M/M SOCKGAG-RELATED SURVEY

Post polls here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

To participate, simply answer the questions below. Feel free to elaborate on your response when you feel it's appropriate.

1 - Do you generally prefer consensual sockgags or non-consensual ones?

2 - Do you have a preference for the colour and type of sock used? (ex: tube, ankle, crew) If so, please specify.

3 - Do you generally find yourself enjoying stories that feature photo(s) of the socks being used a gags?

4 - On a scale of 1-10 (1=clean sock, 10=putrid sock) rate your preference for the cleanliness of sockgags.

5 - Does the sock's wearer have any influence on how turned on/excited you are by a sockgag?

6 - Are sockgags being overused in stories here? Have they lost some of their appeal? Be honest.

7 - Choose your THREE favourite sockgag-related scenarios:
Victim is gagged with his own sock
Victim is gagged with his friend's sock
Victim is gagged with his kidnaper's sock
Victim is gagged with his lover's sock
Victim is gagged with his younger brother's sock
Victim is gagged with his older brother's sock
Victim is gagged with his dad's sock
Victim is gagged with his uncle's sock
Victim is gagged with his cousin's sock
Victim is gagged with an anonymous/unknown guy's sock
Victim is gagged with a rival's sock
Victim is gagged with his friend's older brother's sock
Victim is gagged with his friend's dad's sock
Victim is gagged with his friend's uncle's sock
Victim is gagged with his coach's sock
Victim is gagged with his boss' sock
Victim is gagged with his teammate's sock
Victim is gagged with his roommate's sock
Other (specify)

8 - Now go over the list again, and this time choose the THREE options that you think would be the most HUMILIATING for the victim? Keep in mind, these are not necessarily your favourites.

9 - If you could be gagged with the socks of any fictional character from the TUG stories here, whose socks would you choose?

Additional question for you sockgag fanatics out there:

If you had to choose a favourite among the following three story scenarios, which d'you think you'd be prone to enjoying most?

Note that the examples given are just examples to illustrate how such a scenario would potentially play out.
Feel free to skip the examples and come up with your own if the ones provided don't tickle your fancy.

Scenario A - Captor gags victim with his own sock(s).
Ex: A group of college dudes gang up on one of the guys in their dorm and tie him up for his 20th birthday.
The protesting guy gets wrestled down and forcefully tied up by his friends. His musty socks are then removed and used as gags to stop him from calling out for help while the hazing continues.

Scenario B - Captor uses his own sock(s) to gag the victim.
Ex: A group of friends fooling around with tape decide to take down one of their own and mummify his ass up.
After a solid fifteen minutes of arduous taping, the guys eventually tire of hearing their mummified friend's loud laughs and screams, causing one of guys in the room to pull one of his shoes off, peel his sock off and forcefully use it to stuff-gag the mummy's mouth.

Scenario C - Captor uses someone else's sock(s) to gag the victim.
Ex: Group of teenage guys wrestling around during a sleepover. One of the kid's (the mouthiest one) gets ganged up on by the other teens and gets tied down into a really strict and somewhat excessive hogtie. The deafening screams and laughs echoing out of the victim's mouth threaten to alert the parents and neighbours, so the teenage host comes up with the clever idea of fetching his own father's pungent work socks from the laundry hamper, before using them as a gag to keep his friend quiet for the night.

IF YOU'VE NOT YET ANSWERED THE OTHER M/M STORY RELATED POLLS, CLICK ON THESE LINKS:

M/M UNDERWEAR GAG SURVEY
M/M SHOE-SNIFFING SURVEY
M/M HANDGAG SURVEY
M/M BONDAGE SCENARIO STORY SURVEY
Last edited by bondagefreak 2 years ago, edited 12 times in total.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

Ossassin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ossassin »

1. Consensual non consensual, like a semi agreed or a it happens in a consensual situation in a sorta consensual fashion.
2. No real preference, but mostly through a lack of practice.
3. I don't care either way if their are pictures.
4. 7-8 but my preference is fairly worn and nasty but still like clean of dust and particulates and stuff like that. Like they have been worn for ages with sweat and yuck but not like they have been worn outside of shoes. Fiddly I know.
5. I have to like the sock wearer as in they have to be the one to do this to me, but in the context of fiction an emotional connection is what is needed positive or negative.
6. Sock gags can on occasion be over used, you need to either give it a unique reason or really give it detail. Don't do multiple sock gags just cause, you need to make the sock gags impact a bit more powerful.
7. Rivals sock is awesome, Crushes sock is also great, bully's sock is fun too
On a side note I'm not particularly into the intergenerational family bondage stories but that's just my preference.
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

1 - Non-consensual gags are always more fun. Sock gags are no exception.

2 - Black dress socks and white ankle/tube socks are my favorites.

3 - Yes, very much so.

4 - 6. Some sweat is nice, but too dirty socks can be a turn-off.

5 - Yep. It's hot when someone is gagged with his captive's socks or his own.

6 - I think they are somewhat overused, but they can be still effective. (Btw, I'd be interested in seeing more undie gags)

25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
Sockbound1234
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sockbound1234 »

1 - I like both sockgags.

2 - I like any colour socks and type I prefer ankle and crew socks.

3 - I love reading the stories with rank sock gags and u need to feature more pics of the socks.

4 - 8-10 socks need to be very rank sweaty.

5 - yes I think I get turned on by sock gag scenes.

6 - No the gags are never overused Its still more fun

7 - My favourite ones are
Victim is gagged with own socks
Victim is gagged with older brothers socks
Victim is gagged with dads socks

For the second answer I would most humiliating would be victim being gagged with gym teacher/ coaches
Last edited by Sockbound1234 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
squirrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by squirrel »

1) I think both are cool, but non consensual seem to be more fun

2) Not really

3) I do, the pictures help to visualize the scene

4) 8-10 is great. Anything less is not worth the trouble :)

5) Well, the hotter the wearer is the hotter the socks seem to me

6) Definitely not. There is never too much of sock gagging

7) Dad's socks, uncle's socks, rival socks
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: SQUIRREL'S STORIES

Havok978
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Havok978 »

1. Non consensual is definitely more fun lol, but consensual is fine too.
2. I’ve always been partial to classic white athletic socks. Ankles are great for gags. Anything is good to be forced to sniff lol.
3. Sometimes. Depends on the socks being shown (see next answer)
4. I’m gonna say, maybe like 5-7? Noticeably worn, maybe a bit uncomfortable, but after a certain point it’s too much.
5. I’m gonna say probably yes.
6. To be honest, I haven’t been around here nearly enough lately to have an opinion on this.
7. Hmmm. They’re all so good, but I’ll go with
Rival’s sock
Friend’s sock
Kidnapper’s sock
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

1. As long as there's plenty of the victim making gagged noises, I like both. I don't know that I've seen enough consensual sock gags to judge one over the other.
2. I don't have much of a preference, actually.
3. I don't really care for just looking at the socks. I'd rather see them "in use" as a gag if I had to see them.
4. In real life, probably 1, but in fiction, anywhere along the scale.
5. Definitely yes. An attractive wearer makes for a more attractive gag, I think.
6. Okay, personally, I never really got the appeal of sock gags, not having a liking for stuff like that, until I read "Bound and Gagged in a Sleeping Bag." It really got me into the emotional and imaginative appeal for sock gags, so I'd have to say that they still have appeal now for me in stories, but they still aren't my favorite gag and I wouldn't mind seeing a greater variety. I don't know about overused, per se, but I think there's definitely room for other gags.
7. Victim is gagged with his: own sock, lover's sock (especially if the two are tied together and the lover is gagged with the victim's sock), rival's sock

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
GoBucks
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GoBucks »

Definitely non-consensual. It's not nearly as fun when the victim calmly accepts it.

2 - Do you have a preference for the colour and type of sock used? (ex: tube, ankle, crew) If so, please specify.

I like socks that are used in sports, so probably tube or ankle. Also like smelly sheer dress socks.

3 - Do you generally find yourself enjoying stories that feature photo(s) of the socks being used a gags?

Yes, keep it up with those dirty pics!

4 - On a scale of 1-10 (1=clean sock, 10=putrid sock) rate your preference for the cleanliness of sockgags.

I guess I don't have a death wish, so I'll go with 8.

5 - Does the sock's wearer have any influence on how turned on/excited you are by a sockgag?

Yes, the look of the guy has a big influence on how turned on I am. I need to be attracted to the guy. They must be masculine. A more feminine twink type's dirty socks wouldn't turn me on. Face is probably the most important feature for me.

6 - Are sockgags being overused in stories here? Have they lost some of their appeal? Be honest.

Uh no. Every story should have them.

7 - Choose your THREE favorite sockgag-related scenarios:
1. Victim is gagged with his kidnapper's sock
2. Victim is gagged with his dad's sock
3. Victim is gagged with an anonymous/unknown guy's sock
Msueta@2
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Msueta@2 »

1 non consensual
2 white socks
3 yes
4 no
5 no
6 no
7 younger brother older brother older cousin
ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

1 - Non-consensual is always more fun, has better reactions.

2 - Black socks always have an appeal to me, and crew types socks have always been on the top of my list

3 - Absolutely, not much I need to say. But yes.

4 - As long as the sock is purely reeking from use on a foot and not other gross sources. Give me a 12/10 It's when socks have been came into or stuff not involving sweat it just gets dangerously unhygienic.

5 - Yes, absolutely. The manlier a man is really making it a strong attraction. Fem style is interesting, but not appealing to me.

6 - Not to me at least, I still enjoy them as much as the next guy as long as they're used well.

Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

I like non-consensual sock gags in stories, but in a real-life situation, only consensual ones of course! If a sub really doesn't want a sock gag then it would be wrong to force him to take it.

Socks should be white or black and of the type that athletic guys wear. Dress socks don't do it for me. I assume that tube socks are the socks worn by soccer players? They're very nice for making cleave gags and blindfolds! Ankle socks are nice to use underneath a tape gag, as they fit perfectly inside a sub's mouth. And crew socks are in between those two options. Slightly too big to fit comfortably inside a sub's mouth and too short to tie them nicely around the sub's head.

Oh yes!

5 - The sock should have a nice, masculine smell and it should really taste of sweaty feet. But it doesn't turn me on if a white sock has turned yellow, brown or black because of dirt and grime. Nor do I like it when hairs are stuck to the fabric.

Of course it does! For me, the wearer should be around my age ±10 years; too young is a turn-off and too-old is even worse.

Sock gags are not necessarily overused, but the sock's wearer is too old or too young a lot of times. But I'm sure there are others who get immensely turned on by the thought of gagging on their dad's socks, so to each their own! As long as it ticks the right boxes (see my answers to the previous questions), there can really be no overuse of sock gags!

Being gagged with your own socks is not humiliating enough - you know exactly how long you did wear them and you know your own cleanliness. It's the unknown that kicks in that makes it humiliating when you're gagged with another dude's sweaty socks. You don't know how long he has worn them and you are forced to taste and smell the sweat that has trickled into them during that time.
Trainedsub
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trainedsub »

Non-consensual
I have a pretty small mouth, so generally lowcut
yes
absolutely
yes.
Victim is gagged with his kidnaper's sock ✅
Victim is gagged with his lover's sock✅
Victim is gagged with a rival's sock✅
Please sir... Not that again, I promise I’ll be good-
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Thanks for the responses so far, guys.
Still hoping for at least ten more answers.
Come on, folks.
Stop lurking and start posting!

sniffingyoursocks
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by sniffingyoursocks »

Non-consensual ones, so I agree to the most guys here. It is way more fun if the victim struggles or puts up a fight (real or not) showing off how he doesn't wants to be gagged with that sock.

I do like most of socks as a gag, though if I had to choose, I'd definitely pick white crew socks the most. They just turn me on the most, don't know exactly why. Tube socks are hot too, especially if the wearer is hot. And ankle socks fit perfectly into a sub's mouth, even both of them. Still I like crew socks more, because they look hotter on a guy in my opinion. And maybe because they are mostly thicker than ankle socks...

I really LOVE those! It's a massive turn on when you see that sock the poor guy is gagged with.

I'll go for a good 9. My choice was between 8 and 9 - and I took 9, because I sniffed and tasted a few guy's socks, and they were mostly pretty sweaty and some even close to putrid...and I realized I liked them more if they were really smelly and sweaty. As squirrel wrote it right, everything less isn't worth the trouble ;-)

Of course! The hotter the guy is, the bigger the chance is that I wonder what kind of socks he is wearing and how they'd smell and taste. (sick, I know. Haha) So when the guy is hot, I'm more willing to accept a putrid sock in my mouth :)

I don't think so. I think it's good to bring some variety to the stories. But if it fits, and especially in your stories they mostly fit, a good sockgag is REALLY hot, and is lifting the story up, in my opinion.

That was a hard choice, Sir. I'd have took "Victim is gagged with his older brother's sock" and "Victim is gagged with his younger brother's sock" into my TOP 5 as well. So that's my top 3, in this order.
CrazyAsianGuy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by CrazyAsianGuy »

Ill have a go a this as well.

-Both to be honest.

-Yes, ankle or crew but more towards ankle or anything smaller like the "no shows" or w/e theyre called, and it has to be white like all white not the white with the great heel and toe stuff.

-Yes, it aids in the imagination process.

-1-7

-Yes

-Defiantly not used enough, but what has made it some what lost its appeal is that most people dont put enough detail on how/what the sock is or where it came from or what color or its condition.

-Victim is gagged with his own sock
-Victim is gagged with his friend's sock
-Victim is gagged with his kidnaper's sock
Johnsnow
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Johnsnow »

Definitely non-consensual.
No not in general.
Not any more than other photos in general.
7-9
Yeah for sure
Maybe a little bit but in general a sock-gag won't make our break a story for me. I only really like it when I am actually in the situation.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

I'm still holding out for more responses, especially from those of you who I bothered tagging.
But after compiling the various answers to question #7 (along with my own), here are the results so far:

The three most popular responses were:
VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS RIVAL'S SOCK
VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS DAD'S SOCK
VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS KIDNAPER'S SOCK

Other popular responses are:
VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS OLDER BROTHER'S SOCK
VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS LOVER'S SOCK
VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS OWN SOCK
VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS FRIEND'S SOCK

VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS FRIEND'S DAD'S SOCK, VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS UNCLE'S SOCK and VICTIM IS GAGGED WITH HIS COUSIN'S SOCK each get two votes, while other options get one or no votes at all.

Harlequinn
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Harlequinn »

1. Non consensual
2. N/A
3. Yes
4. 7
5. Yes, preferably the owner is the one applying the gag.
6. I enjoy sockgags but my main kink is for really long thick handgags .
7. Victim is being sick gagged by father for complaining about being grounded.

Victim is sockgagged by older brother to humiliate him.

Victim is sockgagged by father simply because he felt like it.
beserkade12
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by beserkade12 »

1. Non-consensual (adds to the fun ☺️)
2. A nice white sock that’s gone a bit grey from being worn so much
3. Makes no difference to me, a nice description does the job
4. 9/10. There’s nothing more humiliating than a sour vinegary tasting sock, but if we’re talking fungal I’M OUT 😂
5. Especially exciting if it’s the socks worn by my kidnapper
6. Can’t say it is, most of my experiences in bondage have been with sock gags so I guess they’re just a popular thing outside of this forum. I do wish more fictional stories would try more out-there gags though, like being gagged with food stuffing or something wacky
7. 1 - gagged with kidnapper’s sock, 2 - gagged with friend’s sock, 3 - gagged with rival’s sock
If bondage is a cake then a gag is the icing ⛓
Gagfan
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gagfan »

Essentially Im going to answer this from a fictional standpoint. I like what I read in fiction to be much crueler than anything Id want to experience in real life. (for instance the idea of being a victim of [mention]bondagefreak[/mention] is incredibly exciting and arousing, but realistically id be mortified to be his guest haha)

1: non-consensual, really like the idea of a victim who signed up for something consensual but to their horror it gets very overkill and when they protest they get roughly silenced
2: No color preference or style preference really, just of sufficient thickness and size that the victim's mouth is solidly packed
3: Visual aids are always fun
4: 10, want to gag to be a torture in its own right.
5: depends on the context of the scenario, but in general yes
6: Id say own sock, lover's sock, kidnapper's sock in no particular order.
For my stories I haven't gotten around to posting here: https://gagfan.wordpress.com/
tugfan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tugfan »

- Both ways are good but non-consensual are always fun.

- Any colour Any type

3 - Yes deeply

- between 5-7

-Yes

- Dont think so. I totally enjoyed it... specially in your stories

Socksniffer
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Socksniffer »

I prefer non-consensual definitely.

I love all of them, but black ankle socks have a special place in my heart!

Oh yes!

Probably 7 or 8.

100% It totally depends on who the person is and what role they have in the story, anonymous socks do nothing for me.

Absolutely not. I generally hope for there to always be more foot fetish related content on the site, that's mainly the type of bondage I like so sockgags are always welcome!

Deleted User 1255

Post by Deleted User 1255 »

1. Non consensual for sure. I like the descriptions of the unwilling victim struggling and desperately trying to avoid the inevitable. It’s no fun when the victim wants the gag.

2. Colour on men’s socks? Not so much. White socks over black socks tho for sure but no like reds or blues. I like ankle socks the most, you can pack a lot of them into a subs mouth. If the dom has big feet you can still fit both. I prefer when even pairs make it into the subs mouth.

3. Pictures of the socks being used honestly not so much, I prefer pics of the bondage significantly more. I do enjoy the story, but the sock pics don’t add anything too my enjoyment.

4. 7. Worn all day for a few days, nice and smelly but not like disgusting and making you want to throw up. Like I don’t want to hear this sock has been worn outside with no shoes in the mud.

5. Not really. An athlete maybe more than anything else, but the wearer of the sock doesn’t make me more or less turned on

6. Nope. I think they’re just fine with regards to use right
now.

7. Top 3 in order: 1. Kidnaper’s socks 2. Rival’s socks 3. Own socks
Axeljohansson
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Axeljohansson »

Non consensual is always more exciting :)

I like long socks, like football socks, ski socks and I also like wool socks

Yeah I do

5-6

Yes, very much so.

No, they are not.

Other (specify)

1. Gagged with his friends sock
2. Gagged with his older brothers sock
3. Gagged with his cousins socks
I like to be blindfolded when I’m tied up :)
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

Thanks for the twenty-one survey replies so far, guys!
As a Dom I can't answer all of these questions, but I'll answer the ones that are valid for me.

Non consensual.

No strong preference, though I do generally prefer black or white socks (as opposed to other colours).
Thick socks are fun, but so are thin dress/office socks.
Ankle socks are great, but so are crew socks and tube socks.

Yes, definitely!

In RL and in stories, I like it when mouthy subs are gagged with appropriately smelly/pungent socks.
So I'd have to say 7-10.

In general, I'd say no.
However, my stories (and those of my favourites authours) do often focus on such gags.
It's become more common, but not necessarily less enjoyable. The more details are included, the hotter it makes it for me.

1. Victim is gagged with his dad's sock
2. Victim is gagged with his friend's dad's sock
3. Victim is gagged with his older brother's sock

My fourth favourite answer would have to be:

The answer I dislike the most is:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic