Blindfolds?

Post polls here.

What do you think of blindfolds when tied up?

Always. It's not bondage if you can see
16%
Prefer it but not necessary
41%
Take them or leave them
31%
Not a fan
7%
Never. I want to see / want my victim to see everything that's happening
3%
Other- if not specified above please specify below
2%

Total votes: 261

Gaggedgeekgirl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Blindfolds?

Post by Gaggedgeekgirl »

The "gag snob" topic generated a couple of comments on blindfolds. So here goes.
Steak in a Tree
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Steak in a Tree »

Definitely not something I always use, but if the opportunity presents itself then i sometimes consider it.
Alisonlovesropes
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Alisonlovesropes »

So far no one seems to object to blindfolds.
Sometimes gagged, sometimes blindfold. Always barefoot.
Sheriff
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sheriff »

I like them sometimes but sometimes it's nice to see what's going on. Depends on the mood and situation
Hands behind your back....

See what I'm up to on my blog! http://www.sheriffofknots.com/
Solarbeast

Post by Solarbeast »

I chose other because really the only time I would want them specifically used on me is for a tease and denial sort of bondage event with a significant other. I currently do have a couple headgear pieces and other bondage items that have some form of blindfolds in them, but I do not use them for that specific reason.
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

As the captor, I voted "preferred but not necessary". I enjoy using them on my damsels, especially when torment is involved (tickling, spanking, etc), so they can't see what's coming next or from where. But if my damsel was against the use of a blindfold I would be ok with it, not a deal breaker.
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

I like them both in terms of how they look on a victim and because I enjoy the idea of sensory deprivation as a form of torment, but unlike gags they arent an absolute necessity.
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
gaggednbarefoot
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by gaggednbarefoot »

I love being blindfolded and blindfolding my victims but it is not essential. For me being tied up barefoot is more important than a blindfold as is having my victim's bare feet, or at least her sheer nylon feet, at my mercy.

Perfect however is tied up blindfolded, gagged, barefoot and mayne just maybe ear -plugged too.
Jason Toddman
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Jason Toddman »

I knew it was only a matter of time someone would post a thread about blindfolds when [mention]Chris12[/mention] started his thread about gags. :lol:
Personally, I hate blindfolds. Without my glasses i have very poor eyesight (was true from the time i was eight years old), and get very apprehensive if they get broken or are taken away from me for any reason, and being blindfolded is even worse. Oddly enough though, being in pitch darkness (in doors or out) doesn't bother me a bit as it levels the playing field and i have excellent night vision. But overall I like seeing what is happening to me or around me when I'm tied up; in fact for me much of the thrill is visual not tactile like it is for many other people who are into being tied up. So the surest, fastest way to wind me up when I'm tied up is to gag me, blindfold me... or both!!! :shock:
Abird
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Abird »

Can I be awkward as hell and say both yes and no? If there's a long scene, I like parts with and parts without. In a smaller context, I guess it depends. If there's a mischievous element I think it's better without so you can see the victim's face.

And then of course if it's fiction, role-play, whatever sometimes it makes sense. Easier to blindfold the captive, that way they don't know where they are or the captor's face.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Voted for "Take them or leave them".

I usually prefer to have my victim's eyes uncovered, but every now and then, it's fun to deprive them of something as basic as vision. Really depends on the mood and setting. But no, I don't consider blindfolds even remotely as important as say, a gag.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Pup
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Pup »

bondagefreak wrote: 5 years ago Voted for "Take them or leave them".

I usually prefer to have my victim's eyes uncovered, but every now and then, it's fun to deprive them of something as basic as vision. Really depends on the mood and setting. But no, I don't consider blindfolds even remotely as important as say, a gag.
I essentially agree with this from a subs perspective. I personally like having a good idea of what's going on, you can get a pretty good idea from sound, but obviously blindfolds give another area of control for the dom.
Blindfolds make a big difference in alot of situations are are certainly great if you want subs to chill out for a bit, calm down or just sensory deprivation in general IMO.
Chloe Badelaine
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Chloe Badelaine »

Yes please !
I believe now is the time that you tie me up ? But i think that you are going to need much much more rope mon cher...
Handsome Scoundrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Handsome Scoundrel »

Situational, sometimes they are great. Prefer to only use them with significant others, they seem intimate. But normally I prefer to make eye contact with my bindee's. Gags are a big deal, blindfolds to me are small potatoes.
Male, 29, with a preference for ropes, tape, and cloth. I like to do the tying and am only interested in non-sexual bondage. If you'd like to chat, send me a private message sometime!
My avatar is the work of nightwrap79 (deviantart).[/url]
naomi_myself_and_i
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by naomi_myself_and_i »

Oh my gosh, so much yes. Blindfolds are easily my favorite bondage-y thing. I'll sometimes just put one on and walk around the house like that (well, I'm sharing a dorm room right now, but, y'know, when I'm not doing that). Or make my girlfriend put one on and do things. It's fun!

That said, they're not right for every scene, so it's more that my default is yes than that it's something I'd insist on.
Tights tights tights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tights tights tights »

They do create a blissful atmosphere in bondage, but always asentural.
HHHMMMPP mmnnpph mmpph nnnpph hmm hmmm mmmnnn hhhmmhhpp
Svpmissive
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Svpmissive »

I personally don't like them, especially if I'm just trying for some light self bondage. But I have appreciated wearing them when being tied by someone new as I just feel more secure.
Either wishing to be tied up or currently tied up.
radarlove67
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by radarlove67 »

Depends on the circumstances and the partner. But I am a fan.
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

I like blindfolds in the context of a punishment. Not being able to see what your partner has prepared for you, not knowing what's about to happen is a great experience.

We ususaly use a thick, red sleeping mask as a blindfold, but scarves also work very fine.
What are you waiting for? Finally put a gag in my mouth and play with me!
Gaggedgeekgirl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gaggedgeekgirl »

Well a few months on from where the poll started and the verdict is definately in favour of blindfolds, though not essential for many.

In case you are wondering I love being blindfolded. When I'm tied up and gagged a blindfold really makes it. Harder to escape, almost claustrophobia but liberating at the same time. The passage of time is lost, are you aloe or being watched. Terror, anticipation and endless thrills. Keep me blindfolded and gagged for hours please.

Niw should I do a survey on earplugs???????
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

Earplugs are probadly to uncommon, but you could do a survey over the favorite tie up materials or positions, the favorite place to be tied up in...
Gaggedgeekgirl
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gaggedgeekgirl »

BoundJana wrote: 5 years ago Earplugs are probadly to uncommon, but you could do a survey over the favorite tie up materials or positions, the favorite place to be tied up in...
It was slightly tongue in cheek. (No gag pun intended) but positions, clothes, materials, footwear have all been done to death.
BoundJana
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BoundJana »

Gaggedgeekgirl wrote: 5 years ago [It was slightly tongue in cheek. (No gag pun intended) but positions, clothes, materials, footwear have all been done to death.
I totally agree, we already had that topics more or less. But that was also just my personal opinion and a suggestion, I just thought that a poll about earplugs wouldn't get as much feedback as other poll like this one.

This is of course no barrier for you not to do this poll, I just wanted to mention that most people haven't used earplugs.
Exelsia
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Exelsia »

I voted "Not a fan" but I have no problems with it too. But I prefer to be able to look at the sub's face clearly as I think it feels more intimate that way (also a reason why I'm not a fan of masks). But my outlook may change one day as I've never been tied up and blindfolded before. Sooooo yeaaaaa
What's better than the combination of a pair of skinny jeans, canvas belts and sneakers? One that involves ropes, duh.
Windrunner
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Windrunner »

Blindfolds are a wonderful thing in real bondage; putting one on someone I’m tying up has a couple of benefits. First, if I’m simply forgetting where I left something, instead of them being taken out of the fantasy by my forgetfulness, they can interpret the sounds as they wish - maybe I’m considering what to tie them with, or what implement of (playful) torture I’m going to use first.

When I’m the one getting tied up, I like having one used at least part of the time. It blocks out the familiar surroundings and reminders of “oh, I forgot to hang up a towel”, and lets me conjure up whatever surroundings seem to enhance the bondage - maybe a dungeon, maybe just barely hidden from view in a building looking out onto a busy street...

Also it’s fun to be able to give a bound captive a little glimpse of what’s coming (or what they *think* is coming) then slip the blindfold back on and maybe that scary-looking whip gets replaced by a much more gentle strap.

Honestly, I think a blindfold is the single most favorite part of bondage to me and I enjoy them both in real life and in fiction!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic