What if,..? Damsel in Distress edition (F/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

What if,..? Damsel in Distress edition (F/F)

Post by Stiletto Amore »

I often wondered what it might be like to be on the opposite side of the ropes for once.
Indeed, what if I was the one who actually caught the teen detective/ damsel in distress?
As ever, let me know what you think.

It was late and I was just completing my final perimeter check of the site.
Walking between the various circus lorries and camper vans I was startled to discover a young woman dressed in, what appeared to be a green and yellow school uniform kneeling at the foot of a static caravan. It was immediately obvious to anyone with a working set of eyes that she was studying the lock with a view to breaking and entering.
Firmly ensconced behind a conveniently placed stack of tyres, I watched with a certain detached amusement as she removed a hair pin and began jamming it into the mechanism.
I crept softly towards the bespectacled sleuth, whose attention remained fixed on the locked door in front of her and stood over her for almost a minute.
“Can I help you Miss?” I finally said.

Startled she dropped her improvised lock pick.
Seeing her open her mouth to protest I moved quickly to grab her left wrist whilst simultaneously placing my hand over her mouth.
“We wouldn’t want to wake anyone now would we?” I whispered menacingly.
The girl fought for a moment before slowly shaking her head.

“Okay, now if I take my hand away, do you promise not to call out?”
She nodded.

“It’s not what you think-” She blurted out as soon as she was able.

“Oh really? Well, maybe you’d care to enlighten me as to what you were doing?”

“I was doing up my shoe laces” She offered

“Care to try again, and maybe this time, limit yourself to plausible explanations only please” I said through gritted teeth.

“Would you believe, I lost the keys to my caravan?” She ventured

“Better. But still,.. highly unlikely”

“How can you be certain?” She spat back defiantly.

“Because I'm the security guard here and that caravan happens to belong to me!”

“Ah”

“‘Ah’ Indeed. So why don’t we go inside and you can tell me what you’re really doing here”

After we had each taken our seats and I had fixed us both a cup of tea the young woman explained that her name was Samantha Ward and she was the lead reporter for her school paper tasked with investigating a series of local thefts that appeared to use circus techniques.
“Well I can assure you that I don’t know anything about these crimes, however I do know that it’s illegal to trespass on private property,..” I said producing two lengths of white cotton cord from the darkest recesses of my desk.

“Don’t worry” I reassured her, “I’m not going to hurt you, but I am going to have to tie you up! Consider this a citizen's arrest”
The teen detective sighed audibly, as though this was not the first time she had faced such indignities in the line of duty. Nonetheless she didn’t protest, instead she placed her hands behind her back and invited me to fasten them together.

“So, am I right in thinking this isn’t your first time?” I asked as I cinched the knot tight pinching her skin.

“That’s funny, I was going to ask you the same thing”

“Very droll” I said, repeating the same manoeuvre on her ankles.

“Not too uncomfortable I hope?” I said, standing back and admiring my efforts. As former Girl Guide I continued to take a great deal of pride in my work.

“I’ve had worse” She replied warmly

“You know what, I believe you. So, does your school know you’re here?”

She shook her head.

“Your parents?”

She repeated the gesture.

“Okay, well I think we had better call them and let them know where you are”

“I guess,.. So I’m not in any trouble then?”

“Well, I imagine you might be facing some form of detention and I wouldn't be at all surprised if you were grounded for the rest of your natural life, but no, I don’t intend to press charges”

She appeared to visibly relax in her chair.
“Thank you”

“You’re very welcome" I replied

I helped her dial the landline phone and held the receiver up to her face so she could explain the events of the evening to her parents. Weirdly, they did not seem too surprised.
After exchanging some light pleasantries I gave them directions to my place of work and arranged for them to come and pick up their errant daughter in the morning.
“They seem nice!” I said after ending the call “So, do they approve of your detective career?”

“Mostly. I mean, they seem to support me solving crimes, but I’m not sure if they like me doing it so...”

“Directly?” I offered.

“Yes, definitely! They feel that it’s too dangerous for me to confront crooks on my own. I mean, yes, the villains usually tie me up. But I never get hurt and I always escape and get home in time for dinner.”

“Always?” I prompted gently.

“Well, except for one time when I was locked inside a meat locker that had horrible cell reception. Let’s say that on that night, both me and my dinner got cold.”

“My goodness!” I exclaimed “But you don’t sound terribly worried? Isn’t it all a bit scary?”

“In what way?”

“Well, your Mum tells me that you’re often getting kidnapped. That doesn’t sound very safe to me”

“Oh, don’t worry,” She said, trying to put my mind at ease “Most of the time I’m not really in any real danger. In fact, usually their guns aren’t even loaded and sometimes,.. it’s not even a gun at all!”

“I’m sorry?”

“Well, in one of my earliest adventures, I was held up by what I thought was a gun, but I learned later that it was actually a cheap cigarette lighter!”

“You fell for that?” I teased

“It was my first case.” She protested, her tongue buried in her cheek

“But don’t guns and lighters usually look different?”

“It looked a lot like a gun. A LOT!”

“I’ll have to take your word for it” I said, unable to stifle my laughter
She pretended to sulk, but secretly seemed quite amused by the whole thing.

“So, do you usually go sleuthing dressed like this”

“How do you mean?”

“Your uniform? It doesn’t seem very practical”

“You’d be surprised. I think my abductors really like that I bring my own binding materials”

“What do you mean?” I asked confused.

“Well, put it this way, my school tie is used as a gag so often it’s starting to have bite marks”

“Eww!” I said, disgusted

“Well, it’s better than the alternatives” She explained “There are few things in life quite as painful as having a tape gag pulled off your face”

“Ha, ha! I believe you. Although who wouldn’t enjoy a free waxing? But that reminds me,..” I said, I removing the bright red silk scarf from the back of the door and pulled it tight between my fists snapping it menacingly. Evidently my lopsided grin told the detective what it was intended for.

“Is a gag really necessary?” She asked wearily as though the whole thing were, at worst, a minor inconvenience “I mean it’s not like I’m really your prisoner”

“Maybe not, but it’s important to maintain good standards. Besides, isn't this standard procedure for teen sleuths caught snooping in an abandoned circus after dark?”

Seemingly convinced by the strength of my argument she opened her mouth allowing me to tie it firmly between her teeth forcing her to bite down on it.

“There!” I said, gently straightening her gag “Isn’t that better?”
The young sleuth grunted something that sounded like agreement.

"Okay, I've got my patrols to do. Are you going to be okay here on your own?"

Sam nodded.

"Excellent. I'll be back in a bit to check on you and maybe later you can tell me some more about your adventures,.."
Last edited by Stiletto Amore 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
49% snooping detective, 51% Damsel in Distress.
Cub reporter and part time escapologist - They call me Houdini in heels
https://www.deviantart.com/samward18
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

This is perfect! How did it feel to be on the other side of the ropes?
Check out my DeviantArt page!
https://www.deviantart.com/empoleon666
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 4 years ago This is perfect! How did it feel to be on the other side of the ropes?
It was super weird - but it was not without it's charms ;)
I like to think I'd make a good villain :D
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Stiletto Amore wrote: 4 years ago
TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 4 years ago This is perfect! How did it feel to be on the other side of the ropes?
Indeed you did! Can we expect any more villainous tales from you in the future?
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 4 years ago
Indeed you did! Can we expect any more villainous tales from you in the future?
Yay! I'm glad you approved.
I was thinkinh it might be fun to tell at story from both perspectives (the damsel and the damselee?!)
Depends on the idea I guess
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Maybe the POV of Amazing Wanda archenemy Germaine?
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

Now this is a fun tale.
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 4 years ago Maybe the POV of Amazing Wanda archenemy Germaine?
What an awesome - if terrifying idea!
I would love to get her perspective on one of my adventures - although I fear I may need extensive personal therapy afterwards ;)
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Lol

Or maybe Germaine’s older brother, getting to see the POV of a damsel rescuer!
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 4 years ago Lol

Or maybe Germaine’s older brother, getting to see the POV of a damsel rescuer!
Hehe! That might be a bit more of a stretch ;)
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Why is that? I’d wager that if you were this great at writing the villain, you’d be great at writing the rescuing hero!
MaxRoper
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by MaxRoper »

An interesting and enjoyable change of pace for you. As always, your storytelling chops are at the top of the class.
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 4 years ago Why is that? I’d wager that if you were this great at writing the villain, you’d be great at writing the rescuing hero!
That's sweet of you to say - i guess i just always felt that the white night was the most boring character to write for - but maybe I should give it the ol' college try?
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

MaxRoper wrote: 4 years ago An interesting and enjoyable change of pace for you. As always, your storytelling chops are at the top of the class.
Yay! So glad you approve. Really appreciate the kind words :D
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

TamatoaShiny123 wrote: 4 years ago Why is that? I’d wager that if you were this great at writing the villain, you’d be great at writing the rescuing hero!
That's sweet of you to say - i guess i just always felt that the white night was the most boring character to write for - but maybe I should give it the ol' college try?
Maybe you could make the hero intesting by making him not-so-heroic (imagine Johnny Bravo or maybe even Gaston)
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

Maybe you could make the hero intesting by making him not-so-heroic (imagine Johnny Bravo or maybe even Gaston)
That's a fun idea. I like the idea of our hero (and my rescuer) is a clueless buffoon who relies on me to tell him what to do. A klutz with a washboard stomach and tight fitting shorts. Yes, I think I could work with that,.. ;)
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

That's a fun idea. I like the idea of our hero (and my rescuer) is a clueless buffoon who relies on me to tell him what to do. A klutz with a washboard stomach and tight fitting shorts. Yes, I think I could work with that,.. ;)
Can’t wait to see the results!
ArrestedForever
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ArrestedForever »

I love seeing the damsel in distress bound for an honest mistake; not the victim of villain or someone being punished for a crime. She’s just a girl who made an oopsie and has got to get trussed up and she knows it.
Stiletto Amore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Stiletto Amore »

ArrestedForever wrote: 4 years ago I love seeing the damsel in distress bound for an honest mistake; not the victim of villain or someone being punished for a crime. She’s just a girl who made an oopsie and has got to get trussed up and she knows it.
Me too! I think there's something inherently fun about a damsel being resigned to being tied up - seeing it as an inevitable consequence of her snooping - nothing more serious than getting detention ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic