What makes a gag effective?

Post polls here.

You can be right next to the woman on the bed and not hear any whimpers.
6%
You can be right outside the door of the room she's in and not hear her moans.
63%
You can be downstairs (or upstairs) and not hear her cries for help.
28%
You won't hear her cries outside the house.
3%

Total votes: 68

lanadelgagged
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by lanadelgagged »

Let us picture a family home with two floors, in its second floor there is a bedroom where a woman has been left on the bed, bound and gagged. Given the example, when would you consider the gag is effective?
Bondage writer and graphic designer. https://www.deviantart.com/lanadelgagged
Put a sock in it!
ThatDino
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ThatDino »

"Inaudible just outside the bedroom" was my choice as I am personally a big fan of gagged moaning and grunting. If a captive is entirely silenced, that very important damsel characteristic is lost.
GagFan96
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GagFan96 »

ThatDino wrote: 1 year ago "Inaudible just outside the bedroom" was my choice as I am personally a big fan of gagged moaning and grunting. If a captive is entirely silenced, that very important damsel characteristic is lost.
I completely agree
WillHBonney
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by WillHBonney »

Is the first option even possible without suffocating the captive?
To completely silence a captive you'd need to cover their nose but I don't think you can do that without stopping them from breathing. Maybe I'm wrong, genuinely curious if anyone has ever managed to do this?
Last edited by WillHBonney 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Jennyjay
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Jennyjay »

[mention]lanadelgagged[/mention]

Does it make a difference WHY she is tied up and gagged in the bedroom?
lanadelgagged
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by lanadelgagged »

Jennyjay wrote: 1 year ago @lanadelgagged

Does it make a difference WHY she is tied up and gagged in the bedroom?
It doesn't, I merely use the bedroom as a reference point
Put a sock in it!
BratBinder7
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by BratBinder7 »

Just outside the bedroom for both real-life and stories.

Real-life because there isn't really a way to gag someone so effectively that they can't make a sound without completely blocking off the airway which, of course, is dangerous. Plus, like some other have said, a someone that can grunt and moan while they tug on their restraints is more entertaining to the captor.

The reason I like it in stories is because it provides a sense of tension. The reader knows that if the captive keeps making enough noise at just the right time, they have a chance of being found. It also works a good plot device if you need to make the number of captives increase as you can use the gagged captive as a lure so the captor can sneak up on the newcomer
I don't care who it is, one of us better be gagged by the end of this.
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Post by JulieG »

In the ideal world, silence right next to her, but in reality she can’t be heard outside the house. Maybe it’s enough to not be heard down stairs, but she could probably make other noises.p to be heard besides shouting.

If you ever wanted to test this out please do contact me and I’ll be your test subject.
Bunnyo

Post by Bunnyo »

I'd like to be able to make some faint whimpers, maybe some soft moans, but nothing more.
That would probably require some layered gag magic to make it work , but hey, one can dream of that!
It would also make a nice combo to be blindfolded too, after all, in cases such as this, the captor DEFINITELY wants no chance of escape from you.
lanadelgagged
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by lanadelgagged »

Very insightful comments here! The point that I was trying to get across is that, complete silence is not only virtually impossible, but it also takes away from the captive's appeal. The same applies to restraints, there can be 100% effective bonds but if they leave no room for the captive to struggle then what's the point. My own choice was Option 2 in this case.

[mention]Bunnyo[/mention]

I agree with you on that one too. When the captor definitely doesn't want you to vocalise your screams, they'd probably use layers to make an efficient job. But not complete silence, you'd be muffled to a reasonable point. And a blindfold would dwindle your chances of considerably too
Put a sock in it!
SwitchStruggle
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SwitchStruggle »

I voted “Just outside the room” for the reason that I love the idea of hearing gagged moans. Also makes it interesting if someone happens to walk by while the captive struggles and cries for help.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

Hearing the captive moaning, makes the experience more exciting and fun. I'm sure most captives enjoy being able to moan and groan, total silence would be boring for both parties. :(
some_wanderer
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by some_wanderer »

Anyone tried Option A?

Everyone's comment about it is blocking airways.

What if let us say putting some tubes that they use in hospitals or tiny straws to the nose then taping the nose shut.

Just giving an idea.
If your story has a little sister tied up by their brother,

I'll be there with comment and rating 👍
Kyle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Kyle »

It's not realistic to think you aren't going to hear someone next to you. Even right outside the door is stretching it, but it can be done. I voted for that one as if your goal is really to keep someone quiet, that's probably the best realistic option. I kind of like the captive to be fairly quiet and hard to understand, but a little noise from close range is preferable, anyway, to me.
leconteur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by leconteur »

Kyle wrote: 1 year ago It's not realistic to think you aren't going to hear someone next to you. Even right outside the door is stretching it, but it can be done. I voted for that one as if your goal is really to keep someone quiet, that's probably the best realistic option. I kind of like the captive to be fairly quiet and hard to understand, but a little noise from close range is preferable, anyway, to me.
Exactly, unless of course I am tied up on the bed next to her and our captor has put on me some noise canceling headphones. Even a real good gag should still allow the captive to make some sound. If they cannot make any sound its not a safe gag IMO.
33/m/rope bunny Always willing to answer questions and provide guidance where it is requested.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic