The Roommates 2 (F/FFF, F/F, FF/F, FF/FFF) - Part 42 + Epilogue - FINISHED

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Now, the epilogue. Again, thanks for the views, the reviews and I hope you stay tuned for season 3 hehe.

EPILOGUE

Barbara huffed. Her steps stopped in the middle of her living room. She hadn’t been expecting the call at all and very less to discuss or plot a tie-up. Her initial answer was no. Many months had passed since the last one. The girl on the other line insisted. But before Barbara could reply, the door bell rang.

Barbara put the call on hold and muted her phone. She opened the door.

“Good night, honey. May I come in?”

“Mac, you know I gave you a key.”

“I know, I know, but this is still your place and good manners dictate I knock first.”

“Sure, whatever, come in.”

Macarena entered the apartment. Barbara walked to her phone and picked it up. She looked at her girlfriend. Mac’s fingers danced around her purse.

“Is everything alright? How were the master classes?” Barb asked.

“Hmm? Oh, genius. You are going to love them. The introduction delivered in perfect time. And the syllabus is structured as expected. Taking this class was an accurate choice.”

“Is that so?” Barb examined Mac’s expression. “So you can’t tell me the teacher did everything right.”

“Professor Rivers does everything right.” Mac replied.

Barb raised an eyebrow. Mac remained in silent for a few seconds. “Fine. Yellow. Why did she had to use yellow frame in her slides with a white background?”

“There you go.” Barb nodded.

But she knew her girlfriend. That couldn’t be just it.

“OK, Mac, I don’t think one yellow frame is enough to upset you. What happened?”

Mac bit her lower lip. “It was a really bright yellow frame.”

“Mac…”

Mac sighed and threw her arms in the air. “OK, fine. This is what happened”

—————————————————-

The bell rang and the fifteen minute break started. They got out of their classrooms and swarmed into the cafeteria. With only half an hour before it closed, most looked for one final snack before returning to their classes.

“Mac, over here!”

I looked at Gabriela waving. We walked to the cafeteria but the students still crowded it. Not a chance to buy anything there. The other choices were the vending machines, but they were located at the other side of the building.

“I’m hungry.” Gaby said. “Vending machines?”

I checked my phone. “Six minutes to go there, plus one minute to go upstairs. And considering there won’t be a row.” I looked at some of the students heading there. “You know what, I have an emergency snack in my car.”

“If you are talking about…”

“It’s not oatmeal. Not this time. Come on.”

We moved past the crowd into the parking lot. Few people surrounded us as we got to my car.

“Aren’t you going to ask me about my classes?” Gaby asked.

“I want to, but you are going to say they were…”

“Pretty boring.” we both said at unison.

We laughed. I opened her glove compartment, took a bag of free gluten cookies and handed them to Gaby.

“At least is not oatmeal.”

“If your class was so boring, which I’m sure it wasn’t, what did you do to entertain yourself?” I asked.

“Gossip. Really good gossip. Makes me think rejoining the soccer team just to not miss any of the fun stuff that happened last Saturday.”

“I heard it. Barb heard about it and told me. Quite a scandal, right?” Mac said, making a disgusted gesture. “They have no respect for these meetings. Choosing the Sports Delegate is of big importance. It’s not the place nor the time for Floria and Karissa to throw jabs at each other.”

“I hate I missed it. Thought they’ll be nicer to each other after Floria moved out.” Gaby said. “Have you talked to one of them?”

“Not in the past months. Have you?”

“Neither. Question: do you miss the games we used to have with them?”

I remained silent. Gaby cocked her head.

“You and Barb are still playing, right?”

“No.” Mac said. “Well yes. And it’s Barb and you. That’s the correct way to phrase it.”

“Don’t change the subject. Have you then?”

I pursed my lips. I raised my right long sleeve a bit to show a red mark around my wrist. I pulled the sleeve back.

“And I also had to wear some makeup to make these pink shades around my lips unnoticeable.” I pointed at my face.

“Nice, very impressive! And how is Barb doing? Is she a little tied up at the moment?”

“Not her turn yet. You know I will follow my schedule.”

“Follow schedule. Respect for meetings. Oatmeal. Sounds the proper skills to be a Sports Delegate. Why did you miss the meeting?” Gaby asked. “You haven’t graduated yet.”

“I haven’t graduated, but I have finished the courses for undergraduate and now I’m taking master degree’s lessons.”

“Still a senior.”

“Super senior is the appropriate term. And the Delegate has to be just a senior.” I said. “I could ask you the same thing. You were the Sports Delegate last year, Gaby. You did it well. You could still be this year’s if…”

“If I had graduated, which I didn’t because I failed this boring class. I don’t want to be the Delegate again. I was in for the drama, the tension, the political games, the occasional bribes…”

“Gaby!”

“Relax, joking. All of that was quite amusing, but not enough for a second year.”

I crossed my arms. “You cannot say it wasn’t interesting. To be able to organize all the schedules, the use of courts, the trainings…”

Gaby raised her eyebrows. “See? You should do it. You love nerd stuff.”

“It’s not nerd stuff! And yes, I would love to be. But with master classes and Barb, plus my job, it’s impossible. I tried last day to fit it in my Excel sheet but…”

I stopped talking and grabbed Gaby’s arm. We were now alone in the parking lot except from a third person. An unknown girl.

“Excuse me, were you following us?”

The unknown girl startled. She cleared her throat.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to. Well, yeah, but not in a creepy way.”

“It’s rude to follow somebody you don’t know.” I said.

The girl nodded. “Yeah, I know, I know. I’m sorry.”

“Well, stop following us. Thank you.” I replied.

“Ac-actually, I was following… I mean, trying to talk to… Gabriela is it?”

Gaby and I exchanged looks. She looked at the new girl and pursed her lips.

“Yeah, that’s me. What do you want?”

“I-I heard… you were… you were the last Sports Delegate? I wasn’t eavesdropping or anything. I’m not rude. Well, yes what I did was rude, but I wasn’t… Anyway, I’m friends with a girl who practices… Athletics. And she mentioned your name and I wanted to ask a few questions. I mean, if that's OK with you?”

I looked at her phone. Then at the building. “We don’t have time. The bell will ring in seven minutes and there is not enough time to return to our classrooms.”

“It’s just one-actually two quick questions if I may? Please?”

Gaby raised her hand before I could reply. “Quick questions then. First?”

“Do you need to like… practice sports, or be in a team to be the Delegate?”

Gaby and I exchanged confused looks. “Well, how do you imagine a Sports Delegate without any knowledge of sports or being in a team? What’s your second question?”

The girl dropped her head. She looked that the answer had disappointed her. “That… not important then… Have a good…”

“Actually,” I intervened “you don’t need to be on a team to be Sports Delegate. And you don’t technically need to practice sports. It’s recommended, yes, and it’s kind of the knowledge that you need, such as knowing the team captains, and which courts are best for each type of training, how long each training session should be, so no team overextends their time, how each equipment…”

“Mac? Stop listing things.” Gaby hissed.

“Right. To your question, no, it’s not an specific requirement for the position to be part of a team or to practice a sport.”

“Is not?” Gaby asked surprised.

The girl seemed to recover her mood. She adjusted her glasses. “Great, I mean… OK, sure. Second question. How does one postulate?”

She bit her lip as she waited for an answer.

“Didn’t your friend who practice sports tell you?” Gaby asked.

“Well, not much a friend currently, more like a roommate… But I was hoping to find a way to get into this Sports world and I though that I could help her with being… the Sports Delegate, maybe? I know it’s bureaucratic and kind of…”

“Boring.”

“Awesome.”

“Right…” the girl adjusted her glasses again. “But does anybody may postulate? Like, one senior girl who doesn’t practice sports?”

“You may present your name to the teachers and trainers. Although it would work best if your friend or roommate nominates you in the Delegate Meeting.”

“Which was last Saturday I know.” The girl said.

We gave her a strange look. The girl seemed to know much more than she was telling.

“I-I… my friend, roommate I mean, told me.” she said.

“May I ask why do you have that much interest? Don’t get me wrong, it’s a really dope job, but where does your interest come from?” I asked.

“I… I thought it would be better to get to know my friend in some place that she has some interests… perhaps?”

“So, you are her friend but don’t share interests?” Gaby asked.

“Well, kind of? I hope so!” The girl clapped. “Anyway, will talk to her then! Thanks, very much. Appreciate it.”

Gaby raised her finger. “Who are you again?”

I checked her phone. “Four minutes! We need to run. Gaby, let’s go!”

I pulled Gaby by her arm and swiftly started their way back to the building. I turned my head to look back. The girl stayed in the parking lot. She pulled her brown hair behind her ears.

—————————————————

“That’s odd.” Barb said with a frounce. “Weird girl following you.”

“Not me, she was following Gaby. And since when non-athletes get interested in the Sports Delegate?”

“Maybe there is another Mac. A Mac who doesn’t practice sports but it’s into Excel sheets and schedules and organizing stuff.”

“I don’t know…”

“I know what to do.” Barb said. She took a deep sigh. “Bring the restraints, you can get your turn doing the tying today.”

“What? Barb, no! The schedule says that my turn is in 23 hours and 15 minutes.” Mac replied.

“Add some exception and some… I don’t know, one of those things so this can work.”

Mac smiled and clapped. “You mean, I can modify the agreement. Oh, I know, we could do like a penalty issue if one turn is rescheduled or even an…”

“You wanna do this or not?”

“Whacka doo! I’ll get the equipment!”

Mac left running towards the bedroom. Barb smirked. She walked back to her phone and unmuted it.

“Sorry, Steph. Will have to get back at you later. Yes, yes, gimme the details tomorrow and I’ll see if I can help.”
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Oh, wow, that epilogue. I had not expected so many more characters to be introduced. At most, a friendly tie-up between some of the main cast. You are truly setting up for a part 3!
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago As things are it is at least something that they agreed on the rules of Engagment And Stephanie is a loose Cannon - but that keeps everyone on their toes
Well, Stephanie is a bit tied up for the moment. Not that she can do anything right now. But, of course, that may change in the days to come.

So, last chapter before the epilogue, which should be deliver in a few more days. Thanks to everybody who commented, specially @Beaumains and @Caesar73! I almost hit that 50k views, which is always exciting.

Thank you for your kind words [mention]Mineira1986[/mention] :) It was a pleasure to read this story, I agree absolutely with [mention]Beaumains[/mention]: Superbly written from start fo finish. Somehow I have the feeling we haven´t seen the last from Stephanie. And Floria knows that, as the last lines of Chapter 42 clearly show. With exception of Stephanie the other three take their punishment in style - mostly :)

And the Epilogue sets the stage nicely! I am really looking forward to it!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic