Rope or tape?

Wanna Talk about TUGs with your fellow members? Then you may do so here.
faye2013

Rope or tape?

Post by faye2013 »

Me and my partner have always both liked tape and ropes. But we can never decide which is the most favourite?🤔

Tape is easy and quick to bound someone up. But rope is more aesthetically pleasing but takes longer to tie someone up.

I'm curious what your opinions are? Which do you prefer ropes or tape or both?
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

I would only use tape as a quick means to bind in a kidnap role play or something. Otherwise, it’s rope all the way. As you said, it looks great. And I don’t mind that it takes longer to use, if anything I enjoy that more personal touch.
captured_prize
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by captured_prize »

Definitely ropes. I don't mind tape, but ropes look and feel much better.
Just your average crossdressing damsel in distress...

Check out my story here: https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=20583
Sociopath3

Post by Sociopath3 »

Ropes, look nicer and if I remember where I put the knots they're more cost effective.
SinfulSloth
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by SinfulSloth »

Oh ropes all the way, tape is good and all but nothing beats the way rope feels and looks, it's worth the extra time and effort
faye2013

Post by faye2013 »

Rope definitely seems like everyone's favourite.. saying that I can't complain! Ropes are gorgeous and silky soft (I prefer soft ropes, better againest skin) ☺️ Thanks to everyone who replied😊
silvertejp590
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by silvertejp590 »

I think I generally gravitate more towards tape. I’m very clumsy when it comes to knots, so it’s much easier for me, but I also really like look of multiple bands of silver around a body.

That said, I’ve grown to like rope a lot more recently and would be interested in trying it if I was better at knots.
faye2013

Post by faye2013 »

icefire1281 wrote: 2 years ago I think I generally gravitate more towards tape. I’m very clumsy when it comes to knots, so it’s much easier for me, but I also really like look of multiple bands of silver around a body.

That said, I’ve grown to like rope a lot more recently and would be interested in trying it if I was better at knots.

When I started practicing knots and patterns with rope I didn't have a clue what I was doing. My partner had more knowledge and research than I did. He showed me a few basic knots and how to tie up something simple like his ankles. It didn't take me long to figure out how to tie him up completely ;)

It does help if you know someone who is also into bondage as you can practice on each other. But never give up trying! Those pesky ropes do have there moments but you will definitely get better :D
McMurdoPI
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by McMurdoPI »

I agree with faye, also important is to not become too intimidated by the fancy kinbacku forms employed in pro work. Those folks spend sognificant energy getting to that point. Using rope carefully doesnt need to mean beautiful over the top rope work.
Hello everyone! 32, m, Michigan, always willing to chat and help new folks get oriented.
JulieG
Millennial Club
Millennial Club
Location: Tied up and spanked over your knee, or in the dungeon tormenting you!

Post by JulieG »

Tape is quick but rope.is more.secure.Nd.more.versatile, except for gags and blind olds. But scarves.and.socks.are.better than tape.for.that.
silvertejp590
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by silvertejp590 »

faye2013 wrote: 2 years ago
icefire1281 wrote: 2 years ago I think I generally gravitate more towards tape. I’m very clumsy when it comes to knots, so it’s much easier for me, but I also really like look of multiple bands of silver around a body.

When I started practicing knots and patterns with rope I didn't have a clue what I was doing. My partner had more knowledge and research than I did. He showed me a few basic knots and how to tie up something simple like his ankles. It didn't take me long to figure out how to tie him up completely ;)

It does help if you know someone who is also into bondage as you can practice on each other. But never give up trying! Those pesky ropes do have there moments but you will definitely get better :D
McMurdoPI wrote: 2 years ago I agree with faye, also important is to not become too intimidated by the fancy kinbacku forms employed in pro work. Those folks spend sognificant energy getting to that point. Using rope carefully doesnt need to mean beautiful over the top rope work.
Thanks for the input! I’ll definitely take these points to heart :)
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Honestly, knot knowledge isn’t even essential for rope bondage. Technique and tension are key. I’ve only ever used the basic “shoelace” knot, and I’ve been complimented on my rope work, and agree it doesn’t look too shabby. Some of my work can be seen in the threads below:

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ife#p22401

https://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... ife#p41447
Tapebot
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Tapebot »

Rope for the bonds, tape for the gag.
Terry
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Terry »

Ropes because it looks and feels better as well as can be used in efficient ways and tightened to keep a captive tied up. Tape is simple and good but loses its stickiness after one use so unlike rope, is not re-useable makes a lot of mess when the person is unbound.
drawscore
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by drawscore »

I'd say it depends on the situation. For most of us, tie up games are just that - games. The question, is "Does the person being tied (or the one doing the tying) want the 'captivity' to be regular, hard, or extra hard?"

Regular, just use the rope.

Hard, use the tape.

Extra hard, tie with rope, then wrap the rope with the tape.

Then, you can get in to hog ties, or binding the captive to fixed or movable objects, like chairs, bed frames, trees, or posts/poles, using combinations of rope and tape.

And, just a reminder, the thinner the rope, the more difficult the escape. The really thin stuff, is sash cord from venetian blinds, usually 1/16th to 1/8th of an inch in diameter. Then, rawhide boot laces and stringing for baseball gloves, 1/8th to 3/16th of an inch in diameter. The most common rope is the ever popular quarter inch cotton clothesline. 5/16ths and 3/8ths diameters can be used, but the larger the diameter, the easier the escape.

Drawscore
fratboydanny
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by fratboydanny »

Tapebot wrote: 2 years ago Rope for the bonds, tape for the gag.
I agree!
ducttapefan
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by ducttapefan »

Think tape looks better IMO, but a combination of the two also works well
Mikeyropes29

Post by Mikeyropes29 »

Definitely rope,I just looks so sexy and the skill and patience involved is just a turn on to me

And [mention]Nexus[/mention] damn I'm jealous, I wish I could have been there helping tie her up,her butt is fantastic 😊
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

Mikeyropes29 wrote: 2 years ago Definitely rope,I just looks so sexy and the skill and patience involved is just a turn on to me

And @Nexus damn I'm jealous, I wish I could have been there helping tie her up,her butt is fantastic 😊
Well, I posted two separate encounters with two separate women. But I assume you’re talking about the first one, as her bum is more visible in the pics. But yes, they both had magnificent bums (and breasts!).
Mikeyropes29

Post by Mikeyropes29 »

Nexus wrote: 2 years ago
Mikeyropes29 wrote: 2 years ago Definitely rope,I just looks so sexy and the skill and patience involved is just a turn on to me

And @Nexus damn I'm jealous, I wish I could have been there helping tie her up,her butt is fantastic 😊
Well, I posted two separate encounters with two separate women. But I assume you’re talking about the first one, as her bum is more visible in the pics. But yes, they both had magnificent bums (and breasts!).
Haha yeah I clicked the first link and my mind got carried away
faye2013

Post by faye2013 »

Nexus wrote: 2 years ago Honestly, knot knowledge isn’t even essential for rope bondage. Technique and tension are key. I’ve only ever used the basic “shoelace” knot, and I’ve been complimented on my rope work, and agree it doesn’t look too shabby. Some of my work can be seen in the threads below:

Oh wow [mention]Nexus[/mention] those are your pictures?? Woow you done such a good job! The ropework and placements of knots is beautiful!

How long you been practicing bondage for?
Nexus
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nexus »

faye2013 wrote: 2 years ago
Nexus wrote: 2 years ago Honestly, knot knowledge isn’t even essential for rope bondage. Technique and tension are key. I’ve only ever used the basic “shoelace” knot, and I’ve been complimented on my rope work, and agree it doesn’t look too shabby. Some of my work can be seen in the threads below:

Oh wow @Nexus those are your pictures?? Woow you done such a good job! The ropework and placements of knots is beautiful!

How long you been practicing bondage for?
Ha, thanks, those are indeed photos of my work. I’ve been tying for over 15 years now, but only seriously practicing for the last 5 years or so. I’m currently in the process of compiling all of my photos (I have lots, haha) and resurrecting my fetlife account to dump them all in. I’ll likely post here when that happens if anybody wants to see them.
Bigballgag1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Bigballgag1 »

I think on the whole i prefer to see women bound with rope but tape does have its uses too ;)
Tapedupcouple
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tapedupcouple »

My wife and I def have a lot for both, for the most part we use rope for tying and tape for gags but we still have lots of fun using tape for the binding. Its a bit more rare since we dont use it directly on the skin but luckily she has a few catsuits that she will wear when we use duct tape for tying and the silver shine looks great on her shiny leather catsuits.

Rope can be lots of fun to and its always challenging trying to make it inescapable and trying to struggle free of it. We slowly improve with each time we even actually took a rope class from the infamous Nikki Nefarious which was great. I will say wifey has me beat when it comes to ropes though she is quite the squirmer and tier.
silvertejp590
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by silvertejp590 »

Tapedupcouple wrote: 2 years ago My wife and I def have a lot for both, for the most part we use rope for tying and tape for gags but we still have lots of fun using tape for the binding. Its a bit more rare since we dont use it directly on the skin but luckily she has a few catsuits that she will wear when we use duct tape for tying and the silver shine looks great on her shiny leather catsuits.

Rope can be lots of fun to and its always challenging trying to make it inescapable and trying to struggle free of it. We slowly improve with each time we even actually took a rope class from the infamous Nikki Nefarious which was great. I will say wifey has me beat when it comes to ropes though she is quite the squirmer and tier.

Oh no way! Super cool that you got to attend a class taught by Nikki.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic