Backyard Hostages (mm/mm)

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Backyard Hostages (mm/mm)

Post by Detective-Gag »

So I grew up in a time where those classic action movies were still fairly new & awesome…ah, who am I kidding, they are ALWAYS awesome.

“Terminator 2: Judgement Day”… “Rambo: First Blood”… “Predator”…these were the films me and my friends were always watching whenever we got together. We’d quote one-liners & re-create scenes from the movies with Nerf guns or super soakers when enough of us were around.

One of my friends had a larger property…big house, adjacent to sprawling fields and some woods. Not quite a farm; but the backyard was large enough that you could run for ages, and had a lot of random junk sprawled around that could be used for makeshift forts…and it even had a massive old barn on the opposite end from the house that they used for storage.

Anyway, we were doing our usual routine…there were about eight or nine of use divided into teams, stalking each other with Nerf guns around the property, firing at each other & taking cover. We followed a very loose set of rules like capture-the-flag; where we had to go deep into enemy territory without getting caught.

A bunch of us cornered one of our buddies…we’ll call them Adam…from the other team; and unloaded our ammo into them (we had those absurd Nerf guns that could hold about 50 darts a piece).

Knowing he was out-gunned, Adam surrendered; and we forced him to relinquish his weapon. Then we decided as a group that we would keep him prisoner, using the barn as our base of operations.

We took Adam to the old barn under guard, and told him to get inside. Now, this was actually a pretty big barn…it had an rectangular open area that ran from the tall doors all the way to the back wall, a wall where my friend’s father hung their tools, their lawn mower, and all sorts of random furniture & stuff they kept inside when they weren’t using it.

Then we started debating who would stay behind to keep watch over the prisoner. There was some bickering between us; as some of us were itching to get back to shooting, and some didn’t wish to stay behind.

When the subject of tying the prisoner up so he could not escape came up, Adam agreed to go along with it, and we all…myself included…elected to do just that.

We took one of the lawn chairs in the barn and set it in the middle of the open area, and grabbed some rope from the tool area…I spied a roll of duct tape there, too; but I kept that to myself.

We then sat Adam down in the chair, and tied his hands behind the chair with the rope, then his feet together, and finally we looped some rope around his chest to hold him against the wooden back.

Somebody suggested making sure he couldn’t shout for help…and covered Adam’s mouth with their hand when he took that as a dare and started yelling…and I thought about recommending the duct tape.

That time, though, someone instead grabbed a blue bandana that they had on them and tied it over Adam’s mouth. He started making noises through the gag; and I remember being a bit envious that Adam got to be the hostage in this scenario.

Then we left Adam tied up in the barn, and we made our way back out to the backyard to attack the others.

I didn’t stray too far from the barn, however…I wanted to make sure that Adam didn’t escape (and if he DID; I would get to be the one to tie him up this time).

In a twist of fate, however, the exact opposite ended up happening: while my team had gone off into the enemy base (aka the house), the OTHER team had decided to invade the yard…and after a brief firefight; they had me surrounded.

Since the jig was up, I made mention that we had Adam as our prisoner in the barn. Curious, they told me to take them there.

When we got back, Adam was still tied to the chair; but he had slipped the blue bandana off his mouth. His team laughed and gave him some flak for ending up like that, and didn’t immediately go to untie him.

It was at that moment I casually asked if it was my turn; since they had managed to capture me.

The idea caught like wildfire; and with impish glee, they grabbed another one of the wooden lawn chairs and set it up next to Adam’s, and forced me to sit in it. While they wound rope around my arms & legs and tied my hands behind my back, another one of my friends tied the gag back over Adam’s mouth…evidently, they weren’t ready to let their teammate go!

Then one of them asked how they were going to keep ME quiet, since they only had the one bandana.

That was when I mentioned the roll of duct tape near the tool area…one of them went over, snatched it, and brought it back over to where I sat. When they finished tying me to the chair, they asked if I was okay with using the duct tape on my mouth.

Playing it cool, I told them it was fine; as long as they just used a strip or two, and not wrap it around my head.

So they tore off two strips of silver duct tape, and then they smoothed both of the pieces over my lips. I made sure that I didn’t move too much when they did it; so that there wouldn’t be any crinkles in the tape.

Once they had gagged me, I made some mumbling noises through the duct tape, and fought against the ropes they had fastened me to the chair with. Adam took that as a cue, as well, and started struggling in his chair as well, talking underneath the OTM gag.

They all laughed & taunted us for a bit more…and then came the sound of my team outside the barn.

The enemy team went off to engage them, leaving me and Adam alone in the barn, still tied to the chairs.

We looked at each other, and while Adam immediately started trying to untie himself, I stayed in the chair, mumbling through my gag.

Truth was; I wasn’t in any hurry to get free!

Adam quickly wriggled free from his ropes, pulled his gag off, and then started undoing his feet. Then he stood up, grabbed MY Nerf gun, and ran off to join back in the game outside.

Now alone inside the barn, I enjoyed the fantasy of being kidnapped by enemy soldiers, like in the Schwarzenegger movie “Commando”. I squirmed against the ropes, and yelled through my tape gag as I heard the faint sounds of the others fighting outside.

Some considerable time passed; and eventually I sat in silence within the barn, waiting for my friends to finish up the round of combat.

Eventually, the barn door creaked back open; and Adam…as well as two members of my own team, we’ll call them Colin & Matt…came back inside.

“Whoah, still here?” Adam said when he saw me.

“Mmph tmphed mp,” I responded.

“See? I got away,” Adam said, turning back to the others. “And we got your guy.”

Colin walked over, eyeballing me. “Oh, they used duct tape,” he said, and carefully peeled the tape off my mouth. “You let the prisoner escape!” he accused me, once my gag was off.

“They ambushed me!” I shot back. “And anyway; he was tied up with me, too…he just got away first.”

“Well, he’s not getting away again!” said Matt, who prodded Adam with his Nerf rifle.

“Not again,” Adam groaned.

“Quick, let’s get him before the game starts again!” Matt urged, addressing Colin.

I remained silent, intent to see how it played out.

“Alright…but here!” Colin answered finally, and picked up the roll of duct tape. “Make sure he doesn’t get away a third time.”

“It was only the one time!” I corrected him.

“Quiet, you!” Colin snapped back at me.

I shrugged, and nodded my head towards the blue bandana on the ground. He stooped over and snatched up the bandana, and tied it tightly over my mouth like he had done for Adam.

“Gmph!” I grunted as the gag was snugly tied into place.

Then Colin took the duct tape and walked over to Adam, and started wrapping the tape around his ankle socks.

“Hold him still,” Colin said to Matt.

“Hey!” Adam laughed, seeing what was happening, while Matt bear-hugged him to keep him rooted.

“Get his arms now,” Matt urged, and Colin was already ahead of him, winding the tape around his long-sleeved shirt.

“Oof,” Adam grunted; the tape being considerably tighter than the previous ropes tied by novices.

“Now gag him!” Matt said, and Colin tore off three strips of the tape from the roll, as I watched him press them over Adams mouth. Adam grimaced, and now that he was once again tied & gagged, he started hopping around the inside of the barn.

“Oh, sit down!” Colin commanded, and grabbed the giggling Adam and forced him down onto the dusty floor.

“Should we leave them now?” Matt said when Colin was finished.

“Mmph!” I said through the bandana.

“Wait,” Colin said, holding the duct tape towards Matt. “Do me!”

I raised my eyebrows from where I sat. Apparently, we were going to be a trio of captives. Didn’t expect that!

Matt quickly took the tape, and wrapped the roll around Colin’s ankles, knees & arms. Then without even bothering to ask at this point, he tore off several strips of duct tape and placed them over Colin’s mouth as well.

“Alright, done?” Matt asked.

“Mmph! Mmph!” both Colin and Adam wriggled around on the ground, yelling through the tape over their mouths.

I worked my chin, and slipped the OTM gag off my mouth. “Go ahead and put some more tape over my mouth, too,” I said to Matt. “Just in case the bandana falls off.”

“Jeez,” Matt responded; but he strode over and put some more strips of duct tape back over my mouth, then tied the bandana back over that.

“Alright, losers!” Matt hollered once he was finished & standing at the barn door. “I’m not coming back!”

The three of us mumbled back at him through our gags as Matt slammed the barn doors shut behind him.

I took special note of my current predicament, as I watched my two fellows wriggle around on the ground in front of me as I sat there.

I dunno if it was because they had seen me or Adam be bound for such a while, and they had decided to join in out of curiosity or fascination; but damned if it wasn’t fun to pretend to be hostages trapped inside that barn!

Both Colin and Adam had the harder time of getting free this time around, because the duct tape was substantially more difficult to get off.

Again, I didn’t want the game to end too soon…tie up games were my “thing” after all…but eventually I pretended to “escape”; loosening the ropes finally and removing the bandana and tape gag.

I released my friends from the yards of duct tape, and they un-gagged themselves before we re-joined the rest of the group.

That had been one of those very few instances of actually participating with others in a casual tie-up game with no pressure. It was great!
Last edited by Detective-Gag 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

Interesting story.

I remember growing up (9-15) abandoned (haunted) houses and the ghost town about a mile and a half from where I and my neighborhood friends lived, held a certain fascination for us. Depending on our mood, they could be outlaws' or kidnappers' hideouts; Indians might be hiding in them, or the ghost/zombie of Angus MacAlpine for whom MacAlpine Manor was named, was lurking about, and might want to eat our brains. (Well, between 9 and 15, plus or minus a year or two, some of us had very vivid imaginations.)

In all, a solid "A."

Drawscore
squirrel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by squirrel »

Nice story, it was a lot of fun to read it! :)
FOR A LIST OF ALL MY WRITTEN WORKS, CLICK HERE: SQUIRREL'S STORIES

Gino
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Gino »

great story, I would have loved to be captivated too hahaha :D :D
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

Really cool story
thas2200
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by thas2200 »

Cool story ! :twisted:
Sorry for my english, stupid french here ! :twisted:
Xtc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Xtc »

Nicely!
They all say boxer shorts are cool,
but little Speedos always rule.
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

Good story well done!
leconteur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by leconteur »

This story took me back to some of my times as a youngster. Thanks for sharing, love that everyone was asking for a serving of duct tape over the mouth at the end and the captor just kind of stormed off after, almost like he was angry you were all enjoying it and there was no left to time him.
33/m/rope bunny Always willing to answer questions and provide guidance where it is requested.
Silkenvixen
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Silkenvixen »

Wow, that was a *great* story! Thank you for sharing! I'd have given anything to have been in some real tie up games back then, especially like this!
TightropesEU
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TightropesEU »

Nice story, like how you didn't try to escape but just sat there.....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic