Lupin Manor (f+/f+) (NEW *CARMEN* NEW 21/10)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Well they seem surprisingly (stupidly?) brave and calm considering what just happened.

Even if they think all the ghost will do is tie them up (and from their point of view, if the ghost can do that much, what else can it do?), what do they think will happen if all of them get tied up and left there until someone else decides to stumble along (which could be days or weeks later)?

Also I can imagine Beth is definitely not amused by her friends just leaving her like this.

Well, teenagers and stupid ideas are like peas in a pod, and certainly it would be a boring story if they all just ran away.

Interested to see what happens next.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Not so nice of the others, leaving Beth tied up :)
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Well, that description of Beth goes a long way to addressing my earlier complaint.

They're definitely not taking this ghost thing very seriously. Kind of funny they left her tied up though. XD

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago Not so nice of the others, leaving Beth tied up :)
Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Kind of funny they left her tied up though. XD
Not nice, agreed, but it is kinda funny :lol:
BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago certainly it would be a boring story if they all just ran away.
Exactly. No running away on this ghost hunt.
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Michelle.

"What about 'The Ghostbusters'?"
"Seriously?" Sammy exclaims, Em tutting. "No."
"Okay." Morgan, back to thinking. "Well. Um...."
"Midnight Girls?"
"Midnight girls. Chelle?"
"Well." I shrug. "I thought it sounded cool."
"Kinda." Sammy, nodding. Morgan shrugs. "Yeah. Okay. It's the best one so far. But." Dodging aside as I playfully make an unsuccessful grab for her torch. "Let's keep thinking."

I don't think, except for camping with my family last year, a late night trek across the field to the toilet block. That aside, I'm not sure I've ever seen darkness as total as this.

We stay close together, Em and Morgan in the centre, torches pointed down sweeping the path ahead, occasionally banking skywards to rake across the whispering trees like a gunner strafing multiple targets. I walk to one side, next to Morgan, whilst Sammy completes our line abreast, keeping close to Em.

We make slow progress, not saying much, and when we do talk it tends towards the too loud. Purposefully breaking the silence.

Me. All of us, would likely turn and run if just one of us did. Because this isn't the same game we were promised. This isn't 'let's go to the woods and jump at shadows' anymore. No. Now it's 'let's go to the woods and see an actual real ghost.'

But. Nobody stops. Nobody runs. Because, scary and possibly risky as things have just turned out to be, now that we know Lucille's ghost is real tonight just got a whole lot more fun.

Except for Beth. Who got, of all things, tied up. By the ghost.

And just why- I ponder -would a ghost tie someone up? Why would anyone tie someone up?

Regardless. That, the fact Lucille seems, on first meetings at least, to be the type of ghost up for some teenage girl kidnapping. That's why tonight is, now, possibly risky.

Because if. When? If she catches us, and ties us up, what happens next?

If it were a game- thinking as a form of distraction whilst we four walk through the too dark woods -where binding and gagging were the point, wouldn't you let your victim go? Afterwards.

Poor Beth. Thinking which, thinking of her all alone, lashed to that tree in the literal middle of nowhere, makes me laugh aloud.

"Chelle?"
"Sorry." Pushing Em's torch away from my face, the beam causing spots to appear in my vision. "I was just thinking about Beth."
"Oh." Morgan pauses, then laughs too. "Poor Beth huh."
"Think she's okay?"
"Sure." Morgan pats Em on the shoulder. "She'll be right where we left her."
"Yeah." Em, managing a smile too. "Not like she can wander off."

"Imagine being tied up by a ghost." Sammy, sounding thoughtful which for some reason sets Morgan off again.

"Hey." Swatting, not mad but playing. We all know Sammy and Morgan are the closest of any two within our group of six.

Six of course, because of Carmen.

"Just you wait." Sammy, wagging a finger. "When Lucille kidnaps you next I'm totally leaving you tied up."
"Yeah?" Grinning, in truth they both are, even Em and me are smiling at the back and forth.

"Definitely."
"Going to," putting her wrists behind her, which cuts our visibility down drastically, Morgan crosses them, shaking her top half like a person struggling against something, "leave me all tied up are you Sam?"
"Fuck off." Half laughing. "Come here you little teasing bitch."

She, Sammy, lunges at Morgan, who dodges aside, laughing back, before running off up the hill, torch beam bouncing as Sammy gives chase.

"So much for sticking together."
"Well." Giving Em a nudge. "Tell you what Em, all that noise and running off, splitting up the group, chances are Lucille will find them before she finds us."
"Ha." Grinning at me. "That would be funny, us finding those two all tied up and rolling on the floor."
"Yeah." I smile back, gesture towards the still bouncing light. "Come on."

"Found the house then."
"Found the house." Sammy, nodding whilst beside her Morgan plays the beam of her torch up and down, left and right. Em joins her, the four of us staring at the large structure looming out of the darkness directly before us, sat atop this steep hill like a silent, brooding it feels to me, thing.

It looks. "Old."
"Pretty." Morgan adds, her torch beam illuminating yet another wolf like carving sat- perched, hunched -on or atop a wall. Stone wolves, or wolf like creatures in some cases, scatter the facade, which looks worn down. Old. The stonework chipped and smoothed out at the edges, and most of it sporting patches of moss.

The house is three stories tall on each side, but only two across the middle, with high pointing roofs atop each of the tall sections. From the front it looks square, like a box rather then something with a mismatched rear, although, according to what we read online there's supposed to be a large fancy glasshouse tacked on at the back, on one side.

Prehaps a third of the windows have been smashed and there are several large graffiti tags splashed across the front. 'Eternal Hamster' in lurid pink and 'Bounce2Play' in lime green with sky blue highlights being amongst the most obvious.

It's very obviously abandoned, visually backing up the fact that after Countess Lucille's death, nobody came forward to claim her estate.

But. Looking. Taking the whole thing in. You can see what it, Lupin Manor, must once of been.

And pretty is, would have been, a good choice of words.

"Shall we?"
"I think." Morgan, torch in hand stepping towards the door. "We've come too far not to go take a look."
"True." I nod, having a thought straight after. "Hold on."
"To what?" Joking, but Em still giggles at Sammy's bad humour.

"We should film everything." Slipping the camera from my waistcoat pocket. "From here on. Right?"
"Makes sense." Morgan fishes her own, the other, camera, from the pocket of her brown leather aviator jacket. Which yes it does have a very thick inner fur lining. And yes the rest of us are properly jealous.

Camera in one hand, torch in the other, Morgan looks at each in turn, seeming to weigh them with her hands, balancing and tipping like scales.

"Here." Handing Sammy the camera. "I'll keep the torch."
"Only 'cause you're afraid of the dark."
"Not the dark." Putting on a serious tone. "Just all the monsters that live there."
"Ha." Sammy shakes her head. "Every. Fucking. Time."
"Because it's never not funny."
"No no." Em, with Sammy nodding agreement. "It's never funny."

Morgan flips us the finger, grinning. Em blows her a raspberry back.

Together we turn to face the doors.

One of which is closed, hanging off its top hinge and therefore- most likely -never able to move again without toppling over. The other door is open, but only wide enough to admit one person at a time, and judging by the amount of junk- stone bricks and huge lumps of wood, looking like railway sleepers or telegraph poles bizarrely -piled up around it, this door won't be moving anytime soon either.

"Camera first."
"Torch first."
"No no." They're at it again, Sammy and Morgan playing, arguing pointless things, grinning like idiots as they do.

"You go in first." Sammy, stepping back to, clearly, give Morgan all the room. "And light the place up so I can capture the entrance better."
"No. You.... Um...." Words drying up, Morgan shakes her head. "Damn. That's actually a really good idea."
"You're welcome." Sammy blows her a kiss.

And Morgan goes first.

Except.

"Hold on."
"Chelle?"
"I'll go first."
"But." Sammy, at a loss, and not happy because now Morgan, smirking beside her, is no longer on point.

Which means Morgan won.

"Makes sense." I step back a half dozen paces, check behind me, step back some more. "Let me film the entire approach and entering thing as it is. All." Pausing to lick my lips because it really is creepy, scary looking. And should I be going in first?

Alone?

Fuck it.

"Ha." Shaking my head, waving off Em, opening her mouth. "I'll film everything just inside the door as it is, then you'll." Pointing to Morgan. "Come in, so that with Sam's footage we get the contrast to all lit up."
"Okay." Morgan, and Sammy, nodding. "Sounds great."
"What do I do though?" Em, looking down at her torch, back up to us. "Do I need to shine mine anyplace?"
"You can illuminate the outside whilst Morgan does the inside." Sammy, even making sweeping arm gestures like someone throwing back the curtains.

"Okay." Em nods, giving the thumbs up. "Got it."
"Illuminate." Still a ways back, but well within earshot, I call out the word. Sammy, of course she can hear me, turns to flip me the finger.

"Go and get caught by the ghost already Chelle."
"I will." Laughing. "I'll tell the Countess to expect three more for dinner."
"Only if she ties Sammy up first."

After which a well aimed and rusty empty beer can hits Morgan on the arm.

Shaking my head. "Girls. Filming now." I pull up the camera, switch it on, and begin walking forwards.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

I really like the ghostbuster like setting! Well done [mention]RopeBunny[/mention] ! I hope the ghost will show the wannabe ghostbusters the ropes soon :)
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

What is interesting is that the ghost has not shown up again (or even given a sign of its presence). Perhaps it operates under some sorts of rules and limits (or certain events trigger it's presence).

Or perhaps it just has a sense of dramatic tension.

Either way, wonder who is getting kidnapped next.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

BlissfulMisery wrote: 1 year ago ...
Either way, wonder who is getting kidnapped next.
That is one lamebrain gaggle of girls you have assembled, [mention]RopeBunny[/mention]. Like [mention]BlissfulMisery[/mention], I am wondering who is getting kidnapped next. Good work.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

It is so great a story-telling!
The banter ... the cockyness ... the chaotic approach... excellent. Where's the video? :D
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Wonder what Lucille's up to now. Those girls are certainly not making it difficult for her.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Wonder what Lucille's up to now. Those girls are certainly not making it difficult for her.

Indeed, so far an easy job for the ghost in residence. Our Ghostbusters are more than a bit clumsy :)
Bound to Please
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Bound to Please »

A new RopeBunny story! This makes me happy.
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Nainur wrote: 1 year ago Where's the video? :D
Yes. Indeed. I'd love to watch whatever the girls final YouTube offering looks like :lol:
Bound to Please wrote: 1 year ago A new RopeBunny story! This makes me happy.
Thank you.

To all of you for the continued comments. More chapters are coming. Sometimes things take longer then at other times, but rest assured I am working on this as time allows :)
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Lucille.

They did not turn around turn back abandon hope doomed doomed.

Girls. Four now. Five girls but I left one left her she is now a tree now four. Four girls left to come here to my house my.

Home.

They laugh. Joke. Friends.

Did I have friends?

I watch. Out of sight. I wait and watch as they come closer to my house my manor named for wolves daddy always said be the wolf not the rabbit I will make these girls my rabbits I will make them stay.

My house. My, beautiful grand house. Each time I return forced forced to leave to return. Each time I am flung back into this waking living world my house looks.

Less.

Like me. Less, a downward spiral down down.

Down. Can we. I. Ever go up?

From the master no more daddy and mummy where was mummy now I am only me I am the master bedroom I watch, staring down through broken glass and unseen by four girls too busy making jokes to look up and see.

Me. Lucille, Countess de Montefort and master Mistress but master of this Lupin wolf Manor.

They do not. Nobody sees me until unless I wish it.

They.

Split up?

Really?

They split up but not two and two like animals but three and one but.

Why?

I frown. Unable to speak I can not the dead do not I can not speak but.

Why?

And.

Thank you.

Hair like long flowing tumbling sand, a chest beyond her years. This one girl comes.

I shall. I will. Drift down to meet her.

To gift her sight.

Of.

Safety?

I. Am not clear how things work and really can you say that all things are clear do you know why you dream of clouds and dragons and shadow men hiding in plain sight.

I can. Do. Things. How? It is enough that I can, that I do.

It is like an infection. Like crawling inside her head as she comes though the door looking left looking right looking straight.

At me.

But I am unseen but still I feel her gaze lock. Still I feel the jump as I push at her but not with my hands I push.

And what I push is a feeling I can push feelings I can I shall I will if you cross me don't you cross me I will make you sorry for all for a long time.

I. She will feel.

Safe.

A smile. She smiles at me through me I am unseen. She smiles and sighs, dropping the black box in her hands, shedding coats, leaving bare arms and skin and skin and now there are too many breasts now.

Those are big breasts.

She shivers. It must be cold with so little on. But smiles. And to her left an open door and what she sees beyond I can not do not know but she smiles wider and turns and walks through into my library.

I follow I drift I do not walk I drift after her.

Smiling too.

Always in my house, in the library of my house, I see two things.

I see the real: dank, dark. Mould on the walls and puddles on the torn carpet, no glass just a spike of glass no curtains on the window. Empty shelves sit empty people came they took what is was mine.

I see the dreaming memory: sunlight through clean glass whilst outside lush grass grows and birds call in song. Walls of pale blue contrasting with dark wooden shelves laden with books with my our the de Montefort history and stories and books that know things you I must want to learn. Rich and thick cream carpet and daddy in his favourite chair, pipe in hand, reading, reading to me.

What does this girl see?

What does she see that makes her smile so and lay down. Climbing up onto the scratched and dust caked wooden table, like the shelves too large to steal to take away from me.

She.

Lays down. On her back smiling up at the at my mouldy green and black no longer white ceiling.

And.

Stretches like someone sleepy.

This.

I decide. This is my chance I will take her this girl with too many breasts dreaming of safe places I will take her and keep her here on the table.

She doesn't even see me, doesn't even cry out nor pull away. She.

Stays still, stretching, smiling.

Now she will stretch forever.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Excellent description from Lucille's POV, [mention]RopeBunny[/mention]. Very well done.
Spy Task Force Completed
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Lucille strikes again! Nice to get a bit more background/character for her, even if it does not currently seem likely she is going to interact with anyone else in an anything resembling 'normal' way.

Wonder if they are going to leave her tied up too.

Nice symbolism/juxtaposition/wordplay with the wolf vs rabbit, esp with tying into the name. Pretty amusing.

Overall, another enjoyable chapter, especially since it is once again from the ghost's very unique point of view.
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Sammy.

"She just," pausing to frown, to kick a discarded trainer with my own, "dropped it?"
"That's what I'm seeing." Morgan, running the playback on Chelle's camera. Again. Em standing beside Morgan, face bent down to look, now looks up to catch my gaze. She nods. Shrugs.

What the fuck happened?

I mean, what happened was: Chelle, as per our hashed out plan, walked on ahead, alone and with no torch. She walked in through the barely open doors- heavy looking doors, wedged in such a state they can't, won't, be moving again -of Lupin Manor, camera held up, filming.

She'd had to turn sideways to slip inside, and even in the shadowed gloom I couldn't help but notice the jut and shape of Chelle's breasts as they brushed against one of the doors. Because, I mean, I'm beginning- this past year or so -to think I. Might. Prefer girls. And. Well. There is, to be fair, a lot of Chelle to like.

From the waist up and neck down, if you catch my drift.

Chelle went inside, and we three: Morgan, Em, and me, we waited. We gave Chelle two minutes, time enough for her to film some nice eerie footage of the dark slumbering Manor.

We waited, and then, again as per the plan, Morgan went through next, to light up the inside ready for my filmed entrance.

Which I didn't. Still haven't. Filmed.

Because once inside Morgan found what she found. And now we're all three standing in a loose circle, staring down, trying to figure out.

"What the fuck?"
"Well." Morgan laughs, a nervous sound in this dark silent place. "At least she kept her undies on."
"But." Looking around, back down. "Why?"

What we're stood around is, crazily, a piled heap of Chelle's clothes: her trainers and socks, her coats. Even her vest top and trousers. Wherever Chelle's gone, whatever part of the manor she's wandering through, she's doing so in nothing but her bra and pants.

And. I breathe out to prove the point, it is kind of on the cold side in here.

"Sooooo." Morgan, torch in one hand, Chelle's camera, her camera now I suppose, in the other, turning a slow circle. Filming. "Do we go looking. Or?"
"Of course we go looking." Tutting. As if it should even be a question. "She's our friend."
"Yeah. But." Shining the torch beam in my face, waving it around as I put my hand up. Morgan giggles. "We left Beth." The torch beam mimics her shrug. "You know."

"Yes. But." All ready to argue the point. Hand up, finger raised. Mouth open. But. "Well...." Suddenly my mind has become a blank slate. "Um...."
"We. Um." Em. Quiet as a mouse, which to be fair is her usual way around us. Em doesn't talk much, she's more a joiner then a leader.

And besides Morgan's enough of a leader for all six of us.

"We have to find her. To." In the light from her torch, beam focused down, I catch sight of Em's nervous, small, smile. "To." She nods. "Whatever Lucille did. To Chelle. We have to film it."

"Ha." Morgan, grinning, steps sideways, grabbing Em and hugging her. "That's my girl Em." Turning to nod at me. "Great plan, wouldn't you say so Sam?"
"We're sure this is the ghost at work then?" Frowning, trying to banish the thoughts- images -my traitor brain just supplied of a barely clothed Chelle all tied up.

Struggling.

Large bra clad breasts flopping and bouncing and.

I shake myself. Noticing as I do that Morgan, who prehaps knows at least some of the secret thoughts I've been having recently, who has, in fact, been a play partner of sorts. A. Struggle buddy, you could say. She's giving me a knowing smile.

Damn it.

"Are we?"
"Can't think of any other reason for stripping and wandering off into this dark place."
"True." I nod. Of course Morgan has a point. And. Putting aside whatever we do, or don't do, when we find her. The fact remains we do need to find Chelle.

"All right then." I look from Em to Morgan, make a show of looking all around us. "So. Where do we look first?"

We're in the entrance hall, just a corridor in any other house, but, because this is a manor, which means large and posh, it's like a room in itself. Standing with the front doors behind me, in roughly the rooms centre: to my left is a closed door, to my right a corridor leads off. Somewhere. Whilst directly in front a wide staircase rises up towards the first floor, where I have, whenever Em or Morgan's torch beam has swung that way, picked out the ghostly shape of a balcony like walkway around the hall up on the first floor.

"The door?" I point, picking one of three choices. The closest. "What's through here anyway?"
"Um?" Morgan frowns, Em shrugs. And the map I'd so carefully drawn, both the way to Lupin Manor and a rough sketch of its interior- compiled from various websites and books all claiming to know these things -is a soggy mess after my run in with that ditch.

Thinking which. I could take, borrow, Chelle's trousers.

And then when we do find her. Oops. Sorry Chelle. Nothing to wear.

Ha.

I don't though, because prehaps that's being a little too obvious.

And besides whilst I've been daydreaming about long pale legs, Morgan's walked over to the door.

"Locked."
"It?" Is? "Really?"
"Locked." Nodding, giving the rusted handle, and therefore the whole door, a shake to prove her point. "See."
"Yeah I see." Waving at her to stop, Em and me wandering closer too. "But. This place has been abandoned how long?"
"Couple hundred years?"
"Roughly." Nodding at Em's guess. "And. In all that time how many people do you reckon have visited."
"Well...."
"People like us." Giving the door a tap with my foot. "Teens and stuff."
"People who don't care about locks on doors?"

"Exactly." I give the door a firmer tap. "How can this door be locked when for sure some teenager somewhen will of simply kicked it in?"

"Well." Morgan taps the door with her foot. "I me...."

Stopped in mid sentence by a clear, single, tap.

From the other side of the door.

"Did you?"
"No." Shaking my head, sensing but not looking to see, but Em at least is backing away. "It came from the other side."

Not being able to help myself I tap the door again. Once. Twice. With my foot.

"Can we." Em's whisper from behind. A pause and then she continues. "Not provoke th...."

Tap. Tap.

Followed by a giggle. A high pitched girly sound completely at odds with the darkness surrounding us all, floating through the woodwork towards us, making me shiver.

"Ohhhh kay." Morgan, taking a step back. "Well. I think we should check." Taking another step. "Elsewhere."
"But." Still close enough to touch the door, I half turn to regard my retreating friends. "Isn't this what we came here for?"
"Sure." Morgan holds up her camera. "And. See. I'm even filming. It's just...."

Tap.

"Do we answer her?" Em, whispering, shaking her head. "Should we tap back now?"
"Um." I lick my lips, suddenly dry, looking from my friends to the door. "I." I shrug. "Fuck knows."

Tap. Tap tap-tap.

And I've pulled back my foot to tap, to answer, when.

Boom.

The whole door shakes. The boom, still echoing across the huge entrance room, too loud to be caused by a single, slim girl. Even a ghost surely?

"Maaaaay be." Morgan's voice, from behind me sounding nervous. Out of nowhere she, the natural leader, sounds unsure.

And.

Then.

Lucille.

Comes.

Through.

The.

Door.

The rush of it, of her passing, pushes me over backwards to land hard on my now damp but still wet jeans clad butt, hands splayed out either side, looking up, mouth open. Gaping.

She's giggling. The high pitched girlish amusement of fun times being had, of games being played, chills my spine.

She's floating, not walking. Lucille drifts through the double doors, booted feet several inches above the carpet, waist cinching corset and modest but definitely there breasts at my eye level, long flowing sleeveless dress and curling tumbling hair billowing out behind her as she passes above, and over, my prone sprawled frame.

All is grey. Lucille: skin, clothes, hair. A true grey lady, not just a name to identify a type of ghost it's as though the act of death leached all colour from her, giving her a faded not quite there quality. She's like a rainbow across the spectrum of that one sad looking colour, completely at odds with her amused slightly open smiling mouth and girlish giggles.

She spares me a glance. A single, brief, locking of her gaze onto mine.

And then, with a scream, Em bolts.

And. With a giggle, Lucille vanishes, fading down to nothing even whilst very clearly setting off in drifting pursuit.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

you are so very good in creating a vibe of mystery, spine tingling intensity and foreshadowing the actual capture...
brilliant.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Nainur wrote: 1 year ago you are so very good in creating a vibe of mystery, spine tingling intensity and foreshadowing the actual capture...
brilliant.

I love the way you create that really really creepy Atmospehre. My personal Highlight? The sudden appearance of Lucille 😀
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

And I've always thought that Halloween was a dull holiday, [mention]RopeBunny[/mention]. Your well written story is making me rethink that. Well done.
Spy Task Force Completed
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago
Nainur wrote: 1 year ago you are so very good in creating a vibe of mystery, spine tingling intensity and foreshadowing the actual capture...
brilliant.

I love the way you create that really really creepy Atmospehre. My personal Highlight? The sudden appearance of Lucille 😀
Thank you both. I'm having lots of fun writing this story, doing creepy stuff. I'm glad it's all coming across.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago Your well written story is making me rethink that. Well done.
I'm glad you're enjoying this too. Thanks :)
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Hey,

Yet another fun chapter.

Lucille seems the most interested in those who run... But even so, the old saying about only needing to run faster then your friend probably still applies.

It is interesting that she is depicted as giggling from their point of view, because from her own point of view she seems much more morose, almost angry.

Of course this is probably the only entertainment she gets, so you know, have to get your laughs where you can...

Either way, seems like another person is about to get picked off. I wonder if they will start panicking once they realize there are only a few of them left...
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

Interlude.

From 'The Forgotten Family, The Fall And Fall of The de Monteforts', 1981, by S. S. Williams.

....family crest consisting: a pair of stylised wolves, stood on hind legs with front paws up to hold the shield they flank. On the round shield an eight pointed star is drawn, a recognised symbol for chaos, for infinite possibilities, and below the shield 'Hunter not Hunted' is written.

A paltry thing it must be said for the young Countess Lucille, only eleven when, upon her fathers untimely death, she was left the sole surviving de Montefort, heir to the newly completed Lupin Manor sat atop Wiltshires tallest hill.

A family crest then, with no family. And a manor full of things, yet lacking in the once vast- it's rumoured that Orville, Lucille's father, had accrued substantially large gambling debts in the years leading up to his passing -de Montefort funds needed to hire the staff to keep such running.

Lucille was left alone. A child.

Three years later she too, was dead. The exact circumstances even now are unknown. Some say, claim, that the young Countess simply went mad. And indeed there is- for those willing to dig -written evidence: reports of shouting being heard through the night, a local priest, those who for various reasons felt the need to 'check in' being turned away at sword point.

There are- admittedly passed down by word of mouth through the years, old men telling tales to any who'll listen -stories of Lucille, whenever she ventured into Coombe village, holding repeated arguments or conversations with herself. Whilst ignoring those around her. It is said these were sometimes conducted at high volume, accompanied by much waving of arms and stamping of booted feet.

With Lucille's death the family de Montefort line ended. With no relatives to lay claim Lupin Manor and grounds were put up to sale. However despite a scatter of interest, no sale ever occurred.

Prospective buyers reported a general feeling of unwelcomeness, a persistent cold even with summer sunlight streaming through Lupins large windows.

Some of them, according to rumour and passed down gossip only the ladies, suffered. Something? Whilst within the de Montefort estate boundary.

No buyer was found. And the estate, the house and grounds, have sat empty ever since. Becoming less. More overgrown, more vandalised, as both time and local youth takes its toll.

We should then look....
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Nice change of pace!
BlissfulMisery
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by BlissfulMisery »

Ramping up... and then ramping down... At least for now.

Well, Lucille certainly has a sufficiently tragic backstory to be a proper spooky ghost.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic