Kidnap Tag at After School Club (mm/ff)

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
TheOfficeOrc
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Kidnap Tag at After School Club (mm/ff)

Post by TheOfficeOrc »

I sat slumped on a bean bag in the quiet room staring intently at the clock. It was half past four, which meant another hour and a half before my Mum would pick me up; for a 10 year old that felt like an eternity away. Henry, Molly, and Chloe were also in the quiet room taking turns on the SNES; our parents worked later than most so all the other kids had gone home.

I put my school jumper over my head and sighed. "I'm so bored."

Henry came and sat next to me. He was a couple of years younger than me with blonde, curly hair. He huffed. "Me too, Molly hasn't lost in ages. Probably won't get a turn before home time now."

Molly and Chloe were sat shoulder-to-shoulder staring up at the TV. They were a year younger than Henry, and both were wearing that same red check dress that all girl's wore at school. Molly was the bigger of the two, although that wasn't hard since Chloe was tiny. Molly had a big nest of curly brown hair, while Chloe's was straight and much darker. Molly glared over her shoulder at Henry and stuck her tongue out at him.

"We don't have to swap until I get a game over, that's the rules."

Henry crossed his arm in sulky fashion. "Can't we play something that we can all play?"

"We don't have any multiplayer games for the SNES." I said through my jumper.

"No, a proper game. Let's play tag!"

Chloe turned around. "No. Tag's boring. Why don't we play cops and robbers."

"That's boring!" Henry moaned. "We'd catch you, because you're slow, and then we'd tie you up and then that'd be it."

Everyone sighed in unison, staring back up at the TV again.

After a brief pause, I flung my jumper off my face. "I know!" Everyone perked up. "Why don't we mix the two games together. We could call it... uh... kidnap tag!"

"How do you play?" Asked Molly, still glued to the TV.

"Well, one person will be the kidnapper. Then its kind of like tag, only if you're 'it' that means you've been kidnapped and you'll be held hostage in the playhouse. Then the others have the save you by tagging you, but if they get tagged by the kidnapper then they end up the hostage instead. If the hostage gets saved from the playhouse, then the kidnapper has to start chasing again."

Chloe stood up. "Yeah, I want to play."

Followed by Henry. "Me too!"

Chloe grabbed Molly by the arm and stood her up. "Come on, Molly. You have to play too."

---

We headed out into the playground and gathered in a little circle.

I cleared my throat. "I reckon I should be the kidnapper, being the biggest and oldest."

Everyone nodded in agreement.

"Okay." I grinned. "Go!"

They immediately bolted in different directions, giggling as the zigzagged around the playground. My heart suddenly started pounding, I was so excited that I starting giggling uncontrollably.

I decided to go for Chloe first. She was the smallest and so would be the easiest to chase down. I darted after her and she soon noticed I was on her tail. She laughed and squeaked as I closed in, and let out a little squeal when I grabbed her by the arm.

I scooped up both of her arms behind her back using one of mine, and then clamped my free hand tightly over her mouth. I pulled her close and began to wrestle her over to the playhouse as she let out muffled cries into my hand.

Putting on my best, gruff criminal voice, I called out to the others. "Listen up. I've got a hostage here. No one try and be a hero."

We stumbled through the door to the playhouse and I sat in the centre with Chloe falling into my lap. She giggled and squirmed, so gripped her a little tighter.

"Don't try any funny business, missy." I growled.

It wasn't long before Molly and Henry's hands were reaching in through the windows trying to tag Chloe.

I leaned to-and-fro to avoid them, which was surprisingly hard work, and meant Chloe got jostled about a fair bit. After a little while I noticed her hair had fallen across her face; I loosed my grip on her mouth and helped to move her hair out the way, before clamping down over her lips again. She moaned defiantely, her cheeks bulging slightly over the sides of my fingers.

Eventually, Molly got brave enough to come through the playhouse door to try to tag Chloe. I knew there was no way I could stop her, but I could tag her back. As soon as Molly stepped into the house, I released Chloe, who reached out and touched Molly's hand, and then I lunged and tagged Molly on the shoulder.

She huffed, half chuckling. Her red face beading with sweat. "Oh no, help, help! I'm being kidanpped."

She came in and sat on my lap, and as with Chloe before, I pulled her arms behind her back with one arm and used my free hand to gag her.

Molly seemed to really enjoy playing the part of the hostage. She was grumbling into my hand and wriggling and squirming to get free, interspersed with the occassional giggle which reassured me that she was having as much fun as I was.

She tried to lick my hand to gross me out, but I just clasped down harder.

"I don't gross out that easy, lady!" I barked, in my criminal voice. "You're in this for the long haul."

Molly huffed and let out a string of muffled complaints and a few giggles.

---

We played for about an hour. Henry wasn't keen on getting caught so it was just Chloe and Molly who spent the game swapping places as the captive.

After about half an hour I asked Henry if he wanted to be the kidnapper, which he leapt at excitedly. He chased down Chloe first, as I had done, dragging her off into the playhouse.

I think I enjoyed being the rescuer almost as much as being the kidnapper. The danger of getting caught was so exciting. Molly and I danced round the playhouse, peeking in through the windows, trying to find a weak spot. Chloe staring out at us wide-eyed, and trying (unsuccessfully) to give us muffled advice.

Once again it was the girls who took turns being the captive. I was a little quicker than the others, and managed to avoid being caught; I even managed to free the girls a couple of times without getting caught.

---

I don't remember us playing kidnap tag very often, but it definitely made my day when we did!
Last edited by TheOfficeOrc 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Yatta9999
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Yatta9999 »

That's a cute, fun story, even though no-one got tied up in it!

Did you ever tie anyone up in games like Kidnap Tag later on?
Canuck100
Archiver
Archiver

Post by Canuck100 »

I wish I had come up with the idea of this game when I was younger! Great story !
charliesmith
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by charliesmith »

Enjoyed reading this, it is a very interesting game!
I think you mixed Henry and George ? Nevertheless, it was a very good read. Looking forward to read more :)
Please feel free to read and comment your thoughts.
My ongoing stories:

Roadtrip of Dreams (M/F) Chapter 14 Added.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic