The Files of Art. Inc.: The Hunt for the Lost Scrolls: Chapter 116 (01.04.2024) (FFFF/FFF/ MM/F)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Nainur wrote: 10 months ago I am in awe already... :shock:

Thank you my friend! But not praise me too much - before you have read the final score. But you spur me on to give my best!
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Fandango[/mention] [mention]LunaDog[/mention] [mention]Argentum[/mention]

Expect the first new chapter for next week :)
Last edited by Caesar73 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Caesar73 wrote: 10 months ago Expect the first new chapter for next week :)
Promises, promises :lol:
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 10 months ago
Caesar73 wrote: 10 months ago Expect the first new chapter for next week :)
Promises, promises :lol:
O ye of little faith :)
LunaDog
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LunaDog »

I've NO doubt it'll be great reading. Looking forward to it.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

LunaDog wrote: 10 months ago I've NO doubt it'll be great reading. Looking forward to it.
Thank you [mention]LunaDog[/mention] ! The first new chapter will be online tomorrow. The story will continue seven months after the end of the last chapter. The Hunt is not finished - far from it.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Fandango[/mention] [mention]LunaDog[/mention] [mention]Argentum[/mention]

Chapter 72

“The Hunt continues”

Seven months later, early October

Berlin Museumsinsel

Egyptian Collection

After Midnight: Security Centre

Frieda Müller stifled a yawn. Together with her colleague Annegret Haverkamp the petite blonde worked the nightshift at the Security Centre at the Egyptian Collection at the Berliner Museumsinsel - one of the most prestigious collections of Egyptian Art world wide. Its star exhibit was the famous bust of Queen Nefertiti – which had been discovered by German Egyptologists 1912 in Amarna where Pharaoh Akhenaten had founded his new capital “Ackhetaton” – “The Horizon of Aton”.

So far nothing out of the ordinary had happened. Nothing ever happened at the night shift, which was one reason Frieda loved that shift: She had time on her hands for her studies – and roaming the wide halls of the Museum which had been heavily damaged by American and British Bombs during World War II. After extensive restauration the Complex on the Museum Island in Berlin Central had been restored to its former splendour.

The security system of the museum was considered to be impenetrable and so the screens of the security monitors showed nothing of interest – as always: Another quiet night at the Museum. Frieda looked forward to the weekend: Together with her boyfriend she would fly to Copenhagen!

The young woman, who studied History at the Humboldt University, had slipped her black high heels off and her stockinged feet rested on the desk. The nude pantyhose had been expensive – but this was one of the few perks she treated herself to. She wiggled her perfectly pedicured toes. Just today she had applied fresh crimson red nail polish.

A flicker on one of the monitors broke her out of her reverie “Annegret did you see that?” “What?” her colleague asked her “That flicker on screen 10?” “Probably nothing” the tall brunette shrugged and returned her attention to her smartphone “There it was again!” Frieda was excited now “Just a malfunction” Annegret returned without looking up from her smartphone, sounding bored “You know this room houses Papyri and old stones only, nothing of great value” the brunette said dismissively.

“I will go and have a look!” Frieda stated and stood up “Knock yourself out” Annegret shrugged “It will be nothing” The blonde knew, that her colleague was probably right, but anything was better, as just sitting around. Frieda slipped her Heels on and left the Security Room. Annegret was already fixated at her Smartphone again. Frieda´s black heels had been another small sin: The Gianvito Rossi 105 Pumps had been hideously expensive ...

Frieda followed the long and silent corridors, her heels clicking loud on the stone floor. Room 10 was only 30 metres down the next corridor. Abruptly she stopped. Had there been a sound? The blonde listened intently. Indeed there was a sound, like an electric drill? Distant but clearly audible.

The sensible course of action would have been to return to the control room and inform the police. In the aftermath Frieda did not know why she did not do that. Instead she stepped out of her shimmering black heels, and moved stealthily forward on her stockinged feet, making no sound at all.

The noise of a drill became louder with every step. Carefully she stepped over the threshold: In front of one of the cabinets knelt a figure entirely clad in black from the crown of their head to her black rubber boots.

The intruder was working at the lock of one of the cabinets. Carefully Frieda stepped nearer, her taser gun in her hand. So focused she was that she did not register the movement behind her until it was too late:

Two strong arms grabbed her from behind, pressed her arms against her body in a vice like grip, lifted her effortlessly off her feet. Her taser gun clattered two the floor. Frieda kicked at her attacker, but her kicks lacked precision and without her shoes – the occasional hit with her stockinged heels lacked power.

Only now the security guard opened her mouth to scream, but in the same moment she felt a sharp stab in her neck and everything went black, her body became limb. Her attacker let her glide to the floor.

The intruder working at the lock turned to their companion – and made a sign with the right hand. Obviously the intruder communicated through hand signals only. Frieda´s attacker set to work with precise and practised motions:

The blonde was stripped down to her bra, panties and hose. Her handler could not supress a grin under the black face mask: Obviously the little blonde had a taste for expensive and anything but modest underwear: Victoria´s secret in red lace “Too bad we have not more time to play” the intruder grinned: Frieda had an impressive bust and a trained and fit body.

The way her attacker tied her up betrayed the trained professional. 20 Minutes later the blonde lay hogtied on the cold stone floor. Elbows together, her long blond hair tied to her toes. Under the crotch rope the attacker had put a butterfly vibrator … Frieda´s lower face was covered in a wall of translucent tape. The gag packing had to be substantial, the little blonde´s jaws stood ajar.

In fact the Gag Packing was two pairs of used panties – the intruders kept ready for exact the purpose they had been used too. The fairly substantial red and blue pair of panties had belonged to one of their other victims – they had paid a visit two weeks ago. Since then she had kept them in her hamper.

In her professional opinion there was no better way to humiliate a victim as gagging her with another woman´s used underwear. The green pair of panties whose crotch panel rested on Frieda´s nose served the same purpose. It was held their by a stocking which covered the little blonde´s face from her chin till over her nose. The nude stocking was well worn of course

The female attacker had just finished the gag as the clicks of high heels on polished stone reverberated through the silence.

Quickly and silently the intruder took position on the left side of the doorway. Her companion had not interrupted her work on the lock for a second. The steps came nearer: Annegret Haverkamp supressed a curse: Where in hell was Frieda?

The screen had shown nothing out of the ordinary. But as the blonde had not returned after thirty minutes, the brunette had put her smartphone aside and decided to check on her comrade.

She was not troubled: Frieda had the habit to wander the vast halls of the Museum “Frieda” she called “Are you in there?” and froze as she stepped over the threshold of Room 10. The blonde was there, lying on the stone floor but obviously unconscious, stripped down to her underwear – and what shocked Annegret more: tightly tied and gagged.

A black clad figure was busy sifting systematically through the contents of one cabinet. Obviously unaware of Annegret´s presence “What are you doing here!” the brunette guard demanded. Slowly the figure turned around. Her curves betrayed that fact that she was a woman. So fixated Annegret was that she did not watch her back: She was grabbed from behind …..

20 Minutes later curvaceous Annegret had joined Frieda: She was tied up identically – mostly: her handler had removed her bra: Her toes had been tied together her legs in five places. Of course the knotted crotch rope was a tight one.

As her handler had found out three pairs of panties fitted easily in the brunette´s mouth. The final icing on the cake – in her attackers opinion – the stocking cap: A really ripe pair of nude hose whose soles rested under Annegret´s nose.

Their attackers had tied Frieda and Annegret together and tied a crotch rope, which connected both unlucky victims - grinning the taller of the two attackers set the vibrators on high.

Their heads were held in an involuntary gag kiss by 20 passes of translucent tape.

The two back clad burglars shouldered their back packs. They had found what they had been looking for … and the morning shift of the Museum would be greeted by a spectacular sight …
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Caesar73 wrote: 10 months ago ...Berliner Museumsinsel - one of the most prestigious collections of Egyptian Art world wide. Its star exhibit was the famous bust of Queen Nefertiti...
which is quite a place - I can recommend it. And I've seen that bust... it has something I fail to describe, but it touched something. 8-)
The guards however.... :?
well, this is pure fiction and wonderful one, too. :D
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

“Knock yourself out” Annegret shrugged “It will be nothing” - Well, the first part of that statement correct....the second not so....

Anyway, a great and welcome return for this tale.

The intrigue continues. Who are our break-in artists and what were they after? I have faith that the high standard will continue.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Wouldn't it be great to go to work one morning and find a package like this waiting? I must lead a most humdrum life. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. Your story grows and grows, [mention]Caesar73[/mention], very well done.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
LunaDog
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LunaDog »

Brilliant, as ever!
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

GreyLord wrote: 10 months ago Wouldn't it be great to go to work one morning and find a package like this waiting? I must lead a most humdrum life. Nothing like that has ever happened to me. Your story grows and grows, @Caesar73, very well done.

Thank you my friend! The next chapter shall be online at some point tomorrow :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Chapter 73

“A present from the past”

Hamburg-Altona, early evening 24 hours later:

Grand Duchesse Anna Alexandrovna Romanova or Anna to her friends stepped on the street, her gym bag on her back. The Zanshin Dojo was located in an inconspicuous brick building in Hamburg Altona. The violinist felt elated and at peace after two hours of hard exercise.

Sensei Minoru Genda had been very pleased with her performance “You were good today Anna San”, by now the Russian knew this simple statement was high praise coming from the taciturn laconic Japanese who accepted nothing else than total dedication and perfection.

Absentmindedly she touched the lightning bold shaped scar above her left brow. A constant reminder of her encounter with the High Priestess Anck-Sun-Amun, which Anna had nearly cost her life, had it not been for her friends which had saved her in the last second. And there paths had crossed another time:

Anck-Sun-Amun had orchestrated the kidnapping of Chris and herself. Anna had been forced to watch the murder of her former violin teacher Tatiana Nikolajeva and had been threatened with her right hand to be smashed with a wrecking ball and her precious Stradivarius too. Again she had been saved in the last second.

Since then Anna had trained relentlessly and worked on her already impressive martial arts skills. The dark haired Russian trained in Sensei Genda´s Dojo as often she could make time. Before the training she had had her last session with her therapist Dr. Frauke Johanssen “You have gone a long way” the therapist had complimented her “Stay safe – and when you feel the need call me!”

After her traumatic experiences during the Hunt Chris and James aka 007 had persuaded the violinist to seek professional help to deal with the traumata she had experienced. Admitting that Anna needed help had not come easy to her – but in the end it had been the right decision. While she was sure she could hold her anger issues in check, one thing had not changed: Her determination to settle the score with the dark haired Egyptian once and for all.

Chris had recommended Dr. Johanssen to her: After her abduction by the Oligarch Boris Oblomov and a one week long confinement during which she had been subjected to constant heavy bondage, physical and psychological torture as well, the pianist had felt the need to see the therapist. It had been a good choice the Russian thought. The therapist was an excellent listener and had a gift to lay her fingers in open wounds her clients were not even aware off.

Anna pulled her red woollen cap on, her long dark tresses in a ponytail – and unlocked her E-Bike a red metallic model from Kalkoff – a German Manufacturer: The Entice 3 B Advance was perfect to cruise the city or overland.

Whenever possible she rode by bike either from the Villa she and Chris inhabited high above the Elbe at Hamburg Blankenese or from the Offices of Art Incorporated at the City Centre. The Russian had always been in good shape, but in the last seven months she had improved her physical fitness dramatically.

Suddenly her neck hairs rose. Without attracting attention she checked for any signs of surveillance – and found none. This was not the first time. Several times in the last months she had had the feeling that she had been shadowed. But there had been never any proof. Anna pulled herself together and mounted her bike.

30 Minutes later Anna parked her bike in the garage of Villa von der Marwitz. She slipped off her running shoes and tapped on stockinged feet up the stairs to the entry hall. The Russian let her back pack fall to the floor and went into the vast living – dining room area.

Chris looked up. The blonde had folded her long legs under her and was studying her personal score of Rachmaninov´s Piano Concerto No. 3 in D-Minor. She was supposed to perform the concert with the Berliner Philharmonic Orchestra in five weeks from now.

Chris scrutinized her best friend with a keen look from her emerald green eyes “Training went well?” Anna smiled “Sensei Genda told me I was good” Chris chuckled “He said that? You must have been terrific then”

A low mumble interrupted them “What has she done?” Anna grinned “Sybil decided to be clever with me” Chris smiled. The blonde had tied the brunette Secretary of Art Incorporated and Hacker in Chief in a sitting hogtie on a sturdy wooden Chair. Sybil still wore her grey business costume minus her High Heels: Chris had tied her pantyhosed big toes together and back to her wrist bonds, so that her big toes barely scratched the floor.

Her lower face was covered by a silken Scarf which hid probably a copious amount of gag packing. The twinkle in her eyes told Anna that Sybil was thoroughly enjoying herself “Hey Sybil!” The Tech Wizard mumbled something in her gag.

“Where is Ragna by the way?” the Russian inquired “Ragna is having a date” the blonde smiled “There is a concert today at the Elbphilharmonie, Shostakovich” Anna smiled knowingly “She is seeing Ekaterina?” Chris nodded.

Ekaterina was Boris Oblomov´s daughter. Ragna had seduced her and kidnapped her to force her father to let Chris go. There had been mutual feelings in play. And since then Ragna and Ekaterina had seen each other regularly. Either in Geneva or here in Hamburg, today Ekaterina was seeing Ragna in Hamburg.

“Ragna prepared Dinner” Chris interrupted Anna´s musings “Why don´t you have a shower, we have Dinner and talk?” Anna´s eyebrows rose “Talking as in talking business?” the blonde smiled “I know you Anna there is something on your mind”

The Russian sighed exaggeratedly “That is disturbing Chris, do you see everything?” “Not anything” her friend teased her “Now go, have a shower and Sybil and I will prepare dinner and keep in mind: No talking about business …” “… during Dinner” Anna completed the sentence.

Chris watched as Anna sauntered upstairs, her face grew serious: There was indeed something they had to talk about. The blonde turned to Sybil who had followed the conversation attentively “Remember no talking about business during Dinner right?” The brunette nodded sincerely.

30 Minutes later Anna stepped down the large stairwell and inhaled the spicy scents emanating from the kitchen: Obviously Ragna had prepared one of her favourite dishes: Her special “Bouillabaisse a la Ragna” – Chris and Sybil had laid the table for three. The brunette had changed into comfortable lounge wear too.

During Dinner the three friends chatted about this and that – anything else but business. The Bouillabaisse was delicious – and after training Anna was really hungry. After Sybil had cleared the table Chris Anna and Sybil relocated to the living room. Chris took a sip of her wine “What did happen Anna?”

The Russian paused for a moment “When I left the Dojo I had the feeling of being watched – again” The blonde nodded “But you did not see anybody” Anna shook her head “No”. Sybil and Chris exchanged a look, the blonde nodded slightly “You know which date is today Anna, right?” The violinist shrugged “October 1th” Anna returned – and slowly recognition dawned on her face “Another package?”

The Hacker nodded “Another package” The dark-haired Russian muttered a Russian Curse “Another box, another letter and another piece of Jewellery” “Yes” Chris chimed in. The Hacker, the pianist and the violinist looked at each other. The first package had been delivered to Anna at Hall Place Manor.

Since then on every first day of the month, a package for Anna had arrived at Villa von der Marwitz: Every time an exquisitely crafted wooden box. It always contained a handwritten letter made of Papyrus.

Always Old Egyptian Love Poetry as Evie had explained to them, who had translated each letter. According to her expertise the letters were written by someone who could write the Ancient Language perfectly, like a native speaker would, a highly educated one.

The writer always expressed his undying love to Anna and expressed his desire to make her his Grand Royal Wife. There had always been an exquisite piece of Egyptian Jewellery too. As Evie had found out every piece had been an Original. Their enquiries to find out more about the sender had led to nothing: Always another courier service had delivered the package.

Those monthly packages were a constant reminder that their quest for the lost scrolls was unfinished business. True, they had obtained two of the three scrolls – and Evie and her Assistant Amanda had unlocked most of their secrets. To cut it short? The scrolls contained the plans to a mystical weapon: “The Sun Ray of Amon-Ra”.

The Problem though: The key parts were missing. The High Priestess Anck-Sun-Amun had seized the second Scroll right from under their noses at the Orkney´s. Without that Scroll, the other two were worthless.

That Chris and her friends had failed to recover the second scroll was still an open wound that had not healed yet. Since their return from England the High Priestess had vanished from the earth. No mysterious occurrences, no attacks.

But neither Chris nor Anna had believed for one second this was the end of the story. Anck-Sun-Amun would return. Someday. And they had to be prepared for it.

Chris mind wandered: Many things had happened in the last seven months: Anna´s encounter with the Men in Black, Carl von Winterfeldt´s attempt to take revenge, Hayley´s and Kirsty´s confrontation with a Scheme of Elizabeth Crawford to get back at them, Sarah McKenzie had “pranked” Chris in Vienna …. Since then she had not had any contact with the Thief ….

“Chris?” Anna broke her out of her Reverie “Sorry” the pianist shrugged – “I was thinking” “Sharing?” her best friend grinned. The blonde smiled back “No” Chris pulled herself together “There is something else: Tomorrow we have a meeting with a delegation of Europol and the Bundeskanzleramt” Chris let the bomb shell drop.

Notice for the reader: The Federal Chancellery or Office of the Federal Chancellor is an agency serving the executive office of the chancellor of Germany, the head of the federal government, currently Olaf Scholz. The Chancellery's primary function is to assist the chancellor in coordinating the activities of the federal government.

Europol, officially the European Union Agency for Law Enforcement Cooperation, was the law enforcement agency of the European Union. Anna´s eyebrows rose “What do they want?” “They didn´t say” the pianist explained “except that is urgent”

The Voice of Charlotte, the Artificial Intelligence interrupted them “Chris, Sophie and Evie will arrive shortly” Anna looked at Chris, surprised “Aren´t they in London?” “They were” the blonde agreed “but after the call of Europol and Berlin I thought it might be good, if they were present”

“Good thinking” the Russian nodded “You know me” the blonde smiled mischievously “And something tells me, you did us not tell everything” Anna chided her friend “Let us call it a hunch – nothing conclusive” Chris demurred.

The same moment the Entrance Door swung open and Evie and Sophie entered, both pulling Trolleys after them judging by the sounds. As the Lawyer and the Egyptologist stepped into the living room Anna could not help but to smile:

The two were a cute pair: The tall dark haired Lawyer who looked so much like Sophie Loren and the brown haired Egyptologist who had a striking resemblance with Rachel Weisz. Sophie breathed in deeply “Did Ragna made her Bouillabaisse?” “Is anything left?” Evie chimed in “I am starving!”

Anna grinned and rose. She hugged Sophie tightly “Here is the deal! Make yourself comfortable, refresh – and we will get you something to eat!” Thirty minutes later Sophie and Evie had refreshed and helped themselves to some leftovers. The friends sat together till after midnight. Tomorrow would be a busy day.

Alone in her bedroom Chris lay awake long in the darkness and stared at the ceiling. She could not shake the feeling that a storm was brewing: The Messages for Anna, that she was obviously shadowed, the meeting with the Europol and the Bundeskanzleramt – all that pointed in one direction – one Chris did not like.

The Hunt was still on - or on again?
Last edited by Caesar73 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

Intriguing chapter.....a lot of things going on here....can't wait for what happens next!
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Thanks for your kind words [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] !

You are absolutely right: A lot of pieces on the chess Board. So far we have seen the opening moves barely.

It will take some time before the fog is lifting. Why do Berlin and Den Haag want a Meeting with Chris and her Friends?

So many questions.

Thank you for your Support!
LunaDog
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LunaDog »

VERY intriguing. Things are developing rather nicely. In your usual superb style.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

LunaDog wrote: 9 months ago VERY intriguing. Things are developing rather nicely. In your usual superb style.
Thank you for your most kind words my friend. The story will continue with the next chapter probably today or tomorrow at the latest: The Plot will thicken :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

LunaDog wrote: 9 months ago VERY intriguing. Things are developing rather nicely. In your usual superb style.
Thank you, my friend: The plot thickens .....

Chapter 74

“One must be a fox in order to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten off wolves”

(Niccoló Machiavelli)

Hamburg – Offices of Art Incorporated midmorning

Office of Chris von der Marwitz and Anna Romanova:

Chris and Anna stood at the large Panorama Windows and looked over the Binnenalster and the Skyline of Hamburg. It was a warm and sunny October day. A light south western breeze rippled the Binnenalster “Any Idea Chris, what Europol and the Government want from us?” Anna mused aloud.

“Several” her best friend shrugged “And I don´t like any of them” Chris continued “I have made Sybil some background checks yesterday: Birte Ricciarelli from Europol has an excellent reputation:

Her track record is remarkable: Her Boss. Tjark Diedrichsen is more politician than detective. He is interested in results only. The real unknown quantity among this trio is Marcus Vandenberg, Special Coordinator at the Bundeskanzleramt he works directly for the Chancellor ….”

Sybil´s voice interrupted Chris: “The Delegation has arrived Chris” The pianist nodded “Show them to the Conference Room, we will be with them shortly"

Conference Room:

Birte Ricciarelli looked at the slightly dirty tips of her white sneakers and let her gaze wonder around the conference room. Christine von der Marwitz and Anna Romanova obviously had an excellent room decorator. Birte had opted for her most formal dress: White, not entirely pristine, sneakers, blue jeans, an unpressed white blouse and a slightly crumpled blue linen blazer.

She knew her boss did not like the outfit – and that was exactly why she had chosen it. To piss Tjark Diedrichsen off: Kriminaloberrat Tjark Diedrichsen was more a politician now than a detective.

He was interested in Results only. They had a silent agreement: As long as Birte delivered, she could more or less do what she wanted. And Birte delivered. And as long as she did that, Diedrichsen tolerated her disregard for protocol and her unorthodox methods.

At 35 Birte Ricciarelli was one of the youngest Erste Kriminialhauptkommissarinnen in the German Police. She had gotten there by a combination of tenacity, a brilliant intellect, the ability to think outside box and an instinct which had never failed her.

One of her colleagues had compared her once to a Rottweiler: She just did not let go, when she was on the track. Ricciarelli had absolutely no respect for authorities or big names – on the contrary. So her boss Tjark Diedrichsen got complaints from Higher Ups all the time – but as long as the detective lived up to her side of the bargain he ignored them.

From her Italian Father, born in Naples; Ricciarelli had inherited the long curly black hair, the lithe frame, the modest height and a volcanic temperament: Her bouts of temper were legend. From her Frisian Mother she had gotten her razor sharp mind, her dry humour – and her forename.

Next to her Boss sat that Guy from Berlin: Special Coordinator Marcus Vandenberg. Birte disliked him on principle: The man oozed Power like an aphrodisiac: From his perfectly cut blonde hair, the expensive tailored grey suit and the probably handmade brogues. His equally expensive After Shave made her wretch.

Birte did not like the idea to work together with a private Agency like Art Incorporated one bit. This was a police matter and should been therefore being handled by law enforcement only. To task a private firm with a job like this, did not feel right. This had to be the job of professionals.

Grudgingly the black haired detective had to admit though the credentials of Art Incorporated were impeccable. The Firm had an excellent reputation and opened an office in New York last year. Art Incorporated had played in integral part in the recovery of the Weinstein Collection and the destruction of Carl von Winterfeldt´s Syndicate.

Which role Christine von der Marwitz and her team had played exactly was a mystery – but the detective had heard rumours. Rumours she dismissed as fairy tales: A Pianist wielding the Katana like a Samurai? A Violinist who was a qualified sniper? Ricciarelli scoffed, she dealt in facts not fiction.

Birte had done some research on the two founders of the firm: The renowned pianist Christine von der Marwitz and the equally famous violinist Anna Romanova. She had to admit that the two women were strikingly beautiful – but Birte hated classical music. Her parents had forced her to learn violin. How she had hated those lessons! No Kriminalhauptkommissar Birte Ricciarelli was an ardent fan of Rock and Rock´n roll and Metallica – the early stuff.

A knock at the door interrupted her deliberations and two women entered: A tall dark haired woman with cat like green eyes, who bore a striking resemblance to the young Sophia Loren. She wore a black Power Suit and black high Heels.

Birte hated high heels, how a woman could wear those torturous shoes escaped her, “Sophia Loren´s” smaller companion had shoulder length curly brown hair “Rachel Weisz” Birte thought. She wore a white blazer a matching blouse, black slacks and black medium heels.

The detective failed not to notice her two colleagues seemed almost to drool when they looked at the impressive bossom of “Sophia Loren”. The latter smiled politely “Doctor Sophie Reichenbach, I am the Lawyer of Art Incorporated” she introduced herself with a melodious and rich alto voice.

“Reichenbach?” Vandenberg interrupted the Lawyer “You are by any means related to Hermann Reichenbach?” Birte noticed that a shadow crossed the Lawyer´s beautiful features “Hermann Reichenbach was my father in law” Sophie von Reichenbach said in a neutral tone but the detective did not escape an undertone she could not place.

Either Vandenberg did not notice or did not care “He was a very successful business man, a man of singular vision, it is a shame that he did pass away last year” Another shadow crossed Sophie´s features, evenly she countered “My father in law was many things” Vandenberg interrupted her again “The man is an asshole” Birte thought and felt Sympathy for the woman and admired her composure – she would have already exploded like a volcano, but Sophie Reichenbach stayed outwardly calm.

“Tell me” Vandenberg continued his cross examination “Why did one of the youngest and most brilliant District Attorneys in Germany quit the job and became a lawyer instead?” “Patronizing SOB – Birte scoffed. How would the lawyer react?

“You know” Reichenbach smiled “I thought it was time for a carrier change – and when the opportunity presented itself I took the most generous offer of Christine and Anna”

“But we digress Marcus, I can call you Marcus?” she asked with a broad smile. The lawyer nodded at her companion “This is Professor Evie Callahan, Curator of the Egyptian Collection at the Metropolitan, currently working at the British Museum in London.

Evie is my personal friend, I thought her expertise might be useful” she looked Vandenberg directly in the eye and laid her left hand on Evie´s right “Clever” Birte thought “The way she has stressed personal friend? The two are a couple” and could not hide a grin. If Vandenberg had hoped to get the Lawyer in the sack – Sophie Reichenbach had smashed his hopes with a wrecking ball.

In that moment, precisely at 1000, the door opened again and two women entered: A tall blonde and an even taller dark haired Woman. That had to be Christine von der Marwitz and Anna Romanova. And the detective was impressed against her will:

Both, the Russian and the German had a commanding presence – and especially von der Marwitz radiated a calm power. Her emerald green eyes were the most green, Birte had ever seen. Her gleaming blonde mane fell in waves down her shoulders.

Anna Romanova wore a red Power Suit and matching heels “I wonder where she got that lightning bold like scar above her left eye. I looks not fresh – but not old either” the detective mused as Romanova and von der Marwitz sat down across Birte, Diedrichsen and Vandenberg.

The latter seemed to be impressed by the tall blonde, the detective could tell - and not by her intellect …”Men” she thought disdainfully “Men are so simple: A Woman, tall, blond and athletic wearing high heels? And the Neandertaler reasserts himself - It does need only so little to impress men”

The founder of Art Incorporated greeted her guests with a polite smile – a professional smile. She looked from one to the other – her gaze rested on each one of them. And Birte had the feeling the blonde looked right through her. Von der Marwitz turned to Tjark Diedrichsen “Kriminaloberrat Diedrichsen, why don´t you tell us, why Europol wanted this meeting on such a short notice?”

Birte registered the blonde had ignored Vandenberg – and she sensed that did not sit well with the Special Coordinator. “Frau von der Marwitz” Diedrichsen cleared his throat “The authorities are the opinion” he nodded at Vandenberg “That your assistance in that matter could be profitable for us both”

Von der Marwitz still smiled, but her eyebrows raised a fraction “Assistance?” Anna Romanova smiled, her dark eyes drilling into Diedrichsen´s grey ones “If I am not entirely mistaken – you asked for this meeting” Birte Ricciarelli recognized a Power Game when she saw one – and this was one.

To her surprise her boss felt uncomfortable under the Russian´s scrutiny. There was a moment of strained silence “It would help if you would clarify your intentions” von der Marwitz added mildly “Your choice of words is” She smiled “a bit misleading” – patiently the pianist waited, obviously entirely at ease.

Interestingly enough it was Marcus Vandenberg who broke the silence, before it could get really uncomfortable “My dear Miss von der Marwitz” he smiled benignly “We are grateful that you agreed to meet us on such short notice, the Word “assistance” was surely not meant as an offence Miss Romanova” “Grand Duchesse” the Russian corrected Vandenberg mildly.

“Beg your Pardon?” the Special Coordinator seemed to be at a loss “It is Grand Duchesse Anna Alexandrovna Romanova” Romanova smiled condescendingly and sounded like the Aristocrat she was, the Offspring off the most noble most ancient House of Romanov “If I remember correctly I am the Grand Grand Niece of the late Tsar Nicolas II” she added.

Birte could tell the Russian was enjoying herself very much “She can really be an arrogant bitch” the detective thought “But in this case I have no objections” How would the Special Coordinator react? “Bring the Popcorn” Birte mused.

Vandenberg squirmed – and the Detective had to supress a smile – “Grand Duchesse Romanova” the special coordinator corrected himself and turned to Birte “If you would give us an overview about the case?”

Ricciarelli exchanged a look with her boss who nodded imperceptibly – and this cleared once and for all who called the shots, Birte thought as she prepared her presentation. She cleared her throat and the first slide appeared on the screen.

“The day before yesterday there was a break in at the Egyptian Collection at the Museumsinsel in Berlin” the detective began “the two security guards of the night shift were found bound and gagged in Room 10, where the inscriptions and Papyri are housed. A closer inspection showed that only the fragments of a stela were missing” Another sheet appeared on the screen, on it some fragments covered with Hieroglyphs.

“Old Kingdom, 4th Dynasty” It was the first time Evie Callahan had spoken “Yes” Birte continued “that is what the experts in Berlin told us too!” She cleared her throat “This break in is the last in a series of break-in’s that began in March this year” Birte did not escape that von der Marwitz and Romanova exchanged a look – she could not place it.

“Always fragments were stolen. The intruders were – according to the testimonies – always women who communicated in an unknown language. Several witnesses report that the attackers wore strange looking curved blades … “ the detective searched for the word …

“A Khopesh” - all eyes turned to Chris von der Marwitz “This is a Khopesh” the pianist added “The traditional blade Foot Soldiers in Ancient Egypt used” - the blonde turned to Sybil and nodded slightly.

The brunette rose and left the room. “No offense Erste Kriminalhauptkommissarin Ricciarelli” the pianist smiled politely “but I think I can spare us some twists and turns” she looked Vandenberg directly in the eye “Don´t you agree Special Coordinator Vandenberg” her tone was pleasant but Birte detected a steely undertone now.

“What my friend wants to say – but she is too polite for that – cut the Crap” Anna Romanova smiled broadly. Vandenberg was on the verge to respond as Sybil Schmitt returned, with a box of brown polished wood under her arm “This is it” she told her boss “Thank you Sybil” Chris smiled warmly and took the box. She laid it onto the table and opened it. Anna could not hide a smile as she registered the astonished looks of their visitors.

Diedrichsen was the first to speak “Is this real?” On the black velvet before them lay a Khopesh, a shimmering gleaming blade – and Birte detected some dents in the steel “Is this ancient?” she asked “No” Chris shook her head, obviously enjoying the surprise “How did you get by it?” Vandenberg finally asked “Simple”, the blonde stated matter of factly “I duelled its owner killed her in single combat and took the blade as spoils of war” Von der Marwitz had spoken calmly without any emotion.

Stunned silence greeted those words “And now Mr. Vandenberg we want to hear the truth, all of it” Chris fixated the Special Coordinator “Why did you want to meet us? As the Grand Duchesse put it so eloquently: Spare us any crap and don´t waste our time!”

“Wow” Birte was impressed “She puts that arrogant SOB in his place”

Vandenberg and Chris starred at it each other – and it was the Special Coordinator who broke eye contact first “Right” he said finally “We know that you dealt with an ancient cult lately, the Daughters of Isis” “You could say this” Anna muttered under her breath “The Government” Vandenberg chose to ignore the Russian “sees in this cult a threat to national security in accordance with our European Partners – and since you and your team have the most experience with the Daughters of Isis, we and our partners think that you are the most qualified for the job” he smiled benevolently.

Chris and Sophie exchanged a look “To me that sounds like a matter for law enforcement” the lawyer interjected “There is more to it, am I right?” she smiled but Birte got an impression how the woman must have been in a court of law, cross examining witnesses “You have not told us all” she stated and turned to Chris “This is pointless, Chris, I think we should aboard this meeting”

The blonde nodded “Right then” and turned to her counterparts on the other side of the table “You have heard Doctor Reichenbach – and we agree with her: This is pointless”

She turned to Sybil “Sybil, would you please show our guests out?” Chris rose, followed by her companions – she was on the verge of leaving the room as Marcus Vandenberg cleared his throat “Miss von der Marwitz, please sit down” The blonde saw him straight in the eyes “Why should I? Our time is too precious to play cloaks and daggers. You have wasted enough of it already” She turned to Anna, Sophie and Evie “Let´s go girls!”

“This is about the younger daughter of the Chancellor” Vandenberg exclaimed “Now we are talking” the Grand Duchesse smiled “I think we should at least hear the Special Coordinator out Chris!” The blonde made a good show of pondering the idea “No Anna” she said “He had his chance” then the pianist paused “But I am not heartless” and sat down, her friends followed.

Birte Ricciarelli was sure she had watched a good staging of “Good cop bad cop”

“Two minutes Vandenberg” the pianist told the Special Coordinator curtly “Use them well – or this is over” Birte could not help but enjoying the obvious discomfort the Politician´s “Serves him right”

The special coordinator cleared his throat “You know Leonie disappeared as she spent a holiday at an exclusive Spa at Hurghadda two years ago. We knew that she befriended there an Egyptian Woman – they went for a diving trip and never returned. Their boat was found later at the Red Sea, empty. So the authorities concluded that Leonie and her friend died in a diving accident”

“Do you know who this other woman was?” Anna leaned forward. A small smile curled Vandenberg´s lips “No, but we have a photo – recently obtained!” Another picture appeared on the screen:

It showed two Women in skimpy bikini´s – smiling broadly. One was without a doubt Leonie Gräber, her companion was considerably taller, and obviously in top shape, as her trained upper body showed.

She had shoulder length black hair and brown eyes – obviously an Egyptian. Birte´s eyes had never left von der Marwitz and Romanova: The pianist´s classical features resembled now a stony mask and her green eyes pools of ice. Romanov´s knuckles had turned white and in her eyes the detective saw a hate of fiery intensity.

“So you know her” the special coordinator stated the obvious “We do” von der Marwitz stated coolly “Her Name is Nofret. She was the second in command of the Cult Leader, the High Priestess Anck-Sun-Amun” the Pianist had spoken calm and emotionless but with a coldness which made Birte shiver.

“And you know something about her whereabouts?” Vandenberg prodded “Actually I do” the blonde acknowledged “You don´t need to look for her anymore” she paused “I gutted her and beheaded her seven months ago in London”

Silence greeted this Statement “What do you want to tell us about Leonie?” the blonde continued “We got credible evidence by an informant that Leonie is not only alive but joined that cult” Vandenberg explained.

Anna and Chris exchanged a look “The shoe fits” the Russian said finally “Who is that informant?” The special coordinator explained “We were approached by a member of this cult – who wants to defect”

“Which leads us to the one million Euro question: what do you want from us Vandenberg? Chris had spoken quietly – but the tension in the air was palpable – sounds still like a job for law enforcement. Let me tell you what I think: You want us to bring back the Chancellors daughter and take out the Cult? Then tell me, why we should do that?” And spare me the “Für Führer Volk und Vaterland Crap!“ The blonde leaned back and looked Vandenberg directly in the eye.

Notice to the reader: “For Fuhrer, Folk and Fatherland”

“We hoped that you would be interested in taking Anck-Sun-Amun out of commission. Clearly you and the Grand Duchesse have a very personal reason to do so” Anna did say nothing but treated the Special Coordinator with an angry glare.

“You still have not given us a plausible reason why you do not task law enforcement with the job” Birte looked at Sophie Reichenbach “and we all knew why” the lawyer added calmly “Enlighten me” Vandenberg returned evenly “Plausible deniability” Reichenbach said “If this goes south you can play Pontius Pilatus. If we succeed you can present a rousing success”

“I wouldn´t want to meet her in the court room” Birte thought and noticed that von der Marwitz and Reichenbach exchanged a glance, the pianist nodded almost imperceptibly “They have planned this in advance” the detective realized “Clever”

“Under certain conditions we might consider taking the job” Reichenbach continued “Meet them or we are out” “What conditions?” Vandenberg asked guardedly “First we want access to all your intel – and I mean all of it.

Second: You will fund the logistics and thirdly: We want a written order signed by you and the Chancellor, that the German Government tasked us with this job and grants us immunity” Sophie added with a small smile “Those conditions should not too hard to be met, Mr. Vandenberg”

“I will see what I can do” the Special Coordinator replied tersely “Those things need time” “You have till 0800 PM this evening” Chris informed him “One minute later – and the deal is off”

10 Minutes later the delegation had left “What do you think they will do? Chris asked Sophie. The lawyer smiled “They will play ball. They do not like it but they will: They have no choice”

“You did a good job Sophie” Chris smiled warmly “I did just my job” and to Chris´ amusement the Lawyer blushed.

“And so it begins” Chris thought.
Last edited by Caesar73 9 months ago, edited 3 times in total.
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

And so it begins.....the plot thickens and her heroes have their quest!

Bring on the rest of the adventure.
Argentum
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Argentum »

So the girls are on the road again! Perfect! Cant wait to read the next chapter!
There always can be a few more ropes.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Birte seems to be a very intriguing character. Cool.
Oh, those names...
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Your story spins into high gear. Chris' demands are completely reasonable under the circumstances. I expect Birte will play a major role in what is to come. Kudos, [mention]Csevans072[/mention].
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

And again the Grand Master strikes, entertains, inspires and delights, man these tales just get better and better, they so deserve to be turned into the epic movies we all want
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Caesar73 wrote: 10 months ago Of course the knotted crotch rope was a tight one.
One common thread in all your stories... it does not matter how tied you get tied, there is always an option for some 'fun'.
Another commo thread... escape is (almost always) impossible.

It is a fun to read this story and figure out what will happen next, only to be surprised by the story going in a different direction.
Keep writing ;)
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Bandit666 wrote: 9 months ago And again the Grand Master strikes, entertains, inspires and delights, man these tales just get better and better, they so deserve to be turned into the epic movies we all want
My hearfelt thanks my friend!

[mention]Nainur[/mention] Birte is quite the contrast to the other ladies - and she will play an important role in the future, that is for sure.

Chapter 75

“From the top of those pyramids, forty centuries are contemplating you”

(Napoleon)

48 Hours later: Somewhere in the Air above the Mediterranean

Birte Ricciarelli looked up from her notebook. They had departed from a small private Airfield near Hamburg-Fuhlsbüttel in the private Lear Jet, owned by Art Incorporated. The Detective had been welcomed pleasant enough by her new allies: Christine von der Marwitz, Anna Romanova, Sophie Reichenbach and Evie Callahan.

Most cordial had been the Egyptologist, the others had displayed professional courtesy and especially von der Marwitz had scrutinized her for a fleeting moment with those emerald green eyes, which seemed to see everything. Ricciarelli was no fool: Trust had to be built first – for them she was not so much a liaison but an overseer who would report to Brussels and Berlin.

The black-haired detective hated her boss and the special coordinator for putting her on the hot seat. Birte had no intention to play the spy for her superiors. First and foremost she was a professional – and as such committed to do her job only, that meant solving the case at hand. She could not ignore her orders totally but execute them with some discretion.

Birte looked around in the spacious cabin: Sophie Reichenbach and Evie Callahan had cuddled together in their seats and slept “They look so peaceful” she thought. Christine von der Marwitz was looking up from her Notebook and their eyes met briefly before the pianist concentrated on her work again. With interest the detective noticed, that the CEO of Art Incorporated was taking notes, obviously using Japanese Kanji. She seemed to write them as fluently as writing in German.

Before their departure Birte had familiarized herself with the backgrounds of her fellow team members. And she had learned that the Pianist was deeply rooted in the Japanese Culture and spoke and wrote Japanese fluently.

The pianist looked up a second time and their eyes met again. Birte was not sure, but this time the smallest of smiles seemed to curl around the blonde´s lips – before she concentrated on her notes again.

And there was Anna Romanova. The Russian was staring out of the window. Keen Observer she was Ricciarelli noted the violinist looked paler than two days before and dark shadows under her eyes, though she had done an excellent job covering them. The Russian seemed to be deep in thought:

Anna gazed out of the window: Yesterday had been a bad night. One of those nightmares again …. – and this had been different: It had been more some sort of vision: Pictures of an Egyptian Temple, a Palace and in that Vision there had been a man, a man she knew and she didn´t know, wearing the full Regalia of Pharaoh. She had woken up in the middle of the night, covered in cold sweat, her heart hammering.

Frauke Johansen had told her those Nightmares would never stop totally but become less and less frequent. And indeed: Yesterday´s dream had been the first for many months now. Anna knew exactly what had triggered that dream: The picture of Nofret and the Chancellor´s daughter. She had risen, tapped down the corridor on her socked feet and knocked at Chris´ door.

“Come in Anna” the blonde had invited her in. Obviously her best friend had waited for her “You are still awake Chris?” “No” Chris smiled warmly “Your dream woke me up, come!” She padded on the left side of her bed “Come under the covers or you will catch a cold”

Anna had needed no second invitation. The Russian cuddled against the warm body of her best friend. Chris switched the light off and held Anna in her arms, stroking softly above her head, till she was fast asleep.

Sleep did escape Chris for a while longer.

Back in the plane, the present:

Chris looked up a third time and met eyes with Birte Ricciarelli again: The green eyes scrutinized the detective – not unfriendly though. As the pianist mustered Birte, her thoughts wandered back to the moment the delegation had left the Conference Room:

The Conference Room, 48 Hours ago:

Chris had waited a few more minutes before she spoke: “We have a decision to make: Do we accept the assignment or not? Any Opinions?”

“To my liking this is all a bit too easy” It was Sophie who spoke first, calmly and measured: “The series of break in´s, the appearance of a photo depicting the Chancellor´s daughter and Nofret, the mysterious informant, who provides a list with the possible locations of the other fragments, which leads us – completely accidentally – on a quest to Egypt. If you ask me this whole scheme is designed to lure us to Egypt.

Sophie leaned back in seat.

“Evie?” Chris had noticed the Egyptologist had been on the verge of speaking “I think this is not about just us” she looked at Anna “this is about you!” The Russian raised her eyebrows but said nothing “There are those presents you get since March every Month, the letters and the Jewellery – you got one two days ago?” “Yes I did” Anna admitted grudgingly “This sucks” she huffed.

“In his letters your secret admirer stated his intention to make you his Great Royal Wife” the Egyptologist continued “Let me formulate a hypothesis” Evie said in tone she normally reserved for lectures and tutorials “To assume your secret admirer and Anck-Sun-Amun´s master are one and the same. To make you his Great Royal Wife luring you to Egypt sounds logical”

Silence greeted that assessment “So I should not go” Anna stated with forced calm “I did not say that” Evie shook her head “I just say, we should take this into consideration”.

Anna straightened herself “Let me sum this up: We waltz knowingly into the lion´s den, am I right?”

Chris pondered the question “The point is, do we have a choice in the matter?” she said thoughtfully “It is true we are walking probably right into the trap. But there is still that mysterious Sun-Ray-of-Amon-Ra – if that weapon is as powerful as the scrolls suggest, this might be our only chance to destroy it.

From what I heard neither Europol nor Berlin are interested much in this matter. Berlin wants us to get the Chancellors daughter back and Europol wants Anck-Sun-Amun taken out of Commission. So I ask you, should we decline that assignment?”

“Anck-Sun-Amun and I have a score to settle” Anna´s temper had finally got the better of her “So taking out that b*tch and destroying that weapon is fine with me”

“What I mean is, we just should not go in guns blazing Anna” Sophie stated calmly “Evie and me know intimately what said b*tch is capable off” “I know” Anna demurred a bit defensively.

Chris looked around “So I take it this is a yes we go?” and small smile curled her lips “You know me Chris” Anna grinned “Beam me up Scotty”, Sophie nodded “We won´t let you storm the gates of hell alone”

“There is another question” all heads turned to Sybil “Will you four go alone?” the hacker said. Chris nodded “I thought about that: Kirsty and Hayley are currently working a Case in California, in Los Angeles: A Maureen de Angelo has asked for their assistance, Kate works an high profile case but told me, she is on standby, if need be”

“Aren´t you forgetting somebody?” Sybil questioned innocently “No, I am not” the blonde stated firmly and several degrees cooler “Sarah´s experience could come in handy” Sybil pressed her point, not at least intimidated by Chris stern look” The blonde shook her head “I will call Sarah only if there is no other way”

The others exchanged a look: Since Sarah had pranked Chris in Vienna in the Summer, which meant that Sarah had stolen the Imperial Crown of the Holy Roman Empire and put Chris on open display for all the world to see - the thief had Chris covered in golden paint and bound and gagged her on a circling platform - the blonde hold a grudge against the black haired master thief ever since.

“Don´t you think this is a good time to clear the air?” Sophie had to admire Sybil´s tenacity. The lawyer knew Chris only for over a year now – but she knew it took some courage not to back off, when the blonde looked that stern.

The brunette Hacker and her Boss had locked eyes and finally Sybil had relented “You are the boss, but I think that is a mistake” Chris had not said anything, but adjourned the meeting.

The present:

Chris looked out of the window deep in thought. She knew that Sybil had had a point – but she just couldn´t forgive the thief that she had humiliated her in that way. During her captivity at Boris Oblomov´s estate she had been humiliated too, but not in that public way. Sarah had called her several times since Vienna, but Chris had not returned the calls.

The blonde concentrated on the files on the screen in front of her.
Last edited by Caesar73 9 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic