DnD DiD (/FFNb)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
CaptorDM
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

DnD DiD (/FFNb)

Post by CaptorDM »

This happened at the last DnD game I ran. Not sure where I should put this, but figured fictional is good enough. Maybe I’ll revisit this as more of a narrative than a recap lol

We had not one, not two, but three instances of the player characters getting tied up and/or gagged.
Characters:
Tari– a loud-mouthed half-orc paladin. She likes to hit first and ask questions later
Lunetra– bubbly half-elf ranger/cleric. She’s very hippie in her attitude
Bels– stoic elf druid. They have no patience for foolish things.

The party decided they were going to go into the forest. However they were warned that elf women would go missing whenever they entered the forest. Lunetra, being a half-elf woman, wanted to get to the bottom of this.
The group decided to ask around town about the missing women first. In a tavern, they got into a fist-fight with someone who they needed to get information out of. And by “they” I mean Tari, the paladin. Bels, wanting to make sure that this person wouldn’t run off without telling them what they needed, took matters into their own hands. After asking Tari’s player if it was okay, Bels cast an ice spell at the paladin, to slow her down and stop her from hitting the guy. Tari’s player then acted out having her arms pinned to her sides and her ankles locked together, so we just rolled with it, even if that’s not how the spell works. The guy was still being cagey so Tari (still trapped by ice) started insulting him.
Bels’ player turns to me and says, “is my frost spell still active?”
“Not really, but it doesn’t take long to cast it,”
“Fine, I freeze Tari’s mouth shout,”
The whole table laughed as Tari’s player shut her mouth and started grunting and mmphing.
With Tari struggling in the background, the party got the info out of the guy and thawed Tari out.

In the forest, the party was following the trail of one of the missing women. They noticed odd patches of rot throughout the woods and started feeling uneasy. Eventually, they reached a somewhat open area in the woods that was oddly still. Bels and Lunetra notice that the ground underfoot is slightly sticky. Lunetra immediately rolls a perception check and is able to see the large spiders descending from the trees.
Combat begins and the players roll high enough to go before the spiders. There’s three of them and five spiders. They successfully bring down one of them, but that still leaves four spiders for three adventurers.
Spiders in DnD have an ability to web up enemies, restraining them. So, for the spiders’ first turn, that’s what I had them do. Two attacked Lunetra, one for Bels, and one for Tari. I rolled surprisingly for three out of four of them. All three players ended up wrapped in spider webs and restrained.
At the top of the round, I ask Lunetra’s player what she’s going to do.She looks at her character sheet and just goes “well I can’t cast any spells because I’m all tied up and my mouth is covered in webs,”
For the record, I never said that the web gagged the characters. However, I wasn’t about to deny my players and myself of this fun little challenge and entertaining roleplay opportunity.
I told them if they can’t do anything without using their hands or mouth, then they always have the opportunity to struggle free.
Lunetra failed her strength check and was left to struggle uselessly against the web. Lunetra’s players mmphed to Bels’ player, trying to communicate a plan.
Bels was just as helpless, failing their struggle check and mmphing to Tari.
Tari, who should have been able to break free, being a paladin, rolled a natural 1. At my table, we play any natural 1 is a critical failure, with the punishment at my discretion. So I said that Tari, in her frustration, only got more tangled. She would have to roll even higher or make the usual one twice to escape. Before the spiders got their turn again, my players had fun having a frustrated mmphing “conversation” with each other. The mental image was very funny.
The spiders got to do a little bit of damage before it was Lunetra’s turn. This time she succeeded in escaping and went to go help Bels. Bels, too, was able to break free of their bonds.
Tari, on the other hand, rolled low again and spent her turn thrashing and grunting in the web.
The spiders attempted to web up Lunetra and Bels once more, but my luck had run out.
With a lucky roll, Bels killed two spiders on their turn and Lunetra was able to kill a third AND rescue Tari.
Tari killed the last spider in spectacular fashion.

Skipping to the end, the party was fighting a corrupted forest guardian. Think like a Venom symbiote or a Heartless from kingdom hearts. The corrupted guardian had an ability to trap anyone in a certain range with its awful goo-tendril-things. It aimed at Bels and Tari. Bels rolled well and avoided it, but Tari… it seemed the dice really wanted to see Tari bound and gagged this session.
I described the tendrils lashing at her arms yanking them behind her back, as more wrapped around her legs, pinning them together. For a little flavor, the goo also lifted her up a little bit, almost as an offering to the corrupted forest guardian.
Fortunately for Tari, that condition didn’t last long, as she was able to break free much faster than the spider webs.
The trio was able to defeat the guardian shortly after and rescue the elf women.

I try to keep bondage by my hand to a minimum in my rpg games. But if the players suggest it, I'll encourage it. Especially these three players, they seemed to almost jump at the chance to put their characters in these scenarios.
Last edited by CaptorDM 11 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
DamselnDragon on deviantart.
Veracity

Post by Veracity »

Thanks for sharing your story. Please take a moment and add gender tags to your subject line.
Tapebot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Tapebot »

Nice story. I avoid including it when I DM too but it's definitely tempting. Was this in person or online?
CaptorDM
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by CaptorDM »

Tapebot wrote: 1 year ago Nice story. I avoid including it when I DM too but it's definitely tempting. Was this in person or online?
In person! We've been playing the same game on and off since 2015. All the way from level 3 to level 12 now and we're still going
DamselnDragon on deviantart.
Tapedupcouple
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tapedupcouple »

Never have played before but Sounds like so much fun!
Vadam117
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Vadam117 »

D&D bondage is underrated tbh, haven’t really gotten to have an experience like you, but on online games my players were pretty kink-heavy, so they’d regularly tie up enemies that they didn’t kill

hell they actually ended up taking a few bandits into their party after they’d defeated, tied and gagged them

planning on reviving that game sooner or later, but it was pretty fun when it was running
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic