Spy Camp (m+f+/m+f+) Part 36

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Damn, right when trust might settling in... a new player arrives. Has he been informed previously, I wonder...
good chapter, nice dialogues.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Ovi1 wrote: 1 year ago Amazing chapter, love the description of Giselle bring tied, the snake really shows how she feels about the ropes. And a great cliffhanger!
I will definitely be here for the next chapter!
Me too :) There is that mysterious offer by Red Deer ... as far as we know: Giselle does not know herself why her parents sent her to that camp. And that cliffhanger at the end? Nicely done!
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Quite interesting chapter. I expected to see the challenge with the bloodhound, but the ellipsis was good.

Man, Giselle really hates being there. I hope she finds a way to enjoy herself. Although, maybe being tied up with Tara (and soon, Red Deer it seems), probably won't help in that direction.

Good work!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

It feels like you are letting us have very carefully measured bits of information at a time. To me, the big question is why did Giselle's parents send her to this camp. There must be a lot to this backstory. [mention]Beaumains[/mention], you are a masterful storyteller!
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

The people know they have to work together, some of them seem to want to get to know the others a bit more. Giselle seems to prefer her own privacy, she still is not keen at all about the bondage element to the games. Letting someone tie her up, was a big step for her. !
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Ovi1 wrote: 1 year ago Amazing chapter, love the description of Giselle bring tied, the snake really shows how she feels about the ropes. And a great cliffhanger!
I will definitely be here for the next chapter!
Thanks, good to know you like the metaphors.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago It feels like you are letting us have very carefully measured bits of information at a time. To me, the big question is why did Giselle's parents send her to this camp. There must be a lot to this backstory. @Beaumains, you are a masterful storyteller!
Thanks a lot! Even I don't know the exact storyline here, so it is mostly to keep some information hidden for now. I can imagine it might be a little frustrating at times ;)

------------------------------------------------------------

Red Deer turned around and slowly rose. Giselle expected her to tremble, prepare to fight, or flee, but she only seemed to suppress her anger. There was no way to go.

“Come here, Red Deer,” the girl chuckled. “Don’t attempt anything. You’ll regret it. Just deal with it that your childish plan turned out to be foolish and naive.”

Red Deer nodded and left Giselle’s field of view. She said no word nor exchanged a smile.

“Rope her up,” the boy shouted. “Then untie and retie the others one by one.”

Behind Giselle’s back, little happened for the next few minutes. Everyone remained silent, save for the wind above the office building, grunts, and ropes gnarling against themselves. In fear, Giselle wanted to shout and ask what was going on but did not find the courage. Whatever these bullies desired, looking weak would not help. She would explain the situation and her desire not to deal with any of this shit. Whatever game Red Deer and Tarantula wanted her to take part in, she would not play along.

A hand grabbed her head from behind and pressed cloth into her mouth. Bound to the pole, Giselle tried to pull away, which was useless.

“Be a good girl and cooperate,” the bully girl whispered. Pulling elastic bandages over her mouth, she secured Giselle’s gag. It was tight, and Giselle screamed and shook her head. “Stay still!” The girl grabbed her head again and pulled a velvet bag over it. Giselle’s eyes did not welcome the darkness and frantically searched for the non-existing light.

She expected much more violence and awfulness, but it remained quiet. The invaders dealt with Red and Tara first, so only an uncomfortable amount of time stressing what was to come filled the black emptiness in front of her. Finally, something tugged her leg, and the pressure disappeared. Someone untied the ropes around her legs, and Giselle stabilized herself by putting her feet a little apart.

“Watch it,” the girl whispered. “Remember where you are. Make one wrong step, and you fall five stories down.”

Giselle nodded. She agreed. Falling to her death would not be a favorable outcome. The ropes around her arm loosened but were quickly reconnected behind her back. The only difference was they were tighter, and there was no pole between them. The brute girl grabbed her shoulder and walked her away, carefully around the edge but ruthless otherwise. She led Giselle back to the staircase inside and through the enormous building, where stairs, corners, and an elevator disorientated her blind, fearful victim.

“Sit down,” the girl commanded. The two were likely alone as Giselle had no other footsteps, yet, she could not be sure. Wood against the insides of Giselle‘s knees and lowered herself on the stool. Instantly, the girl snatched a rope and bound her ankles to the chair, followed by ropes below her knees and one over her upper legs to keep her from standing up.

“You know why ‘r here?”

Giselle shook her head.

“Trying to act innocently?”

Giselle took a further dislike to her kidnapper.

“Really? Keep shakin’ ya head? Secretly plotting and thinking it has no consequences?”

Giselle bobbed her head and sighed. Can’t these people not leave her alone? Leave her not alone to deal with this shit?

“Ya lying. It was no dumb party on the roof.”

A tear rolled across Giselle’s cheek, but the hood covered her panic and dread.

“It would be better if ya be truthful, Swift Fox. Poor lies won’t bring you anything positive. So tell me, what were you doing upstairs?” She grabbed the hood, raised it a little to undo the gag, and dropped it again. The soaked rag fell down on Giselle’s lap.

“What the actual fuck do you want?” Giselle shouted. “Let me go.”

The girl laughed. “Wanna do it the hard way? Don’t tell me you want to punish me by giving me all the fun in the world. C’mon, lass, what were you three doing up there? You with that Tarantula and Red Deer?”

“Nothing! They brought me there. I’m clueless about whatever the fuck is going on here, okay? No plotting, not trying to hurt anyone, so let me go, you sadist idiot. You got the wrong one.”

“You’re a brilliant actor. Ya’re telling me you got no clue what’s going on? Then exactly state what Red and Tara wanted. No lies. It’s hard to believe you got no clue ‘bout the bondage and the politics. You cannot know nothing.”

Giselle sighed. “No, I don’t. What the hell is going on? Tara just said she wanted to team up. Not sure what that means.” She wanted to add “Tara, that bitch,” but feared such words would haunt her. Giselle expected she had known about this kidnapping as a reasonable outcome.

“Gotcha, that’s plotting.”

“How?”

The girl grabbed the hood and pulled it away in a dramatic fashion. Giselle had no specific expectations, but a mediocre hotel room was the last she expected. A double bed with white sheets dominated the room that grey-blue wallpaper encircled. An AI’s tasteless perception of art covered two walls.

“Cause they want this room,” the girl smiled as Giselle finally saw her. Willet was her name, as Giselle remembered as she had taken first place this afternoon. Her blonde hair almost hit Giselle in the face. Her strong arms intimidated Giselle, who had calmed down and had entered hopelessness. “When we have a mission, there are commanders, team leaders, and one of the perks is your own room. No more shared dormitories with 10 others, but your own bathroom and Jacuzzi. We got snacks, drinks, and a proper mattress, and we wanna defend that. Red and Tara tried to use you to attack our position.”

Giselle sighed. “I got nothing to do with that.”

“Maybe, maybe not. But we gotta send a message.”

“Message received,” Giselle hissed. “Fetch the other two. Pain them cause you seem to love that.”

Willet laughed and petted Giselle on her indefensible head. “Oh, I got some friends taking care of them, so no worries, you aren’t singled out. These rooms are sound-proof. But you only received the message, so I still gotta instill it. You stay here for the night.”

“You can’t do that!”

“We will make it a fun night, but you stay tied.”

“What about no? I do not consent to that. Let me go,” Giselle pleaded, knowing it was useless. She feared Hedgehog was not the biggest asshole in this building.

Willet laughed. “All is fair in love and war. So, what do you want to drink?”
Last edited by Beaumains 6 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Exciting chapter. We now see Giselle captured fully against her will by a hostile party. Gonna be interesting to see how she gets out of this and how it changes her when she does.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

Looks like things have taken a dramatic turn for Giselle. What can she do, who should she trust. With some luck, she may be able to work all this out, but I think, she will need some help. :)
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

> We will make it a fun night, but you stay tied.

Now that sounds like fun... Okay, maybe not for Giselle.
Good addition.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Well, Swift Fox is not going to enjoy the next chapter.

I like how some of the rivalries and conflicts among the other participants are shown. What are they after, what are they playing for. A single room, not having to share with others, sounds really cool.

I wonder how long will Giselle try to stay out of these conflicts, as it's very clear she could really use a side and allies that may defend her in these scenarios.

Good work!
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Willet pushed a blindfolded and gagged Giselle down on a soft velvet chair, gripped her ankles, rounded a rope around them, and linked them to the floor. It was uncomfortable her arms were still fixed behind her back, but Willet reassured her she would go easy on her. They had talked for maybe half an hour, convincing Giselle that everyone at this camp was mentally ill, and everyone cherished them. These tie-ups and kidnaps happened every day. And she was stuck here.

“Welcome back, Swift Fox,” Willet announced as she ripped the blindfold away. And if there was not a rag secured in her mouth with elastic bandages, she would have shouted “what the fuck,” as they were in a private cinema. Sixteen white chairs eyed the big screen, and glass bottles of soda and fruit juices awaited in the champagne coolers.

“You ain’t looking forward to a little movie night? I told ya we had a nice surprise tonight.”

Giselle’s expectations were modest. It would likely not be an ordinary movie.

“Don’t give me that look. I could treat you a lot worse and really mean a lot. I can also put ya in a closet and wait till dawn.”

Giselle hoped Willet lied, talking about trembling the rule someone had to watch their captive at all times.

“I’d recommend you should relax and wait. Glaring won’t make morning arrive faster.” Willet grabbed a few more ropes to secure Giselle’s upper legs together and used a broad band to force her back in the chair. Perhaps she did not intend harming her, but Giselle wanted to scream at another crazy bitch. She was stuck already, so why would any more ropes be necessary?

The door opened, and three others approached, two smiling and one unrecognizable. A boy and a girl pulled a leash with the third person, whose head was engulfed by black fabric. Red ropes covered the black sweatpants and sweater of the uniform and forced her arms to the side and her arms to her thighs. A tight rope between her knees and a loose one between her ankles hindered her movement.

Like a Renaissance witch brought to the pyre to be burned alive, they forced her forwards. The boy pulled the leash connected to her stomach, and the girl pushed her to go faster and snatched her whenever she lost balance.

“And that’s what you coulda also look like,” Willet instilled, running her hand through Giselle’s hair. “So now you’ll smile and be grateful, won’t you?”

The bound girl was seated next to Giselle. She could not tell whether Red Deer or Tarantula had the dubious honor of being here.

“So, where is my nod confirmed with a gracious smile?” Willet continued to taunt as the bound girl was fastened to the chair. Willet grabbed a rope, but Giselle forced her eyebrows to lift to project clearly faked happiness. “There ya go! Time for a movie.” She sat next to Giselle, dimmed the lights with a remote, and started the movie. The other two had sat down, and Giselle was delighted the taunts had stopped as the three could try to outdo each other’s cruelties with ease.

The movie itself was childish and commercial, a typical teen rom-com. A cheap display of naive love, actors in their late twenties nowhere resembling the ages they played, and high school cliches from the eighties but with added smartphones. The lead actress was a former child star, all bubbly, but with parents in the movie industry, it was not her talent that had jump-started her career. The plot was as predictable and awkward as anyone with more than a rat’s brain could imagine, and the final scene led to a boring sunset kiss.

Fortunately, the three commanders enjoyed it, judging by their laughter and generous intake of snacks and drinks. Red Deer or Tarantula, whoever was sitting next to her, was still blindfolded but kept herself quiet. Despite the mediocre cinematography, Giselle did not mind the situation. If these creeps would keep her bound all night, she would rather have lousy entertainment than be the entertainment.

“Time for bed?” the boy yawned as the credits rolled. Even the cool kids here behaved like teachers’ pets. It was not even past eleven.

“Yeah, we’re running late. Gotta put the girls to bed too,” Willet said as she blinded everyone by setting the lights back to their maximum brightness. She untied Giselle from the chair and freed her legs again before forcing the blindfold over her face. “See ya later. Breakfast tomorrow at 7:30?”

The others agreed, and soon Giselle returned to Willet’s private room, where she worried about how she could spend the night tied up. It appeared it would be painful and unpleasant. The blindfold was lifted again, allowing her to stare directly at Willet’s smirking face.

“Let’s make a deal. You prepare for bed untied and let yourself be bound again like a good girl. Okay?”

Giselle’s head hurt like someone had tried to shape it like a brick with another brick. She groaned and attempted to rub her eyes to expose them. She failed and groaned again, opening her eyes. It made little difference, which made her remember how she had ended up in the soft bed. She was tied up and strapped in a red sleeping bag with her legs tied and her arms in a separate compartment. A sleeping mask isolated her even further.

Giselle tried to rub it off with her big pillow and succeeded not much later.

“Morning, Swift Fox,” Willet said, sitting two feet to Giselle’s right, reading a shabby book. Her red-blushed cheeks and royal blue eyes hid behind thick glasses. “Slept well?”

“Absolutely. An exceptional night,” Giselle replied, unsurprised to see a Tom Clancy book here.

Willet smiled. “Awesome. You took it so so well. Thanks for trusting me and playing along.”

“For the record, that was sarcasm. Ma back’s stiff as hell.”

“That’ll fade. By the way, you looked calm and cute while sleeping, so it can’t be that severe.”

Giselle restrained herself from firing at Willet for this utterly outlandish remark. “I had little choice, did I?”

“You could’ve opted for a safeword, as your panic seemed genuine. For your first being actually tied up and your second day knowing about tie-ups, you went pretty far. And you were exhausted after your first day here.”

Her peer’s patronizing remarks upset Giselle, but she kept silent.

“I hope you can see the silver linings. It ain’t all terrible. You got a vastly superior mattress, a quiet room, and natural light in the morning, and you still have to test the rain shower. Besides, now we met. If we ever need each other’s help, it makes life a lot easier.”

“I thought you disliked me.”

“Not in the slightest. Why would I waste my time and perks on someone I hate? Red Deer and Tarantula are amazing too, but they gotta stay away from challenging us. They don’t mind being tied up and part of our games but will certainly take revenge when they can. We are friends but also enemies within the game if that makes sense. Our competition makes this camp unique and more fun. Most ain’t got the guts to try what they do, and I gotta respect that.”

“So they knew this could happen?”

“Absolutely.”

“Fuck them, bloody liars.”

Willet laughed. “Why the bad words? It’s all a game. Nothing more, nothing less.”
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Giselle is gaining insight into her situation. I remain very curious as to how she will process this. Great story, [mention]Beaumains[/mention].
Spy Task Force Completed
Ovi1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ovi1 »

Your writing is still great and I am happy to see the plot thicken as the story progresses
I believe you would be a lot more comfortable in ropes
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Well, she took her captivity better than expected. It sounds like she's finally adapting to the camp.

Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Well, she took her captivity better than expected. It sounds like she's finally adapting to the camp.
It surely seems that way - and it seems the prudent course of action. I am not sure though if she is really adapting or playing along for the time being.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

“Not an easy guess,” Willet said, staring into Giselle’s eyes. “You say you put a ball in that cup, but I don’t believe you. Let me check.” She pulled out a sheet with notes and revised them, trying to deduce a pattern in Giselle’s replies. “I reckon you’re lying,” she murmured. “Not sure. It’s hard to read you. Maybe not. I’d guess you put a ball in that cup now.”

“Final answer?”

“Yeah.”

“Wanna see that ball?” Giselle laughed. “One problem: It ain’t there.”

Willet sighed but broke a faint smile. “Well played.”

The rules were simple: 5 balls and 10 cups. Every turn, Giselle had to choose whether to put a ball in a cup below the table and present the closed cup to her opponent, Willet. She had to guess whether the ball was inside, but she could only open five cups. If Willet found at least 3 balls, she won. Else, Giselle won. In the early afternoon, half the group played this game while the rest had moved to the ‘main’ game of the day. The morning classes, swimming stealthily and trying to match faces in a crowd, had been weird but not too outlandishly embarrassing.

“I would open this one as well if I were you,” Giselle said, placing the next cup on the table.

“I suspect you’re lying again, judging by your movements. Your lips, you lick them when you lie.”

Giselle laughed. The rules stated she had to reply to make the game more than a coin flip. “Nah, you just licked your lips, and you’re the one bluffing. You’re clueless. You try making me self-conscious. Not gonna work.”

“Then why did I see that?”

“Cause you like cheap tricks. You can’t win otherwise.”

“Now you dare to open your mouth, don’t you? Aggression often indicates lying,” Willet said unsurely, while Giselle did not want to send her opponent in a specific direction. She merely uttered some random words. Not caring made lying easy. Willet wanted to call her out, try to make her change position, and give away information.

“So what will it be?”

“You’re not truthful, Swift Fox. No ball’s there.”

“Certain?” Giselle asked, and Willet nodded. Her opponent’s heart pounded. At least someone was invested in the game. “Too bad, dude. That’s one for me.” Indeed, a white golf ball rolled out into the palm of her hand. “And I was right. You’re the one who is bluffing badly.”

Willet sighed as she was try-harding. “You gotta tell how you do this afterward.”

Giselle smirked. Her strategy would remain secret. She used the sentence “you’re an ass” to determine when she put a ball in a cup. Whenever there was a vowel, she would put a ball in. However, she would only claim she put one in when she encountered a vowel in the first ten letters of “unhinged idiot.” She did not want to play the game, and by choosing both sentences at the start of a game, she avoided playing. She did not have to make decisions and minimized interactions with these people. The game became a coin flip again, and Giselle would be safely mediocre. Besides, she did not have to try to lie to read these psychopaths. “Not much going on inside here. Just being random.”

“I doubt that. Let’s test that theory. Sixth round, so if you lie, and I fall for it, you gonna let me tie. But you won’t do that, would you? Ya know, I won’t be as pleasant as yesterday.”

“You’re crazy. I would …” Giselle said before Willet cut her off.

“But, you lied already during this round in earlier games, getting you a nice little ball-gag and your legs bound together on separate occasions. So, maybe you are not as afraid as you pretend to be. Perhaps you only showed you’re a wonderful actress these past days, conning your way through everything so far. Yesterday, for moments, you looked peaceful. You slept like an angel. I’m onto you, Swift Fox.”

Giselle sighed and stared at the table, ignoring Willet’s rant. She had a strategy and would follow it. There was no reason to play mind games with Willet and lose this stupid game. Although she was unsure, there would likely be punishments for the worst players. Therefore, a mediocre coin flip-based approach was good enough. She had made peace with the fact this would be a summer of suffering.

“If my theory holds, you’re amazing. Else, you’re acting like a champ. But I want to be the best, so I got something to discourage you from deceiving me,” Willet continued. Hoping to catch good omens, her eyes matched Giselle’s, who saw Willet lick her lips.

Giselle’s mind wandered to last week, chilling with her friends at the abandoned cement factory to deflect the tricking and manipulative spells behind her opponent’s words.

Willet opened her bag and removed a roll of clear wrap like an ordinary person would use to cover leftovers in their fridge. “You see, Swift Fox, I could cover you from your little toes to neck with this stuff and only one arm and your head uncovered. You could feel like a useless mermaid, a stupid worm, and a steamed sausage roll all at once. It won’t be fun.”

Giselle took a deep breath. A plan was a plan, and her strategy told her to lie and put the ball entered the cup. Being truthful would be more convenient, but Willet was bluffing again. She matched eyes with Hannover, who stood 10 feet behind Willet and turned away as if her eavesdropping had gone unnoticed.

“So, ball or no ball?”

“There’s no ball inside,” Giselle lied.

“Is that the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?”

Giselle affirmed this.

“You’re lying,” Willet guessed correctly.

“Yeah, I’m unafraid of big scary Willet and her roll of plastic,” Swift Fox blurted out. Willet dived in her notebook, searching for patterns of whether her opponent was bluffing or double bluffing. In reality, she told the truth, now accepting this vacation would be filled with cruelties. She was not frightened anymore and would face the misery and torments head-on. “I’m no liar when you threaten me with being turned into a see-through mummy and polluting all the oceans.”

“I love your sarcasm.”

“Who says it is sarcasm? I’m not frightened of this commander with her private room, rain shower, and arbitrary authority to kidnap anyone she wants and keep them tied up like a nutcase five-year-old playing with barbie dolls. No! You’re just another bully, only thinking about herself,” Giselle mocked, not breaking eye contact.

“That’s rude,” Willet spoke, not breaking a sweat. “Making it personal.”

“Is it? Who of us was rude first when we met?” Giselle continued. She had intended to toy with Willet, but her heart had overruled her brain.

“Okay, let’s return to the game, shall we? No need to do this. If you are seriously furious with me, talk with a counselor so we can solve this. If you’re still playing the game, calm down. No need to play this hard. It won’t make you friends. Okay?”

Giselle nodded.

“Then, you said you did not put a ball in your cup.”

Giselle nodded again.

Willet’s joy had disappeared as she looked away. “There are five rounds left. You have two balls, which I’ve to find both. I can claim three more cups. Complicated. Hard game,” she murmured, pausing to take a sip from her water bottle. “That was no lie, I reckon. There’s no ball there.”

“Final answer?”

“Yeah.”

Giselle turned the cup upside down, letting the little black ball roll out. “I won. You miscounted. I smuggled 3 balls past you.”

Willet’s face turned dark. “You? You? You are ice cold. You know I am still going to wrap you, okay?”

“Yeah, sure, whatever, do what makes you happy,” Giselle scuffed.

“I certainly will. If you treat me like that, I won’t let myself be manipulated into letting this slip. Mental games are allowed, but you’re stretching it. I don’t like this attitude.”

Giselle could hardly care about Willet’s feelings.

“Remove your shoes, please.”

Giselle kicked the trainers off her feet and watched Willet unroll plastic from the roll. She stepped around the table, crouched, and seized Giselle’s black-socked feet. With an eerie sound, she rounded the wrap five times, packaging the entire feet like a cheap parcel. She moved up Giselle’s legs and covered them with at least five layers of plastic. Her displeased, silent victim hated the odd sensation, as she could not shift them independently anymore. There was no pressure, only a bizarre feeling as if her body said: “no, that movement is impossible.”

“Stand up,” Willet commanded. “Hands to your sides. You won’t need it until the next game, so you’ll lose both of them.”

“Whatever brightens your day,” Giselle said as she tried to move up, only knocking the chair away beneath her. The plastic cracked as she feared losing balance, but Willet gripped her arms and hauled her up. She was too proud to thank her for saving her from a nasty fall.

Giselle’s muscles were even further restricted in their movements, plastering her hands, wrists, elbows, and biceps to her sides. She felt vulnerable, unable to catch herself, walk away, or defend herself in any other way than screaming and spitting. It was almost claustrophobic, feeling something push back when she breathed and unable to move.

After tearing off the remaining wrap well over Giselle’s shoulders, Willet lowered Giselle back into the chair, pressuring her lower back.

“Do you know understand I was kinder yesterday? Or do you prefer this?”

Giselle glared as sweat formed on her back.

“You should be glad the game ends in only 10 minutes.”
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Nice introduction to probability theory, [mention]Beaumains[/mention]. I have lost the bubble (a submarine sailor's term) on why Willet gets to wrap Giselle, But it didn't matter. I still enjoyed this chapter very much.
Spy Task Force Completed
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago Nice introduction to probability theory, @Beaumains. I have lost the bubble (a submarine sailor's term) on why Willet gets to wrap Giselle, But it didn't matter. I still enjoyed this chapter very much.
Glad it's not just me. I was confused about that as well.

Interesting contest of wits here. It's kind of neat how Giselle's apathy toward the game was her biggest asset in winning it. It's like they say: If you want to know the easiest way to do something, ask a lazy person.

This chapter felt a bit like filler in terms of advancing the story, but I guess we see a relationship (good or bad) developing between Giselle and Willet.

Ovi1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ovi1 »

Nice chapter again! Indeed a bit odd to see no reward go to swift fox for winning. But then again, game mechanics are a tad boring to explain
I believe you would be a lot more comfortable in ropes
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

I liked that chapter. Giselle won through stubborness alone. If she has adapted better to the Games remains to be seen ... it will be interesting to see where you will taking that story. At the moment I would not risk a guess :)
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago It’s all a game. Nothing more, nothing less.
Those famous words... it is just a game...

Great update. Giselle/Swift Fox is getting more insight in what goes on in the camp, specifically between people.
And I agree with Willet, why waste time on people you DON'T like.

And yes, I know I am reacting to an older chapter, just catching up.

Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Ovi1 wrote: 1 year ago Nice chapter again! Indeed a bit odd to see no reward go to swift fox for winning. But then again, game mechanics are a tad boring to explain
Yeah, maybe I should have explained this better, but it was already quite technical. Basically, Willet was allowed to tie up Giselle cause she lied during a specific round. Multiple of such games are played, and there's only a reward of you do well overall (win many of such games).
Shotrow wrote: 1 year ago Interesting contest of wits here. It's kind of neat how Giselle's apathy toward the game was her biggest asset in winning it. It's like they say: If you want to know the easiest way to do something, ask a lazy person.
It was not so much that Giselle was lazy, she was just lucky. Her strategy was not to make any choices and don't base her strategy on her opponent and just hope the coin flips in the correct way.
slackywacky wrote: 1 year ago And I agree with Willet, why waste time on people you DON'T like.
Cause you sometimes you need the money from your shitty boss ;)
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago It was not so much that Giselle was lazy, she was just lucky. Her strategy was not to make any choices and don't base her strategy on her opponent and just hope the coin flips in the correct way.
Oh, I thought that it was because she wasn't making any choices that her opponent couldn't discern any pattern to her responses.

slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago Cause you sometimes you need the money from your shitty boss ;)
True, so very true.

Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Well, well, Giselle is trying to be part of this world, at least some of it. Although, she is a bit mean to Willet. I understand that most of these scenarios make her uncomfortable and she doesn't particularly care for anyone there, but she did come out kind of mean. Not sure if that's what she should be doing, specially since she'll be there for several more days. It would be really interesting to see if she eventually changes =).
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic