Mystic Manor: A Mystery Fantasy TUG(?/MF)

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
MrBound
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Mystic Manor: A Mystery Fantasy TUG(?/MF)

Post by MrBound »

Chapter 1: A Mysterious Meeting

(Jason's POV)

A sudden shake woke me from my slumber. I attempted to scream, however I noticed my mouth was stuff with a wet cloth, and sealed with black duct tape. I attempted to remove them when I realized that my wrists were firmly tied behind my back with rope. I looked around only to find I was stuck in a glass box. I noticed I was wearing a thick white snow coat, black snow pants, and big furry brown boots. The only light coming from above me.

Until a blinding light lit up the room, revealing a girl who was tied to a chair in the middle of the room. She seemed to be around my age, at least 19, she had brunette hair and freckles. She had a blindfold one, preventing her sight. She still seemed to be sleeping, when I noticed she was also dressed in a winter clothing. A thick black snow coat, black snow pants, however her feet were bare, exposing her violet painted toes.

She was tied around the chest and arms with rope that secured her to the chair. I assumed her wrists were also tied, and her legs were tied to the legs of the chair.

Her chair vibrated which woke her as she screamed. "HELLO ?! IS ANYBODY THERE ?!" Her voice was panicked as she looked around unaware of her surroundings. More light began to enter the room as I noticed we were in a small laboratory. The glass box sank into the floor as I noticed writings on the wall behind the girl. "The blocks of life will get you freed, the following numbers will help grow the seed." Followed by the numbers 75, 8, 92, 99, 9, and 39.

I attempted to move forward, until I noticed my legs were also tied with rope, tightened around my ankles. Thinking if I could get to the girl, she could possibly help undo my bindings. I needed to hop over to her.

Being smart, I made calculated hops so that I could try to have her free me. "IS ANYBODY ELSE HERE ?" She sound terrified as she began to wiggle profusely in her binds. As I hopped over, the temperature began to drop, the room was at least 30 degrees colder than it was before. I saw her feet begin to shake due to the cold.

After some well spaced hops, I managed to get myself behind her. Her hands were bound, but if she could undo my wrists, I could free her from her binding. "HMMLP UMMMDOMM MMMMY MMBNMMDS." I mumbled through my gag trying to say "help undo my binds." Reasonably she didn't understand and said "What ???"

I tried to speak as clearly as I could through the gag. "HMLP UMMDO MMMY BMMNDS." Thankfully she was able understand me and her hands reached behind her as she grabbed at my binds. She was working at the knot, and in good time the ropes loosened as I was able to remove them. I bent down to undo my legs, after I undid the leg binds, I readjusted my balance. I reached back to removed my gag but I felt a painful shock. I groaned in pain through the gag which seemed to get tighter around my face.

"Are you free ?" She asked. I turn to start untying her but the ropes wouldn't budge as she let out a yelp of pain. "Ouch, something shocked me." I let go of the ropes. I assumed that whatever is keeping my gag on is the same that binds her. I attempt to removed the blindfold to test if it also unremovable and it was, as another shock startled her.

After realizing that I couldn't free her, I headed to the door to try and get us out. However, it was locked by a mechanism with six circular slots which I assumed had to be filled to unlock the door. Again there was a sharp decline in temperature, as the walls began to cover in frost. I looked over to the girl who began to start shivering harder in her binds. I feared that we'd both die of the cold, so I reread the message to try and figure out what it meant.

"The blocks of life will get you freed, the following numbers will help grow the seed." Using deductive reasoning I was able to link "blocks", the numbers, and the fact that we were in a lab, to the clues being found on the periodic table.

I searched through every cabinet and drawer for any periodic table. I managed to find one in a drawer alongside six vials that seemed like they would fit the slots on the door.

As I closed the drawer after retrieving the vials and table, many beakers of multi colored liquids rose from the lab table. I'm guessing I have to find out the numbers on the beakers and fill the vials. I began looking for each number, when I paused. "Maybe I have to use this to help me." I thought as I looked down at the periodic table and began to find the numbers corresponding element: Rhenium(75/Re), Oxygen(8/O), Uranium(92/U), Einsteinium(99/Es), Fluorine(9/F), and Yttrium(39/Y).

I began filling the vials with the liquids defined by the number and marked them each with the letter of the element on the cap. Soon I had six vials filled with the liquids as I made my way over to the door. Again a harsh temperature drop, this time the ground became slippery as ice mysterious covered the floor. I carefully made my over to the door, and tried figuring out which vial goes in each slot.

At first I put them in numerically, however the door didn't do anything. That's when I tried to see if the letters formed a phrase, when all of sudden it hit me. The letters could be rearranged to spell Frees You. I put them in that order and the mechanism seemed to be opening. I ran back to help untie her and her skin was like ice. Her poor feet must be frost bitten, so I managed to untie her and lift her to get out of the room.

The temperature was now worse as harsh snowy winters began to cut at me, I slowly but surely got through the door, as we landed on a super soft carpeted floor.

The harsh cold and wind was gone, I felt the gag loosen as I was finally able to pull it out. "What the hell, are you ok ?" I turned to the girl as I removed her blindfold. "I am now, where was that place ?" I wasn't sure, but as I was about to speak again I noticed her eyes for the first time, as sapphire blue stared back at me. However, I than noticed she was wearing different clothes. She had a beige hoodie, black sweatpants, black socks, and brown Ugg Tasman slippers.

"But weren't you just...?" As I looked down to see I was wearing my favorite red jacket, black t-shirt, beige khakis, white socks, and black sneakers. "Hey my feet aren't cold anymore." She cheered as she did a small shuffle in her Uggs. I looked back to the door to see it marked with a big red 1 on it.

I looked around to see we were in a corridor. "Well thank for you getting us out of there, what your name ?" She asked. I replied. "Jason, and you are ?"

She smiled "My name is Isabella." We walked down the corridor which led out into the foyer of huge manor that seemed to have endless floors and endless corridors. "Where are we ?" She wondered as she looked up at the seemingly stretching ceiling.

I walked to the main door, and as I assumed they were locked. There was no windows anywhere, except for a giant glass ceiling that showed a raging storm. "Mystic Manor." Isabella said as she read a small plaque. "Welcome to the elusive Mystic Manor, a fantastical mansion that holds many secrets. You, Isabella Carson and Jason Matthews, must solve thirty rooms in order to escape from the manor. A new door opens each day, you have solved one so far and therefore will have to wait until tomorrow to enter the second room."

The plaque gave me and eerie vibe as it seemed to know our names and the fact that we only did one room. "Well, we should probably get some rest before the next room tomorrow." She said as she headed up the giant stairwell. "Wait, you really want to do another one of the death traps ?" I asked.

"If it's the only way to get out, now let's go find a place to sleep." She said as she ran upstairs, I looked towards the plaque, and figured we had to actually participate to get out, so I shook my head as I ran up after her.

To Be Continued....
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

Fascinating and creative - I have to read it again :)
Tugs4fun
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tugs4fun »

I really like this. Creative and adventurous! Hope to hear more about Jason and Isabella.
Discord: #3312 @Tugs4fun
TimChimp
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by TimChimp »

Interesting setting, perfect for a story as interesting!
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

I’m really looking forward to part 2!!!
Themonkeyman
Forum Contributer
Forum Contributer

Post by Themonkeyman »

Is there a chapter 2?
crow3467
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by crow3467 »

Wonderful story different from the norm. I really hope to see a part 2 in the near future
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic