Hardy Boys fun (F/Mmm)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Jeff K
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Hardy Boys fun (F/Mmm)

Post by Jeff K »

Kyle here. Last Sunday, my son came to me excitedly telling me about a book he'd read. It was a Hardy Boys book: The House on the Cliff. Being that I'm familiar with the Hardy Boys, I had a bit of an idea where this was going. He described how there was a scene in it in which Frank and Joe Hardy, teenage sleuths, attempt to rescue their father from his captors, only to get captured alongside him. He then asked if we could get more Hardy Boys books, and I said sure. But another idea sprung to mind.

After consulting with my wife, and gaining the OK from Jack, that Thursday, I made my plan take action. I had decided to stage a recreation of that particular scene. Jack was to distract Rory with some game while everything else was set up. My wife and I put together a bit of a scavenger hunt, based on the Hardy Boys books, addressed to my sons, which directed them to find their missing father. Once all the clues were in place, my wife and I went into our bedroom.

In the book it says that Mr. Hardy is bound hand and foot to a bed, so my wife decided to tie my feet to the base and then each of my arms separately to the head of it. Once I was tied up, she went to drop off the first clue.

While the boys searched and investigated, my wife came back to stand guard. She checked her watch a few times, wondering how long they were going to take. I think she was just excited to get to play the villain.

Now, we hadn't told Jack anything other than what scene we were adapting and he had read it. He didn't have any hints to solve the clues. But he wanted it that way. He said he'd rather there be more surprises.

Finally, we heard footsteps approaching and my wife ducked into our closet to watch and wait. My boys burst into the room with looks of determination on their faces.

"Dad!" cried out Rory excitedly, "Did you get captured?"

"Yeah," I said, "some smuggler knocked me out and tied me up. Hurry, help me get free before she comes back." Jack and Rory each took one hand, loosing it from the knot and then I sat up and untied my legs. "Let's go," I said.

"And where do you think you're going?" asked my wife, stepping out from the closet.

"It's her!" I said. "Quick, grab the ropes so we can tie her up!"

"I'm afraid you won't be doing that," my wife replied coolly. "In fact, you three boys will be the ones being tied up."

"Okay," said Rory, immediately accepting this fate.

"No," I said, keeping in character, "it's three against one. We can take her."

Rather than say anything, my wife simply reached into her pocket and removed a nerf pistol she had stashed there, pointing it at us. Now, Jack and I both more or less knew this was coming, and Rory had been all down for giving up a moment ago. But the moment my wife pulled the gun, it was as if our resolve defeated and all the fight drained from us. All three of us hung our heads and then tossed the rope over to her.

We had planted two chairs in the room previously, and my wife directed our sons to sit in them and wait. Then I went back to the bed and laid down. My legs were tied together to the base once more, but this time my wife tied my hands to each other before tethering them to the head of the bed. I asked her about it later and she said she just didn't like doing things the same way twice.

After I was securely in place, she went over to the boys and bound them firmly to the chairs. At this point, I realized that we hadn't planned this far ahead. In the book, the dad is supposed to escape and free the sons, but I had forgotten to plan for this, and my bonds were now too tight to loosen myself. I gave my wife the "what now?" look, and thankfully she improvised some story to go along with our situation, involving us escaping and taking down our captors.

Once the story had concluded, we were unbound and the game was over. I asked them all what they had thought. Rory and my wife were quite enthusiastic, which was no surprise. Then I asked Jack for his opinion.

"It was cool," he said. "I'm so used to being the one doing the capturing, and I do prefer that, but it's fun to be the one getting tied up every once in awhile."

"Maybe we can work on a movie together," suggested my wife. "Rory could write it, and we could all be in it."

"That would be fun!" said Rory.

"Yeah," chimed in Jack, "I'd definitely be down for being taken prisoner in a movie."

"Then I guess it's settled," declared my wife, "I'll be the bad guy, and you three will be my captives."

"Who says I'll be one of the captives?" I protested lightheartedly.

"Don't be silly," said my wife. "Do you really think I'd pass up and opportunity to have you tied up?"

"I suppose not," I conceded.

The end.
This conversation would go a lot smoother if you just gagged me already!
Transchick85
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Transchick85 »

Great story, love how the whole family enjoyed a Hardy Boys style tie up game. I always enjoyed the Hardy Boys books mainly because they always got bound and gagged by the bad guys. Nancy Drew had one book where that happened to her too.
PaulsPerils
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by PaulsPerils »

This story was great! Thanks for posting!
Mommy's Naughty Boy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mommy's Naughty Boy »

Very nice work! Thank you for sharing!
Jeff K
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Jeff K »

Transchick85 wrote: 1 year ago Great story, love how the whole family enjoyed a Hardy Boys style tie up game. I always enjoyed the Hardy Boys books mainly because they always got bound and gagged by the bad guys. Nancy Drew had one book where that happened to her too.
Same!!! I literally used to want to be a detective, not to solve mysteries, but in the hope of getting kidnapped.
This conversation would go a lot smoother if you just gagged me already!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic