99.9 %
14%

Total votes: 81

uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

How many people enjoy being tied up?

Post by uemndlr »

How common is it to enjoy being tied up, after all? What do you think how many people in average would agree to play a TUG and enjoy themselves?

Or maybe you know of any opinion polls or the like on this issue?

I ask about being tied up, not about tying up, because that is the somewhat less obvious preference, isn't it? (If you disagree with this, we could open a new thread to discuss it.)
U+101D3
Bigballgag1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bigballgag1 »

I picked on 30% in terms of the world population on average. Despite recent films like fifty shades the subject is still quite taboo in some areas and quite a niche interest. Obviously there is no way of knowing for sure and some people would choose to keep the interest hidden and not explore it. Unless we make this poll mandatory across the world! :lol:
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

This paper https://www.researchgate.net/publicatio ... cognitions
says that in 1999 (so, before the 50 shades!) 72.2% of men and 58.8% of women report as positive being tied up.
(Which is cited here: https://web.archive.org/web/20141230113 ... edings.pdf page 154, as "65% have fantasies about being tied up")

This article https://www.wochenblatt.de/archiv/umfra ... uen-109735
cites a poll that 13% of men and 32% of women like to be tied up for sex.

A playboy poll cited here https://www.focus.de/kultur/kino_tv/sex ... 63999.html says 20% have tried bondage sex.

BUT... that is all during sex. And Captain Obvious reports that during sex, many people do things they wouldn't do otherwise.

What about playful tie-up games among friends? Although a certain erotic component might be involved, it doesn't have to lead to more sexual activity. Would people enjoy being tied up on a party, in a college dorm, at a stag night, for a theatre play...?
U+101D3
milagros317
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by milagros317 »

I would guess 25% but that is not among the choices.
:ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

Well, just pick 20 or 30 %, whatever you prefer... I don't think we need it so precisely :-)

Interesting results so far... That means in a random outdoor barbecue party, when the kids storm in dressed up as pirates and declare that they need a prisoner for their game, there's at least one person who would gladly volunteer!
U+101D3
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Post by JulieG »

[mention]uemndlr[/mention] has linked to studies with very high rates s. If these are true then next time you are in a supermarket work, on a train look roumd. How many people around you like being tied hp. How many get tied up regularly? The man in hardware shop buying padlocks or chain link. The woman buying scarves in the charity shop. Washing line and duct tape in a basket of groceries. In your office, how many of your colleagues will be tied up tonight.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

JulieG wrote: 1 year ago @uemndlr has linked to studies with very high rates s. If these are true then next time you are in a supermarket work, on a train look roumd. How many people around you like being tied hp. How many get tied up regularly? The man in hardware shop buying padlocks or chain link. The woman buying scarves in the charity shop. Washing line and duct tape in a basket of groceries. In your office, how many of your colleagues will be tied up tonight.
I admit, I have often gone through the females in my office at least trying to work out if they'd be domme or sub.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

When I was growing up, I don't think me or my friends really LIKED being tied up (and gagged), but there were a couple of us that sometimes asked to be tied, so they could demonstrate their skills at getting free.

Also, as I have previously said, while most of us weren't avid fans of being tied up, we tolerated it, because the thing we really liked, was tying and gagging our friends, and we all knew that if one of us was tied at 10:00, he'd, in all probability, be tying someone else before noon.

Often, two (or more) of us would get tied with each other because we got it in to our heads that danger or adventure was always more fun if it was shared, and while most of us were loathe to admit it, when we had a sleepover, some of us thought it was a great adventure, pretending that a friend or two was (were) burglars, who left us tied us up in the bedroom. Sometimes early, while we were still dressed; sometimes late, after we had changed into pajamas.

Drawscore
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by JulieG »

Reidy wrote: 1 year ago
JulieG wrote: 1 year ago @uemndlr has linked to studies with very high rates s. If these are true then next time you are in a supermarket work, on a train look roumd. How many people around you like being tied hp. How many get tied up regularly? The man in hardware shop buying padlocks or chain link. The woman buying scarves in the charity shop. Washing line and duct tape in a basket of groceries. In your office, how many of your colleagues will be tied up tonight.
I admit, I have often gone through the females in my office at least trying to work out if they'd be domme or sub.
I think that's a man thing. I've never gone round the office guessing but I have sometimes wondered when some women come in wearing long sleeves and thick black tights on days like today ,when most of us in UK are in selfless dresses.and sandals, are.they hiding something.
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

JulieG wrote: 1 year ago
I think that's a man thing. I've never gone round the office guessing but I have sometimes wondered when some women come in wearing long sleeves and thick black tights on days like today ,when most of us in UK are in selfless dresses.and sandals, are.they hiding something.

You've given me another reason to scan the office after lunch. It's a slow day, might as well let the mind wander.
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by JulieG »

You've given me another reason to scan the office after lunch. It's a slow day, might as well let the mind wander.
FYI

Pairs of tights worn 0
Pairs of socks worn (excluding men) 0
Bare feet in office Friday afternoon 3 pairs
Rope marks seen 0
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

FYI

Pairs of tights worn 0
Rope marks seen 0
No bare feet, one girl with long sleeves on an extremely warm day.

May require further research.
Quintus09

Post by Quintus09 »

FYI

Pairs of tights worn 0
Rope marks seen 0
No bare feet, one girl with long sleeves on an extremely warm day.

May require further research.
Lots of girls.at.school barefoot at lunch.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

It's hard to say without looking at statistics and reports. Most people aren't very open about their kinks and you can't tell what people are into just by looking at them. If you looked at me for example, you would never guess in a million years that I was a crossdresser who likes getting tied up.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
uemndlr
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by uemndlr »

As far as I remember, only once I came to the office with rope marks, and they would have been noticeable perhaps in the first hour, if someone had looked closely.

And I'd say that me as a child, I enjoyed the feeling of being tied up, but of course not sexually.

You know what I mean: :-)
U+101D3
GirlBondage
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GirlBondage »

As I mentioned here in another of my posts, I am sure that over 80% of women are interested in being tied up.

When I asked girlfriends in an evening in a conversation with another person involved whether it pleases her to be tied up, then the vast majority of course deny. Who admits in front of another person that he likes to be tied up?

However, if you are alone with a person, take a piece of rope in your hand and gently press your hands together, then most people are willing to have their hands tied in front of their body. I think it is important to tie the hands of the person first in front of the body, so that the person sees that you have tied someone up before and that there is a certain professional technique behind it. This can be continued by tying the person's hands to the bed.

You should then free the person on your own after a not too long time. This shows the person that there is no evil intention behind it and creates the necessary trust for further and more complicated bondage.

At this point, the interest is awakened in nearly all of the women. It is the famous blind spot in the psyche of most women that is then illuminated.

When I read here in the forum, then it was with most so that they knew nothing about the desire to be tied up until they were tied up for the first time.
I just think that most then do not follow it up or live it out of shame only intimately with their partner.
micoAi
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by micoAi »

I'm honestly surprised at some of the results shown here.

I don't know if my region is more "taboo" or what, but when i'm in my group of friends, hardly anyone (if at all) would show an interest of being restrained. That makes it harder to play games and try out bonds.

But, i guess statictics prove me wrong. I'm gonna guess that the probability overall is around 20%-30% on avearege?
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by JulieG »

After a few drinks with the girls, I'd say over half have at least INE made some comment about crying their man up. A lot was probably joking but there were probably some. As forr actually being into it. Hard to say. I've had a couple of relationships with other women where we've tied each other up.
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

I once read a study that said half of married couples had tried bondage, and of those, about half did it regularly (so 25% of them all for the mathematically challenged). That's about sexual bondage, but it gives you an idea. I suspect the number of people who simply like to tie up someone or be tied up for the sake of it is probably lower than that.

But I'd guess it's pretty common for people to at least be mildly interested what it's like. Think of kids reading about or watching a scene where someone gets kidnapped and think "what would that be like?" That's not the same thing as enjoying it, though.
MissEmpressive

Post by MissEmpressive »

I love being tied up ever since i was first as a kid. Its a fascination that has carried deeply into my adulthood
Quintus09

Post by Quintus09 »

MissEmpressive wrote: 1 year ago I love being tied up ever since i was first as a kid. Its a fascination that has carried deeply into my adulthood
I’m 13 and have loved tying myself up for a few years. I’d love to be tied up by a girl.
Likho
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Likho »

From my observations, very few. Certainly far fewer than some of us think. And surprisingly few people enjoy tying up others.

I personally found that the mere suggestion of tying me up seemed distasteful to some of my colleagues. They reacted with almost physical disgust. Therefore, in my opinion, it is a very bad idea to propose such games to people who are not into BDSM. Maybe some will agree once to try it, but it is almost guaranteed that they will find it at least unpleasant for them.

It is a little different among children, who are more likely to enjoy playing tie-up games with each other, but as they grow up there is also a growing disgust with such games. However, I am personally not comfortable with games where adults tie up children. Although as a child I often fantasised about being tied up by an uncle or even a strange man (preferably a military man).
Princess_Stinkfoot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Princess_Stinkfoot »

I picked 10%. Bondage is one of the most common fetishes, but I don't think a lot of people are into it. One in ten seems like a good number I think. More people probably prefer doing the tying vs getting tied.
I'm Gabby, but you can call me Princess Stinkfoot! I am known for having super smelly feet! I like tickling others feet and watching their reactions. I am the girlfriend of Piggyboy. ^-^
Mr Underheel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mr Underheel »

Princess_Stinkfoot wrote: 1 year ago I picked 10%. Bondage is one of the most common fetishes, but I don't think a lot of people are into it. One in ten seems like a good number I think. More people probably prefer doing the tying vs getting tied.
Agreed! I have found that many more women are into doing the tying than are willing to allow themselves to be tied.
Windrunner
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Windrunner »

I'd probably break the question down a little.

How many people have, at least at some point in their life, seen or heard or read something that made them at least imagine themselves in the place of someone who is tied up? I'd guess a very high percentage.

Now, how many people have started an activity - whether it be a game for kids, or something more adult for adults, with the hope that they would be tied up, even if in a very minor way? I still think the percentage is pretty high, well north of 50%.

If you make the question "how many people would, in the right circumstance, opt for being put into 'real' bondage by another person" - and I'd count 'real' bondage as anything you can't readily free yourself from and that leaves you unable to do some things you would otherwise be able to do - call it hands tied behind the back as a minimum. I think it's probably 40-50%. Anecdotal stories told to me over the years by even vanilla friends often indicate that they have done this at least once, and while they might not do it again, at least considering the idea of being tied up is arousing to them.

Then I think we get to people (like me and probably a few others here) who have been tied up or tied others up multiple times, and possibly do so on a semi-regular basis. I think it's still a significant percentage (maybe 25?) if you consider mild bondage that the person can likely free themselves from.

And finally, those (again, I'm still in this group) who actively pursue and engage in opportunities to tie up others or be tied up where the bondage is more than trivial (multiple ropes with some particular position in mind, leather restraints, cuffs and locks) and the bondage itself is at least as important as any other activity that's going on at the same time. I suspect we're probably a minority (maybe a little under 10%?) but happily there are now a lot more ways for us to connect. Without dating myself, I'll say that in my early years, there were some magazines and very early BBS's, but it took time and effort to find someone either close enough or with enough common interests that I'd hop on a plane to visit.

Today? So many wonderful opportunities, and so much less stigma. Heck, earlier this year, I went with a partner to a rope tutorial given in a popular public park. There were rules - clothes stay on, and it's a bondage class, not a bondage-and-make-out class. But the park had people walking dogs, the occasional family with kids, and lots of bicyclists. Probably 30% of them at least paused to confirm "yep, it's a couple dozen people tying each other up", some just glanced and kept going (I think it's an every couple months event), and not a single person had a negative reaction. Life is grand. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic