M/M CHARACTER SCENARIO POLL *VOTE!*

Post polls here.

SELECT ALL OF THE CHARACTER-RELATED SCENARIOS THAT ARE LIKELY TO SPARK YOUR INTEREST

PROTAGONIST VS BROTHER(S)
7%
PROTAGONIST VS STEPBROTHER(S)
6%
PROTAGONIST VS COUSIN(S)
5%
PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND(S)
8%
PROTAGONIST VS RIVAL(S)
7%
PROTAGONIST VS LOVER
4%
PROTAGONIST VS ROOMMATE(S)
7%
PROTAGONIST VS TEAMMATE(S)
7%
PROTAGONIST VS KIDNAPPER(S)
8%
PROTAGONIST VS COACH
3%
PROTAGONIST VS BOSS
3%
PROTAGONIST VS DAD
3%
PROTAGONIST VS STEPDAD
3%
PROTAGONIST VS UNCLE(S)
3%
PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND(S) OF A FRIEND
5%
PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND'S DAD
3%
PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND'S OLDER BROTHER(S)
5%
PROTAGONIST VS WORK COLLEAGUES
4%
PROTAGONIST VS POLICE/SWAT/SOLDIER(S)
5%
PROTAGONIST IN SELF-BONDAGE
3%

Total votes: 658

bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

M/M CHARACTER SCENARIO POLL *VOTE!*

Post by bondagefreak »

IF YOU'RE A READER OF M/M STORIES, THEN KEEP READING!
IF YOU'RE AN AUTHOR OF M/M STORIES, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THIS THREAD!

A year ago, we had an M/M survey of this genre and the responses were quite interesting.
However, given how the vast majority of users on this site choose to ignore and/or remain silent on surveys,
the 40+ responses were not numerous enough to get a good idea of what the readership here is into.

Polls consistently get a lot more votes than surveys do, as they don't require much effort or written responses. That being said, the site Admin was kind enough to modify the polling feature so that I'd be able to conduct polls with as many as twenty options.

The poll works the same way as the SURVEY VERSION did.

VOTE FOR THE OPTIONS THAT ARE LIKELY TO SPARK YOUR INTEREST
& FEEL FREE TO SHARE YOUR ANSWERS WITH US IN THE COMMENTS!

KEEP IN MIND, THESE OPTIONS DO NOT SPECIFY WHO'S BEING TIED UP AND WHO'S DOING THE TYING.
EX: PROTAGONIST VS BROTHER(S) COULD BE A STORY ABOUT THE MAIN CHARACTER TYING UP HIS YOUNGER BROTHER(S),
OR A STORY ABOUT A MAIN CHARACTER GETTING TIED UP BY HIS OLDER BROTHER(S).

THE DETAILS ABOUT WHO YOU'D PREFER DOING THE TYING CAN/SHOULD BE INCLUDED IN YOUR COMMENT.

SOME OF THESE SCENARIOS ARE BOUND TO TICKLE YOUR FANCY AND SPARK YOUR INTEREST MORE THAN OTHERS.
THOSE ARE THE OPTIONS THAT SHOULD GET YOUR VOTES.

1-20 VOTES PER USER
SHARE YOUR ANSWERS WITH US!

VOTE! VOTE! VOTE!

@chadmc90 @Sniffmyfeet @squirrel @OrdinaryWorld @BlueZephyr @Msueta@2 @sami200456boyfriend @GoBucks @Socksbound @The slave @gaggedfeety @Pup Wingletang @Sockbound1234 @Tsuhaya @Sockgaggedman @wataru14 @socjuc @jammer212 @Wedgieboy69 @smushboy @tugfan @luiggi87 @Ossassin @blackbound @abcdefsmith3 @puffalover @ravish @Jb99 @sws91 @harsim @Bondwriter @CorbD91 @dallen108 @Mummybag @Mitchelaiden @zzzz12333211 @MountainMan_91 @ShadowHusky @gaggedfeety @Tsuhaya @user3434658 @jammer212 @Whitestorm @gag1195 @harveygasson @Straitjacketed @KidnappedCowboy @FelixSH @Bondwriter @cj2125 @privateandrews @Hojojutsutengu @Tiedinjordans @harveygasson @Charmides @TightropesEU @Mitchelaiden @EJTied22 @ohazut @Yaru @privateandrews @Veracity @Volobond @LockedCheeseBird @DeanSummer24 @gag1195 @4toes @Mummybag @Whitestorm @Footsub @The slave @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @Gagfan @Kratos @harveygasson @Mitchelaiden @EJTied22 @Jason07 @Red86 @jammer212 @Pup @socjuc @Volobond @DeeperThanRed @Socksbound @Pup Wingletang @ShadowHusky @Sniffmyfeet @CorbD91 @Mitchelaiden @gaggedfeety @CrownedLoy76 @squirrel @Tsuhaya @Bandanasandrope @cj2125 @cherryboy @Jason07 @Sockgaggedman @DomTiesMen @Stoutland395 @wataru14 @Pup @Ossassin @MountainMan_91 @smushboy @4toes @FelixSH @Likho @harveygasson @sniffingyoursocks @Terry @OrdinaryWorld @DeanSummer24 @KidnappedCowboy @Red86 @ShortSocks @chloroboy @Killua @Msueta@2 @BDBrit @gag1195 @Volobond @User4525 @OrdinaryWorld @FelixSH @stimle @Pup Wingletang @Sockbound1234 @Ossassin @Sniffmyfeet @Msueta@2 @Mummybag @cj2125 @squirrel @GoBucks @ChiDrag221 @The slave @wataru14 @ohazut @Pup @Wedgieboy69 @The slave @DeeperThanRed @ShadowHusky @harveygasson @Straitjacketed @squirrel @gaggedfeety @Socksbound @4toes @blackbound @Gagfan @socjuc @sws91 @sniffingyoursocks @Yaru @Tiedinjordans @Volobond @Tiedinjordans @The WinterShuffle @Gagfan @Pup Wingletang @gag1195 @DeeperThanRed @4toes @Socksbound @Gerson 60 @Sockbound1234 @The WinterShuffle @The slave @Sniffmyfeet @harveygasson @Mummybag @gaggedfeety @Volobond @Red86 @ohazut @ShadowHusky @squirrel @Ossassin @Yaru @sws91 @sami200456boyfriend @DeanSummer24 @Gagfan @Wedgieboy69 @Killua @LockedCheeseBird @Finnan @Jb99 @Volobond @BlueZephyr @Red86 @Socksbound @gaggedfeety @OrdinaryWorld @gag1195 @Wedgieboy69 @Msueta@2 @4toes @harveygasson @Sockgaggedman @squirrel @GoBucks @Sockbound1234 @Ossassin @Pup Wingletang @Mummybag @KidnappedCowboy @Footsub @Gagfan @Kratos @The slave @blackbound @ShadowHusky @cj2125 @socjuc @DeanSummer24 @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @sami200456boyfriend @Batsox @JDT544 @N9292 @Mitchelaiden @Jason07 @tugfan @Whitestorm @EJTied22 @Batsox @Boston2265 @Jason07 @frankburns @vincenzotognolo22 @ChiDrag221 @BoudBoy22 @Bandanasandrope @Puppy @Socksniffer @Sockboy84GER @Lovethemsocks @RKO87 @Red86 @FelixSH @cj2125 @Pup @ShadowHusky @Pup Wingletang @Ossassin @Msueta@2 @The slave @DeeperThanRed @harveygasson @KidnappedCowboy @Socksbound @Xtc @MaxRoper @sniffingyoursocks @Trainedsub @luiggi87 @OrdinaryWorld @Volobond @privateandrews @GoBucks @socjuc @squirrel @Tiedinjordans @tugfan @gaggedfeety @Sockgaggedman @4toes @Sockbound1234 @handovermouth @Mummybag @stimle @jammer212 @gag1195 @Terry @Bondwriter @Charmides @harveygasson @4toes @LockedCheeseBird @Tiedinjordans @stimle @Sockgaggedman @Hojojutsutengu @Galuj @KidnappedCowboy @Pantyhose971 @squirrel @OrdinaryWorld @Msueta@2 @GoBucks @Socksbound @The slave @gaggedfeety @Pup Wingletang @Sockgaggedman @socjuc @jammer212 @smushboy @luiggi87 @Ossassin @blackbound @sws91 @CorbD91 @Mummybag @Mitchelaiden @zzzz12333211 @ShadowHusky @user3434658 @jammer212 @Whitestorm @KidnappedCowboy @EJTied22 @Volobond @LockedCheeseBird @Footsub @Red86 @Pup @4toes @The slave @subguybr @Trainedsub @SquashMeDown @cherryboy @sami200456boyfriend @smushboy @wataru14 @CrownedLoy76 @Gaybondage @Boston2265 @Hornysub @vincenzotognolo22 @Pantyhose971 @Jason07 @that1kid13
Last edited by bondagefreak 5 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Basically everything that isn't a (real) authority figure. Big siblings are acting like they are in authority, and they kind of are, but not really. But parents, boss, etc... isn't my thing. Siblings, cousins, friends, friends of friends, this all works for me, and all could be interchanged for stories that are to my taste. Or, more precisely, they fulfill at least similar roles.

I do enjoy teachers in stories. That could be a teacher, who ties and/or gags their students, due to bad behaviour. But I also enjoyed a story, a few months ago, where a teacher was tied up by the football team. So, it's not just about authority, elsewise I wouldn't like these stories either. That said, a story with a teacher can, to me, only be about the break of authority or the abuse of it. I don't like it, as something where the authority figure stops being one, and the parties become equals.

With parents, it just feels off. I guess, while I can enjoy the fictional idea of the authority of a teacher being broken or abused, I can't enjoy this with a parent or boss. I guess there is something deeper here, but that would probably also take way more time than it should, so I'll leave it with this.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

Not necessarily a big fan of family TUGs, so brothers and fathers don't always fall into my wheelhouse.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
sami200456boyfriend
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sami200456boyfriend »

Brothers I chose
Sockbound1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockbound1234 »

I’ll love to see business men tied up gagged with dirty rank dress socks or policemen and soldiers tied up gagged with each other’s socks
Last edited by Sockbound1234 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Tights tights tights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tights tights tights »

I chose Stepmother/s
HHHMMMPP mmnnpph mmpph nnnpph hmm hmmm mmmnnn hhhmmhhpp
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Tights tights tights wrote: 2 years ago I chose Stepmother/s
No need to troll.
Your time would be better spent creating a similar poll for the readers of whatever gender roles you prefer.
Ossassin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ossassin »

I remain curious as to the ultimate results of this poll.
KidnappedCowboy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by KidnappedCowboy »

Will tell you how I did not vote...

Just not into protagonist versus relatives.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Ossassin wrote: 2 years ago I remain curious as to the ultimate results of this poll.
I am too, though it will be important to take the ongoing results with a somewhat large grain of salt.
The issue with polls like these is that they are open to interpretation.

To give you an example, one user might vote for almost every option, while another might vote for only one or two, even though he still enjoys reading stories featuring other dynamics. Even for myself, it's hard for me to define the parameters on how this poll should be answered.

I checked 14 of the 20 boxes.
I can potentially enjoy every one of them (save for self-bondage) but decided to only focus on the ones that more often than not tickled my fancy.

I voted for the following options:

PROTAGONIST VS COUSIN(S)
PROTAGONIST VS COACH
PROTAGONIST VS BOSS
PROTAGONIST VS DAD
PROTAGONIST VS STEPDAD
PROTAGONIST VS UNCLE(S)
PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND(S) OF A FRIEND
PROTAGONIST VS WORK COLLEAGUES

And in doing so, left out options that even I write about (ex: PROTAGONIST VS LOVER, PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND, PROTAGONIST VS RIVAL) simply because I enjoy those scenarios less than 50% of the time. Seeing as how [mention]KidnappedCowboy[/mention] and [mention]sami200456boyfriend[/mention] left out many options even though they both enjoy some stories featuring those options that were left out, it seems I'm not the only one to have voted in this fashion.

In any case, the results are going to be interesting.
The poll will run indefinitely, but I'm hoping it'll get 500 votes within the next week or two.

Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

The nature of the protagonists is irrelevant to me. That a story is well written is far more important.
Personally, I write both innocent m/m and multiple m/m stories where the participants might or might not be related, and total smut featuring adults. Therefore, I enjoy both types but have a dislike of forced intimacy.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
Whitestorm
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Whitestorm »

There’s something absurdly hot IMO to be tied up by our own brother. I’m not sure why, but I really like it. It pushes a lot of buttons…
Michael-Colin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Michael-Colin »

I tend to always vote for who I would personally like to get tied up and tormented by in my fantasies, so that probably explains why I tend to pick family less, and friends/ acquaintances/ teammates more! so for what it is worth, here what I voted for and why:

- Protagonist vs Friends: It's just fun isn't it, friends playing around and humiliating one another (whether they are sexually interested in bondage or not).

- Protagonist vs Lover: I mainly imagine bondage being tried on a newbie/vanilla partner for this option and it is a scenario I enjoy quite a bit. Also allows you to get more intimate if that's your sort of thing (not that friendship can't be intimate XD).

- Protagonist vs Rivals: Always fun to have there be history between the characters which makes bondage more intense and spiteful XD

- Protagonist vs Roommates: Interesting as the two characters who previously were likely to have been strangers are living in the same room for however long, and so whatever dynamics develop will likely be long-term dynamics - for example, I would have LOVED IT if my roommate when I was at university decided, for whatever reason, to establish his dominance and tie me up for prolonged periods of time whenever he felt like it. (unfortunately things irl don't work the same way they do on tugstories but c'est la vie).

- Protagonist vs Teammates: Makes me think a lot about locker room culture, hazing, punishments, alpha males establishing dominance and tough meat-heads although I suppose it could be any sports, including leaner sports like swimming (which has the advantage of lots of hot guys wearing speedos XD). It also generally leads to one of two scenarios I enjoy very much - either when lots of people are tied up at the same time, or when one person is tied up by many others, and tormented by all of them (like worshipping all their feet :twisted: ). This of course can apply to Protagonist vs Friends too.

- Protagonist vs Kidnappers: As a sub, quite simply, I'd like to be kidnapped :lol: (not really, but I enjoy the fantasy), especially if the bondage is good. There are some of my specific fetishes/likes which are harder to integrate into a kidnapping setting (unless there are kidnappers our there who are specifically looking for guys in wetsuits to tickle and clean their feet with XD), but it has the advantage of being a very quick way to get someone tied up and gagged - a lot of the previous elements likely require a bit more build-up as to why they would engage in bondage, whereas a kidnapper has to tie someone up/subdue someone by necessity - they are literally trying to steal them!!

- Protagonist vs Friends of a Friend: It is an interesting dynamic of having one friend, who presumably the protagonist can trust (maybe), and a few unknowns that the friend knows but the protagonist does not (although that framing fits more with a narrative about the protagonist getting tied up by friends + the friends of friends - there is something enticing to me about being tied up by a friend, and then strangers getting invited into the mix to help torment me, or perhaps even join me).

- Protagonist vs Friend's Older Brother: Pretty much any order/combination of this dynamic appeals to me. Older brother tying up friend and protagonist is I imagine quite common and fun, due to the fact the older brother is the authority figure who is keeping their younger brother and annoying protagonist friend in line. If the friend, and the protagonist tie up the older brother, that is a fun subversion of that authority, and therefore extra humiliating for them. I especially like the idea of the older brother and protagonist joining forces to tie up the friend (Certainly wished I had an older brother who would tie me up with the aid of one of my friends XD).

In most of these scenarios, I have tended to view the protagonist as the victim, although in most I also don't mind which way it flips as I normally tend to identify with the sub/person who gets bound and gagged regardless :lol: Hope this was helpful.
Banner courtesy of bondagefreak ^_^
Link to story here - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7723
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

I have little interest in bondage with relatives. The closer the relative, the less I care for it. Otherwise, I have to agree with [mention]Xtc[/mention] - it has a lot more to do with the quality of the writing and hotness of the situation than with who's tying who.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Protaganist vs Kidnapper(s)
gaggedfeety
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by gaggedfeety »

As a few others have mentioned, I'm not that interested in authority figures being involved so I didn't choose dad, boss, coach. etc., although I did choose cop/SWAT...

Similarly I'm not too crazy about family members being involved: I did choose stepbrother and cousin(s), but I'd be more interested in stories with rival, lover, roommate, teammate, friend of friend, work colleague and self-bondage.
MaleBondageFun
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by MaleBondageFun »

I chose

PROTAGONIST VS COUSIN(S)
PROTAGONIST VS FRIEND(S)
PROTAGONIST VS RIVAL(S)
PROTAGONIST VS TEAMMATE(S)
PROTAGONIST VS KIDNAPPER(S)
PROTAGONIST VS COACH

I enjoy all of these greatly, however Friend's Dad and Friend's Older Brother(s) have always appealed to me since I first discovered my interest in TUG.
Tights tights tights
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tights tights tights »

bondagefreak wrote: 2 years ago
Tights tights tights wrote: 2 years ago I chose Stepmother/s
No need to troll.
Your time would be better spent creating a similar poll for the readers of whatever gender roles you prefer.
Oh hi.. OK I'm sorry, I was not trolling, I just mistook stepBROTHER for stepmother and didn't realise I make a mistake until I saw your reply! OK in that case, make that KIDNAPPER/S.
HHHMMMPP mmnnpph mmpph nnnpph hmm hmmm mmmnnn hhhmmhhpp
Bradstick
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bradstick »

I really enjoy an story so long as it is written well. A story on any of these subjects could be fun and entertaining so long as it is written well.

The only ones I did not vote for were the brother/father ones. Cousins and uncles I tend to not mind as much but I don’t really like the father/brother stories unless the written very well.

The other one I did not vote for was self-bondage. I do not find self-bondage interesting at all. It usually doesn’t end well and it gives me more stress that enjoyment when reading about it. The brother/father ones I will still read and usually I will still enjoy them if they written well, but self bondage I find very hard to get through.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Thanks for the 500+ votes, guys!
The poll is still open for those who may want to participate. Cheers!

Ducttape1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ducttape1234 »

For me it's cousins or room mates lol I always love the thought of being the annoying room mate or annoying my cousins to a point where they've had enough of me and breakout the duct tape 😁😅
I'll tie you if you tie me :D
Knotted
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Knotted »

I think you forgot an obvious choice here...Cowboy :D
A profession which should always have a Lasso at hand.
Send a PM and tie me up ;)
Save a horse, ride a Cowboy!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic