Spy Camp (m+f+/m+f+) Part 36

Stories that have little truth to them should go here.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

This is a very exciting tale to read, [mention]Beaumains[/mention]. I'm waiting for your next installment most eagerly. Giselle is a fascinating character. Will be find out why her parents sent her to that camp?
ImageA List of my stories:
An Unlikely Savior Completed
Spy Task Force Completed
Tale of an Archer Completed
The Bandit Scout on Newhome updated 05/30/23
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago ...

“Then let’s call it a game,” Giselle said. Of course, they had used the phone to track her.
And right she is! Loving it!
TamatoaShiny123
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by TamatoaShiny123 »

Another awesome chapter! I can't wait to see what happens next!!!
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Interesting choices. I wasn't expecting that all the contestants would fail the first test. Like it's said, maybe it was to show them the consequences of failure, but still... wasn't expecting that!

Good to see Giselle using her skills. She's great at thinking under pressure.

Only one question: the last phrase means she gave up? Or that she's still playing for round 1?
slackywacky
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by slackywacky »

It is interesting to read how Giselle is adapting to the circumstances. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.
Slackywacky, also @DeviantArt

My active stories: Updated story catalog: All my stories
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago Interesting choices. I wasn't expecting that all the contestants would fail the first test. Like it's said, maybe it was to show them the consequences of failure, but still... wasn't expecting that!

Good to see Giselle using her skills. She's great at thinking under pressure.

Only one question: the last phrase means she gave up? Or that she's still playing for round 1?
In some places, for example the military, cults or certain academic schools, they expect that a rough treatment at the start will higher that bad and increase the performance. I had the same idea here. Make a task look easy, and let them fail to break them and be able to build their idwntity from scratch. Failure to start is quite uncommon for kids, but it shows how serious this camp is, and if you want to have a good time, you will have to show results. Whether it stays as ruthless when the new campers settle in is to be seen.

Well, at least I am glad I can still surprise you with such a plot. That's good to hear.

I won't go in detail about your question. Indeed, Giselle admits she cannot complete the task. Whether this is seen as a complete failure will have to wait until the next chapter.
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

Interesting chapter, Giselle seems to be getting into this game, and maybe she will take it serious. !
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Beaumains wrote: 1 year ago In some places, for example the military, cults or certain academic schools, they expect that a rough treatment at the start will higher that bad and increase the performance. I had the same idea here. Make a task look easy, and let them fail to break them and be able to build their idwntity from scratch. Failure to start is quite uncommon for kids, but it shows how serious this camp is, and if you want to have a good time, you will have to show results. Whether it stays as ruthless when the new campers settle in is to be seen.
Yeah, that was kind of my point. If this was an adult camp, I would have expected an impossible first task. Wasn't expecting it for a children-teenager camp. Still, it's a very good lesson and a twist I wasn't expecting (a good twist, in my opinion).
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago Yeah, that was kind of my point. If this was an adult camp, I would have expected an impossible first task. Wasn't expecting it for a children-teenager camp. Still, it's a very good lesson and a twist I wasn't expecting (a good twist, in my opinion).
This is really a camp for teens, and (as can be expected) not your usual summer camp. I honestly think that not letting them fail would be a little belittling. The young people send to military boot camp or get hazed as students are only two years older. I don't intend to treat these characters as stupid, young children that need to be protected at all cost. As said in the first chapter, this camp gives them a lot of freedom in their decisions, and sometimes those have consequences. On the surface what is told may seem hard, but there are always for them to fall back on.

-----------------------------------------------------

“Comment ça va?”

“Ça va bien,” Giselle replied automatically. She spun around and faced the petite girl she had tricked in the mall.

“That’s where my French ends. Wanna join us for dinner?”

Back at the office block, it was dinner time. The canteen consisted of brilliant colors, clean, soothing corners, and vivid lights to create a tasteless, uninspirational space for millions to dull their lives and creativity. The existence of the forces of nature and rebellion had been squandered by boring perfection.

“Sure, fine,” Giselle responded, carrying her cheap plastic tray to the white table with wooden chairs that were nearly uncomfortable. Four teens were already seated there, eating mediocre mashed potatoes, gravy, and a sausage. She sat down and gave a friendly nod. Still sporting their mission clothes, the newcomers were out of place, not wearing black tracksuits.

“Hi,” the golden-haired girl said, sitting down opposite Giselle. “I go here by Tara, short for Tarantula.”

Giselle chucked despite her efforts to remain decent. “Tarantula?” Her parents had not loved their newborn.

“Yeah, Tarantula. During my initiative mission, my weapon of choice was a net.”

Another small girl with black hair and Asian features turned to Giselle. “I’m Red Deer, but everyone calls me Red.”

“That’s cause she froze when she was confronted. Like a deer in headlights.”

“What’s up with the animal names?” Giselle inquired, confused. The others snickered.

A muscular boy with short curly ginger hair spoke up. “That’s how we roll here. No real names, only our code names. We’ll give you one tonight. By the way, you can eat. It ain’t any better cold.”

Giselle nodded, hearing his name was Bulldog. She let her fork enter the mashed potatoes, and their taste was disappointingly bland, but at least it was edible.

“Everything here is performance-based. Doing better means better food, like ice cream or cake for dessert,” Red added. “You play constantly. This game never stops.”

Tara smirked. “You should be ruthless. Your win might be very rough for your opponent, but that’s better than ending up there yourself. Everyone understands that.”

Bulldog bobbed his head. “However, reputations exist. Who’s trustworthy? Too trustful? Who’ll take revenge? Responsibility for mistakes? Others should want to team with you, but having friends and allies is easier.”

“If you want to continue to win, you need allies. Strong alliances with much trust. A knife easily ends up in your back,” Red urged, all serious.

Giselle did not care about these people in the slightest. Her summer would either be lazy and depressing or hard-working and tolerable. These nerds were unable to chill out and protest these rules. These weirdos did not mind injuring or kidnapping someone.

“So ...” Tara said. “Are you in? You seem the most talented of the bunch. You embarrassed me already and outsmarted the rest of us. We could use you.”

“I’ll consider it.” That was a lie. Giselle preferred hanging out with sane campers. The two boys on the table had remained silent, and declining could antagonize all. Giselle did not desire them close by, not as friends and neither as enemies.

“That’s a no?”

“It’s not. I don’t understand any shit here. Can’t promise what I don’t comprehend.”

The other campers gazed at Giselle as Tarantula cracked a smile. “Fair enough. You win. But remember who gave this offer first.”

Giselle nodded and devoured her meal during the awkward silence. These games did not interest her, and the alliance did not want to share their knowledge with the newcomer. In general, everyone here was quiet and focused. Her school canteen was totally different: laughter and happiness to celebrate their temporary release from the classroom prisons.

Not much later, the middle-aged man that had briefed the newcomers rose, and the eyes of the thirty campers followed him. “Good evening, students,” he voiced after climbing a small stage. He sported the same outdated suit. “I’m pleased to see your new companions received a warm welcome and are accepted into our ranks. You met this afternoon as enemies, and your competition had mixed results. Your mercy and forgiveness are remarkable, but you made unnecessary ludicrous mistakes. Lapses of judgment far below our expectations and standards. Accordingly, responsibility and accountability have to be taken.”

Giselle’s lips curled. The slow, monotone voice made her reckon she was being pranked by a low-budget TV show. Otherwise, she was in a middle school improv class.

The man opened his notebook. “Incident 1, Polar Bear.”

A boy with clipped black hair and muscles like a professional wrestler came forward.

“Explain yourself.”

His genuine nerves amused Giselle. Like a toddler forced to admit having grabbed chocolate and half had ended up on their face, he faced the crowd.

“So, uh, we were waiting near the entrance, from a bench. I spotted what appeared to be one of our objectives approximately 100 feet away. I told my partner this information, but she did not recognize him. Hence, I stood up and pointed at him, which caused him to flee. If I had waited, he would have walked right into our arms.”

“Exactly. You were recognized despite him not knowing your identity. You blew your own cover. Spin the wheel.”

A blanket was lifted to reveal a dark green wheel belonging to a game show or carnival. The wheel itself was almost entirely covered. Only the selected option was visible. Polar Bear gave it a big spin, and the needle rapidly tapped against the many screws. It decelerated slowly, but reading the text was still impossible. The rationale for the punishment still mystified Giselle: It was not terrible, was it? It was not illegal or harming anyone. His nerves read that whatever the outcome, it would be more severe than a few hours of detention or cleaning the school’s hallways. Finally, she read the strange word “cleave-gag,” but the needle picked the subsequent possibility: Blindfold.

The middle-aged man coughed. “Polar Bear, your sentence is being blindfolded tonight. Do you want to appeal?”

“No, sir,” he replied as Hanover rushed onto the stage with a black hat. She pushed it over his head and fastened a strap under his chin with a tiny padlock. The specialized blindfold frightened Giselle. This camp was bizarre. Hanover led Polar Bear back to his seat, and the man called Tarantula forward.

“Please, confess. You know the drill,” the man ordered, and Tara detailed her awkward interaction with Giselle in the mall. Apparently, they had also trailed her for a few minutes inside the mall but lost her. Tara had made the call and would accept the sanction for the error. Despite the satisfying win, seeing Tara being strapped into a straitjacket disheartened her. She wanted to embarrass these oddballs, not humiliate them like circus animals. Now, she was treated like a patient in an insane asylum.

Giselle was responsible for the third and final punishment too. The legs of one of the guys who had overlooked to lock the van were taped together.

“Don’t feel bad,” Red Deer whispered. “They all deserved it.”

Tarantula overheard her. “The bondage is annoying at most. The podium ceremony is the real punishment. Washington knows how to instill a message.”

As the boy hopped down the podium’s stairs, an ominous smile formed on the man’s cheeks. Giselle presumed his name was Washington. “After these necessary corrections, the festivities to formally welcome our new friends can start. They require code names. Please, don’t be shy. Come on the stage to select them!”

Giselle sighed, not desiring any attention, but she had few options. The six chairs soon bared five eager teens and Giselle in the darkest corner. The man narrated their mission accomplishments and urged their peers to find a fitting animal as a code name. Six boxes for slips of paper with potential nicknames and explanations were placed, and voting would seal the decision.

Giselle wished to be absorbed by the ground or vanish in thin air. She detested being judged, and regardless of the result, it would shape her life for the upcoming five weeks. Her tricks could provoke revenge already. She stood out. Although failing to complete the entire mission, she was praised for achieving the maximum possible. Her table was in a heated debate, and Bulldog submitted a name for her. In total, four names were entered for her.

The voting process was even more stressful. Again, anonymous and sometimes needing multiple rounds, the six fates belonged to their counterparts.

“Spider Octopus, we welcome,” Washington told the girl Giselle had saved from the van. Octopuses were great at escaping. “One person remains, and she solely posed a challenge and plagued you with catastrophic results. To reward your strategy, you get snacks tonight.”

A youth male counselor gave her a bag with a bottle of cola, peanuts, candy, and chocolate. Giselle hid her disappointment well: No beer at this children’s camp.

“Let’s read your names,” Washington said as Giselle’s heart pounded in her chest. How cruel would the names be? She anticipated dung beetle, tadpole, earwig, cockroach, or crueler and more degrading suggestions. As her four possibilities were read, her breathing slowed. They were not awful, but she would never suggest them herself.

Dolphin was dropped, and Grey Wolf failed as well. Stonefish was the runner-up, and when the fourth name was picked, Giselle faked a smile. It was bearable.

“Swift Fox.”
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

I like the insights into Giselle´s thoughts very much, her arkwardness. The anxiety about that code name the others will choose for her? She tries to comprehend in what situation she is. And I like the atmoshere you created. This camp will surely be intesting - to say the least.

To call a child tarantula is awful. I understand that the girl prefers Tara :)

If I might say so: In my opinion it is a good choice not to use the usual boot camp as location. This makes this story unique.
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago To call a child tarantula is awful. I understand that the girl prefers Tara :)
haha, that comment about her parents was before Giselle knew it was a code name and that all bore animal code names. Of course her parents didn't named her Tarantula! Giselle is not always a reliable narrator ;) Maybe it was not the nicest nickname, but I liked it.
Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago If I might say so: In my opinion it is a good choice not to use the usual boot camp as location. This makes this story unique.
A boot camp story has far less options. The ideals would be athleticism and discipline. It does not give me much inspiration for distinct skills and games. A (romanticized) spy format has a lot more social aspects (deception, persuasion, trust, bluff, ...), stealth, intrusion and much more while also containing athleticism and discipline. I chose the spies for a reason.
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Aha! Exposition! Exposition well done!

Most of the time, I find authors (including myself) dying to tell the readers about the world they created. And most of the time, including said information in chapters where said info is not necessary. Not in this case. It did matter here and we learn more about the camp along with Giselle.

We got info about the punishment for failure, the rewards for good performance, and the names they get. Even more characters. I'm not sure if Giselle, sorry, Swift Fox, is making the right choice by rejecting Tara and her friends, but we'll see. Super eager to see where this story goes from now.
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago ...

We got info about the punishment for failure, the rewards for good performance, and the names they get. Even more characters. I'm not sure if Giselle, sorry, Swift Fox, is making the right choice by rejecting Tara and her friends, but we'll see. Super eager to see where this story goes from now.
Agreeing to this!
Also: excellently developed, good telling - especielly SwiftFox' thinking and behavior!
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

Well done, [mention]Beaumains[/mention]. Because of your excellent writing and your interesting and creative story, this has jumped into the small handful of stories that I follow with much eagerness. I hope you continue this for a long time.
Spy Task Force Completed
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

Another interesting chapter, plenty of detail, this story is coming along nicely. Giselle has shown what she can do, and by the looks of it, she seems to want to stay on her own, and not join any groups. I look forward to the next part of this story. :)
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago Aha! Exposition! Exposition well done!

Most of the time, I find authors (including myself) dying to tell the readers about the world they created. And most of the time, including said information in chapters where said info is not necessary. Not in this case. It did matter here and we learn more about the camp along with Giselle.

Yeah, I recognize myself in this. I have so many ideas, backgrounds and rules I could tell you about, but they do not fit anywhere. For the Tangled Maiden, so many things did not make it to the final version.

Giselle is far from a perfect character, and I tell the story from her point of view. Often, it could be useful to think what others think of her actions.
GreyLord wrote: 1 year ago Well done, [mention]Beaumains[/mention]. Because of your excellent writing and your interesting and creative story, this has jumped into the small handful of stories that I follow with much eagerness. I hope you continue this for a long time.
Thanks a lot! I have no clue how long this story will be. I have no overarching plot (though I have some ideas for long-term character development) and just many smaller ideas I can combine in this story.
Tieup1 wrote: 1 year ago Another interesting chapter, plenty of detail, this story is coming along nicely. Giselle has shown what she can do, and by the looks of it, she seems to want to stay on her own, and not join any groups. I look forward to the next part of this story. :)
Thanks for your kind words! Giselle does not want to be alone, but she prefers being alone over the other teens there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Sleepyhead, needing caffeine?”

“What?” Giselle yawned, lifting her head from the table. The bacon omelet had been surprisingly decent.

“Coffee, Swift Fox?” Spider Octopus giggled.

“Damn, I need some,” Giselle reacted. “How do you survive? I’ve ne’er been a morning person.”

“It’s almost 8 already. It ain’t too bad. The birds have been singing for hours already!”

Giselle’s mental condition only made her more jubilant. She sat down and refilled Giselle’s mug. Most other campers had already finished eating and were playing card games. “I haven’t had a real chance to mention it, but thank you for yesterday. I looked so much more competent than I deserved.”

“You’re welcome.”

“My code name is less cool than yours, and I did not earn it, but at least it’s positive.”

Giselle yawned before taking a sip of the boiling hot coffee. “Not very catchy, is it? They should’ve gone with octopus.”

“Yeah, true, that bothered me as well, but their intentions were good. It hasn’t any good abbreviations. Both Spidey and Octo are meh. Overused already.”

Giselle still could not believe how happy she was here. “You could try Eight. That sounds mysterious.”

“You’re absolutely brilliant,” Eight beamed. “Eight... Yeah, that sounds better. Thanks a lot. What training you wanna take this morning?”

“Dunno,” Giselle replied. Training sounded a lot like classes. “What shit do they offer?”

“Lock picking and kickboxing in the first round, escapology and navigation second. All sound good,” the brunette smirked deviously.

“Still staying alive?” Bulldog laughed as Giselle left the shower. She had opted for kickboxing, presuming she would fall asleep while messing with copper pins.

“That fucker could not chill. No fun allowed in this boot camp.”

“Language, Fox,” Tara sneered. “If you had ever moved a muscle, you wouldn’t complain.”

“What?”

“No need to drop F-bombs.”

Giselle rolled her eyes, despising being lectured. She was flexible and a decent runner but had never trained her cardio.

Tarantula had spotted it. “Orlando is formidable. No need to call him a fucker. If you detest everything here, you should leave.”

Giselle snorted as they reached the stand with drinks for the 15-minute break. There was only water and lemonade.

“So, with a more positive attitude: what’s next? Navigation or escapology?” Tara inquired, chugging her lemonade and reaching for seconds.

“Navigation. I ain’t gonna let anyone tie me up.”

Bulldog laughed and exchanged a smirk with Tarantula. “That’s an ambitious target. I would bet against you succeeding in that promise even today.”

Giselle disregarded him and sat down, chewing on her oatmeal cookie.

Tarantula placed her small hand on Giselle’s shoulder, turning the new girl to her golden locks. “This place is odd for you, I can imagine. However, I’d recommend being open-minded and trying new things. Don’t be so stubborn. Okay? If you’ve any questions or problems, visit a counselor. It would be uncool to waste your summer or ruin ours. You’re invited here for a reason.”

Giselle saw she was sincere. “Sure.”

“Cool. Pay attention during navigation. Whatever technique is discussed has to be applied in a mission soon.”

Giselle nodded as the shadow of a counselor rose above her. “Swift Fox, come with me.” The brunette had a pretty, tender face, but her intonation was strict. “Why?” Giselle wanted to ask her. Only, she had other plans. “Swift Fox, now.”

Giselle said goodbye to Bulldog and Tarantula and trailed the marching counselor through the winding corridors as if she had received detention. The counselor urged her to enter a small, peculiar classroom two floors up. Four chairs, a few unfashionable mannequins, and a crate filled with rope surrounded two yoga mats. Hanover and Hedgehog, a girl who had joined the camp with Giselle and had failed her mission horribly, were discussing knots already. Hedgehog smiled in relief, not being the sole camper here.

“Sit down,” the brown-haired counselor ordered Giselle. “Good morning, ladies. My name is Ithaca, and together with Hanover, we’ve to instruct you about tie-ups. At this camp, you’ll often encounter tie-ups both to tie up your fellow campers, be tied by them, NPCs, or us as punishment. You two are the only new ones unfamiliar, so in the upcoming two hours, you’ll learn how to do so safely. You’ll miss your second class.”

Giselle wanted to exchange a shocked gaze with Hedgehog, but she grinned.

Ithaca scraped her throat. “Safety. Rule 1: Never leave someone tied alone. Not for a minute. At any time, the person tied should be capable of communicating their discomfort within five seconds. You stay with them or ask someone else, staff, or fellow campers to do so. Understood?”

Giselle and Hedgehog nodded.

“This is one of the few hard rules. You can bend most rules here and be creative in finding loopholes or alternative explanations, but tie-up safety is non-negotiable. Rule 2: No ropes around necks. Never.”

More nodding ensued as Ithaca continued naming safety precautions, expressing their importance like they were life-and-death situations. If tying someone up is so dangerous, why are people doing it? Nerves can be damaged, your vomit can kill you if your mouth is blocked, and you cannot catch yourself when you fall. Giselle had done many irresponsible, dangerous things, but they at least had a potential pay-off. There was no gain.

“Now the fun part: how to tie someone up,” Ithaca continued her monologue. She seized the closest mannequin, one dressed in a lavender-pink summer dress. “We start simple: Hands parallel behind the back. Double column tie. Double the rope over both wrists to form a lark’s head and wind it around them in the opposite direction. Don’t cross the rope on the skin. Keep the tension but don’t make it too tight as we get to the cinching. Then finish off with a knot. Simple. Your turn.”

Giselle was stunned. The girl’s hands had been lightning fast, exposing her sinful background. The tie was neat and clean, which would be hard to recreate first try.

“Come on, girls, select a victim and grab a rope.”

Giselle sighed as she knelt beside a male mannequin wearing a tie-dye shirt and bright yellow shorts. She turned him on his back and straightened his arms, with her wavy black hair behind her ear. Her rope was blood-red, and as instructed, she found the middle and circled it around the plastic limbs.

“Don’t place the hitch against the skin,” Hanover spoke calmly. Of course, she was being monitored. She nodded and complied with the construction. “Maintain tension,” was her ensuing critique. Giselle sensed she had made every mistake in the book. Yet, Hanover remained patient but did not engulf her in compliments. She was firm, like a game designer guiding the player through a level. Giselle wanted to rebel and be free, but throwing a tantrum was unsuitable.

“Now his legs,” the blonde-haired counselor urged the second Giselle finished. Fifteen minutes later, three ropes sewed the lifeless limbs together, and the counselors continued to the second topic: Crossed limbs. Tying a rope to a single limb, a chair tie, and a hogtie followed. Ithaca and Hanover demonstrated them rapidly, and the two campers had to copy. Giselle’s head exploded by the number of names dropped and the absence of breaks.

“Had fun, Swift Fox?” Ithaca questioned Giselle as a broomstick forced her mannequin’s legs far apart.

“Yeah,” Giselle lied. She wished to lie down on a couch and snore loudly.

“You’ll love the last exercise.” She scraped her throat and turned to Hedgehog, who had been a little faster during each exercise. “Attention. Before sending you away, you get a taste of being on the receiving end in a controlled environment and envision the creative freedom in the art of bondage.”

Hanover’s smirk widened. “Yeah, yesterday your fellow campers were instructed to take it easy. Believe me, you’ll make more thorough decisions after this hour.”
Last edited by Beaumains 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Caesar73
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Caesar73 »

I really loved the opening chapter of this fith Part. Giselle is obviously no morning person. Also well done the conversation between Tara and Giselle. The first telling the letter to change her attitude. The instruction into escapology obviously surprised Giselle. She did not expect that. It seems like Giselle is still adjusting to the rules and spirit of this camp. And that devious little cliffhanger at the end? We will see what will follow. The whole set up of this story allows for a lot of roads to take. And if you allow me one personal remark: It is simply a pleasure to read your stories not only because of the content but because of your style: All flows, no breaks, nothing seems constructed
Tieup1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Tieup1 »

A good chapter, Giselle will have lots to learn, this camp has rules. She seems to be a bit of a rebel, but in order to get on, she will have to get used to working with some of the others. It will be fun to see how she reacts to the situations she finds herself in. :)
Ovi1
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Ovi1 »

Another good part, is this the start of some character development for Swift Fox? At least we've started on learning skills.

Also I think you made a typo when you wrote limp instead of limb

I'm still very excited to see you continue!
I believe you would be a lot more comfortable in ropes
Beaumains
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by Beaumains »

Caesar73 wrote: 1 year ago I really loved the opening chapter of this fith Part. Giselle is obviously no morning person. Also well done the conversation between Tara and Giselle. The first telling the letter to change her attitude. The instruction into escapology obviously surprised Giselle. She did not expect that. It seems like Giselle is still adjusting to the rules and spirit of this camp. And that devious little cliffhanger at the end? We will see what will follow. The whole set up of this story allows for a lot of roads to take. And if you allow me one personal remark: It is simply a pleasure to read your stories not only because of the content but because of your style: All flows, no breaks, nothing seems constructed
Thanks a lot for your very kind words!! One minor remark: Giselle did not enter the escapology class. This was one special class for the new campers. That cliffhanger was indeed a little devious, but so far, I had not used any, so it's allowed ;).
Tieup1 wrote: 1 year ago A good chapter, Giselle will have lots to learn, this camp has rules. She seems to be a bit of a rebel, but in order to get on, she will have to get used to working with some of the others. It will be fun to see how she reacts to the situations she finds herself in. :)
Yeah, Giselle is a little rebellious and dislikes authority figures, but if she wants a fun summer, she has to change her behavior somehow.
Ovi1 wrote: 1 year ago Another good part, is this the start of some character development for Swift Fox? At least we've started on learning skills.
Yeah, I am intending to give Giselle some character development. You mention skills, but I am not intending to give her a miraculous fast learning curve. Even in a few weeks, she cannot gain every possible tie-up skill.
Ovi1 wrote: 1 year ago Also I think you made a typo when you wrote limp instead of limb
Oops, fixed that. Thanks for mentioning it.
Mineira1986
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Mineira1986 »

Nice chapter. So that's what the teens do between missions. When the story started, I thought it was going to be mission after mission. But now it feels more like a camp. Great.

It's a good contrast to see how most of the other teens seem to enjoy the activities but not Giselle. It makes her stand out for the readers. The cliffhanger is good: now we'll get to know what Swift Fox feels when she's in the ropes for the first time.
GreyLord
Millennial Club
Millennial Club

Post by GreyLord »

“Had fun, Swift Fox?” Ithaca questioned Giselle as a broomstick forced her mannequin’s legs far apart.

“Yeah,” Giselle lied. She wished to lie down on a couch and snore loudly.

“You’ll love the last exercise.” She scraped her throat and turned to Hedgehog, who had been a little faster during each exercise. “Attention. Before sending you away, you get a taste of being on the receiving end in a controlled environment and envision the creative freedom in the art of bondage.”
It does appear that Swift Fox is on the of being tied up. But will she simply add to the frustrations of the councilors by going to sleep and snoring through her bondage session?
Spy Task Force Completed
Shotrow
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Shotrow »

Finally got around to reading this, after it had been on my list for a really long time. It's a great story! The premise is original and the characters are strong. As others have said, Giselle stands out because of her cynicism and outsider status. Looking forward to more.

Thanks to Mineira1986 for the banner!

Check out my stories on deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/shotrow
Nainur
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Nainur »

Mineira1986 wrote: 1 year ago Nice chapter. So that's what the teens do between missions. When the story started, I thought it was going to be mission after mission. But now it feels more like a camp. Great.

It's a good contrast to see how most of the other teens seem to enjoy the activities but not Giselle. It makes her stand out for the readers. The cliffhanger is good: now we'll get to know what Swift Fox feels when she's in the ropes for the first time.
Yes, exactly!
Trammel
Centennial Club
Centennial Club

Post by Trammel »

“Navigation. I ain’t gonna let anyone tie me up.”

I love this story so far and this may be one of the best lines I have ever read in one of these stories. Looking forward to, and hoping, the young lady eats those words, and her reaction to it! :lol:
Thanks for reading. Feel free to comment.

Active story:

The bully, the tree and me (mm/m): http://tugstories.com/viewtopic.php?f=8 ... 967b8517c3

Recently finished story:

A Kidnapping For MacKenzie.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic