Re-Creating a Cartoon Scene (mf)

Stories that have a significant measure of truth to them should go here.
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Re-Creating a Cartoon Scene (mf)

Post by Detective-Gag »

When I was younger & growing up with my sister, we both tended to hang out a lot after school. We got dropped off back home from the busses at the same time, and we had many long afternoons where it was just the two of us; so we played a lot of games when we weren’t studying.

Most of the tie up games I got to play in my free time as a kid, were mainly spent with me by myself, or with my sister.

And we both watched the same cartoons where we derived much of our inspiration…there were cop shows and such, yes; but the classic cartoon characters such as Daphne from “Scooby Doo”, April O’ Neil from “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”, and Lois Lane from “Superman” had become the reference points for capturing someone & tying them up.

That, and Inspector Gadget…specifically, Penny Gadget getting captured by the M.A.D. agents on that show was a highlight for my sister (and myself). Plus, she liked Brain, the pet dog. Who wouldn’t?

One notable episode was “Greenfinger”, where a scientist is kidnapped by the bad guys, while another guy pretends to be them. They keep the real Professor Greenfinger in the basement, where they have him tied & gagged in a chair.

“Look; finally someone who isn’t Penny getting tied up,” my sister remarked when she saw.

“Wait for it,” I said, having seen this episode before.

Sure enough, Penny Gadget goes snooping around; and gets herself caught by a henchman. He takes her down into the basement where the kidnapped professor was, and ties & gags her the same way.

“Dang it,” my sister cursed. “Not again!”

“She gets her gag off immediately to call for help, though,” I pointed out, as the scene continued to play.

“I guess so,” my sister sighed, and we continued to watch.

As the show went on, Penny & Professor Greenfinger got themselves untied; but the sound of two henchmen coming back to check on them comes from outside the basement.

Me and my sister watched as both Penny and Professor Greenfinger somehow managed to tie themselves back up & re-gag themselves in mere moments, as the bad guys came and went without even realizing what had happened.

“How the heck did they do that?” my sister yelled.

“They must have secret skills,” I rationalized. “Wanna try it?”

This was usually how we transitioned into our games. My sister’s face lit up, and she yelled, “Yeah!” as we scampered off to grab the rope & stuff we used from the storage room in the back of the basement, and then we dragged two chairs from a nearby table to the center of the basement.

We started the game with me as the henchman who captures Penny Gadget while she’s snooping around. My sister started creeping along a corner wall, her back up against it. I snuck up behind her, tapping her on the shoulder, and jumped up with her hands in the air.

“Alright, kid, I said in the nasally voice of the henchman from the show. “Time for you to meet the REAL Greenfinger!”

Then I put my hand over my sister’s mouth, and dragged her over to where we had set up the chairs. I sat her down in one of the chairs; and then I picked up one of the white cloths we’d “borrowed” for our game, folding it into a band. Then I dropped it over her face, and tied it over her mouth in a gag. We’d done this about a dozen times before; so I was able to tie it pretty snug without fear of discomfort for her.

“Mmmmph!” my sister mumbled as the gag was tightened.

“Gotta keep you quiet, snoop,” I said in the nasally voice again, as I took the rope and started wrapping it around her arms & the back of the chair, securing her to the seat.

“Now THIS should keep you out of trouble!” I cackled as I finished tying her to the chair.

“Mm-mmph!” my sister responded, shifting left and right as she spoke through the gag.

That part finished, I then went on to tie myself up next to her…I would play the role of Professor Greenfinger. First, I took the second white handkerchief and tied it tightly over my mouth; then I picked up the rope and sat in the wooden chair right next to my sister. I started looping the ends of the rope around the back of the chair and across my chest. After a few passes, I collected the ends and tied a knot near my hip, making the bindings fairly tight. Having left enough slack, however, I slipped both my arms through the coils of rope, pinning my arms to my sides.

Now both my and my sister were sitting in the middle of the basement, tied to chairs & gagged.

Unlike the cartoon, my sister didn’t immediately slip off her gag. She turned her head to look at me, mumbling “Mstrmph Grrnfbgrmph…?”

I nodded my head, murmuring, “Mmm-humph” in response through my own gag. Then we both proceeded to struggle in the chairs, mumbling incoherently at each other.

Finally, my sister lifted up her chin, and her gag fell away from her mouth.

“Whew…” she breathed, looking over at me. “Mister Greenfinger?” she repeated, this time without the gag.

Unlike her, I kept the gag on like in the cartoon. “Mm-hmph,” I grunted.

My sister leaned to one side, pulling against the ropes, and slowly pulled her left arm out from the coils. Pretending to speak into a communicator wristwatch like Penny Gadget from the show, she said: “Brain!? I’m trapped in the basement!”

A few second later, she looked over at the basement stairs and acted like the dog had appeared. “Brain!” she exclaimed. “Quick; untie me!”

My sister then started undoing the ropes herself, talking to “Brain” as she did so (we actually DID have a dog; though they sat in the corner lazily ; )

“You better go help Uncle Gadget!” my sister said once she was untied, and then turned to me and started undoing my ropes.

Once my hands were free, I reached up and unfastened the gag from my mouth.

Then my sister gasped, placing her hand on my shoulder. “I think someone’s coming!” she cried.

“What do we do!?” I whispered back, trying not to laugh.

“Put the gags back on!” she hissed, and she started tying the white cloth back over her mouth. I did the same; and then she started motioning for me to tie the ropes back around the chair. I did as I did before, and my sister copied me; mimicking how I’d slipped my arms through the ropes once they were in place.

Obviously, this took MUCH longer than the five seconds the characters from cartoon had taken to fully tie themselves up…we kept mumbling at each other through our gags to hurry up; it was pretty funny.

My sister & I started twisting in our chairs, going “Mmph!” as we pretended that the bad guys had returned to check on us. After a few minutes when they “left”, we started undoing our ropes for the second time.

“Alright, Professor Greenfinger,” my sister started saying after she untied her gag a second time. “You better get out of here and call the police!”

“Oh, dear!” I stuttered; and both me and my sister laughed at my impression.

“Took longer than on the show,” my sister commented as we were putting everything back where it belonged.

“Think it would have been better if they’d just stayed tied up longer,” I said truthfully.

“Yeah,” she agreed. “Lousy snoop!”

Looking back, it was pretty neat that me and my sister were pretty chill about tie up games.

Will post some more short stories about it later on.
Dpsiic
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Dpsiic »

Cute story, got admit even cartoon tie ups are fun
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

Dpsiic wrote: 1 year ago Cute story, got admit even cartoon tie ups are fun
Pretty sure that those cartoons were where we got the ideas for half of our tie-up games. XD
harveygasson
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by harveygasson »

Cool story, I hope you do more
thas2200
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by thas2200 »

Really cool story, i can't wait the short stories :P
Sorry for my english, stupid french here ! :twisted:
TiedAndTaped3D
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by TiedAndTaped3D »

What an awesome tale! There were a few scenes on TV I saw as a kid that I always wanted to duplicate. Lucky you getting to do it!
Neostardustdragon101
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Neostardustdragon101 »

I hope this could be Catwoman almost got 'em
Detective-Gag
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Detective-Gag »

Neostardustdragon101 wrote: 1 year ago I hope this could be Catwoman almost got 'em
Ha…unfortunately, our lack of a conveyor belt at that age made reenacting that particular scene a bit difficult. XD

Hmm…we DID like “Batman: The Animated Series”…my sister thought Batgirl & Catwoman we’re cool.

I vaguely remember a game we played based off an episode…that story will probably show up on here soon.
drgoremd
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drgoremd »

Nice!

I think all of wish we had a little sister who liked to pretend she was Penny Gadget :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic