How it all started (did I stand a chance?) FF/+m

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
Happytie
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

How it all started (did I stand a chance?) FF/+m

Post by Happytie »

My interest in TUGs started way back in the 1960s, so some of the details are a bit hazy (like names and actual details of TUGs) but I hope you might find it of interest.
Please note that many of the first aid techniques are now out of date, and back then, triangular bandages were made of tough calico and not the thin stuff you find in modern first aid kits.

Part 1
Casualty

Back when I was a kid, my mum was a first aid instructor and would rope me in to be a “casualty” for first aid exams and for demonstrations. (I think this was partly to keep me out of my older brothers’ and sister’s hair.)

My job as casualty was to be bandaged up by young girl cadets. At first this involved having an arm in a sling or a sprained ankle supported, which was a bit boring, but I quite enjoyed the attention the girls, who were slightly older than me, gave me. Even the embarrassing comments they made were strangely pleasant.

Things started to change when the girls started to be tested on fractures.
Angela was asked to treat my broken arm, so she very gently lifted it across my stomach, very attentive to any pain I might be in, then she carefully put it into a sling, checking my fingers for blueness. She made a good job that fully supported my arm. Then she took a “broad-fold” bandage (a triangular bandage folded twice to make a 6 inch band - narrow-fold is folded again to make a 3 inch band.) and tied it snuggly around my body and sling, totally immobilising my arm.
“How does that feel? Are you feeling helpless yet?”
I tried to raise my arm, blushed a little and confirmed I could not move that arm.
I was left sat on the chair while Angela answered some questions from the examiner. Finally she came back to me “I suppose I’d better release you now.” She said, bringing another light blush to my face “I think Mary is going to enjoy binding you…I mean your injuries!”

Mary was told I had a broken jaw that she had to deal with. A wicked smile crossed her face, at this stage, I did not know what to expect. I held my jaw as though it was painful.
“How did you do that?” She asked, “No, don’t answer… don’t move your jaw.” Then she whispered “shall I kiss it better?” You can imagine how I blushed, but I could not respond.
She carefully placed a pad under my jaw, followed by the middle of a narrow-fold bandage. She had me hold this in place whilst she pulled the ends up, holding my mouth closed. One end went over the top of my head and joined the other in front of my ear where they were half twisted and taken around my head and knotted behind.
Facing me she asked, “can you talk?”
I shook my head.
“Good, I should think not” she said, patting me on the head, making me blush again, then she turned to the examiner who asked her a load of questions before telling Mary to help me out of the bandages. (Don’t ask me why I didn’t undo them myself.)
“I think it’s nice when boys can’t talk” she muttered as she untied the fabric “I think it’s cute.”

The exams were running behind time, so the examiner asked two girls to come in.
For this scenario the palms of both my hands were bleeding profusely. Lizzie and Naomi each had one hand to deal with.
They grinned at each other and each took hold of me.
“Let’s look at the damage” one said as they turned my wrists over. I got confused as to who said what.
“Hold this pad”
“Squeeze on it”
The girls took crepe roller bandages and bandaged my hands into fists so I could not move my fingers, just leaving my thumbs free to check circulation.
Lizzie then placed my right arm in a raised sling.
“I need to do that, as well” said Naomi,
“You’d better put yours over the top then”
“Ok, I’ll try”
With both arms crossed over my chest they grinned at each other.
“How do we stop them flapping about, we normally tie a broad-fold over they sling, knotting it on the good side”
“Let’s tie it at the back, so the knot won’t hurt”
“Good idea”
With this Naomi wrapped the bandage over my slings and tied it snuggly behind me, where I had no chance of reaching it, even if I had fingers to unpick the knot.
“Are you comfortable? Lizzie asked “We’ll have to take special care of our helpless vic… I mean casualty, won’t we?” This brought on another blush!
At the end of the questions both girls made to leave the room until the examiner coughed politely and indicated they should release me.
As the bandages were removed the girls commented that I made a good dummy for them and they should work out how to get me again.