Regarding story settings

Post polls here.

In which settings do you like stories to be set in?

Poll runs till 1 year from now

- Real world, mundane events: Stories set in familiar settings and with ordinary characters, things may get cheesy or slightly unrealistic for example, everyone knows hot to tie a knot, everyone agrees to a tie up game etc) but never outright impossible. (Story example: All in the Family)
58%
- Real world, extraordinary events: Stories that despite being set in our world also include more ficticios elements, for example: Characters may in some sort of adventure where they constantly find themselves tied up yet always escape (Or maybe don't) (Story example: The Files of Art)
33%
- Full on fantasy: Stories set either on the far future, distant past or made up worlds with their own rules and unique elements (Story example Riders of the Midnight Sun)
10%

Total votes: 40

banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Regarding story settings

Post by banshee »

Something which I've been wondering for a while, even though I suspect the most voted option will be the first I'm still curious to see the results.

I included some story examples in case my explanation doesn't suffice.
smokeyfoggynight

Post by smokeyfoggynight »

I'm gonna have to go with the first option. If the stories are too fantastical, they tend to be less relatable.
Treville
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Treville »

Since I have sort of a damsel/dude in distress -fetish I prefer real-world stories with extraordinary events.
Sablesword
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Sablesword »

I'm all in for fantasy and science fiction, including alternate-history, but excluding "masquerade" settings where supernatural or science-fiction elements secretly exist in what is supposedly the real world. But then I read (and write) fiction for the escapism, and a well-built setting can provide a distilled dose of the Good Stuff.
tomato
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tomato »

Nooo! Why make me choose one? All stories, regardless of setting, can be great in their own right.

Whether the setting be in the modern day U.S or in a far-off Kingdom of fantasy, each one can have an amazing plot, unique characters, and of course, moments of helpless bondage!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic