The Files of Art. Inc.: Anna Romanova and the Cross of Romanov Chapter 21 (13.09.2023) (M+F/FF)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

Baby, it's cold outside...but roasting in the back of that car!

Once again you have left us hanging in suspense [mention]Caesar73[/mention]

The traps are set. Who will get the upper hand?
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

You are building and building towards that (figurative or lateral?) climax. Sadly, more people will die in this last battle. Somehow I suspect that poor Igor will be among the victims. You can't blame him.

When she is out of her current job, Chris should her for a sessions once. It seems that they understand each other.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

GreyLord wrote: 10 months ago But how many more twists and turns will there be?
Really? You have to ask that? :lol:
Knowing [mention]Caesar73[/mention] the twists and turns will go all the way to the end of the story and then some.
Great chapter, keeping us on our toes.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

slackywacky wrote: 10 months ago Great chapter, keeping us on our toes.
Thank you, that was the plan - things are about to get interesting. Anna has planned a hot reception :)
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Fandango[/mention] [mention]LunaDog[/mention]

Chapter 16

“Endgame II”

or:

“Shock and Awe”

Russia: Somewhere south east of Tsarskoye Selo around 1600 Hours:

Anna checked her watch. Dusk was approaching. She had that place chosen for a reason: With the dusk setting in, any person entering the clearing would clearly stand out against the sky – she had accompanied Uncle Fyodor often on hunting trips here.

For Anna´s purposes the insetting twilight was perfect. She checked for the two snipers. They had not moved an inch. But that would not do them any good. Anna had marked their positions. Time passed slowly.

Now it was almost half past five.

This was a game. A deadly one, one she intended not to lose. Her perfect pitch picked up a distant sound. Tyres on gravel: They were coming. Anna adjusted her VKS sniper rifle. The rifle was optimized for silent firing. It´s 12.7×55mm STs-130 subsonic round was perfect for the job at hand “I have to thank Vasyli – without him we would have been lost!” Anna shoved this thought resolutely aside.

In her sights she detected an incoming SUV. A heavy moss green Marussia F 2, Anna chuckled mirthlessly “Oblomov likes his toys”. The car halted in the clearing´s centre. It´s left backside door glided open. One tall dark haired woman, dressed in combat gear got out. She walked around the SUV. The right door opened automatically.

The Woman bowed and fumbled at something, then helped another person to get out. The awkward way she moved, she was obviously restrained. On her head she wore a red woollen cap. She was blindfolded and her lower face was covered by a panel gag.

Anna suspected she wore ear buds as well. Her posture, her blonde hair betrayed her: It was Chris! The Russian would have recognized the body language of her BFFL anywhere, anytime. And her heart went out to Chris.

The blonde had no idea where she was. Chris had just recovered from another orgasm. She had sensed that the car had halted. Obviously Natasha had got out of the car, because she felt the cool air on her skin. The door on her side glided open – and the blonde felt Natasha fumbling at her safety belt, before she helped her out of the SUV “Get out blondie and enjoy a breath of fresh air!” Natacha´s voice rang into her ears. Then silence again. Chris mumbled something not very polite into her gag: The Russian slapped her hard on her butt: Once, twice, a third time “I will miss our sessions Chris, won´t you too?” Natasha chuckled

“No, I will definitely not miss them” Chris mumbled into her gag. The Ear buds were on again – she was deaf, dumb and mute again.

Despite the vibrating knobs she felt soft floor under her soles. Where they in the woods? She breathed in deeply and inhaled the tangy aroma of the woods. Natasha held her firmly at her left arm. But Chris did not move “What could I do anyway?” At least the vibrators had stopped her devilish work.

Her pulse slightly returned to normal. She inhaled the cool air through the nose greedily “What now?” Natasha´s grip was firm, but not brutal. Chris hated this enforced inactivity – and supressed a curse as the knobs in her boots vibrated stronger again. Uneasily she shifted from her left to her right foot “I have many reasons to get back at Natasha, these boots are one more” Chris cursed.

Natasha checked the clearing. She could not make out anything out of the ordinary. She spoke in her head set “Eagle 1 and Eagle 2, could you identify a target?” Eagle 1 responded “Negative, I repeat negative, no visual contact” “Negative, no visual contact, Eagle 2 out” Natasha got a bit nervous, she felt exposed and she realized exactly why Romanova had chosen this site.

For any sniper worth his salt this was like a shooting range. But how good was Romanova? Even Oblomov had hit a road block, when he tried to access the Grand Duchesses record. Her Grandfather though had been a highly successful sniper at Stalingrad “The silent demon” the German Rank and File had dubbed him. He had a reputation for targeting Officer´s only: He had achieved 42 confirmed kills - if Romanova had inherited some of his Genes …

The security chief scanned the woods at the end of the clearing “Where are you Romanova? You are out there!” Grudgingly she had to admire how the Aristocrat had turned the tables, wrangled the initiative from their hands.

Anna watched as the dark haired woman scanned the area. She could have taken her out effortlessly. This had to be Natasha. But she was no real threat. The Russian aimed at the first sniper who aimed at Chris´ back as did the other one.

Those two had to go first “Come to Mama” she whispered and pulled the trigger. A soft plop, a perfect hit; in one fluent motion she changed target: Eagle 2 – another shot, another hit: Only two soft plops. Thanks to the subsonic noise almost noiseless.

Now Anna aimed at the driver of the SUV …

The sudden silence irritated Natasha. She had heard two soft plops “Eagle 1 do you copy?” No reaction “Eagle 1 do you copy?” Nothing “Eagle 2 do you copy?” Silence “Eagle 2 do you copy?”: Deafening silence greeted her.

The Russian grabbed Chris by the arm, her nails digging in her left upper arm sharply “Damn it!” Chris cursed as Natasha dragged her back to the Car, the blonde resisted. Natasha dragged stronger - Chris dug her heels in the ground, made herself as heavy as possible, which earned her another slap on her butt “Move! Bitch!” Natasha hissed in her left ear.

They had to leave! This was a death trap! “Ivan! Get ready!” she commanded “Move your stubborn ass Chris!” The blonde resisted with all her strength “I will not go back in this car!”

“You will pay for this stunt, when we are back at base!” Natasha hissed.

Natasha had barley ended, when the supposedly bullet proof windscreen of the Marussia F 2 dissolved into a myriad of splinters. Natasha froze: Ivan? Ivan´s head was gone … there was only a bloody stump left where his had had been.

Natasha withstood an impulse to take cover as a fourth projectile punched into the motor compartment of the SUV. “F*ck!” They were stuck! And her back up was still far away.

As if to confirm her cares an electronically amplified voice filled the clearing. The cool voice of Anna Romanova: “Lay down you weapon, get away from Chris!” Natasha made a move in Chris´ direction to use her as a shield.

But ere she got there, something iron hot grazed her left temple, she felt blood dripping down. Her head was spinning! The same cool voice rang out above the clearing again “The next one goes right between your eyes! Two metres away from Chris! Throw your gun on the ground, and lay down! NOW!

The security chief did not like that, but she complied. She had seen the marks which had hit the car: Romanova probably used a 12.7 mm projectile. A direct hit would make an ugly hole – no, not just a hole. It would smash her head in pieces. And Romanova would not hesitate to pull the trigger she knew – she looked at once had been Ivan´s head.

Slowly she retrieved her Makarov and threw it on the floor “Oblomov you were an idiot! I told you so!”

Hands raised over head, she slowly knelt down and laid down on the moist grass of the clearing and folded her hands behind her head. Natasha shivered – but not out of fear, but hot anger.

Anna stepped onto the clearing and moved forward. She had shouldered the Sniper Rifle and changed to her PP-2000 Submachine gun “Chris has to be deaf: she has not moved one millimetre!” Anna mused, as she moved forward. Her friend stood still as a statue.

Finally Anna stood only two metres away. Everything in her body screamed to rush at Chris, to hug her. But she withstood the impulse. Carefully she stepped nearer till she towered above Natasha. Her submachine gun aimed directly on the back of her head. She was so tempted to pull the trigger ….

Oblomov´s security chief had heard steps coming nearer, evenly, carefully – but steadily. Finally they came to a halt right before her, a melodious alto voice spoke. Coolly, measured, menacingly “Listen Natasha, I know what you did to Chris – and if we had more time, I would gladly use the tonfa on you, strap you on the rack – or whip your back bloody”

Natasha froze, how could she know? The voice continued “You will do exactly as I say – or I end you here and now. Are we clear?” “We are” Natasha lowly said. Her captor stepped on her back fully and pressed her face down the snow “I didn´t hear you!” The pressure on her back receded “We are clear” the Russian reiterated, louder this time.

“Right then” Anna continued “Where are the keys to Chris´ shackles?” Natasha thought for a moment about playing for time, but she sensed that violinist was not in the mood for any Bullshit

“In my jacket” she pressed through clenched teeth “So get them slowly and lay them before you on the floor! If you throw them or try any other bullshit I shoot you!” Romanova´s voice left no doubt, that she meant any word.

Natasha weighed the risks for the brief spell of a second, but then she slowly grabbed in her down filled jacket and laid the key´s on the floor.

The next moment something hit her with tremendous force on the back of her skull. She saw stars, then just blackness: Anna had hit her with the butt of her Submachine gun fully on the back of her head.

Natasha did not stir any more.

Maybe Anna had hit a bit harder than necessary, but that had been the woman who had tortured her friend. Anna listened. Nothing except the usual sounds in the woods, no sounds of high powered cars … yet.

They had to hurry.

Anna chanced a glance at her friend. Chris was still standing there. Still like a statue. The violinist sat to work. 10 minutes later she looked down pleased on her work: She had stripped Oblomov´s security officer, crotch roped her and hogtied her – with zip ties. Her mouth she had stuffed with her socks, before she had put a ball gag on top.

Her opponent´s pantyhose she had put to good use: One leg she had used as stocking cap, the other one she had tied to her victims big toes. This hogtie was very tight, one might say even cruel – but Anna felt no mercy. She had watched the video material. Grimly she looked down at her opponent “This is your lucky day!”

The violinist had just removed the shackles around Chris´ ankles as her perfect pitch picked up the sounds she dreaded:

High powered engines “Oblomov, you double crossing SOB!” Anna cursed – and fumbled at Chris´ ear buds, removed the left, then the right “Chris!” she whispered in hushed tones “You must do now as I ask. You understand me?”

The blonde nodded. The sounds of the machines came nearer. The blood pounded in Anna´s ears “Chris, I will lead you, but you must follow me” The blonde nodded a second time “I am still gagged and blind and shackled what should I do else?” She too had heard the sounds of the high powered engines. Her own impotence angered her beyond belief.

Anna took Chris by her left arm and broke into a run. The still blindfolded and gagged pianist stumbled along as best as she could. The sounds of the incoming vehicles were very near now they must have almost reached the clearing. Chris and Anna had still to clear over hundred metres to the shelter of the forest. They stumbled along.

Anna risked a look over her left shoulder. The first SUV had just cleared the passage to the gorge. Muzzle flashes, then the sharp rattata of automatic weapons. The fire was well aimed “Down Chris, down” Anna shouted.

With Horror she watched as one fire burst missed the blonde by inches only. Chris must have sensed it, she got awkwardly down on her knees, she threw herself on the ground. Just as she hit the ground, another fire burst riddled the air, where she had stood, seconds before.

Anna whirled around, knelt down, pulled her rifle from her shoulder and took aim at the first SUV. Bullets flew around her like a swarm of angry hornet´s, the screeching sound of an incoming mortar round – Anna threw herself to the ground. Not one second too early, as shrapnels cut through the air where she had just knelt.

The violinist struggled to her knees. Anna took aim again. She pulled the trigger: One shot, a second and third, all in in rapid succession. Obviously the driver lost control or was dead, because the car veered to the left and crossed the path of the second. With a sickening crunch both vehicles collided at full force.

One rolled over the over and landed on the roof, wheels turning, the other on its side: Only the third one held course, still doubling down on them. Anna knew, she had only one chance. She had to make it count, or they were screwed. The Russian pulled the trigger, once, twice.

The first heavy projectile punched through the front shield, hitting the driver between the eyes, the second hit the engine compartment. These last two rounds had been incendiary shots. The vehicle veered to the side, the engine compartment exploded in flames. The SUV landed it on its left side. Anna threw her rifle aside and readied her PP-2000.

Screams rang over the clearing. The left door of the vehicle was pushed open with a screeching sound. A man in combat gear tried to lift himself out of the back of the car. Anna did not hesitate a second.

Her short burst hit the man in the chest. With a horrible scream he sank back. The Russian emptied the whole 22-shot magazine of 7N21 armour piercing rounds into the wreck. It exploded into a fireball.

Anna was breathing heavily. The adrenaline rush subsided only slowly. Only the sounds of secondary explosions, screams for help, moans screeching metal – the stenches of cordite, blood, burning rubber – and smouldering human flesh hang in the air. The Russian changed the magazine of her submachine gun – and retrieved her rifle.

With practised motions she changed its magazine too. She heard a soft moan behind her: Chris! Anna wheeled around. Her friend was trying to get back on her feet. Blindfolded and shackled no easy feature – finally she stood. Also breathing heavily, trying to get her bearings.

Seldom Chris had felt so helpless: She too had heard the incoming cars, heard the fire of automatic weapons – and felt the heat of the fire burst barely missing her. Getting on her knees, throwing herself on the ground: Then the short pops of Anna´s rifle, the colliding cars, the explosions, Anna´s rifle again, another detonation:

A different sound then: The short bursts of a submachine gun, a piercing scream. Next someone seemed to empty a whole magazine. An explosion shook the ground … She registered different sounds now: Screams, the cackling of flames - and an eerie silence.

Getting upright on her feet with her shackled mitted hands was no easy feature. Finally she stood. From behind her, steps came nearer. She felt a gentle touch at her left shoulder “Chris are you alright?” Anna spoke softly. Chris nodded and mumbled something in her gag “I know” her friend agreed “ but your gag is locked, we must first get to the car and then to the landing field – it is not far, I will guide you, can you do that?” The blonde nodded – and Anna took her gently by the arm and they hurried along.

She felt safer, when they reached the woods “We must be a strange pair” Anna grinned, a tall woman in heavy combat gear leading a blind bound and gagged woman in a red skiing suit. She felt Chris uneasiness: The blonde could do nothing, she was condemned to impotency. Something her friend hated on principle.

Anna and Chris followed the trail, till the Russian spotted the Land Rover she had parked there. So far she had not noticed any pursuers. It would take time till Oblomov would learn of the disaster and even more time to dispatch reserves. When those would arrive on scene, Anna and her friends would be gone. She helped Chris into the car, adjusted her safety belt. Minutes later they were on the road.

On a secluded former airfield of the Russian Air Force, around the same time some kilometres away:

Nervously Anastasia shifted from foot to foot and rubbed her gloved hands to get some warmth in them. Vasyli´s men had secured a perimeter around the private jet, which was ready to take off. Minutes ago the young historian was sure to have heard some grumbling noise in the distance.

Where was Anna, was she alright? “Anna will get through, Romanova always does” she heard Vasyli´s deep voice. And it calmed her. The former soldier was entirely calm and collected. Now Anastasia believed what Anna had told her about her friend “he keeps his cool even in the thickest of melees, there is no better friend in a tight spot”

“They are coming!” one of Vasyli´s men shouted and pointed east: In the distance Anastasia could make out the lights of an incoming car, driving at high speed. With screeching tyres it came to a halt. The driver´s door opened and Anna got out, her face covered by camo colour.

Her eyes were bright. From the trunk she retrieved her gear. “Get her gear and bring it on board” Vasyli ordered. The Operative saluted crisply and went to Anna. The Russian thanked him and walked on the passenger side. She opened the door, bowed inside. Then she helped a woman outside.

It was the first time Anastasia saw Chris from face to face: She saw a tall woman with a red woollen cap on her head, her face obscured by a heavily padded sleep mask and her lower face hidden behind a panel gag. The blonde wore a red ski suit and matching UGG Boots, her hands were manacled before her body and her hands mitted.

Gently Anna led her to them “Her restraints are locked and we had no time to open them, things got a little bit tense” Anna explained almost casually – and Anastasia could not be sure, but under the camo colour her cheeks seemed rosy.

“Anna you get on board and leave” Vasyli pressed her “You are right” Anna nodded “How can I ever thank you? I am forever in your debt!” The former Spetznaz chuckled “You are not Anna Alexandrovna Romanova, you once saved my life, now I could save that of your friend – now go!” The violinist hugged him tightly and when they parted Anastasia was sure Anna had tears in her eyes.

Ten minutes later they took off. Chris was pressed into the seat as the jet accelerated. She was still processing the events of this day. In the morning she had been awoken in her cell, awaiting an uncertain fate – now she sat in a plane, and she couldn´t still believe it, they were headed home. She felt tears forming under her sleep mask.

Obviously the plane had reached it travelling height, because it stopped it´s ascent. A warm hand touched her gently at the shoulder “I will unlock your restraints now” it was Anna. The Russian fumbled at the lock of her sleep mask. Finally a soft click and Anna could remove it.

The sudden brightness hurt her eyes – and it took a while till Chris could see clearly: They sat in the passenger compartment of a Lear Jet. Their Lear Jet, the Lear Jet of Art Incorporated. Chris heard Anna cursing under her breath.

The locks of her gag were stubborn. But finally the Russian could ease the very large foam ball out of her mouth. The blonde moved her jaws tenderly to get back some feeling into them. Damnit her jaws hurt!

Anastasia was surprised: The pianist displayed no sign of impatience. Calmly and collected she waited till Anna had freed her of the manacles at her wrists and the mittens. Gingerly the blonde flexed her fingers.

Now, free of the blindfold and the gag, the historian could have a closer look at Chris: Her face was pale, she had dark smudges under her eyes – and looked tired, her blond hair matted and damp. Her emerald green eyes –Anastasia had never seen such a green before – were clear though.

“Thank you Anna” she spoke lowly “please, please get me rid of those boots – they are locked” Her alto voice was melodious – but betrayed her tiredness. And Anastasia could not and would not imagine what the woman had endured in the last seven days. She had seen only a fraction of the material from the dungeons – and that had shocked her already.

As Anna had removed the boots from her socked feet Chris sighed in relief and flexed her soles “This feels so good” There was silence in the cabin for a moment, then the blonde stood and hugged Anna tightly “It is so good to be home” she whispered.

Gently Anna stroked her back “Everything is alright Chris” Finally they broke the hug and the pianist stretched – and winced as something snapped audible at her back “I need a shower” she announced and began to undress – obviously not minding any spectators.

Anastasia noted that the blond moved very gingerly at times. Bowing down and rolling down the woollen socks took her some effort. As Chris stood finally stark naked in the Cabin, Anastasia gasped in horror: The whole body, from neck to ankles was covered with smaller or greater bruises, burn marks. The worst was the back side: They had faded but from her shoulder blades down to her ankles Chris´ skin was covered by welts.

Anna cursed loudly “I should have killed that bitch” Chris chuckled mirthlessly “Yes, she used the whip freely” she added “but it looks worse than it is – if you ask me, the hours on that rack were worse …” her voice trailed away.

To Anastasia it seemed as if the blonde did her best to keep herself together “I will have a shower now” Chris announced “and I am really hungry – and I have to remove some intruders, the bitch plugged me both ways” The blonde turned on her heels and tapped stark naked into the bathroom, far from moving with her usual grace.

As Chris had left Anna looked on her watch “I wonder if Oblomov already knows that his scheme failed” she smiled grimly “And I hope Natasha freezes to death!”

20 Minutes later Chris returned from the shower. She looked much better now “Thank you for bringing that set of clothes for me!” the blonde smiled. Chris wore a moos green turtleneck, jeans and two pairs green woollen socks on her feet.

With a sigh she let herself fall into one of the recliners – a flash of pain crossed her features and propped her socked feet on a table “If you had told me this morning that I would sit here in the evening? I would have called you barking mad” she said. Her face grew serious “Don´t tell me Anna, you let the bastard have the Romanov Treasure in exchange for me!”

The Russian smiled deviously “No Chris that SOB will find something, but not what he thinks he will. I have prepared a nice surprise – I will send him the coordinates in” Anna looked at her watch “thirty minutes – we should be home when he gets there so that we can watch the show!” But Chris had not heard the last words. She was fast asleep. Gently Anna covered her with a blanket.

Fondly she looked down at her sleeping best friend “I am so glad we have you back Chris” and kissed her on her forehead. And as the indomitable Russian turned Anastasia could see tears in her eyes.

This time she was sure, Anna had cleaned her face on board.
Last edited by Caesar73 10 months ago, edited 2 times in total.
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

Chris is safe, YEAH!!

It is a good thing that these women are as good with a gun as they are with musical instruments :lol:
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

slackywacky wrote: 10 months ago Chris is safe, YEAH!!

It is a good thing that these women are as good with a gun as they are with musical instruments :lol:
Exactly! Hooooouuuuurrrrray! Good job!
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

Never doubted Anna Romanov's skill with a rifle and ability to stay cool in a crisis would prevail. To see Anna kick ass was splendid entertainment. Those poor suckers didn't stand a chance.

Also, to see Chris and Anna at the end was a nice counterpoint to what had gone before. Firm friends indeed!

Very well written.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

So, Chris seems safe? I am not sure whether I should buy it. Knowing you, Caesar, a single battle is not sufficient to settle a war. Moreover, none of the big bad guys have been slain, only some useless minions are dead. Do Chris and Anna really think this powerful man does not want to take revenge? That they can travel the world and perform once more? That sounds naive. Also, the sideplot with Ragna has not been mentioned again. How can this be the end? Good stuff
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

You have generated interesting comments, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. One thing is certain. This was the opening skirmish. You have left Natasha stripped, crotch roped, and hogtied in the snow with zip ties. I wonder if she will still be in that state when she is brought before her boss. I do not think he will be happy with her.
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Bandit666
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Bandit666 »

Bloody hell, I step back for only a few days and you go and do this to me, not one hot, thrilling, exciting, and streamy chapter but two, and you call it the end game. [mention]Caesar73[/mention] if this is the end game, I hope it lasts for at least another month or more
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Beaumains wrote: 10 months ago So, Chris seems safe? I am not sure whether I should buy it. Knowing you, Caesar, a single battle is not sufficient to settle a war. Moreover, none of the big bad guys have been slain, only some useless minions are dead. Do Chris and Anna really think this powerful man does not want to take revenge? That they can travel the world and perform once more? That sounds naive. Also, the sideplot with Ragna has not been mentioned again. How can this be the end? Good stuff
All valid questions Beaumains :) Some of them will answered in the next chapter - the ambush to rescue Chris was not the only move on the Chess Board Anna and Ragna made. The key question is: Did she read Oblomov correctly? If not, there will be the devil to pay ....

[mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] thank you for your insightful comments as well!
LunaDog
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LunaDog »

Firstly, i've been in Estonia all week installing a Diesel fuel testing machine, only got back late last night, so that's why i haven't been able to comment until now. Come to think of it i wasn't TOO far away then from where ALL of this superb action was taking place, if i'd known i'd have swung by and rescued Natasha after Anna and Chris had departed!

But although, as you all know i love her SO much, i can NOT argue that she deserves EVERYTHING she's received here. And, as normal with you Sir, the events have been described SO well!
Argentum
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Argentum »

What a story. Tank you [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. Just great. I just read all chapters now within two days. And I cant wait for the next, probably last one.

Well I think Natasha will have a hard time to explain to Oblomov, why she is hogtied in the woods. But on the other side she has earned to taste some of her own medicine in Oblomov's dungeon. But I guess this wont happen. To bad (insert a devlish grin here).

I think his daughter will be ok. I have a feeling that her torture session was just a setup to convince Oblomov. And she shouldn't be a victim here, due to the reckless piece of something. But I am curious what will happen now to the cross, and what kind of trap Anna has in store for him. Don't torture us no, and let us wait to long please. :lol: :lol: :lol:
There always can be a few more ropes.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Argentum wrote: 10 months ago What a story. Tank you @Caesar73. Just great. I just read all chapters now within two days. And I cant wait for the next, probably last one.
Thank you for your praise [mention]Argentum[/mention] - it is highly appreciated. The next update will probably online tomorrow - and it will not be the last one. And there is an Epilogue to come: Someone is hell bent on Revenge ....

Surely Natasha will have some explaining to do - but it is fair to say Oblomov brought this on himself. Natasha warned him about double crossing Anna. If he sees it that way remains to be seen though. The next chapter will tell more and wrap some other things up.

So stay tuned :)
LunaDog
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LunaDog »

Caesar73 wrote: 10 months ago Natasha warned him about double crossing Anna. If he sees it that way remains to be seen though.
Unfortunately for my favourite girl, i VERY much doubt that he will accept it was his OWN fault!
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Fandango[/mention] [mention]LunaDog[/mention] [mention]Argentum[/mention]

Chapter 17

“From Anna with love”

or:

“I love the smell of Napalm in the moring”

Russia: Boris Oblomov´s residence later:

Boris Oblomov paced the floor of his private study and his staff knew him well enough to stay clear of him when their master was in this mood. He fumed. That the Grand Duchesse would beat him at his game he had not expected. How she had his precious Ekaterina kidnapped, spirited her away he did not know.

And she had deprived him of his price possession. He had had great plans for the blonde pianist. Women like her always had attracted him. They all had been tall and blonde – like his Anouchka. How the pianist had treated his beloved wife, with kindness and respect had impressed him.

The blonde had played that waltz of that German Composer 20 times, he had counted, and never her face or demeanour had betrayed the slightest sign of displeasure or arrogance. Patiently she had done all what Anouchka had asked off her. And as she had accompanied his Wife: He had waited for some sign of annoyance.

But there had been none. Instead she had demonstrated kindness and compassion: If he was honest? That kindness and compassion had been the reason why he had ordered Natasha to be even more harshly on Christine von der Marwitz.

He had hoped, no, he had whished the blonde would lose control would snap, belittle his wife, giving him a real reason to torture her, to visit hell upon her. But she had not done this. She had bested him, and he could not have that. Nobody bested him. Nobody bested Boris Oblomov.

And there was that ominous silence now. Natasha had not reported back. The mercenary troop he had dispatched also had also fallen silent. His private phone signalled an incoming call. He did not know the caller´s ID.

Only a very few people knew his number.

He took the call “Yes!” he barked “Oh my dear Boris” the melodious alto voice chuckled gleefully “You sound awfully stressed! You probably wonder why your beloved Natasha has not called or the low class goons you sent as support”

The caller chuckled again “It is soo difficult to get reliable staff these days dear Boris…. And poor Natasha is catching a cold as we speak. I wonder what has happened to your quick response team? I really did not check how many of them were alive, when I left”

Another chuckle.

“Christine von der Marwitz sends her greetings! Now Boris you wonder if I keep my word” the voice grew several degrees colder “I am a Romanov and so I will. I will send you the coordinates where you will find the treasure and Ekaterina will go free – but be warned!”

The voice grew even colder “If your goons, anyone you hire gets near me or people I love I will ruin you. We found some very interesting material on your servers” A malicious chuckle “I don´t think your Tsar would be pleased if he knew from your deals on the side.

Imagine the scandal if it goes public that you had a German Citizen, one of the World´s leading artists captured and tortured …. Remember that well!

Bye Boris! Do not bother to be in touch – oh and on a second note? Go f*ck yourself!”

A click: Oblomov stared at the phone in his large fleshy hand: The caller had hung up. Romanova had just hung up on him!!!

Lost for words the Oligarch stared at the black screen. A ping: A set of coordinates and a set of instructions.

Oblomov bellowed so loud the Chandelier vibrated “Ivan !!!”

Hamburg Blankenese: Villa of Christine von der Marwitz and Anna Romanova:

Chris stepped over the threshold “Good evening Chris” Charlotte, AI, greeted her politely “It is so good to see you again, if I may say so”

The blonde smiled tiredly “It is good to be home again Charlotte!” They were interrupted “Christine, you are back!” Sybil threw herself at her and hugged her tightly, the blonde winced slightly, but hugged the IT-Genius back “I am back Sybil” the pianist smiled.

“Hey Sibyl!” Anna chided he brunette which looked so very much like the famous Chrissy Marie “Give the woman some space! You could Anastasia show her room!” The historian stood a bit forlorn in the vast entry hall.

Yesterday they had been in Saint Petersburg – and now they were in Hamburg – Sybil being Sybil smiled warmly at Anastasia “Come with me!” Her kindness her enthusiasm was infectious – how had Anna called her? “The good soul of the house?” Now the brown haired woman understood why.

Anna turned to Chris and wagged a finger at her “You and me? We are going to the SPA! I want to check your wounds” Chris demurred, her cheeks reddening slightly “That is really not necessary Anna, I am just a bit tired and sore at places” The Russian treated her with a stern look “I know you Chris. And that is why you will come with me. Then we will have dinner”

“Yes Mistress” the blonde jested. That was just Anna –and that simple conversation made it real “I am home!”

Anna turned to Sybil and Anastasia “You two make dinner! Anastasia I know you know your way around a kitchen. Don´t let Sybil get near the spices – but she is handy with a knife: Let her cut the vegetables!”

The IT-Genius and the historian looked at each other, smiled and spoke in unison “Amen!” Sybil pulled the Russian at her wrist in the kitchen.

Later:

Chris felt perfectly relaxed. She had had a long nice bath with bubbles and the works. The hot water had helped to relax her sore muscles. Now she laid face down on the massage table and sighed contentedly as Anna massaged her back, from the shoulders downward. Only slowly the pianist realized that she was home.

It had been only a week, but this week had felt like a limbo of hell.

Chris knew, she had been near the breaking point – and if she was honest? Almost beyond, and she hated that. Even if she knew she had endured more than most humans could.

Anna felt that her friends muscles tensed under her hands “Just relax” she said softly “Everything will be alright” and she felt that Chris relaxing again. As her oiled hand caressed Chris´ lower back, the blonde groaned and purred like a large cat.

To herself Anna thought “Oblomov deserves what we have prepared for him, everything. The Russian took the linen aside and continued to massage her friend´s firm buttocks, then the backside of her muscular thighs.

Anna fumed inwardly: she had seen the fine net of welts that crisscrossed Chris´ body. All the haematoma, the burn marks. The pianist really had gone through hell.

As Anna massaged Chris´ perfectly sculpted calves, her beautiful feet Anna relished in the thought of putting a bullet in Oblomov´s head. The Russian kneaded the soft flesh of Chris left balls – and the blonde sighed contentedly “Do not stop Anna”

A grim smile curled Anna´s lips: By now Oblomov must have reached Vladimirovka ….

Russia: Konevsky Island: Early evening:

It was dark. A Breeze from the North West blew over the Island. Then the silence was disturbed by the sounds of approaching helicopters. The Chief of Oblomov´s guards had advised against the flight to Konevsky Island this evening.

He had cited many reasons- the approaching darkness foremost. But the Oligarch had him simply brushed off. He could not wait longer, he would not wait longer. And so the two Mi 17 Helicopters had started and were now approaching the Island.

They landed in the courtyard of the Monastery in front of the Church. Men in military gear got out and secured a perimeter. Like a General inspecting his troops Oblomov left the helicopters and strode to the entrance gate of the Church.

The coordinates and the plans Romanova had sent him proved correct so far. That arrogant bitch, he would teach her a lesson. She had lectured him about the merits of a word of honour “I am a Romanov” Four simple words. They stung like a hornet´s sting.

The nave of the church was empty “Press on the third plate afar from the Iconostasis” He could barely contain his excitement. And if he thought about it? Romanova was a sentimental fool. She had given up the treasure of the Tsars, of her family for the life of that blonde bitch.

His men formed a perimeter around him, as they had reached the Iconostasis. Oblomov was giddy with excitement. He stepped firmly on the third plate. At first nothing happened, then a soft click and before him several floor plates glided a side. A dark gaping hole appeared in the floor. Stairs led down into the darkness.

Two of his men with strong flashlights went in front of him, as they carefully manoeuvred the slippery stairs down. Oblomov´s excitement grew. After 12 stairs they reached a long floor, which led into the darkness “Follow the floor! At its end you will find the gate!”

The Oligarch felt like Howard Carter, when he discovered the tomb of that young Pharaoh! An insignificant young man.

He, Boris Oblomov, would find something much more valuable: The treasure of the Romanovs and the Cross of the Romanovs. It was said, that its owner wallowed under the grace of god.

“Sir, there is a gate!” One of his men approached him respectfully. The Oligarch came near “More light!” he commanded. In the bright light of the strong flashlights he saw wonderful things: Jewels, colliers, gold “Press three times on the stone next to the gate´s lock” With trembling hands he did press three times on the stone.

A soft click, but the gate did not open, instead he heard a voice, a voice he knew “Welcome to hell!” A sudden flash of light – and the last thing Boris Oblomov saw in his life was a wave of red fire rolling in his direction.

Outside the Church:

Colonel Victor Wolkov had seen many during his years of Service: Chechnya, Syria ….he had advised his Boss against this Operation. But he did what he was paid for. Operations at night were always risky. 20 Minutes ago the Oligarch and a detachment of his men had entered the church.

The abandoned place made him uneasy. Though he expected not any insurgents ambushing them, he would have wished for more time for proper reconnaissance. But he knew when to keep his mouth shut.

Out of sudden the earth shook under his feet, a powerful explosion. The main tower of the dilapidated church seemed to waver before it fell together – a wave of dust and dirt rolled over them. Wolkov coughed. He turned to the helicopters as he spotted two bright lights in the night.

The next moment the two helicopters disintegrated. Pieces of metal screeched through the air. Out of pure instinct Wolkov threw himself on the ground. Just in time. Where he had just stood a piece of shrapnel had pierced the air ….

Anastasia was curious. Sybil and she had prepared dinner, while Anna had tended to Chris. Now they sat around the table in the large living room. While Anna, Sybil and Anastasia talked animatedly and tugged in with gusto – Chris barely ate, at times she seemed far away, now and then she took a sip of the excellent red wine.

The Szegediner Goulash was excellent too. Anastasia exchanged a look with Anna. The Russian shook her head ever so slightly. She had registered Chris´ mood too. The blonde had donned comfortable lounge wear: A thick white woollen turtleneck, black yoga pants – and thick white woollen socks on her feet.

After dessert Chris excused herself “I am tired” she said and left the table “I will play the piano upstairs” Anastasia was looking after her. Anna waited till the blonde had gone upstairs before she explained “Chris will deal with this in her own way – give her space. She will talk, when she is ready. Chris never has, never had been one to talk about her feelings openly, playing the piano is her way to deal with her experiences”

The Russian nodded “But she will be alright?” Anna shrugged “I don´t know. But Chris is strong, she is resilient. We need to give her time that is all”

Upstairs in the Music Room Chris had done what she always did, before she played the piano: She adjusted the seat and sat down. Her hands rested on the keyboard, without stroking any key. She waited; her fingers would find their way. Chris blended any other thought out, just concentrated on the keyboard.

Her right hand stroke some keys. A tender fragile melody, almost out of pure instinct her left hand moved along the keyboard … the opening bars of Chopin´s ballade in f-minor. And Chris just played, she did not think. If she would have analysed her playing she would have noticed the little flaws she made. But this evening Chopin fitted her mood perfectly, it helped her to cope.

As her hands flew over the keyboard as she played the Coda she let it all go, played as if her life depended on it. Down from the highest discant to the deepest bass – and thundered the two final accords into the keyboard. She had not noticed that tears had rolled down her cheeks. Chris sat for a moment there, still like a statue – continued to play ….

Down in the spacious living room a fire was burning in the large fire place. Anna, Anastasia and Sybil were talking in low tones. It was almost midnight now. Anna stared into the flames as Charlotte announced “Ragna will arrive presently!” The violinist got up “Just wait here!” she told Anastasia and Sybil and tapped on her stockinged feet to the massive entrance door.

It swung open. The blonde Islandress stepped over the threshold, pulling her two trolleys after her. Their eyes locked and for a moment time came to a standstill. First slowly then faster Anna closed the distance and threw herself in Ragna´s strong arms.

“So good to see you” she whispered “Without you we could not have saved Chris!” Ragna looked her firmly in the eye “Anna you would have found another way!” The herculean blonde changed tack “How is she?” The Russian shrugged “Her body is bruised and beaten, but that will heal” Anna paused “She is very tired though, her mind is” The blonde nodded “That was to be expected, is she resting?” The violinist shook her head and pointed upstairs “She is playing – but why don´t you get comfortable and grab a bite?”

“I will” Ragna smiled, and slipped off her boots “It has been a long day” her mind wandered back …
Last edited by Caesar73 10 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
mrjones2009
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by mrjones2009 »

And they all lived happily ever after....well apart from Oblomov but who cares about him.

I sense some unfinished business with our hulking maid.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Beaumains wrote: 10 months ago So, Chris seems safe? I am not sure whether I should buy it. Knowing you, Caesar, a single battle is not sufficient to settle a war. Moreover, none of the big bad guys have been slain, only some useless minions are dead. Do Chris and Anna really think this powerful man does not want to take revenge? That they can travel the world and perform once more? That sounds naive.
I think I have to take my words back... Nicely done. Greed was a good end to that man. Honestly a surprise Oblomov fell for that trap. He had way too much trust. I wonder when Anna had the time to prepare that. Also, a shame such an old building was lost.
Argentum
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Argentum »

Great Ending. Ending??

What about Natasha. She is still lying in the woods? Lazy thing that. :lol:
And what happened to Ekaterina? She is going for a revenge?
And the Zsar? He wont let go this over just like this.

Questions and more questions.

And great one [mention]Caesar73[/mention]
There always can be a few more ropes.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

What about Natasha? I think she is chilling out. Great chapter, [mention]Caesar73[/mention].
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Fandango
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Fandango »

Great chapter, [mention]Caesar73[/mention]. I've definitely learned a valuable lesson from this one: Do NOT screw with the Grand Duchess. You're certainly in top form.
LunaDog
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by LunaDog »

You started this story at the VERY highest level, Sir, and you maintained that standard right to the very end. If THIS is the end of course, there's still a few 'loose ends,' for example a beautiful female tied up and almost naked in the snow, but that 's for you to decide if you wish to attend to them. This tale has been absolutely magnificent from start to where you've left it for now. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Oh, and IF i'm still a little concerned over the aforementioned lady, i'll lose NO sleep over Oblomov's demise. Nice to see it's HIS turn to be 'paying the penalty!'
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

[mention]GreyLord[/mention] [mention]Bandit666[/mention] [mention]banshee[/mention] [mention]Beaumains[/mention] [mention]Bigballgag1[/mention] [mention]Trammel[/mention] [mention]wolfman[/mention] [mention]mrjones2009[/mention] [mention]slackywacky[/mention] [mention]Nainur[/mention] [mention]Shotrow[/mention] [mention]TightsBound[/mention] [mention]Pantyhose971[/mention] [mention]TayDay95[/mention] [mention]NotSeen[/mention] [mention]Fandango[/mention] [mention]LunaDog[/mention] [mention]Argentum[/mention]

Chapter 18

“Healing”

Swiss: A secluded Chalet in the Parc naturel regional Jura Vaudois, five hours before:

Ekaterina stared at the door of her cell in the Cellar: Though on hindsight it was not exactly a prison cell, more some kind of hotel room, with a separate bathroom. The bed was comfortable the only difference to a hotel room was the massive metal door with no handle.

Midmorning Ragna had “produced” a video with her. It was designed to force her father to cooperate. The Icelandress had stripped her naked, ball gagged her and shackled her wrists and ankles. Minutes later the Russian had balanced on the tips of her bound toes. Then the blonde had used the cane – much of it had been for show, but her father wouldn´t know that.

Since then Ragna had left her to her own devices, after she had showered and redressed. The heavily padded manacles around her wrists and ankles were a permanent reminder of her situation: Her mind was still reeling, Ekaterina still grappled with what she had learned about her father – and Ragna´s “betrayal”. Her world had been turned upside down. The Icelandress, who had called her “beloved”, had pulled the rug from under her feet.

A part of her still was in denial about her father being a cruel sadist. The clips had been the real deal though. They had been no fake: She had seen Christine von der Marwitz several times on stage.

The blonde woman tortured and beaten had been Christine von der Marwitz – without any doubt. What had finally convinced her, that this was for real was the sequence as the pianist had accompanied her mother. That had broken her heart – nobody could have faked this:

And she had seen how kindly von der Marwitz had treated her mother. Ekaterina still had no idea what she would do, when she was back at Geneva. One thing was sure she could pretend that nothing of his had never happened. And there was Ragna …. She hated and she loved the Icelandress still – even after she had used her, played her, betrayed her. But Ekaterina felt still drawn to her captor “Stockholm much?” A voice whispered in her head.

The opening of the door broke her out of her reverie. Ragna entered. The blonde carried a tablet, which she sat down on the table in the right corner of the room. Obviously the Islandress was about to leave. She wore outdoor gear.

“So this is goodbye?” Ekaterina looked up to the blonde “Yes” Ragna replied calmly “This is goodbye. In a few hours a friend of mine will free you. He will drive you to wherever you want”

“And if I want to go to the authorities?” the Russian ventured. “Then you will do that” Ragna shrugged unconcerned “But what will you tell them? That you were away with another woman on a short vacation? You came with me freely, nobody forced you”

Ekaterina stared at her, then she sighed “What shall I do Ragna?” The blonde looked at the Russian – not unkindly - “That you must find out for yourself Kata – but if I were you, I would think very carefully, if you want to return to Russia ….. this affair is not over”

The Russian looked know intently at the Icelandress “What are you not telling me?” Her former lover, seductress, kidnapper – looked long at her “I am telling you that we all have to bear the consequences of our actions – I will say no more, only this: “You have nothing to fear. It is your father who should watch his back” She looked at her watch “I have to go now”

On her way out she turned a last time

“Take care of yourself Ekaterina, you are a wonderful woman, and if we had met under different circumstances …. “

And then she was gone.

Ekaterina starred a moment at the door …. then she pulled herself together, got up and went to the table ….

Everybody had retreated to their rooms – to get some sleep. Anna tapped on stockinged feet along the corridor on the second floor. Before Chris´ door she stood and listened. Gently she pressed down the handle and pushed the door open.

The Room was dark and silent, only the soft breathing of a sleeping woman could be heard in the silence. As silent as a ghost Anna walked to Chris bed.

The blonde lay on her back. Her face relaxed and serene. There were dark, deep shadows under her eyes. Under the beautiful features the Russian could detect the marks of fatigue, not of the body only, but of the mind too.

Gently Anna kissed her friend on the forehead “Sleep well Chris!” As silently as she had come, the Russian left and closed the door behind her.

The next morning:

The beams of the wintery sun filtered through the almost closed curtains of the bedroom. Like fingers they wandered across the floor, and higher till they touched Chris´ face. The blonde lay on her back, her head resting comfortably on the soft pillow. Her long blond hair framed her face like a halo. The sun rays touched her face like the gentle touches of a lover.

It was this sensation that woke Chris up. For a moment she kept her eyes closed to enjoy the sensation. She had spent eight days without sun, without fresh air, without daylight. In fact it was this sensation that let her realize in her heart that she was home, that she was really home. True, Chris had realized on a rational level that she had been home, the moment she had crossed the threshold of her and Anna´s home. But the soft sensation of the sunrays caressing her skin, made it real.

The pianist listened to signals her body send her. Anna´s massage had done wonders. Many of the tensions in her muscles had loosened or even vanished. Chris opened her eyes, looked at the high ceiling of her bedroom.

She felt the soft silk of her green pyjama’s caressing her skin and stretched like a large cat. The blonde pulled the covers aside and sat up. The pains in her lower back – a reminder of her hours on the rack – had almost vanished.

Chris put her bare feet on the Persian Rug next to her bed and enjoyed the feeling. She flexed her soles, wiggled her toes. For a moment she just sat there realizing “No one is watching me, nobody will carry me to another sort of hideous torture”

Resolutely she stood, and padded on her bare feet to her spacious private bathroom.

20 Minutes later she had finished her morning routine and got dressed: A black hakama over a white Hakama-Shita. This traditional Japanese Garb she had always enjoyed. Her long blond hair she had bound into a strict ponytail. Chris had brushed her long hair till it gleamed. The pianist went to a closet and entered a code. The door clicked and she stepped over the threshold to return later carrying a wooden box, made from black lacquered wood.

She wore the traditional daisho of a Samurai. The one, her sensei had presented her with. Chris closed the closet, slipped on her Birkenstocks and stepped out onto the corridor: The Villa was silent still, obviously her friends were still asleep. The soft carpet swallowed the sounds of her footsteps, as she strode down the impressive stairwell and into the large living room. Large Panorama windows opened to the east.

Chris opened the door, pulled it shut behind her and stepped onto the terrace and inhaled the fresh air. In the night it had snowed and a thin coat of white covered the terrace and the garden. The pianist walked to a wooden platform which was covered by a blanket. She pulled it away and unrolled a tatami on it.

Then Chris opened the wooden box she had carried and removed its contents: The treasures of a study and mulberry paper. The pianist arranged the items on the tatami and around it. She slipped of her Birkenstocks and stepped on the platform and then on the tatami.

On three sides of the platform three massive wooden posts stood. Each well over six feet high and around 10 inches thick, only on the eastern side no post stood. Chris stood facing the morning sun in the east. She sank down on her knees, in one fluid motion and bowed till her forehead touch the floor her arms stretched out in front of her and remained in that pose.

In another fluid motion she rose, till she knelt upright. Chris folded her hands before her breast and bowed, before she changed the position again. Now her palms rested on her knees.

The pianist closed her eyes, breathed in deeply in and breathed deeply out. Nothing else mattered. All sounds receded into nothingness. There was only her breath. Time and place had no meaning.

A short while later Chris stepped into the so familiar courtyard of Himeji Castle which had been her shelter so often in the last eight days. Under the old cherry tree a familiar figure was waiting. She supressed the urge to run to him and threw herself in his arms.

Chris had to smile as she imagined the scene. No, Sensei Nakamura was no hugger that was for sure. “Christine San” he greeted her courteous. “Sensei Nakamura” she returned the formal greeting, folding her palms before her just and bowed.

“You have returned home” he said warmly “Yes, Master, I have” Chris smiled and added “I came to thank you” the blonde bowed again “Coming here, talking with you” she paused “let me survive this ordeal” and now tears shimmered in her eyes.

The dark eyes of her Sensei rested kindly on her “I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil Christine – I am there for you, whenever you need me, but now it is time for you to return to the world. You belong to the world” Her Sensei paused “Trust your friends, they will be there for you – but you can come to me any time”

“I know” Chris smiled “Come” Nakamura said and took her gently by the arm.

Chris opened her eyes. They were clear and focused “Thank you Master” she said softly and bowed. The pianist stood and began her usual Tai Chi Warm Up in fluent, precise motions …

From inside the living room Anastasia and Anna watched, both women were nursing a pot of strong black coffee. The two Russians wore comfortable lounge wear “Isn´t she freezing?” Anastasia questioned Anna “I mean she is wearing just that clothing and is barefoot!” The historian shuddered

“No” Anna smiled, this is Chris´ way “I will give you the short version “Her father was a diplomat and spent many years in Japan. Since her early youth Chris has trained martial arts, the way of bushido. Sensei Nakamura became a surrogate father when her parents died in a car crash in Italy. Chris fluently reads and writes Japanese, the culture is ingrained in her blood, look!” Anna pointed outside.

Chris knelt again on the tatami, took the brush and in fluently movements she wrote Kanji´s on the mulberry paper. With keen interest Anastasia watched as the pianist took the paper and began to read aloud – the Russian could not hear it – but assumed it as Japanese.

“This was a ….” “Haiku” Anna supplied “It is part of the ritual” Anastasia could see, that Chris laid the utensils of the scribe aside and stood. She bowed gen east and with a fluent elegant movement – Anastasia was fascinated – she drew the Katana, grabbed the blade with two hands, saluted to an invisible opponent and executed a series strokes. To the Russian it looked like some sort of dance?

In awe the historian watched as the strokes got faster and faster. Finally it looked like as if Chris had woven herself into a bubble of steel. Then tree quick strokes. Chris presented the sword gen east and bowed and let the blade gliding fluently into its scabbard.

Incredulously Anastasia starred at the three trunks, each had been severed cleanly. Anna had followed her gaze “This is just a warm up. Chris is on the war path”

In the meantime the pianist had cleared the platform, put on her Birkenstocks and strode to the Terrace doors. She stepped in and closed them behind her. Anna eyed her friend: Her eyes were clear the dark smudges under her eyes had receded. Her poise was relaxed.

“I missed that” the blonde stated “And I wouldn´t mind breakfast in – let us say – thirty minutes” and left for her private quarters. Anastasia looked after her “I don´t know her, but she looks like nothing ever happened” The historian shook her head “After all she had been through?”

Anna smiled “Chris is no one who bears her heart on her tongue. Talking about her feelings is something she usually avoids. She keeps her feelings close to her chest. Chris will cope with her ordeal in her own way – and the best thing to do is to give her space. When she is ready to talk she will” The Russian paused a moment “And now I want breakfast!” and grinned broadly “And Coffee, lots of it!”

Midmorning after Breakfast:

Chris sat on a comfy Armchair, her legs pulled under her and was nursing a cup of her favourite Green Tea, if she did not partake in in tea ceremony, a Sencha, produced in small quantities only, directly imported from Japan. The blonde enjoyed this simple thing: Sitting here among friends, relaxed. She had never thought she would miss this so much.

Ragna, Anastasia and Sybil were obviously having fun: the Icelandress had said something very amusing, because all three Ladies broke out into laughter. Anna was going up and down on the terrace, having a conversation on the phone in Russian.

Finally she ended the call and came back inside and smiled at her friends “So after this is cleared up, I think it is time to do some serious catching up! Chris smiled “Indeed I would really like to know how you pulled this off, finding the treasure and rescuing me!” Anna looked at her friend.

Chris looked much better now. The night of decent sleep, the exercise she had conducted in the morning had definitely helped. The Russian was astute enough though, to know that there were scars under the surface – maybe deep one, probably deep ones.

Only time would tell how deep and how permanent.

Aloud she said “That story shall be told, I think it best Anastasia and I begin, Sybil and Ragna will tell their part of the story, agreed?” Murmured acknowledgements “Then let me begin from the start” Anna began her tale.

As she arrived at the incident in her apartment, when she had ended up bound and gagged and Oblomov made his demands something flashed across Chris´ face: for the briefest of moments, she had been back in the Dungeons “Tonfa can be pleasure and pain” she heard Natasha´s voice.

The moment passed quickly and she listened concentrated again:

“I bade Sybil to make a deep background check of Oblomov, his businesses and his private life: The picture of a beautiful blonde woman appeared on the large screen - Sybil took over “This is ….” “Anouchka Oblomova” spoke Chris softly and every heads turned in her direction “Yes” Sybil confirmed “I would have shown you a more recent picture” she shrugged “but since 15 years she seemed to have vanished completely. Till then Oblomova has been a pretty active Member of Saint Petersburg´s High Society”

“I can tell you” said Chris gravely “Anouchka was kidnapped by some of Oblomov´s opponents. She was physically and emotionally tortured, since then her mind is broken, she is like a child. It was incredibly sad” Nobody said a word, or asked Chris where had her knowledge from they all had seen the video sequence.

Sybil continued and another picture appeared on the screen: Another considerably younger version of Anouchka “I present you Ekaterina Oblomova” she smiled at Ragna “And here came Ragna into play “ she grinned “Anna, me and Ragna cobbled hastily a plan together: Ragna should shadow Ekaterina and at a specific point kidnap her to have leverage over Oblomov. As far as we know his wife and his daughter are the only persons Oblomov cares for” Anna corrected herself “Cared for” – a grim smile crossed her lips

Ragna added “This was the original plan, but then another opportunity presented itself: Ekaterina is a lover of classical music” – Chris noticed the change in the Icelandress´ voice, the way Ragna stressed “Ekaterina”, the pianist was intrigued – “I arranged a chance meeting at the Opera ….” Anna grinned “And seduced her”

To Chris´ surprise the Icelandress´ face reddened slightly “Something like that” Sybil continued “This opportunity was too good to be true, Ragna could lead Ekaterina exactly where we needed her, without raising suspicion – and provided us with access to her Phone and laptop, which allowed me to hack Oblomov´s server … it proved to be a goldmine” The hacker continued her narrative.

“And how did you pull it off to find the treasure ….”

Anna grinned “Long story …..”

“I have all the time in the world” Chris smiled and Anna began to talk ….

When she had ended Chris looked long at her friend, different emotions crisscrossed her face “Thank you” she said softly

Then she smiled “Wouldn´t you show us the Cross of Romanov? After all this trouble?”

Anna returned the gesture “Of course I can! You don´t believe I burned the Treasure of the Romanovs to get back at a bastard like Oblomov”

Just in this moment Chris noticed the rectangular box on Anna´s right side “Is this ….” She asked tentatively “Yes, it is …” the Russian confirmed “There is a lot of myth surrounding that cross” she paused “Uncle Fyodor said that its owner is protected by god”

Anna did not know if this was just a myth – but she would find out in the future. But that is another story to be told.

This is the end of this tale – or is it????
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

I quite like how you dealt with Ekaterina. She was innocent and just caught in a bad family. Even in the darkest of times, she was not abused for the greater good, what appeared to be the original intention. The parallels between the Reichenbachs and the Oblomovs are again visible, with the children making up for the mistakes of their elder relatives. Any chance we will see more of Ekaterina?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic