An American Adventure (M+F+/M+F+) [The Pits]

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

An American Adventure (M+F+/M+F+) [The Pits]

Post by AlexUSA3 »

One of the great things about imagination is that you can imagine a different world. You can imagine a world in which every person has an apple tree, or where the sky is pink and the sunsets are in shades of blue and green. You can imagine a world in which people can actually freely move about because there is power-hungry government restricting travel.

In a world where you can travel, a group of youthful Scots could visit the United States of America. In that world, they could arrange to meet up with a friend of theirs who lives in America. They could theoretically sneak a few things buried deep in their bags so as to not alert security authorities, and then theoretically schedule their connecting flight to allow them to stop for a day in New York to experience America's largest city, which is actually one half the size of London, a little less populated, and possibly more corrupt as well. They could marvel at the American culture and the differences, both good and bad, between it and theirs.

"This curry is disgusting," groaned Paul.
"The Chinese food is awful too," added Gareth with a long sigh.
"Well, maybe the pizza will be good?" Katie wondered aloud.
"I'm not prepared for much except losing 10 pounds via starvation."
"It's not that bad!"
"Imagine how much worse the food will get the further south we get?"
"What are you suggesting, Gareth?" Gemma asked him.
"That it's a bad sign if the melting pot of America can't get good food."
"This might be the case indeed."
"We're here, like it or not," Paul said matter-of-factly, "Make the most of it, and don't let yourselves starve."
"I'm starting to wonder if it'd have been better to Tartarstan," Katie lightened the mood.

It was necessary to lighten the mood because food was strangely a necessity for life just like water and air. Even the water was inedible, something not unheard of in Europe either. It was a less than impressive start to the trip, and to say New York was a disappointment wouldn't do them justice.

Now, we must examine why these youths are in the USA. Among other reasons, they were here to visit their friend Alex (remember that dummy from a previous story?) who lives in the sort-of great state of Florida. Great's relative, but in summer it's not-so-great. It's all so very, very different from Scotland.

Fiction is beautiful. We can imagine that Alex lives on his own and not with his [adjectives redacted] family like in reality. Maybe he lives in an apartment near his university? We're not too certain of anything, really. But, the Scottish youth are in for some pleasant and unpleasant surprises for sure.

The next day was another cycle of waiting in the airport, boarding a plane, and spending hours in the air. This flight ended at their destination though: Tampa International Airport. The craziness was just beginning.
Last edited by AlexUSA3 1 year ago, edited 9 times in total.
CGC Short Stories (F+f+/F+f+): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20527
Find my other CGC Stories in the same link above!

Trammel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trammel »

Fiction or not, they couldn't find good food in New York City?

Interesting start. I will be looking forward to more.

BTW, I had a very bad south Florida experience a few years ago. No interest in going back there.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.

Active story:

The bully, the tree and me (mm/m): http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... 967b8517c3

Recently finished story:

A Kidnapping For MacKenzie.
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Trammel wrote: 2 years ago Fiction or not, they couldn't find good food in New York City?

Interesting start. I will be looking forward to more.

BTW, I had a very bad south Florida experience a few years ago. No interest in going back there.
The UK prides itself on having superior Indian and Chinese takeout. Chinese tennis players love Wimbledon for reasons beyond tennis.

Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

Fantastic start.....we can't wait to see the boys suffer!

:lol:
Trammel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trammel »

[/quote]

The UK prides itself on having superior Indian and Chinese takeout. Chinese tennis players love Wimbledon for reasons beyond tennis.
[/quote]

Ah, makes sense. In any case I look forward to more. My local area has great Thai food, but I am not in NYC or anywhere close.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.

Active story:

The bully, the tree and me (mm/m): http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... 967b8517c3

Recently finished story:

A Kidnapping For MacKenzie.
Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

Now you're being cruel Alex not writing the next part? :lol:

Gemma
:evil: :twisted:
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Gemtie wrote: 2 years ago Now you're being cruel Alex not writing the next part? :lol:

Gemma
Patience, grasshoppers :lol:

Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

:lol: :lol:
Paulscot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Paulscot »

Stop prevaricating and get writing, Alex!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Paul
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Paulscot wrote: 2 years ago Stop prevaricating and get writing, Alex!

Paul
I'm currently seeking inspiration, youth. :lol:

Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

Part 1 where we tie AlexUSA3 to a tree for the night and untie him next morning (if we remember!) after a wonderful nights sleep? LOL

GemGem
Paulscot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Paulscot »

Paulscot
Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

I hope we are really torturing AlexUSA3! :lol: :lol: :lol:

GemGem
Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

Isaac is going to draw his retirement pension before AlexUSA3 writes this story?

GemGem
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Gemtie wrote: 2 years ago Isaac is going to draw his retirement pension before AlexUSA3 writes this story?

GemGem
He won't quite make it there. I finally had an idea to keep things snarky and moving. Problem is that AlexUSA3 is a very uninteresting person.

tiff_tied
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by tiff_tied »

I liked the style of writing on this introduction. It seems a lot different in a very interesting way than a lot of storytelling I’ve been seeing, so good work so far in my opinion
RopeBunny
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by RopeBunny »

A good opening. Like the previous poster I enjoyed the style, all the talk of imagination and what if this was different.

Made for a fun read.

Plus.

Has made me smile reading/scrolling down through all the three way banter going on post chapter one.
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Steam and Traffic

"If I hear one more, 'Look out Gareth!' I might flip!"
"What are you going to do?" asked Paul sarcastically, "Say 'So help me God if I hear one more "Look out Gareth!" I'll turn this car around and go home!' or something like that?"
"He can't do that! We'd drown before we got to Bermuda!" Katie laughed.
"I thought this was Nigel Thornberry's Comvee! It can't turn into a submarine or a raft?"
"That was an extra $50 per day! Sorrrrrrry!"
"Mmmm!"
"Stop it, Tina," came a reprimand from Katie, who was handgagging her cousin while Paul helped hold her down.

Tampa, Florida must be experienced to appreciate it. I am sure there are worse cities for traffic, but not many. For people from Edinburgh, the boat-like cars and wide highways that careen around corners senselessly are quite a workout. On the neck.

And then you drive across a loonnnnngggggg bridge named after some dude named Howard Frankland. Then you're in St. Petersburg. Then you break your necks some more and get off the highway. Then you find your way to some house where some chucklehead named Alex lives. There, you may find some wild adventures.

Just imagine being Gareth, though, driving on unfamiliar road with significantly higher speed limits than you're used to. You've gone from left hand traffic to right hand traffic. And you have two people in the back trying to keep the third pinned and hand gagged.

Life wasn't so good at the moment. The food sucked; the weather sucked; the traffic sucked. Was there anything good to be said? Not really...

Once the car stopped, Gemma stepped out and went to the trunk of the SUV in order to grab some "things". Those things were a few chains, a pair of handcuffs, and a bandana just to make sure Tina behaved herself. She walked over and passed the tools to Paul and Katie.

"These will hold you down!"

Poor Tina. Handcuffed. Chained at her chest, thighs, and ankles, and gagged with a red bandana. It was more about picking on the smallest and youngest. Really it was! It had nothing to do with Paul and Katie.

I don't believe myself either. We know it was Paul and Katie. I know it. Gemma knows it. Tina knows it. You know it.

"Wait until Gareth has the all-clear for us to bring her in quickly," Gemma warned them.
"All right."
"Knock knock!" Gareth said as he rang the doorbell.
"Gareth," answered one ugly dude at the door, "You didn't come all this way alone I hope!"
"After that car ride, I wish I was alone. Why do you Americans drive on the wrong side of the road?"
"I have news, Gareth. It's your nation that's weird. Most of the world drives on the right side like the US."
"Un... uncanny... Could you... hold the door open for a moment?"
"Yeah!"
"Bring 'em in!"

Kate and Paul immediately carried in the tortured Tina. Tina's fun to torture only because she has the most indomitable personality and is feistier than the combined population of Northumbria. Friend Alex observed with curiosity as the squirming bundle was brought in. Another bag followed with Gemma and Gareth.

"Now, how did you sneak chains and handcuffs into this country through all those security systems?"
"It's your story, Alex, you explain it because a lot of your readers are wondering as well," Paul snarkily responded.
"For such a smart mouth, you sure lack answers," Gemma doubled it up.
"Surreee, GemGem!" was a snippy response.
"Now, good sir," Paul interrupted, "You just called her GemGem."
"Yes."
"In front of me."
"Yes."
"That might be cute in private messages online, but this is reality. She's married and has a little boy."
"No GemGem?" Alex asked with a sheepish grin.
"You know what, I don't care if you call me the Wererabbit of Caerbannog at this point. It's just a fictional story, anyway. We'll just decry you if you make something inappropriate occur."
"I can only feed you to the alligators in effigy at this point."
"Ah-hih-ay-ers?" asked Tina.
"Why would you do that anyway?"
"I wouldn't."
"Then why mention it?"
"Why did you call her GemGem anyway?" Gareth wondered innocently.
"Oh, stop it!" GemGem responded.
"Even without knowledge one could identify these five in a photo."
"I have a solution," Katie interrupted, "We make Paul take a nap. He's tired anyway."
"I like this idea."
"I like this idea too!"

Paul was outnumbered and found himself in a St. Andrew's cross on a bed that had no footboard. Thus, a little insulation tape and zipties could bind his wrists, but rope had to be run from his ankles to the feet of the bed. A little inconvenient, maybe, but nothing they hadn't handled before. A blue ball gag silenced the young man... yes, that one!

"How did you get a ball gag through airport security AND customs?!"
"You starting that again?!"

========================================================

Gareth, Alex, Katie, and Gemma mostly just chatted away the time until Alex announced he had to do something special: make what he deemed "proper and fitting" pizza. He was even generous enough to suffer a little and make his friends a red pizza.

"Now what makes you think yours will be better?" Katie asked suspiciously.
"Two things help make food good: (1) a recipe that's correct and (2) a cook who cares."
"We only have point (1) covered," Gareth responded sarcastically.
"I'll put a little more hot pepper on your part!"
"He threatened you," Gemma said with a grin.
"You should try to bucking bronco the helpless Tina while that's baking," Katie tried to start trouble.
"I can't risk injuring myself until after dinner."
"Must you be so methodical and stoical??"
"YES! Or you'll have an injured host and a burned dinner."
"He's a spoil sport!"
"I must ask something... Is it always so wet here?" Gareth asked.
"Florida: March-Dec, 90°F (32°C), almost saturated air, most days see thunderstorms pop somewhere in the state. Dec-March, anywhere from 40°F (4°C) to 80°F (27°C) and anywhere from dry to rainy. It's a mixed bag."
"It's a gross bag. Thunder is a rarity back home."
"Don't forget hurricanes."
"I've seen what those can do on the telly."
"They're worse in reality."
"Been in one?"
"Multiple."
"Was it fun?"
"If your idea of fun is staying up all night wondering if the next rattle is your wall or roof flying away like a leaf."
"Sounds spooky."
"The tornadoes are spookier."
"Tornadoes? Here?"
"Can spawn at random?"
"Tornadoes, hurricanes, panthers, cockroaches, mosquitoes, bears, gators, coyotes, armadillos, junkies, hobos... is this place safe in anyway? I suppose you have Ted Bundy impersonator clubs?"
"Let me think about that for a while. No."
"No? I have read that much about Florida."
"No."
"Do people go camping at all down here?"
"Only if they're really fearless. The kind that knows how to kill with a shotgun at 100 yards or know how to use a machine gun."

========================================================

If there were any lessons to be learned, it's that homemade food made properly is generally superior to eat-in or take-out. Now, it's a bit harder to get a dessert, but unless you're Gemma I doubt that it's much of a disappointment anyway. That said, it's better to move on before I poke any more fun at Gemma or anyone else for that matter. Except myself. I'm easy to pick on because I have it all: I'm religious, I'm a nerd, and my face resembles a trash compactor.

"Where's the basement?" Gemma asked after supper.
"There are no basements in Florida. The groundwater would flood it."
"Do you go swimming anywhere?"
"Oh, yeah, you can go swimming in the Gulf."
"What about sharks?"
"A reality, but overstated. Six times out of seven you won't see any."
"No YMCA or community center?"
"Only if you like ear infections."
"Ear infections?! How?!" Paul was flabbergasted by this.
"Americans are an incredibly selfish people. Their sweet littles are entitled to pee, poop, and vomit in the water."
"Disgusting."
"Why don't we just get in the car and take a ride up to safe ol' Canada? Or maybe South Dakota?!" Gareth found this all preposterous.
"Now, it's not all bad. I just gave you the worst first. We have a private porch where no one can see you."
"I'm starting to see why the plan is to do the camping further north...," Katie rolled her eyes.
"If you don't mind sweating a little, you can have lots of fun outdoors in Florida."

That night was a very pleasant one for Paul, Tina, Katie, and Gemma as they camped out on the living room floor. Normally Alex would let his guests have the beds, but a better use was found. After so much bickering, it was deeply satisfying to put Gareth and Alex in stake-outs on the two beds. Yes, one technically belonged to Alex's roommate who was away for the season, but it was a bed nevertheless. Certain problems can be fixed by a little insulation tape, a few zipties, a few pieces of rope, and a couple ball gags.

It was an interesting start to the Florida leg of their journey.

Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

Another truly fantastic story by a gifted writer. Can't wait to see who gets what next? LOL

Gemma
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Gemtie wrote: 2 years ago Another truly fantastic story by a gifted writer. Can't wait to see who gets what next? LOL

Gemma
Your guess is as good as mine. :lol:

Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

Maybe we should show our appreciation to our host by subjecting him to torture? :lol:

GemGem
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Gemtie wrote: 2 years ago Maybe we should show our appreciation to our host by subjecting him to torture? :lol:

GemGem
You tied him for the night already and now want to torture him? :lol:

We'll play Russian Roulette and decide who gets fed to the alligators? :shock:

Alex

Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

Cry baby!

:lol: :lol:
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Rope Demonstration

Gazebos are a wonderful thing. How? Let me tell you. The next day our little group of friends-- if six can be called little-- decided to spend some time in nature in the safe Florida style. West Florida, at the very least, has locations where you can be more or less safe in nature for extended periods. Especially in St. Petersburg, where there are nature reserves, you needn't worry the least bit about panthers.

Our "little group" thus took a day excursion to enjoy these sights and sounds. Alex, Gareth, Gemma, Paul, Katie, and Tina decided to take a picnic into one of these secluded public areas where they could have fun and yet still not be spotted necessarily.

"We're cooking on that?!" Gareth asked in true doctoral wisdom as he studied the rusted public charcoal grill.
"Of course not," said the unwise but still knowledgeable Alex, "That's why I own my own little grill."
"Now, look her, you twisted little," they overheard Gemma say to Paul.
"Lunch will only be in 30 minutes top!" Paul rebuked her.
"Lookie there!" Gareth said as Paul and Katie were attaching ropes to the rafters of the gazebo.
"Quite the spot to be," Alex somehow agreed as they looked down and saw the other ends were around Gemma's wrists.
"Just for this no lunch for you two!" Gemma uselessly threatened as the two stood on picnic tables to knot the ropes.
"You're in enough trouble already!" Katie teased.
"Let me be you naughties!"
"Would you shut up?" Tina deadpanned everyone's feelings.
"Good suggestion," Paul said as he grabbed a ball gag.
"Now, listen here, Paul, I'mmmm!" Gemma's complaints ended.
"See? No more complaints."
"Hood the girl," Alex suggested, "She doesn't deserve to smell delicious hamburgers."
"You read my mind!"

Paul pulled a gym bag over Gemma's head and closed with the usual Scottish professionalism. In this humidity, Gemma knew she had no choice but to be quiet and calm down as she was going to be sweating enough as it is. It was time to suffer a little.

The humidity made the bag quite uncomfortable. The sweat soon began pouring down Gemma's face while she awaited her lunch to be cooked. At the very least, her arms were not taut, so gravity wasn't taking it's toll on her wrists as soon as it otherwise might have.

"You doing OK?" Katie asked her after a little bit.
"Uh huh!" Gemma replied while thinking about how odd it is to hear yet not to smell the food that was cooking.

Gemma's imprisonment was ended 31 minutes after it began as it was time to eat. Alex could definitely cook a burger properly to say the least. They all had to admit that Alex could cook even if his favorites were different from theirs.

"So what exactly do you do?"
"I squat on a mushroom and ponder the problems of the physical universe."
"As opposed to the metaphysical one," Gareth quipped.
"Or the unphysical one!" Tina added.
"No, no! I can take Paul, put him alone on a boat with 3 months of food, set it to flow somewhere near Mexico, and try to predict where he will be in 2 months. Then I can go out there and retrieve the lad before he starves."
"Will I have grown a beard?" Paul asked.
"Depends on whether you shave or not."
"Will I get a traveling buddy?"
"I said you're alone."
"Will it have a bathroom?"
"Depends on the boat."
"Can I go fishing?"
"If you'd like."
"Can he ask passing boats for Salvation Army donations?" Katie asked.
"If he likes being torpedoed."
"Why would I be the one set adrift?"
"Because, Paul, it'll help you appreciate how fun it is to be staked out on the grass in Scotland."

After lunch, Paul and Gemma made a stealthy attack on Alex and Katie. The former as their the host and the latter as the only one not to be tied up yet.

"Have you read the Chronicles of Narnia?" Paul asked Alex.
"Of course. I remember some of them well 18 years later."
"Let's reenact one scene from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe!"
"It is time for a rope demonstration!" Gemma said.

This meant roping Alex and Katie's wrists together in front of them and cleave gagging them with red and blue bandanas, respectively. Lead ropes were then attached to their wrists. With that done, it was now time to take a walk around the forest.

Alex and Katie were now the victims at hand to be "cruelly" led about just like Edmund in the tale. Only their captors were nice and not planning to kill them, and there was no Aslan to save the day. Instead, they were quite stuck yet in no danger.

Forest walks in Florida typically lend themselves to four things: spiders, flowers, the animals that like those flowers, and foliage. Tina and Paul were in interested in the first and third items. Alex was interested in the last two. Gemma liked the second and third. Gareth and Katie probably didn't have a preference. Nevertheless, Alex and Katie's opinions were moot and mute.

After some time of walking deep into the forest where they were surely secluded, Paul and Gemma climbed trees and tied the lead ropes to branches above. Tina and Gareth stood by Alex, and Paul and Gemma stood by Katie.

It was tickling time.

"Time to suffer, children!"
"Gah hah hah!"

Now, you've never been tickled unless you've been tickled by Paul, Katie, or Tina, especially the last of those 3. It's not that she's necessarily possessing the best technique but that she combines technique, insults, and attitude to make a perfect blend. Add in the Florida heat, and you are the victim of a very sweaty tickling.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is nearby, is there a sound? If two people have their arms hoisted above them for tickling, and no one else but their captors witnesses it, did it even happen?

I can't answer either of those questions at this time.

Gemtie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Gemtie »

Fantastic, Alex

:D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic