Witchtrap - Agnes and Whitney (F/f) (Chapter 2 added).

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Headmistress
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Witchtrap - Agnes and Whitney (F/f) (Chapter 2 added).

Post by Headmistress »

Hello. Here is the beginning of my new story. It is a bit short as I am still working out the details.

It was Friday night and Agnes Goldberg was lying back and having a bath in her private bathroom. She was completely engrossed in a romance novel that she had picked up from the library and she was enjoying her warm bubble bath, so she was none too pleased when she suddenly heard a knock at the bathroom door.

“Agnes!”

It was her husband, Felix.

“What?!”

“Someone’s on the phone for you.”

“Take a message. I’m in the tub!” Agnes yelled back impatiently.

“I don’t think you want to do that, dear.”

“Why not?”

“It’s Mr. Lauter!”

Agnes sat up so fast that the bubbles from the bath rapidly slid down her body, exposing her large breasts. Dropping the novel on the floor, she called out:

“Tell him to hold! I’ll be right there!”

A few moments later Agnes dashed out of the bathroom soaking wet and dressed in nothing but a blue terrycloth robe. Without a word, Felix held the phone receiver out to her and Agnes grabbed it.

“Hello?”

“Hello, Ms. Goldberg. It’s Mr. Lauter here.”

“Yes, I know. I take it you’ve thought about the offer I’ve made?”

“Yes, I have. And I’ve decided to accept it. But you need to gather your team as soon as possible.”

“Done.”

After a brief conversation that lasted a few minutes, Agnes hung up the phone and went to tell Felix her exciting news….

The next morning….

Whitney O’Shea was jogging around the local park near her home as she often did for exercise. She was an attractive young woman with shoulder-length red hair, green eyes and very white skin. As she circled around the park to complete her last lap, she saw something that made her come to a sudden stop.

Agnes Goldberg was standing at the end of the path. While she was slightly older than Whitney by a few years, she was also an attractive woman with shoulder-length dark brown hair, brown eyes, full lips and pale skin. Unlike Whitney who was wearing a white tank top, shorts, socks and sneakers, she was wearing a long black skirt, black boots, a black top and a black leather jacket, which was an odd contrast to the sunny weather.

From experience, Whitney knew if she walked away, Agnes would just come after her, so she slowly walked over to Agnes.

“Hello, Whitney. I suppose I don’t need to tell you why I’ve come here.” “No, I got your phone message.” “Well, what do you think?” “You don’t understand, Agnes. I’m not sure if I can control it. Even if I do go, then I’m worried about what might happen.” “God gave you a gift, Whitney. You may as well use it.” Whitney turned to face Agnes. “That’s low of you, Agnes.” “Why? Because I’m an atheist?” “No, but you know perfectly well that I’m not always able to control what I can do.” “But I can, Whitney. If things work as I think they will, then we’ll be very rich.” Whitney turned to look Agnes directly in the eyes. “All right. I’ll come. But I sincerely hope you’re right.” “Good. All of us are meeting in a couple of days. Here’s the address. The time and date are on there, too.”

Reaching into the pocket of her jacket, Agnes withdrew a small white card with writing on it and handed it to Whitney who took it and jogged off into the distance.

To be continued…..
Last edited by Headmistress 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

The Intro is short, but it captures the readers attention nicely, imho 😀
ale62
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ale62 »

Caesar73 wrote: 3 years ago The Intro is short, but it captures the readers attention nicely, imho 😀
In fact, the introduction is too short.
I can't decide :?: .... you should write a few more parts!
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

ale62 wrote: 3 years ago
Caesar73 wrote: 3 years ago The Intro is short, but it captures the readers attention nicely, imho 😀
In fact, the introduction is too short.
I can't decide :?: .... you should write a few more parts!
I would not say, that is too short, it is straight to the point, I think. We get enough informations to be able to make some educated guesses :)
banshee
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by banshee »

Always down to read something from you, I'm eager to know how this story unfolds
Bondwriter
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bondwriter »

Looking forward to finding out what this intriguing beginning entails.
Headmistress
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Headmistress »

2 days later....

A tall and handsome man with dark, distinguished good looks stood in an office. The office was a plain and bare room with nothing but white walls, a round white table and several chairs in it. Even the windows were covered with blinds.

Several people sat at the table. On the right side, Agnes was seated next to Felix, who in turn, was seated next to Whitney and a petite woman with blonde hair was sitting next to Whitney.

Opposite from them, three men were seated. One was a forty-ish looking man who was slightly pudgy, bald and wearing a crumpled pinstriped shirt of black stripes on white, suspenders and dusty black pants with slightly scuffed leather shoes. The second man was a young and handsome Native American with longish black hair that came to his collar. He wore a purple T-shirt, jeans and sneakers. He would have been even more handsome if he hadn't been sneering. The third and final man was a young man who was also handsome with smooth black skin and a moustache. Unlike the other two men, he was dressed more fomally in a crisp white shirt that had obviously been ironed and black pants that were obviously expensive with sleek, polished shoes.

The man who was standing was tall - perhaps about six feet tall and good-looking, but there was a somber air about him that comandeered the whole room, even though he hadn't said a word yet. He was wearing a grey suit, white shirt and a blue tie with black shoes. He had long dark hair that had been neatly combed and soft grey eyes.

He finally spoke:

"Hello, everyone. My name is Mr. Lauter. I haven't introduced myself to all of you, but I'm the one who called all of you here. I've spoken to Ms. Goldberg and she knows why I'm here. But, the rest of you don't have the information yet, so I will explain:

"I am the owner of Lauter House. I inherited this house from Avery Lauter who was my uncle and also my only family. The reason I'm here is that Avery was somewhat "infamous". He was a famous illusionist, a psychic and somewhat of a magician. He lived in this large house that in the country. When he passed on, I was told that I was not allowed to demolish it or sell it - those were the conditions of his will. After an inspection, I decided to turn the house into a bed-and-breakfast to make it an investment property and a business and I converted it into one. Unfortunately, that didn't work out for one reason. Everyone who has stayed in the house has left after one or two nights. They claim it is haunted. The last straw was when I hired The Amazing Amigo to stay there.

"Who's The Amazing Amigo?" the chubby man asked.

"He's a famous magician who does a lot of shows," Agnes answered.

Mr. Lauter nodded.

"Ms. Goldberg is correct. At least, he was a famous magician. I hired him to stay there for some publicity. He's disappeared and the last place anyone saw him was at Lauter House. That's when Ms. Goldberg approached me. I'll let her explain.

Agnes smiled. "Thank you, Mr. Lauter. My name is Dr. Agnes Goldberg and I am a paranormal investigator who works with my team to solve cases. We also do exorcisms. I have created something that I believe will cleanse the house of the spirit. I call it a "witch trap". The man next to me is Felix, my husband, and the best mental medium that I've ever met. The woman next to him is Whitney O'Shea, who is our physical medium and the woman next to her is Ginger, our video technician. We've basically been hired to inspect the house and also to exorcise the spirit. However, I'm afraid that I don't know the other three gentlemen."

Mr. Lauter nodded.

"That's my doing. Mr. Murphy?"

The bald man said. "My name is Mr. Murphy, but most people just call me Murphy. I own a private police agency." He pointed at the Native American man. "This is Vincente, one of my detectives." He nodded at the black man. "And this is Levi, another detective. I bought them both today because they're my best operatives."

"We're his only operatives," Vincente said.

Mr. Lauter said, "After the disappearance, I wanted to make sure that your team was protected, Ms. Goldberg. So, I called Murphy and organized for him and his team to come along with yours to Lauter House this weekend to make sure you are protected."

"What?!" both Agnes and Vincente objected at the same time.

Vincente said, "You mean, we have to waste our whole weekend chasing Casper the ghost? You've got to be kidding me."

Agnes cleared her throat, "Mr. Lauter, I'm not sure it's necessary to have police officers with us. After all, my whole team is coming."

"No arguments," Mr. Lauter said. After what happened last time, I'm not taking any risks. Either both teams go or none go at all.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Very intriguing! The first chapter made me curious already - now the curtain is lifted a tad more :)
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Okay, you have caught my attention. Well formulated beginning that is moving right along.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic