That Funding is Mine (F/M)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

That Funding is Mine (F/M)

Post by RotiferTape »

This story was inspired when I learned that another grad student is applying for the same research grant that I am.

I was sitting in my office typing away at my laptop. It was 9:00pm so I still had few hours to work on my research grant due at midnight. It was several weeks in the making and it felt so good being near the end. A knock on my office door distracted me, I look over and see one of my peers Marissa standing in the doorway. Her office is right next to mine and she is working on the same grant proposal as I am. Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. She was holding two mugs of coffee and walked in my office.

“Need some caffeine?” She asked.
“That would be amazing.” I said and took one of the mugs. She sat down in the spare chair in my office and crossed her legs. She was wearing a small green shirts, black leggings and black socks. I assumed her shoes were in her office as she always leaves them there when we work late. I sipped on the coffee and spun my chair around to face her.
“So are you almost done with your proposal?” I asked.
“Yep! If I get approved I’ll be studying deep sea birds and doing stable isotope analysis to determine niche partitioning. You?”
“Nice! I’ll be looking at parasite assemblages in Common Loon and Red-throated Loon.” I replied.
“Cool! It sucks only one proposal will be selected for funding though.” She said.
“Yeah, it would be nice if we could both get it. May the best biologist win.” We clank our mugs together. I drank a couple more gulps and turned back to my desk. Something was wrong though. The words on my computer were blurry. I couldn’t focus on them, and then I felt myself getting lightheaded.
“What is—-“ I began to say until the room started spinning. I tried standing from my chair but immediately fell back. I landed in the arms of Marissa who caught me. I looked up into her eyes to see her smiling.
“What are you doi—“ I began to say, but she put her hand over my mouth.
“Shhhhh. Just go to sleep.” She said. My eyes were incredibly heavy at this point and I was very tired. Soon after I passed out in her arms.

I slowly opened my eyes. There was a constant clicking sound that coaxed me awake. I lifted my head and looked around the room as my vision sluggishly returned. I turned toward the clicking sound, it was coming from my desk. A blurry figure sitting hunched my computer typed away at the keyboard. It was Marissa. She was working on something from my computer. I wanted to get up and ask what happened but I tried to move I didn’t budge.
“Mmph.” I grunted when I realized I was stuck. Why couldn’t I talk? Marissa looked over and smiled.
“Mornin sunshine, did you enjoy your little nap?”
“Mmmph grmm mmmph mmm.”
“Sounds rough.” Said Marissa and turned back to my computer. I looked over to small mirror on the back of my office door and noticed that my lower face was completely covered with thick black tape.
“Mmmmmmmmmmmmph!” I tried to yell. Marissa just smirked.
“That’s double wide gorilla tape sweetie. You’re not talking anytime soon. It’s also what you’re tied up with.”
I looked down completely forgetting that I was immobile. My entire upper body was taped to my office chair. Mummified from my shoulders to my hands and attached to the chair. My thighs were taped to the seat and my legs were taped together from below my knees to my ankles. I noticed my shoes were removed.
“You’re going to be tied up for a while.” Said Marissa as if she read my mind. “Thought I’d make you as comfortable as possible. Also don’t worry, I wrapped your upper body in saran wrap before taping you to the chair, so it shouldn’t hurt coming off whenever you are released.”
“Ymmm armmph dmmp timmph?” I tried to say.
“I assume you’re wondering what’s going on or why am I doing this blah blah blah. I worked too hard on my proposal to not get it. I know you did too and I’m sorry about this, but I need to eliminate the competition.”
“Mmmmph?” I looked at my computer and realized she was editing my proposal. Full of grammar errors and misspellings. She was doing everything she could to make it look like sloppy work.
“There see? It looks like a 1st grader wrote this. No Grant committee would ever approve of this.”
“Mmmph mmm mmmph!” I started struggling in my chair and shook my head.
“Annnnndd send.” Marissa submitted the poorly written proposal.
“Mmmmmmmmm! Ymmm emmmdj gmmph wmph!”
“Now I think you’re at the ‘you won’t get away with this stage’. Look, you’re not the first one I tied up and sabotaged before. I’ve done last year with Claire and completely got away with it. I’ll get away with this one too. Now I need to stash you somewhere until tomorrow afternoon after they announce the award winner.”

I began to struggle in my chair again as Marissa walked toward me and stood behind. She started wheeling me out of the office and down the hall to the lobby of the University. I struggled and groaned in my gag the whole time.
“Oh hush, it’s not that bad.” Said Marissa as she stopped at the janitor’s closet. “This should do. They don’t get in until early evening so this will be a good place to keep you.”
“Mmmph!” I protested as she wheeled me in the closet and set the chair next to a support beam.
“Now let’s make sure you’re really secured.” She smiled. She took the gorilla tape and added another layer around my body attached the chair to the beam. Then she pulled out a scarf from around her pocket.
“This should help keep you calm until you’re found.” She tied it t around my eyes making a blindfold. She stoked my head a couple times and patted my check.
“Bye bye.” She said and left the room giggling. Leaving me to struggle and moan for who knows how long.
Climb mountains, camp in deserts, explore jungles, search in tide pools, love your planet.
gaggedbyawoman
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by gaggedbyawoman »

Absolutely fantastic 👏👏👏👏👏🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Loved every word of🤩🤩🤩🤩 please write more stories exactly like this 😃 you have great talent.
jone123
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by jone123 »

fantastic story, I really enjoyed reading it

please write more like it
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

jone123 wrote: 1 month ago fantastic story, I really enjoyed reading it

please write more like it
Thank you!
Climb mountains, camp in deserts, explore jungles, search in tide pools, love your planet.
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

gaggedbyawoman wrote: 1 month ago Absolutely fantastic 👏👏👏👏👏🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 Loved every word of🤩🤩🤩🤩 please write more stories exactly like this 😃 you have great talent.
Thank you!
Rerun
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Rerun »

Looks like Marissa got her grant, sucks that the he had his work ruined, but he did get to spend presumably hours mummified, so it probably wasn’t bad. At least he could be able to have a stolen grant support group with Claire, but Marissa might do something about that.
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

Rerun wrote: 1 month ago Looks like Marissa got her grant, sucks that the he had his work ruined, but he did get to spend presumably hours mummified, so it probably wasn’t bad. At least he could be able to have a stolen grant support group with Claire, but Marissa might do something about that.
Perhaps a prequel on Claire’s story is needed haha
Red86
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Red86 »

Nothing wrong with a healthy competition, proceeds to drug said competition, bind/gag them and then changes their work..... man that sounds a little rough on the hard work side but atleast he presumably got to enjoy being tied up for awhile 😅
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

Red86 wrote: 1 month ago Nothing wrong with a healthy competition, proceeds to drug said competition, bind/gag them and then changes their work..... man that sounds a little rough on the hard work side but atleast he presumably got to enjoy being tied up for awhile 😅
That would be the silver lining to this situation haha.
PaulsPerils
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by PaulsPerils »

Really good story!
RotiferTape
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by RotiferTape »

PaulsPerils wrote: 1 month ago Really good story!
Thank you!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic