The bridge (mmmmm/M)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

The bridge (mmmmm/M)

Post by FelixSH »

I like to go for a walk, especially during the cold and lonely evenings of winter. The wooded hills near my village offer plenty of space, and I use it every day. It clears the head and cleans the mind. The woods protect against the harsh winds, that one might find during this time.

The route I take differs every day, at least in the beginning and the end. But it always leads me to a bridge that connects two of the higher hills. I love the sensation of stepping outside the sheltering trees, and experiencing the cold, sometimes icy winds. It is far from the village, so light is scars, and the stars shine brightly. During the warmer times of the year, it offers a magnificent view over the land. Now, it just gives you a feeling of piece and quite, with the only sounds coming from the natural surroundings. It is a lonely place, and most people shy away from the woods in general.

Why the bridge is kept in such good repair is a mystery to me. I have never met another person here, and it is not intended for vehicles bigger than a bicycle. It could be expected to slowly rot away, but it stayed in good condition during all these years I used it for my walks. I consider it a present, a place to refocus and refresh from the trials of the day.

The route I took today was a shorter one. I yearned for the bridge and the look into the evening sky. This day was particularly harsh, and I had an even stronger need for being away from the noise of the village than usual. It was a way I knew by heart, like a close friend. I could have walked it with closed eyes.

Consider my surprise, as I heard some noise, standing in the middle of the bridge. People had made their way here. The light was weak, just enough to make sure you were not in complete darkness. But it was not enough to make out who was coming closer.

As if to warn me, a harsh wind started to blow. Shivers went down my spine, as the group stopped walking. They probably did not expect me, like I did not expect them. But this lasted only a few seconds, before they started moving again, their speed increased.

Not in the mood to talk to anyone, I decided to go home. Back the way I came, as not to cross the intruders. As I started moving, the other steps increased in intensity. The wind howled, the trees groaned. A shiver on my back was the last thing I felt, before I was grabbed.

The arm that gripped me to the body of the stranger felt like iron, as did the hand that covered my mouth. I tried to talk, but, even without the hand, would have not produced a sound. My captor said not a word.

I could not move. As I heard other people draw closer, I felt darkness closing in. I felt paralyzed, unable to think clearly. The iron hands made me look into the direction of the steps. Four more people. Teenagers. But all of them strangers. Grim determination masked their faces. But these masks were betrayed by small glimmers of glee.

Every second, it got colder.

I had never felt so lonely.

Not a word was said, as their work started. The iron hands started to give me free, but only for other material to be applied. Still unable to move on my own, it was easy for them to add rope to my hands, arms and legs. With every added loop, the pressure increased. My arms and my upper body became one, and I could just watch. Two legs became one, and I absorbed the fearful experience. Something was put into my mouth, soft and light. A piece of cloth was tied behind my head, keeping whatever it was stuck inside.

I tried to move, but felt unable to. Youthful laughter started to surround me. It sounded evil. Dangerous. I wanted to get into the woods. Into my home. Away from here. But there was nowhere to go.

And the wind grew colder still.

My feet were bound with the end of another long piece of rope. The other end was tied to the railing of the bridge. As realization came, the spell finally broke. I tried to fight against the rope, but it was too late.

Moments later, I hung upside down from the bridge. Low enough, so that the only thing I could here was the harsh wind. It was a deeply frightening feeling, to look down and seeing so much space between you and the trees.

The experience was different, than from how it was on top of the bridge. There, I wanted to get free of the rope, away from my captors. But here, with my bindings being the only thing that saved me from certain death and my captors now my only potential saviors, I screamed for them to help me. But as I could not hear them, they probably could not hear me. Helplessly, scared of falling to my doom, I waited. Freeing myself of the ropes scared me, as I thought that every move I did could lead to my death.

The strong winds made me swing. I started to feel ill, partly of fear, partly of the strange way I moved. Trying to ignore my body's protests against my situation did not help either. All I could think of was the group of teenagers, and the hope that I put into them, saving me. But with the wind howling, I had not heard a sound from them, since they had let me down. I started to shiver, as I thought of the possibility that I had been abandoned.

I screamed, again, but to no avail. It helped a bit to make me feel in the slightest bit of control, but only for a short time. Deep fear set in soon. Not daring to move, completely helpless, and in mortal danger.

The sense of time had left me long ago, or at least it felt that way. But suddenly, after an eternity, I started to move upwards. As I moved closer and closer to the top of the bridge, the strangling fear started to fall away. And then, I was finally lying on solid ground.

My shivering had not stopped, and my captors had one last laugh. But both soon went away, and I did not care for being bound and gagged. I was just glad to know that I would not die.

I did not even realize that one of my captors had stepped closer, until I felt my hands being cut free. While my arms, legs and mouth were still bound, it felt incredibly freeing. For some time, I just lay there, enjoying my newfound freedom.

It took some time for me to realize, that I was alone again. The group seemed to have lost interest in me. I was glad that they only wanted to get me out of their way.

I took my time, freeing myself. Getting the cloth out of my mouth came first, but the rest had a meditative feeling to it. Maybe I should have been scared, trying to get free as soon as possible, so I could hide at home. But realizing that no one wanted to hurt me made the fear go away. This was my second home again, the place where I could refresh myself from every stress. I would not let that be taken away from me. Nights like this, away from the noise of the day, with no light to hurt my eyes, where a thing I lived for.

I continued my daily walks, and never stopped coming to this bridge. The teenagers never came back.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Interesting. But an unanswered question. Since your captors were teenagers, how old were you?

Drawscore
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

It's good to see a seasonal mystery story here. Thanks.
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
cj2125

Post by cj2125 »

Nice story! Good work setting the mid! I could almsot picture it in my head like a movie!
FelixSH
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by FelixSH »

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.
drawscore wrote: 4 years ago Interesting. But an unanswered question. Since your captors were teenagers, how old were you?

Drawscore
I implied that the narrator is an adult by using a capital M in the title. I also pictured him as an adult, but thinking about it, it's actually not clear at all. But it's just one more mystery, which fits the story quite well, I think.

Provided by bondagefreak
Click on the banner to get to the story

For more of my stories, click here.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Some time back, I suggested upper case and lower case to differentiate between adults and kids, but one of the mods blew it off, so I didn't know.

Drawscore
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic