mention]EJTied22[/mention] [mention]Boston2265[/mention]
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

LockedCheeseBird
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LockedCheeseBird »

The bigger font makes it way easier to read. I'm quite easily distracted online, and both the bigger text and short paragraphs make it way easier to follow the story. I even have this whole forum scaled up to 120% in my browser.
Banner by Bondagefreak
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]LockedCheeseBird[/mention] I do as well! And I don't wear glasses/contacts or have impaired vision.
I just find everything on here very small, especially the story threads that feature large paragraphs and clumps of texts.

In a couple days, once the poll has amassed a sufficient number of votes, I'm going to be tagging some of the forum's more prolific authors so that they can have a look at the vote and see what the readership audience wants/prefers.

Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

All you have done is reminded me my eyesight is getting worse I hate you :lol: :lol:

It is more comfortable to read the larger size, however there is nothing stopping people from zooming in on their browser or entering reader mode.
Do whatever is easiest and whatever you want to do :P
Msueta@2
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Msueta@2 »

I like big font on stories
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

I personally prefer the larger font as well.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
jackroper
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by jackroper »

Try clicking on bold and then large and it is so much easier to read!
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

It's a yay for me. Definitely easier on the eyes especially when your reading a lengthy story. I also don't use glasses/contacts and as far as I'm aware, my eye sight is still 20/20. Regardless, I welcome the use of larger text!
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

I use the standard font because I tend to write long chapters. So a large font wouldn't be practical for me (it would make my stories monolithic blocks of text). But when I'm reading a story, I prefer slightly larger. It helps with ease of reading. Maybe I'm showing my age? Lol
4toes
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by 4toes »

Although, I am able to read the default font size, I would say it is more comfortable reading with what you have suggested. It's easier in the eyes, especially if you come from working all day in front of the computer.

Appreciate that you took this into consideration as well in terms of reading experience. Thank you for considering our eyesight as well :lol:
Pup Wingletang
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup Wingletang »

Definitely a fan of the larger font. Also in multi-chapter stories it helps make the actually chapters of the story standout from the comments.
A pup is for life but especially for bondage so get out the sleepsack and muzzle.

Don't miss out on the final chapter of Lovingly Zipped Up (M/M)

All my M/M stories can be found HERE.
Killua
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Killua »

When I first read one of your stories, I thought "What is wrong with him, the text waaaay too large." But I guess I'm used to it now. I'm reading stories always on my phone, so the larger font makes me scroll a bit more, so reading stories with larger font is a bit more work for me. On the other hand, it is more comfortable for the eyes. So I haven't really decided if I like the normal or the larger size more... so I voted I don't need it, but I'm comfortable with both ways.
Banner by Bondagefreak

My F/m Story:
Not as planned F/m
ravish
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ravish »

I really don't have a preference on that, but I think bigger might be better as it accommodates people who have difficulties.
JDT544
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by JDT544 »

The 115 font size is what I prefer.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Not nearly as many votes as I was hoping for, but I nonetheless think these results are worth sharing.

Just tagging a few of the forum's more prolific authors, as I think the results of this poll should be of great interest to them:

[mention]Caesar73[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Volobond[/mention] [mention]squirrel[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]TomYi[/mention] [mention]Xtc[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]RopeBunny[/mention] [mention]iliketights[/mention] [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] [mention]gaggedfeety[/mention] [mention]Gagfan[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]MountainMan_91[/mention] [mention]gag1195[/mention] [mention]cj2125[/mention] [mention]wataru14[/mention] [mention]FelixSH[/mention] [mention]Sockgaggedman[/mention] [mention]Smythdean[/mention] [mention]EzraMarubayashi[/mention]
wataru14
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by wataru14 »

bondagefreak wrote: 2 years ago Just tagging a few of the forum's more prolific authors, as I think the results of this poll should be of great interest to them:
I voted. In favor of larger text.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

wataru14 wrote: 2 years ago I voted. In favor of larger text.
Thanks, my friend.
But I didn't retag you to incite you to vote.

I just think the poll warrants the attention of yourself and the forum's other prolific authors.

If 75% of readers here find the larger font helpful/desirable, it may not be a bad thing for more authors to adopt 115 as standard font size.

P.s- For those wondering how to post in a specific font: After selecting all the text you want to resize, click on the box that says "normal", select the "large" format instead. All the text you've selected will then be in 150 sized font. You can change that number manually to 115.

slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

I have no idea why this is actually a question, since all (modern) browsers have the option to enlarge the font (CTRL-mouse wheel for most browsers) and you can make the text as large or small as you prefer, between 25% and 500%.

Why ask a writer to increase his/her font, as the reader can choose him/herself what size they want. And I admit that I am old enough to occasionally increase the size for easier reading. :lol:
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]slackywacky[/mention] I'm not asking you guys to do anything, and I'm well aware that readers can manually increase screen font. I do so myself to read 95% of the forum's content.

Increasing the screen zoom-in, however, is not entirely desirable for authors using low/medium res story illustrations and manips, as is often the case here. Zooming in will increase the text while also increasing the pixelation of said photos.

But you're right.
Perhaps this poll is unwarranted.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

bondagefreak wrote: 2 years ago Perhaps this poll is unwarranted.
Not saying you cannot ask, but for me the sizing in the browser works :lol:

Personally, using larger font, or bold, probably would have the reverse effect on me, I might not read the story as the font is too big (although I might decrease font size in browser). I do the same for all capitals stories/text (capitals = shouting). I ignore those.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

I'm glad to see a bias towards preferring larger text. Especially considering a lot of stories on here, including mine, tend to have large walls of text, at least a bigger font makes it easier to view.

[mention]slackywacky[/mention] I see where you're coming from, but as someone who uses a lot of tabs at once, I prefer not to have to switch the settings on my browser. So I like having the text here slightly larger.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
EzraMarubayashi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by EzraMarubayashi »

I'm not proud to say that I hadn't really noticed, but now that you mention it, I do find it easier to read. I think I'll use a slightly larger font in my future posts.
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

It’s most certainly and interesting question to be asking. As surely anything that makes it either easier or more enjoyable for the reader is something we should all look at. Although I do agree with my fellow author [mention]slackywacky[/mention] with regards to the possibilities for others to simply increase their own browser to provide the same effect.

While I also wonder what effect it would have on the space used upon the site. Would making the text spread the stories over many more pages. Use extra storage space etc.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Bandit666 wrote: 2 years ago And yet I also wonder what effect it would have on the space used upon the site. Would making the text spread the stories over many more pages. Use extra storage space etc.
Hello Bandit.

Nope, it doesn't work that way.
Pages contain 25 posts no matter how long those posts are.
You could have a page with 500 000 words on it and another one with only 50 (25 two-word posts).
It would also be a near theoretical impossibility to fill a site's storage space merely with text.

As explained in the opening post, I've been using the slight font increase for several years now and several authors have noticed that and jumped onboard.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Personally, I don't really care about the size of the text. I use this website both on a PC and mobile, and the size is much better on mobile. I often change the size manually, by zooming in. This could be a solution, and maybe I will experiment with it.

That said, I prefer to use bbcode in Word instead of the site's editor to do these things. The command is {size=115}Some text{/size} with square brackets instead of curly ones.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic