Carly Newton & The Mystery At The Mansion(?/FM)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
TiedOne
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Carly Newton & The Mystery At The Mansion(?/FM)

Post by TiedOne »

I was ecstatic when Mr. Jackson called me about a mystery he needed to solve. Mr. Jackson was the owner of Grindel Mansion, a famous landmark and tourist attraction.

He informed me that someone has stolen a prized jewel from Mansion Gallery. He gave me a list of employees who could be suspects:

Greg- The Host
Angie- A Guide
Mark- A Guide
Lynn- The Maid
Tom- The Architect

Since I was gonna spend all day in a old mansion with no real heating, I dressed warm since it was very cold. I wore a black long sleeve, cargo pants, and some comfy ugg boots.

I invited Andy along, since we wanted to become my partner. He wore a hoodie, sweatpants, and moccasins.

The first person we met was Greg, who greeted us. “Hello, welcome to Grindel Mansion. Would you like a guided tour today ?” He asked with a smile. His smile was unique as his dimples were pointed. I declined and explained that we are doing research on the Grindel family.

He brightened up. “Well I could tell you a lot, I’m a big nerd for this type of stuff.” Me and Andy thanked him but ultimately we headed around the mansion. We saw Angie and Mark talking amongst themselves. Angie had dust all over her hands which I could immediately tell was makeup and Mark had his hands in his pockets at all times. These two gave me some suspicion.

We passed the gallery which was actually blocked off from public view due to the robbery. “Looks like we need to wait here, to investigate.” I told my parents that I’d be staying the night at a friends house, Andy did the same. Than we both slipped to the upstairs of the mansion and hid in one of the bedroom closets.

We arrived late into the day, and the mansion would be closing to the public soon. As the staff checked the place before leaving, we hid amongst the old dresses of Laura Grindel, the young daughter of the Grindel family.

Soon it was nightfall, and we emerged from the closet. We crept back to the gallery, and crossed over the barrier. I removed my ugg boots and recommended Andy do the same. We quietly tipped toed across the floor in our socks.

I got close up to the mirror and noticed dust very similar to the make up, Angie had on her hands. I began to suspect that her and Mark may have been up to something. Than I noticed a crease near a painting, which revealed a secret door. ‘Well, this keeps getting interesting.’ I put my boots back on and walked through the door.

Andy followed as we walked down a secret staircase made of stone. This must of been here since the construction of the mansion, because it was dusty and dirty. We reached a ground floor, which was scattered with various artifacts.

“Andy, I think we found the Grindel Family’s treasure room.” I said. “Wrong, you stumbled into my treasure room.”

Walking down the steps is Greg with a gun. We put our hands up, and backed up to the wall. There was a portrait of Lawrence Grindel, who had pointed dimples like Greg.

“So, I assume your a descendant of Grindel.” He doesn’t answer he gestures to Andy with some rope. “Alright, here’s what’s gonna happy. Your gonna tie her up, than I’m gonna tie you up and leave you two here.” He tossed the rope to Andy.

He looked at me distraught. “I’m sorry.” He began to tie my hands behind my back. I could tell he was doing them loose, he was smart. Greg than tied him up, putting his hands behind his back, but Greg retied my hands. “Don’t think I’m stupid, boy.”

Greg pulled two chairs back to back and sat us down. Before binding us together with more rope. He removed my boots and Andy’s moccasins. Our socks were also removed.

“Now, I’m gonna leave you two brats here, and I’m gonna frame Mr. Jackson for stealing the jewel, and regain my mansion.” He said this as he began to gag Andy with his socks.

I struggled against the binds, ineffectively. “Your never gonna get away with this.” He grinned “I already have, now be quiet.” My own socks were shoved into my mouth. I really hated having sweaty socks in my mouth again.

Me and Andy struggled a bit. Greg walked back up the stairs and closed the secret door. We were stuck down here, tied and gagged, without anyone knowing. ‘Well, how am I gonna get out of this one ?”

To Be Continued....
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

I like how you use the socks as their gags. It’s practical! :)
Reidy
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Reidy »

I am on Greg's side here. Pesky detectives just need to be taken care of. Another strong start.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

Another good start to this fun story. Your never gonna get away with this, lol, now where have I heard that before ? ;)
TiedOne
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TiedOne »

Chapter 2.

We both struggled desperately to get out. However Greg was skilled and tied us very effectively. My groaned into my gag, hoping there was a way to get out.

Andy mumbled something through his gag. “Scmnissmmers.” He kept nudging me with his head, I looked over to a small table with a pair of scissors. ‘Now, if only we could get over there.’

I than started shifting my body in a hope to move the chairs, Andy caught on and began to do the same. We slowly hopped over. Soon we finally reached the table and started knocking on it, to try to get the scissors to fall.

Fortunately the scissors fell, unfortunately neither of us caught it, and it fell on the floor. Andy gave an annoyed grunt. He started to jump in his chair angrily.

‘Wait, this could break the chair.’ I thought and than started jumping too. Hoping to use force and break the chairs.

One jump together and the chairs began to crack. A second jump made them break even more. With a third and final jump the chairs collapses and we were free.

Well not, free our hands were still pinned behind us. Thankfully our legs were left unbound so we could walk around at least. I slid my bare feet into my uggs and headed back up the stairs. Andy followed behind, we than began to kick on the secret door.

Alas, after three minutes of kicking nothing came of it. We were stuck down here. But I never give up, I started to look around the treasure room for another way out. I noticed another crease around the portrait which was similar to the one around the secret door.

I tried opening it with my boot, since that wasn’t working I removed one of Boots and attempted to open the door with my toes. It took some time but I moved the portrait which revealed another passage way.

We headed up the stairs which led to one of the bedrooms closets. It appeared to be one of the Grindel daughters as it was filled with dresses and gowns. We closed the secret passage way and began trying to untie ourselves. Andy was able to untie me. I ungagged myself and threw the wet socks away. Before I untied Andy, voices entered outside the door.

“Did you hear Greg had to tie up two kids that were investigating him ?” It was the voice of Angie, the guide. “Yeah, seems a bit much but if this Little Scheme of ours works we’ll be able to frame Mr. Jackson without interruption.” That was Mark, it appeared these two were working with Greg.

Quickly I untied Andy, and removed his gag. “Man, I need to wash my socks more, peweee.” He whispered. I said “I don’t know how, but we’ll need to stop Greg.”

Andy told me. “I’ll distract the two of them, you sneak out.” I tried to protest but he continued “I’ll be ok. You stop Greg.” I nodded and hid among the dresses. He opened the door and said “Hey, guess who got out ?”

Angie and Mark entered the closet passing me, once they were focused on Andy, I snuck out. I heard the words “Oh, let’s have some fun with him.” Angie said them. I was concerned but I was on a mission. Greg wasn’t in the house, he must’ve left after binding us.

I ran back to my house to get some tools to stop Greg and free Andy. I just hope I won’t be to late.

To Be Continued...
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Good story so far! Nice Cliffhanger 😁
TiedOne
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TiedOne »

Chapter 3.

At my house, I grabbed some duct tape, a Swiss Army knife, and some new socks. Than I called the police, telling them to head over to Grindel Mansion.

I sprinted back, running in uggs is actually pretty difficult but I needed to save Andy. I saw Greg was standing by the front window, to avoid view I ran behind and broke in through the back.

He was blissfully unaware of our escape, he was still thought he won. I hurried back upstairs, I found Andy. He was wearing a pink dress, with tan pantyhose and makeup. He was tied and gagged. “What happened to you ?” I asked as I ungag him. “Angie made me wear this dress and did my makeup, Mark tied me up.”

There was footsteps approaching the room. “I’m sorry for this.” I say as I regag him and hide behind the door. Mark entered and mocked Andy. “Aw, look at the little princess boy.” He laughed but I jumped behind him and began to gag him with duct tape. He was surprised and in his state of confusion, I taped him up.

He was immobilized and I moved him to the dress closet. As I untied Andy, Angie entered the room. “Oh, no you don’t.” She charged at me, but Andy stuck out he feet and tripped her.

I quickly taped her up too, and placed in the closet. I untied Andy. “Sorry, about having to regag you.” He shrugged. “It’s ok, but how are we gonna stop Greg ?”

A plan began to come together in my head. I used the discarded rope, a chest, and told Andy to wait for the signal.

I headed back downstairs, and confronted Greg. “Look’s like your game is up.” He turned around angered. “It just seems you can’t give up, well when I dispose of you, I’ll get my mansion and Jackson will take the blame.” I grin and pulled out my phone, which was recording the conversation.

“Oops, you just confessed. Your crime is at an end.” He got angry and walked with malice towards me. I backed up as he walked passed the second story balcony, than I yelled “Now.” And ducked out of the way.

Greg turned and was knocked out by the chest I tethered on the second floor like a wrecking ball. Andy ran down, still in the dress with some duct tape. “Why don’t you change ?” I asked.

He gave an embarrassed smile “Well, I kind of like it.” We laugh and begin to tie up Greg. He’s dazed and unable to escape. I remove his socks and shove them in his mouth. “How do you like it, having your stinky socks in your mouth ?” We than waited for the police, Andy changed and I removed his makeup. “Maybe sometime, could you dress me up again ?” I of course agreed, he looked kind of adorable in a dress.

Soon the police arrived and showed them the confession. Greg, Angie, and Mark were promptly arrested and Mr. Jackson thanked us both.

We walked home, and agreed to become official partners. He would be the Watson to my Sherlock, the Sally to my Encyclopedia Brown.

But I knew, my future escapades would just get more bizarre. However, I was prepared to take on anything that was thrown at me.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

An action packed final chapter, good to see the bad guys, getting caught. :)
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

Another great job! I loved her regagging him and the Encyclopedia Brown reference! Hope to see more of the detective duo soon!
sockgaggedsissy
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by sockgaggedsissy »

Very good story!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic