My Damsel in Distress, Part 3 M/F

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
calebtras
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

My Damsel in Distress, Part 3 M/F

Post by calebtras »

My Damsel in Distress, Part 3

I heard Sheila call “Hi” from the back fire escape, then she squeezed through the broken slat covering the 3rd floor window, and tumbled to the floor with a musical laugh. This late in the summer her freckles were brown on pink-cream cheeks, her light brown hair in two braids framing her sparkly hazel-green eyes. Her faded blue dress didn't reach her knees, and her shoes were scuffed, with one strap broken. She was cinderella in my Irish Brooklyn docks.

Sheila was the first person I'd met who shared my love for reading and acting out stories. Sean play-acted, but Sheila went over my stories and comics with me, adding ideas. While Sean and I made up our hero and bad guy games up as we went, she got us to sit and plan “Ivanhoe.” Sheila told the story and took notes, I drew storyboards, and we talked about our lines. We'd scavenged and stole stuff in the neighborhood for our costumes and weapons. Before the Internet, dungeons and dragons, we were making fan fiction romance, fighting, and tie-ups, something for each of us.

Sheila, as Rebecca, stood on the stairs in a pretty red dress down to the floor, that she took in with bobby pins so she could sneak it back into her mother's closet. She held up a graceful hand. “This Tournament will prove which knight is worthy of my hand in marriage, the brave Ivanhoe . . . ” Sean clasped his hands over his head, “or the nobleman Bois-Guilbert” (Boys-goober in Brooklynese.) I bowed to Rebecca.

Sean had brought his two older brothers' roller skates, and we'd clamped them to our sneakers for our noble steeds. We wore paint-can helmets, garbage can lid shields, and two-by-four lances, and skated the hardwood floor toward each other. Even across a living room, we got enough speed to have broken each others' noses. Luckily, we just knocked each other to the floor.

Sheila rushed to Ivanhoe and cradled his head in her arms. “My dear Ivanhoe, though you are wounded, I declare you the winner. I will take you to my father's castle and care for you 'til you heal.”

Sean had the wind knocked out of him, and Sheila had to help him up the stairs to the third floor. Before he could recover, I stormed their castle shouting, “Ivanhoe! Defend the fair Rebecca if you've got it in you.” I wielded my chrome Pontiac side-molding sword and easily defeated the still gasping Ivanhoe. I grabbed Rebecca's hand. “I have proven I'm the man for you by defeating the weak Ivanhoe. You will marry me and learn to love my evil ways.” Rebecca said, “Never! My shining knight Ivanhoe will surely rescue me.”

I took Rebecca back to the second floor and sat her on a paint can. I tied her hands behind her back with a jump rope, and her feet together with electric wire. “You are a witch who has captured my heart. You will either marry me or die a horrible death for sorcery.”

She yanked on the rope around her wrists. “You are afraid my loving heart will escape to my Ivanhoe.”
I raised my sword. “Bois-Guilbert fears no one.”

Rebecca said, “Then I demand trial by combat.”

“Hah! You shoulda got a lawyer, 'cause I never lose a fight.”

“Watch it, low-down, dirty dog. I'm back.” Sean was coming down the stairs and feeling much better. With Sheila watching, we both fought as hard as we could. I planned to beat Sean, then wave my sword to show I was surrendering just because that's the way we'd planned it. However, when Sean's sword kept hitting mine, it sent a painful vibration to my hands that made me drop it. With Ivanhoe's sword to my neck, I said, “I give. Though I love her, you may steal my girl like a thief.”

Ivanhoe untied Rebecca, and she sat behind him on his broomstick steed. He rode around the room then knelt. When Sean couldn't bring himself to say his lines, Rebecca said, “Yes, Ivanhoe, you may marry me in holy wedlock.” Then she kissed him on the cheek, which wasn't even in the script.

I had hoped planning acting our story together would make me special for Sheila, but Sean got the hug, kiss, and her lines about love. I had to figure how to change the stories to win Sheila's attention.

[to be continued.]
Yatta9999
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Yatta9999 »

This story is great! You and Sheila planning out stories, romances, fan fiction, acting it all out, and now that you discovered that she'll kiss her "rescuer," you had to figure out a way to make that work out in your favor.

This is a lot of fun!
Isspong
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Isspong »

Great story! The acting was very cute and entertaining.
AlexUSA3
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by AlexUSA3 »

Nice and fun!
CGC Short Stories (F+f+/F+f+): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20527
Find my other CGC Stories in the same link above!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic