The Big Surprise (M/fF)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
KP Presents
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

The Big Surprise (M/fF)

Post by KP Presents »

What happened last Friday? Well, it was certainly a normal start to the day – I got up, showered, and changed for my job as a legal secretary. I put on a black tip with a red and black patterned skirt, and old but comfortable knee length black leather boots. Once I had brushed my hair, I put on my padded jacket and set off for work.

It was actually a Training Day at my granddaughter’s school, so I had arranged to meet them for lunch before they went to the cinema with their mother – my daughter, Zoe. She’s in her early thirties, and her daughters are little charmers. That’s Chloe, who’s 7, and six year old Maisie.

We all met up at a café near my office at about 12.30. Zoe was wearing a brown leather jacket over a black jumper and pants, her long brown hair falling over it. Chloe and Maisie both have blonde hair, like their father, and Chloe was wearing a light brown cardigan over a boho top which was tiered levels of red floral, white and blue floral material. She also had on a pair of brown corduroy shorts with grey tights, and light brown worker style boots.

As for Masie, she had on a blue cardigan fastened over a white top, brown jodhpurs and wine coloured boots which came up to her knees, with a patterned cuff on them. They were both excited to be going to see the film, and could hardly talk about anything else while Zoe and I talked.

Eventually, it was time for them to head off, but Zoe asked if I would come round and have dinner with them that night. Well, I’ve been a widower for a few years now, so I had to admit I could use the company – so I said I’d be around after I finished work, probably about six.

And with that, I had to leave, so I left the café with them, walking back to the office while they headed for the shopping centre and the cinema.

As I stepped off the bus, and glanced at my watch. It was actually half past five – I had managed to get out of the office a little earlier than expected, so as I walked towards their house I was looking forward to a nice quiet evening.

Quiet – heh.

Anyway – I walked up to the front door and let myself in, smiling as I heard the sound of a Disney movie playing. I took my coat off and hung it on the coat stand and called out “are you all in the front room?”

There wasn’t a reply. But I just figured they were all engrossed in the film, so I walked into the room – and stopped dead as I saw how Chloe and Masie were. They were sat on the floor, back-to-back, their legs bent and their wrists resting on their legs above their knees – but they could not move them.

I stared at them as I saw the coils of white rope that held their ankles together, Maisie’s boots squeaking as they rubbed when she moved her legs, held their legs together below their knees, and their wrists both to each other and to the rope at their knees.

What was more, there was a band of rope tied round their upper arms, holding them against their sides, and a coil tied round their waists. As to why they had not said very much – the white tape that was pressed down over their mouths might have been responsible for that, as I saw the shape of their lips under it when they looked at me.

“Hgghhrrhnn – whhrrhashtshhs.”

“What… What’s going on? Who did this to you? Are you all right?”

“Tmhhhndhdhht – thsaghm,” Maisie said as Chloe nodded. I was totally confused, and then I heard Zoe say “oh god” and I turned round.

My daughter was standing in front of a tall man, who was wearing a roll neck sweater, dark trousers and shoes – but he also had a stocking pulled down over his head, pressing his hair down, and he was wearing leather gloves on his hands.

I also saw that Zoe had her hands behind her back, and there were bands of rope framing her chest, holding her arms firmly against her sides.

“Zoe- what the heck is going on here?”

I saw her swallow, before she said “hey kids – looks like your grandmother is going to play the game of hostages with us as well.”

“Zoe, what do you …” I then looked closely at Zoe, and saw her nod slowly as the man with her said “Of course your grandmother is going to join in. Zoe, you should tell her what is going on?”

“Mum… Mum Steve hired this actor as a surprise for the three of us. You’ve heard of that robber in the papers – the one they call the Games Player?”

And that told me all I needed to know. Of course I had heard of the Games Player – someone who worked by holding families hostage while they robbed them, but made it a game so the kids did not realise…

I looked at Maisie and Chloe, and nodded as I said “well, it looks like I am going to be a hostage as well. How does getting something delivered from McDonald’s after the game sound?”

Both of them nodded as the masked man said “good – why don’t you sit down, Mummy, while I make sure that Grandmother is playing in the same way as you?”

“Why not – you girls still having fun,” Zoe said as she sat down, while the man took from a bag on the floor some white rope, and said “well, I need you to put your hands behind your back, and I will use this to bind your wrists together.”

“Well, at least we will be together,” I said as I felt him cross my wrists, and then the rope as he bound them tightly together. “How long have they been playing?”

“He surprised us when we came back in,” Zoe said, “and told the girls they would be the first to play fully, while he took me for a walk. He was going to make sure I could not move as well – and now, you’re going to be playing too.”

“Well, I like playing with the girls,” I said as I smiled at them while the masked man wound more rope round my arms, forcing them against my side as he made two bands that framed my chest. It was tight as well – but strangely, it made me less afraid, especially when he took the rope under one arm, round the back of my neck and under my other arm.

“Please,” he said after he had tied the rope off, “have a seat in the armchair there, while I make sure Zoe stays with the girls.” Zoe was sitting on one end of the couch the girls were sitting in front of, as he knelt down and bound my daughter’s ankles together, then her legs below her knees.

I then watched as he peeled a length of white tape from a roll and pressed it firmly down over her mouth, He then helped her to lie on her side, the girls turning their heads as I heard their attempts to talk to each other.

He then walked over, collecting more ropes from the bag and kneeling at my feet. As he crossed my ankles, and I felt the rope as he began to bind them together, I whispered “does this make you feel good?”

“The fact the girls think this is fun should make you feel good,” he said quietly as he pulled the rope between my legs, the bands tightening round my ankles. “It means they are not scared, will not panic – so they stay safe, and their mother stays calm and happy. Will their grandmother spoil that?”

I looked at him, and then shook my head as I felt the rope going round my legs below my knees. “thank you,” he said quietly as I felt them being forced against each other. He was being gentle, polite, but it was tight, and I knew I was going nowhere.

“Now then,” he said after he had secured the ends behind my legs, and stood up. He squatted next to Chloe and Maisie, brushing their hair from their head as he said “I promised you could watch some Barbie movies – once the second one finishes, that’s the cue for you to try and get free. First person who manages gets the special prize.”

“Fhnnkuhh,” Chloe said, Maisie nodding as he stood up and checked the rope holding Zoe. He then picked up the roll of white tape and walked back towards me, peeling a length off as he said “one more thing – time for your grandmother to be quiet as well.”

“Remember – MacDonalds,” I said before pursing my lips, feeling the tape on my chin as he firmly pressed it into place. IT was soft, but as I tried to speak I could only hear a mumble as well – so I watched as he turned the television on and found one of those movies the girls like.

“I will be waiting in the kitchen,” he said as he walked out, the girls nodding before they watched the television. Zoe and I looked at each other – we knew what was really going on, but there was nothing we could do about it. The ropes were too tight…

As it was, we only watched one and a half of the films – because Steve, my son in law, came in and found us. He peeled the tape away from the girls mouths, and they told their father all about the game. He was – surprised, but he went to the kitchen, coming back to say he had spoken to the actor, and told him he could go, he would make sure we were all freed. He started by removing the ropes from the girls, and telling them to go to the toilet before he looked at us.

“A game? Did he take much?”

Zoe nodded as she tried to talk, Steve shaking his head as he peeled the tape away.

“My jewellery, some money – and your cufflinks. Steve, we had to play along…”

“I know,” he said as he looked at me and I nodded, “let me get you both free, and then I’ll call the police. Do the girls need to eat?”

“Lhthtmmh – hphrmhhshdmhcdhnhlds.”

He looked at me and nodded before he started to untie my daughter…

So yes – it was a different day, but the girls were unharmed – even excited at what happened…
Read stories of ordinary women in peril at www.kppresents.com