M/M SHOE-SNIFFING-RELATED SURVEY

Post polls here.
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

M/M SHOE-SNIFFING-RELATED SURVEY

Post by bondagefreak »

M/M SHOE-SNIFFING SURVEY

Those of you who enjoy polls, surveys and questionnaires and who also enjoy M/M shoe-sniffing should have fun participating in this thread. If you don't particularly enjoy M/M shoe-sniffing, then skip this thread. To participate, simply answer the questions below. Feel free to elaborate on your response when you feel it's appropriate.

If you haven't answered the related sockgag and underwear gag surveys, then follow these links and get to it:

Sockgag-related survey
Underwear gag-related survey

1 - Do you generally prefer consensual or non-consensual shoe-sniffing scenes?

2 - Do you have a preference for certain types of footwear in this context? (ex: military combat boots, skater shoes, basketball shoes, running shoes, wrestling shoes, cleats, construction boots, dress shoes, Nikes, Jordans, Osiris, Asics, etc) If so, please specify.

3 - Do you generally find yourself enjoying photo(s) of shoes/boots in TUG stories?

4 - On a scale of 1-10 (1=clean footwear, 5= well worn and musty footwear, 10=putrid footwear) rate your preference for the smelliness (or lack thereof) of footwear (either used on yourself or on victims in TUG stories on IRL).

5 - Does the shoe's wearer have any influence on how turned on/excited you are by a shoe-sniffing scene?

6 - Is shoe-sniffing scent play being overused in stories here? Has it lost some of it's appeal? Be honest.

7 - Choose your THREE favourite shoe-sniffing related scenarios:
Victim gets to sniff his own shoe
Victim gets to sniff his friend's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his kidnaper's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his lover's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his younger brother's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his older brother's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his dad's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his uncle's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his cousin's shoe
Victim gets to sniff an anonymous/unknown guy's shoe
Victim gets to sniff a bully/rival's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his friend's older brother's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his friend's dad's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his friend's uncle's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his coach's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his boss' shoe
Victim gets to sniff his teammate's shoe
Victim gets to sniff his roommate's shoe
Other (specify)

8 - Now go over the list again, and this time choose the THREE options that you think would be the most HUMILIATING for the victim!
Keep in mind, these are not necessarily your favourites.

9 - If you could be forced to sniff the shoes/boots of any fictional character from the TUG stories here, whose would you choose?
Last edited by bondagefreak 5 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: BONDAGEFREAK'S STORIES

OrdinaryWorld
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by OrdinaryWorld »

1. Non-con!
2. Yes, for me anything other than dress shoes or other leather shoes is perfect.
3. Of course ;)
4. Well, I have had virtually no experience but if I have to say, a 5 or 6.
5. Attractiveness, personal connection, previous context and attitude all do it for me.
6. I wouldn't say so, while I prefer bare feet or socks over shoes, shoes are still nice to have in a story.
7. Friend's shoe, older brother's shoe, bully/rival's shoe.
8. Honestly don't know. Any of these can be extremely humiliating given the situation.

Cheers to bondagefreak for the banner!
Volobond
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Volobond »

1. Non-con! I love having a victim forced to smell. Even better if even with all the protesting, the victim actually enjoys it.

2. Not really a preference per se, but running shoes always seem to be the worst smelling, but boots (particularly cowboy boots, are very hot.

3. Not really. I don't like the idea of having to smell the shoe myself, so I'd rather just read about the sub's reaction than get the visual trigger.

4. 6 or 7 in general, enough that the victim definitely squirms, but up to 10 if the victim actually enjoys it.

5. Yes. Attractiveness is a big factor.

6. I think recently I've seen less shoe sniffing in stories on this site.

7. Friend's, lover's, bully's/rival's.

8. Friend's dad's, coach's, boss'.

You can find my M/M stories here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38809#p38809
ShadowHusky
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by ShadowHusky »

1 - Like my answer with the other two surveys, non-consensual tends to have more fun and generally more diverse reactions

2 - My big thing with that is it always depends on who wears them and why. I do really like combat/construction boots because they tend to sacrifice breathability for sturdiness and comfort. Add this to large sweaty men working all day and reusing the same pair for years and years. It just makes the perfect combo. But I certainly do have a soft spot for basketball shoes because of [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]

3 - Always, it really brings me into the universe.

4 - With the lack of reason for unknown or dangerous sources of uncleanliness, there's a certain charm for how overused a shoe can be to add to it's appeal. Which makes the smellier the better. 10+

5 - Absolutely, yes. This isn't just limited to physical attractiveness, but also personality wise and situational factors.

6 - Look, I think it's way too difficult to gauge overuse. We're not trying to reinvent the wheel here, these a fetish stories. Not every one has to be a Shakespearean soliloquy. I'd say writers need to remember that they can write for themselves, if they want a shoe sniffing scene; add one.

7 - Choose your THREE favourite shoe-sniffing related scenarios: (In order)
Victim gets to sniff his friend's older brother's shoe - I think it's the more personal connection to the friend than it being the friend's dad that won it over the friend's dad alternative tot this spot.

8 - Now go over the list again, and this time choose the THREE options that you think would be the most HUMILIATING for the victim!
Victim gets to sniff his rival's shoe
Ossassin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ossassin »

1 - Non consensual much more fun.

2 - No preference really.

3 - I mean I'm not opposed, it is fun, just don't let it limit your selection.

4 - 7-8

5 - Yes, the more positively/negatively charged emotions there are the better, Moore humiliation or domination the better.

6 - In some stories it can feel a bit rote, just try and be natural or creative with how you go about it (e.g. Does the shoe need to be in one piece you could always try the insole as a gag? Just off the top of my head).

7 - Bully/Rival, Friends, Friends older brother.

8 - Boss, Bully/Rival, Younger Brother.
GoBucks
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by GoBucks »

1. Nonconsensual

2. I like pretty much everything you listed. I think military/construction/police boots are very hot because of the type of man that typically wears them. Old smelly sneakers that have been worked out in. I don't really have a brand preference. Sweaty dress shoes after a long day at the office. Mmm

3. Yes, thank you for all the great pics :)

4. For getting off in fantasy, the smellier the better but I doubt I could handle a 10 in real life. I'll go with 8.

5. Sure does. My excitement is definitely higher for guys I am attracted to. I prefer masculine jock or daddy types. Unattractive guys would not get me excited.

6. Never. I love each and every chapter that uses it.

7. Dad's shoe, Bully's shoe, anon shoe

8. younger brother's shoe, friend's shoe, boss' shoe
beserkade12
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by beserkade12 »

Non-consensual!

2 - Do you have a preference for certain types of footwear in this context? (ex: military combat boots, skater shoes, basketball shoes, running shoes, wrestling shoes, cleats, construction boots, dress shoes, Nikes, Jordans, Osiris, Asics, etc) If so, please specify.
Athletic shoes are my favourite. They're a bit more comfortable than other to have stuck to the face

3 - Do you generally find yourself enjoying photo(s) of shoes/boots in TUG stories?
Yes, from time to time a shot of a particularly nasty old pair of shoes gives me a lot of sympathy for the character in the story who's about to sniff it!

4 - On a scale of 1-10 (1=clean footwear, 5= well worn and musty footwear, 10=putrid footwear) rate your preference for the smelliness (or lack thereof) of footwear (either used on yourself or on victims in TUG stories on IRL).
Between 6-10. I think it's hot! But it depends on the amount of time I'd have to be smelling it for. I'd rather take a 6 if I'm going to be left there all day smelling it. Certainly would give me incentive to struggle though.

5 - Does the shoe's wearer have any influence on how turned on/excited you are by a shoe-sniffing scene?
Absolutely, especially if they're more handsome and dominant

6 - Is shoe-sniffing scent play being overused in stories here? Has it lost some of it's appeal? Be honest.
Perhaps. Even old the older sites I do see it everywhere. I'm not complaining, though. I find it interesting. Not many people I've met, neither doms or subs have been into sniffing shoes. Perhaps it's not as common where I'm from.

If bondage is a cake then a gag is the icing ⛓
Havok978
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Havok978 »

Oh hey. Conveniently popping out of lurk mode for another survey lol

Non-consenual.

Much like socks, I tend to lean more athletic, but honestly, anything well worn would work. I'd probably skew the most towards anything that just screams active or well worn; ie sports shoes/cleats, skater shoes, running shoes, etc.

As with the sock survey, depends. See next answer.

Same as the sock survey; about 5-7ish. Definitely worn. Maybe a bit on the uncomfortable side if you want a good tormented reaction. But definitely not so bad that its legit gonna make me angry or sick to have to deal with them. For me, there's a point where it can cross the line from a playful torment to deal breaker.

I'd say so.

Again, as with the sock survey, being more in an occasional pop-in mode these days, I don't know if I'm really qualified to say if anything is "too much". I'd have to leave it up others to determine. Personally, there's never enough socks and shoes for my tastes lol

Other (specify)

I think I'm gonna skew a little different here from the sock question. I'm gonna go with bully/rival, teammate, and roommate. I think in my mind, I tend to center shoes around sports and being active, etc, so I think those scenarios appeal more to me.

Hmmm... I think I'm still gonna go with bully/rival, and say maybe boss, and younger brother.
The WinterShuffle
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by The WinterShuffle »

1. Non-consensual, it’s not fun in my opinion if the victim wants to be smelling the shoe.

2. Basketball shoes, and running shoes. They seem to get the sweatiest, plus depending on the wearer, the basketball shoe swallows their entire face which is super hot. For brands, I like Nikes, FILA’s, and anything that just looks like it’s already oversized.

3. Yeah, I like them well enough. Visual aid is always good

4. I’ll go with 5-7 if it’s myself smelling them. I don’t want them to kill me, but I don’t want to enjoy the smell either :lol:

5. In story it doesn’t matter much. If it were me in real life, I’d just be excited to have that opportunity. I do however prefer athletic builds.

6. Nah, I don’t see enough of it to be honest.

7. 1- Kidnaper’s shoe 2- Friends older brother’s shoe 3- anonymous/unknown guys shoe

8. 1- His own shoe 2- younger brothers shoe 3. Bully/rivals shoe
Michael-Colin
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Michael-Colin »

Like both, but lean towards non-consensual.

Running shoes or any kind of sports shoe would likely be the most torturous, but I prefer the look of more casual trainers.

Visual aids are always welcome :D

6/10. Musty enough to be a punishment, but not putrid enough to be a turn-off.

Yes. the more domineering, the hotter it is.

It seems pretty rare actually. It's not really something I'm into. I wouldn't mind having it done to me, or reading about it, but I generally prefer being able to see someone's gagged face without there being a shoe in front of them. That being said it can still be pretty hot.

Answers with 7 and 8 are pretty much the same as they were in the other surveys.
Banner courtesy of bondagefreak ^_^
Link to story here - https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7723
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

Many thanks for the invitation to fill in the questionnaire about shoe-sniffing! You know how much I like it and how I appreciate it when it is included in your stories.

It's a difficult question. In a consensual setting, it can be a really powerful sign of willingness to serve when the sub agrees to sniff the Dom's shoes. But in non-consensual scenes, the humiliating aspect of shoe-sniffing gets highlighted and that's something I enjoy as well. I have no clear preference.

Dress shoes really don't do it for me. They're awful, ugly and I hate them. I'm mostly a sneakers-guy and I prefer the Nike/Jordan brand. Formerly, I was into skater shoes, but it has shifted and now I'm more into the Air Max range. Yeah, and Jordans look super hot as well. I also love the way that soccer cleats smell. They'd probably be on the top of my list when I had to choose which shoes to sniff. I also like certain types of combat boots (just Google "magnum viper pro" or "Bundeswehr stiefel" to get an idea of my taste). Construction boots: only if it's a hot model and worn by a hot guy.

Yes, definitely! The big advantage is that the mind is occupied with the image while reading the story and when the picture is right, it brings me in the right mood for reading the story.

Between 4 and 7 is nice, I think I'd prefer 6.

Definitely! If it's an old guy (I don't want to offend anyone) it's an immediate turn-off. The guy should be about my age, that's the hottest. 18+ of course. And if you know the guy is doing a lot of workouts or a lot of work while wearing the shoes, that also is a big bonus.

It is one of the things that pulls me towards a story. But if the description is not hot, if it's a bland thing and thrown in just to attract more views, I'll notice and then it's detrimental to my view of the story and I'll probably stop reading it. But if it's used in the right way, it definitely makes me like the story better.

Victim gets to sniff his teammate's shoe (I think it would be so hot to be on a soccer team and then be forced to sniff all the teammates' cleats because of a lost bet or something like that)
Victim gets to sniff a lover's shoe

Victim gets to sniff his boss's shoe
Of course all the guys that are too old, and in particular the dad, uncle, friend's dad, friend's uncle, would be deeply humiliating and no fun; it would be a turn-off and I generally don't read such stories.
Msueta@2
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Msueta@2 »

1. Non-consensual
2. Basketball shoes , running shoes
3. Yes
4. Probably a 10
5 . If he is hot looking a BeefCake
6. Not it's not being overplayed
7. Younger brothers, older brothers, bully
8. Teammates , roommates ,lovers
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

C'MON GUYS! DON'T BE SHY.
GET YOUR ANSWERS IN!

Whitestorm
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Whitestorm »

I’m very glad you did this survey ! Hehe :mrgreen:

Non-consensual, big time ! It’s a great way of showing who’s in charge ^^

I’m not a fan of boots, I prefer sneakers, especially Nikes, but I’ll gladly sniff anything worth sniffing :p more on that on point 4 !

Definetly ! It helps picturing the story like we’re there. And pics of shows are always welcome :oops:

10, 10 and 10. Hands down. I love [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]’s stories where the sub just smells the shoe from afar and starts squirming and tries to escape from the smell ^^ it’s the best !

It’s a great question. I’d say yes, knowing that I’m forced to sniff a hunky jock helps with the sub headspace. So yeah !

Nah ;) it’s never too much !

Other (specify)

I’d say the two that have to do with the big brother and the roommate, not sure why about the last one. But the older bro tends to have smellier stuff ^^

Honestly not sure. They all sound humilating, but I’d say coach, boss and uncle. I find it humiliating anyway so I don’t really have a preference.

I’m curious about [mention]bondagefreak[/mention]’s answer though. Any chance you’d answer your own survey ? 😋
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

Whitestorm wrote: 3 years ago I’m curious about @bondagefreak’s answer though. Any chance you’d answer your own survey ? 😋
It's the thing I'd also like to know, but I didn't dare to ask out of fear for ending up with Bondagefreak's socks taped into in my mouth. ;)
PiotrekTied
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by PiotrekTied »

1) Non-consensual would give me more fun as a bound person
2) In my opinion, running shoes and dress shoes are the best (the latter becomes important in the case of the person who wears them)
3) Yes, of course, most so when they are attached to someone else's face
4) 4-6 - it feels exhausted but it's not yet disgusting
5) Yes
6) No, it's still a good motive
7) Victim gets to sniff his friend's shoe, Victim gets to sniff his boss' shoe, Victim gets to sniff his roommate's shoe
8) Victim gets to sniff his boss' shoe, Victim gets to sniff his dad's shoe, Victim gets to sniff his younger brother's shoe
DeeperThanRed
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by DeeperThanRed »

Non-consensual ones. It's really hot seeing a shoe forced onto or taped over a guy's face.

I like sports shoes like cleats, running shoes and Nikes. They look better and it's easier to imagine them being sweaty. :D

Kinda. Unless someone is wearing them, just a shoe pic doesn't do much for me but it doesn't hurt either.

4-6. A shoe being smelly enough that it bothers and humiliates the victim is good. More than that can feel gratious.

Yep. I think the power dynamic between the wearer and sniffer affects how the scene plays out immensely.

Not really. If anything, I'd like to see more writers taking the idea for a spin and adding their own touches. Maybe more sneaker muzzles? Or the sniffer being the dom for a change? Lot sof untapped potential.

Victim gets to sniff his boss's shoe

I'd say his own shoes, his younger brother's shoes and his bully's shoes.
25-year-old bondage enthusiast who likes cute guys, underwear, and bondage, preferably together.

You can reach my list of written work here: https://www.tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?p=38808#p38808
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

[mention]Whitestorm[/mention] [mention]Sniffmyfeet[/mention]
Alright then. Happy to oblige ;)

Non-consensual

Skater shoes, Basketball shoes, Running Shoes, Construction boots, though to a lesser degree.

Yes, but only if the photos are of decent size and quality.

4-10
Really depends on the scene and characters involved.

Yes!

Nope. I actually find it to be not that commonly featured in stories here.
When it is, it's usually skimmed over and summarized a little too briefly.

Other (specify)

Whitestorm
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Whitestorm »

Thanks for sharing ! :mrgreen:

Also, this :
bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago Nope. I actually find it to be not that commonly featured in stories here.
When it is, it's usually skimmed over and summarized a little too briefly.
So true !
tugdreamer421
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tugdreamer421 »

non-consensual

Any type of athletic shoes, construction boots

Yes 100%

7-8. Definitely want it to be highly smelly but not unbearably so.

Should def be the guy doing the tying (preferably hot)

Nope!

Victim gets to sniff his friend's shoes
Victim gets to sniff his older brother's shoes
Victim gets to sniff a rival's shoes
Victim gets to sniff his teammate's shoes

Victim gets to sniff his dad’s shoes
Victim gets to sniff his rival’s shoes
Victim gets to sniff his coach’s shoes
Sniffmyfeet
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Sniffmyfeet »

bondagefreak wrote: 3 years ago 3 - Do you generally find yourself enjoying photo(s) of shoes/boots in TUG stories?
Yes, but only if the photos are of decent size and quality.
I agree! The pic has to be good, otherwise there's no way I can verify that the shoe is hot to see and looks worn, sweaty and stinky.

* I'm glad you answered without plugging my mouth ;)
Tsuhaya
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tsuhaya »

Non-consensual is more fun

I don't have a preference for shoes, but I'm not a big fan of dress shoes

Yes

If my health is not at real risk, it will depend on how bad my dom will be :lol:

Yes, skateboarders and runners are great candidates for having amazing shoes

Shoes, socks and feet, it's never too much

7- Victim gets to sniff his kidnaper's shoe

8- Victim gets to sniff his kidnaper's shoe
Yes, it's me in the picture. What are you waiting for to tie me up and gag me?
bondagefreak
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by bondagefreak »

SOME FANTASTIC ANSWERS SO FAR!

QUITE A FEW OF YOU HAVEN'T ANSWERED THE SURVEY YET.
GET YOUR VOTES IN, BOYS!

[mention]TiedNW[/mention]
[mention]socjuc[/mention]
[mention]squirrel[/mention]
[mention]sniffingyoursocks[/mention]
[mention]george_bound[/mention]
[mention]Mitchelaiden[/mention]
[mention]Pup[/mention]
[mention]jammer212[/mention]
[mention]EJTied22[/mention]
[mention]tapegagged08[/mention]
[mention]Ossassin[/mention]
[mention]Valimure[/mention]
[mention]ryguy98[/mention]
[mention]sock_gagged[/mention]
[mention]luiggi87[/mention]
[mention]Harlequinn22[/mention]
[mention]harsim[/mention]
[mention]tugdreamer421[/mention]
[mention]Johnny[/mention]
[mention]Jason07[/mention]
[mention]gaggedfeety[/mention]
[mention]Socksbound[/mention]
[mention]FrenchGinger[/mention]

squirrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by squirrel »

Non-consensual is much more fun

Military boots and construction boots are my favourite

Of course, it's always good to see what the victim is dealing with

Definitely the range 8-10 is best

Yes; the more handsome and masculine the stud is, the better

No, it hasn't

Boss's shoes
Teammate's shoes
Bully's shoes
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: SQUIRREL'S STORIES

sock_gagged
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sock_gagged »

1 - Non-consensual

2 - Prefer workout shoes - sneakers no specific brand (also love really ripe sperrys)

3 - Yes

4 - 10

5 - Prefer guys 20s to 40s, athletic, big feet

6 - Nope!

8 - Victim gets to sniff his coach's shoe
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic